The Library [EverlyxAndy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marielle followed Eirian all the way down to the Earth level, just to make sure the Guardian did not turn tail and run. Once there, the Kitsune skipped off with a giggle, leaving Eirian alone. She swallowed nervously and hesitated, then slowly walked across the floor. A few minutes later she found Jason, seemingly occupied by a book. Interrupting would be rude, she reasoned. She should just leave him alone.. but then Marielle would march her right back in here.

"Jason..?"

He paused and looked up from his book and gave her a small smile. He marked his page then shut the book and stood up. He wondered what she had to say but he didn't care as long as he was near her he was happy "yes Eirian?."

"Um.."

She fidgeted a bit, at a loss for words. This was stupid. How was she supposed to just announce that she would like to kiss him to see if she felt some sort of instinctual thing that her friend had insisted was there? She frowned, looking down at her hands. There was no way she was going to come out and say that. Damn it. This was a waste of time. She sighed, mentally backing out like a coward.

".. Nevermind."

Reactions: Andy
He stared at her for a moment. Clearly she wanted to say something or maybe do something but she was clearly nervous about it. It made him smile and chuckle a bit. Normally she was teasing him about being nervous but now the shoe was on the other foot.

He walked towards her and offered her his hand to come sit down "look..Eirian you can talk to me about anything I won't judge you or change my opinion or anything. So please say what's on your mind"

Reactions: Ethys
Eirian looked up and hesitated, glancing at Jason's offered hand. She nearly took it, but then she shook her head slightly and fell back a step. This was something beyond her capabilities. She couldn't handle this. The Kitsune had been wrong. She bit her lower lip anxiously, her cheeks a bright pink color.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't."

He stared at her for a moment before he gently let his hand fall back to his side. He didn't know what was going on here but he wanted to find out.

He figured maybe she was just nervous so he figured he'd try to call her down. He walked over to the stack of books she set out for him. "I really like the books you set out for me they're really interesting"

"Oh, you do? I had hoped you liked them. I made sure to only pick ones written in a language you would be able to read, or ones with a lot of pictures," Eirian said, relaxing and smiling at him. She followed him over to the table, putting the whole kissing idea out of her mind as they spoke about a safer topic. "Which ones have you looked at so far?"

He slid the first one he had read towards her "i finished that one a few minutes before you came dowm. I just started reading this one a little while ago"

He smiled a bit. He was glad she was relaxing now. Clearly she was putting whatever was on her mind out of it and he'd be able to ask her about it later

Eirian picked up the book that he slid to her, nodding a bit as she looked it over. Already done one. That was good. Some visitors were terribly slow readers. It made her happy that he was not like that. She set the book aside and glanced at the one he had just started. Good progress. She looked up at Jason and smiled.

"Good, good. I'll leave you to read, then. I hate to interrupt. I'm going to go down to the starscape room."

He looks over at her and rubs the back if his head "um..is it ok if I come with you? When you uh..showed me the room in the future it really left an impression on me"

He knew he was being a bit risky but he wanted to make her comfortable enough and maybe she would let him know what was on her mind

"Sure," she agreed easily, giving him a smile and offering a hand to him. "We have to jump over the railing to get there. Do you trust me?"

• Love
He smiles and nods a bit and repeats what he said to her future self when she took him to the room "I trust you with my life Eirian. I know you would never cause me harm on purpose nor would I ever do that to you. I'll go with you wherever you may be as long as you let me be by your side through it"

Eirian smiled at him, a faint blush on her cheeks as she realized the committment he was making to her. Perhaps he did not realize what he had said.. or maybe he did. She curled her fingers around his and walked with him to the stairs, climbing up onto the railing with him just as they had before. Once he was ready, she jumped with him. She laughed as they fell, delighted as always by the thrilling method of travel. Exactly as the time before, they soon slowed and slid into the level that held the room.

"Pick any seat you want," she invited, releasing his hand to go to the center of the room and activate the panel.

He smiled a bit as they walked up towards the railing and jumped off. This time he kept his eyes open and have a small laugh as he fell. When he felt them slowing he looked over at her before he followed her inside.

Once inside he went over to one of the chairs and sat down as she opened up the ceiling "I'll never get tired if this view"

"Me neither. This is my favorite place," Eirian murmured as she spread her hands over the panel and sent her magick flying above. Soon the room was lit only by the faint twinkling of stars and planets, leaving the floor level in a coating of mostly darkness. She carefully made her way over to Jason and took the seat right next to him, soon reclining and looking up at the beautiful view. "Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?"

He smiles and stares up at the ceiling as the starts twinkled above them and the planets slowly spun in orbit. When she sat beside him he had to fight the urge to put hus arm around her and hold her close. When she asked her question he fell silent for a moment before he looked at her "yes I have...and I'm looking at her right now."

• Love
Eirian blinked in surprise and looked over at Jason, finding his eyes on hers. Thankfully the dark room hid the deep blush that suddenly came upon her cheeks as she realized he was talking about her. Her? More beautiful than the stars? True, they were conjured and not actual stars, but the starscape was gorgeous none the less. Yet there he was, claiming she was more beautiful than that. She swallowed nervously and looked away, ignoring her inner voice demanding that she kiss him while she had the chance.

"You're.. You're silly," she managed, her voice a bit squeaky.

• Love
Jason smiled a bit at her comment. He expected something like that from her but he didn't care. "Maybe I am."

He reached over and gently put his hand over hers and spoke to her softly "..but that doesn't mean what I say isn't true. Your brighter and more beautiful then any star in the night sky."

Eirian was silent for a long minute, taking in how close to her he really was. If she wanted, she could reach up with her free hand and poke him right on the nose. He was being terribly sweet to her and making her blush even more, but still she was frozen in place. There was no way she could go through with it. Oh well. She looked over at him and smiled, cheeks still bright pink.

"Thank you."

He swallows hard and nods a bit. His eyes glanced down to her lips fir a moment before they went back up to her eyes. He wanted to kiss her terribly but he didn't want to push his limits "..Eirian..would..it be ok if I were to kiss you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.