The Legend of Zelda Extravaganza:Murder Game VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'd like to sign up but I haven't come up with the right character yet.

And I'm not sure how 'Animal spirit' is at all relevant. Honestly, I don't know if I can find a character with a good matching animal spirit.

image.jpg
IC
Name: Taopaipai
Bio/History: Well, I used to be an assassin, a mercenairy of sorts, charging extrusions the amounts for my services. I am the greatest assassin known to man, or at least I was, until I took a grenade to the face. It took every cent I owned to repair my body, but now I am even more threatening than I have ever been. I am a cyborg. Twice as powerful as the average human (pretty weak by dbz standards). Soon my vengeance shall come upon that blasted monkey.
Canon base: Dragon. Ball
Powers/Abilities: Super/Dodon Ray (small energy beams), higher-than-average-speed and strength, partially metal body and concealed blade beneeth removable hand.
Strengths: Excellent hand to hand combat skill, skilled with never stirkes
Weaknesses: Outclassed almost by every off world threat, low power level (210-240 approx), "all-bark-and-no-bite"
Personality: Arrogant and vicious; an unyielding killer
Family/Friends: Master Shen (Brother), Tien Shinhan (former student), Chiaotzu(Former Student)
Animal Spirit: Snake
Theme Song:

And I'm not sure how 'Animal spirit' is at all relevant. Honestly, I don't know if I can find a character with a good matching animal spirit.
it's so we know what kinda Patronus we'd be casting

arance:
images
(No official picture, he's been dead for decades by the time the game starts.)

Name: Randall Dean Clark (Nicknames include 'The Survivalist' and 'The Father in the Cave')

Age: Somewhere around 50-60 (Playing Randall after the Sorrows arrive in Zion, but before he dies of old age)

Bio/History: Spoiler
Randall Dean Clark (born February 5, 2053) was an American soldier prior to the Great War. He served in Canada during its annexation, describing the experience not as frightening, but "just sickening, the criminality of it". He had a wife and son in Salt Lake City, both of whom were killed when the city was destroyed in the war. When the bombs fell, Clark was driving home from one of his frequent solitary hiking trips in the wild. Guilt over the fact that he did not die with his family would haunt him for years to come.
A first indication of Clark's unsentimental practicality and ability to choose the best course of action in the face of grim realities was shown in his mercy killing of an old couple who had been blinded by the flash of the nuclear attack. His truck rendered useless by the EMP blast associated with the bombs' detonation, Clark hiked back to Zion and took shelter in a cave. Fortunately for him, the cave in question was a USGS research site that the associated scientific team hastily abandoned after the bombs fell, probably trying to get back to their families. The abandoned food stores left by the team proved invaluable to Clark, as the radiation levels outside forced him to remain in the cave for several months. The duration surprised him, as the Army had told him that nuclear fallout took only 2–4 weeks to clear.
Once it was safe to go outside, Clark was astounded by the new life forms that had developed, not the least with his sightings of other humans in Zion. His first encounter with a group of feral ghouls left him questioning his own sanity for a time. In his observations of a group of Spanish speaking refugees, having initially been skeptical of these new inhabitants, he ended up feeling compassion when one of the men broke his leg. Clark secretly called for help and left medicine. He tried to intervene directly when a Vault 22 expedition, escaping their mutagen infected Vault, established a camp in Zion and killed most of the refugees. Clark, unable to save the captives from their fates at the hand of the Vault 22 dwellers, eventually drove off the intruders using traps, explosives, and his own rifle from the War, along with a recovered set of Desert Ranger combat armor. A holotape that the player can find in a duffle bag at the Vault 22 dwellers' guard camp, entitled BEWARE - A VENGEFUL SPIRIT STALKS THESE CANYONS, indicates that by the time the Vault 22 refugees finally fled Zion, there were only 34 of them left alive out of an original 118. The holotape also claims that they had to defend themselves from the local tribals, but it mentions nothing of cannibalism or starting the assault on the tribals. Most of the rest had been killed by Clark, to whom the Vault 22 refugees had begun to attribute supernatural powers.
Clark's computer journals detail his memories of his first family, as well as his developing relationship with Sylvie, a vault dweller from the Vault 22 expedition, who was caught in one of Clark's bear traps when escaping from the infection. Over time, Clark and Sylvie became romantically attached and Sylvie became pregnant. Tragically, his new son, Michael, died as the result of a breech delivery, and Sylvie, who had been "put out" with chems, never woke up. Clark's new-found reason for living was once again shattered. The loss of a second family drove him to regularly contemplate suicide, but he never found the courage to go through with it.
It would appear Randall suffered from survivor's guilt, a mental condition where a person perceives himself or herself to have committed an injustice by undeservedly surviving a traumatic event that others have not survived. In Randall's case, he initially blamed himself for surviving the Great War while his first wife and son,Charlotte and Alex, did not, and later felt guilt for not saving Sylvie or Michael, though he had no training in obstetrics and had prepared as well as he could. This hypothesis is further reinforced by the aid he provided to the group of child survivors he encountered near the end of his life, as many victims divert their survivor guilt into helping others deal with traumatic situations.
Eventually he acknowledges humanity's "blind drive onward," becoming a godlike figure to a new group of children who enter the valley, the ancestors of the Sorrows tribe the player interacts with during the game. He remains unseen to this group, but leaves them notes and other messages preaching the value of kindness and mutual care. He assists them materially as much as he can, passing weapons manuals, medical books, and practical supplies on to them, always remaining concealed. In late 2123 he develops a terminal lung disease, which he assumed was cancer. Reluctant to shatter the illusions of the children by revealing himself, alive or dead, as merely a battered old man, he leaves them his last messages, personalized for each of the child survivors, assuring them that although he will be silent in the future, he will be "still watching and still caring." On January 23rd, 2124, realizing his end is near and having decided that he doesn't want another birthday, he climbs up The Red Gate to a place where the children will be unlikely to find his corpse and allows himself to die of exposure, looking up into the sky during his final moments. He died 13 days before his 71st birthday, surviving 47 years after the Great War.
In his last account, he attributes his long years of survival as a result of him not wanting to let his loved ones go. Their memories in his mind are the best and "only life" he could have provided them with. He concludes that, at the end of his life, the children, and the innocence that they represented, were "a gift" after all the troubles he endured in Zion, and bids farewell to the place one last time.

REALLY REALLY LONG

Canon base: Fallout: New Vegas (Honest Hearts Add-On)

Powers/Abilities: Randall is an ordinary human, and an aged one at that. However, he's no feeble old man. Randall was an American soldier serving during the Annexation of Canada, receiving training that he's remembered to this day, and on top of this, oftentimes left into the wilderness for solitary hiking trips that lasted days at a time. Most impressive, however, is the fact that he's survived after the nuclear apocalypse for a whole 47 years, stalking the irradiated Zion Canyon and watching out for those passing though/camping out.

Randall's stealth skills and proficiency with firearms is second to none. When a group of 118 armed men and women (actually residents of Vault 22) killed and ate a small convoy of people he was protecting, Randall spent the next few weeks mercilessly hunting down and killing every member of the group he could. By the end, the remaining 34 retreated from the canyon, believing a vengeful spirit was attempting to destroy them. (When in actuality it was just a surprisingly badass middle-aged man.)

Strengths: Trained in hand-to-hand, melee, and firearm-related combat. Has been surviving in the wilderness for around three decades, and moves like a ghost when he doesn't wish to be seen.

Weaknesses: Randall is stricken with serious survivor's guilt. He constantly contemplates suicide, then mentally insults himself for being too weak to carry the deed out. Has something of a big heart when it comes to protecting others, which often ends up going poorly for him.

Personality: Randall has a very no-nonsense, utilitarian personality. He does what he has to, when he has to, to who he has to, if need be. He's strong willed, very stubborn, not one to let people push him or others around, and has no qualms about killing people who deserve it.

Family/Friends: Randall's first family was killed in the bombing of the U.S. His second wife, Sylvie, never woke up from the drugs Randall had to give her to ease child birth. The baby boy was later found to be dead as a result of breech birth.

Animal Spirit: Maybe a lone wolf???

Theme Song:
Found an alright theme song.

I would like to reserve a spot please. :0

Reactions: Raven

It is trust me. If you have heard of Twilight Princess then it will explain how animal spirit is later on.

It would be such a spoiler to say more now.

You can pick anything even something like a frog. Lizard if you end up needing any help I may be of some on the animal spirit but it is needed.

View attachment 80265
IC
Name: Taopaipai
Bio/History: Well, I used to be an assassin, a mercenairy of sorts, charging extrusions the amounts for my services. I am the greatest assassin known to man, or at least I was, until I took a grenade to the face. It took every cent I owned to repair my body, but now I am even more threatening than I have ever been. I am a cyborg. Twice as powerful as the average human (pretty weak by dbz standards). Soon my vengeance shall come upon that blasted monkey.
Canon base: Dragon. Ball
Powers/Abilities: Super/Dodon Ray (small energy beams), higher-than-average-speed and strength, partially metal body and concealed blade beneeth removable hand.
Strengths: Excellent hand to hand combat skill, skilled with never stirkes
Weaknesses: Outclassed almost by every off world threat, low power level (210-240 approx), "all-bark-and-no-bite"
Personality: Arrogant and vicious; an unyielding killer
Family/Friends: Master Shen (Brother), Tien Shinhan (former student), Chiaotzu(Former Student)
Animal Spirit: Snake
Theme Song:
Something I never expected I am okay with a Dragon Ball Z character LOL

Might should re-try that show. Might...

So, I'm kinda curious. How many characters can we have in total?

Limit is two... Though the eds I have kind of felt counted as one...

Which is why they are duos.

The three where there is a Zelda character is because that was one of my GMs. And they felt like making a CS for that character.

Limit is two... Though the eds I have kind of felt counted as one...

Which is why they are duos.

The three where there is a Zelda character is because that was one of my GMs. And they felt like making a CS for that character.
Alright then, I can see the Eds as one character since they all play on their strengths while not covering their weaknesses(most of the time). Though, I would have brought in Invader Zim if I was allowed to.

Well you um... could change...one...
*there went a future MG character may have to change the album*

Well you um... could change...one...
*there went a future MG character may have to change the album*
I haven't watched that series in a long time so I might not be able to Rp him properly. That's why we have wikis. I'm probably going Joker(since he's already been in a previous murder game) for a future one. Though, I'll give Zim to you if ya want.

Well I've re-watched the whole series this year and last and.. LOL Though perhaps planing a bit ahead wasn't wisest for two reasons. One never can tell what the future may hold and two those who may wish to as well....

Ah Zim isn't that hard.

*changes voice* Ah yes pathetic humans. Try and master Zim. For I will take over you all on this puny little planet called earth. Come Gir.

latest

GIR: Yes sir! TACOS!
LOL yep. Not sure if he would say taco's maybe squirrel at that moment XD May depend where they were though.

But that was my Zim impersonation... And I guess the random chat on that should end before we take up a whole page with random not exactly related to signups...chatter.

Reactions: Takumi and Archwar
Appearance:
necromancer_s_familiar_by_mag3llan-d6h0jh1.jpg

"I'm the human. I was trying to make my pet sit. Blasted thing decided the kid I had chained was tasty. I WAS GOING TO EAT THAT BOY!"

Name:
"My name? It is DR. ZANZIBAR!"

Bio/History:
"I used to be a well known and respected geneticist till a great boom killed everything. Before that, I was working on a super special project that would turn puppies and kitties into machines of death in a hidden facility. Said facility was underground and certain areas collapsed. I watched as everyone slowly starved to death! I survived for whatever damn reason and VERY slowly did I lose my sanity being cooped up in dark dungeon. Many, many years later did I get out thanks to a few survivors like me!

I also discovered I could give life! Free immortality for every gullible cutie! All they had to do was die!

I spent years in a Mountain studying things. During that time, mankind slowly licked its wounds, but now we had to play nice with mutants like dragons and griffins. I helped defeat the dragons with my undead kittens! The music they produced was so very heartwarming I was moved to tears.

I then helped out defeat underground elves when they tortured and killed some humans digging shinies up. Said elves were beaten. I helped out the humans, dragons, griffins, and underground elves to fight against ground elves and other mutants. Unfortunately, the war ended with neither side winning and peace ensued. Now I find myself with strangers. I wonder if they have popcorn?

I may or may not have used magic to cross into another Universe and slew a self-proclaimed god. Archy had to suppress my skillz after that."

Canon base:
OC

Powers/Abilities:
"Why my good pal, I am able rise the dead! Though I won't use it on sentient dead beings, sapient only which is why I have an army of undead kittens! I also used to be a genetic scientist before my world went to hip-hop death and delightful man eaters took over. I also have lots of skill in close combat because I love seeing the horror filled eyes of the people as I happily bash in their skulls! Also, Psionic/magic even though I focus mostly on necromancy. Also, can't die normally. I was a BBQ steak, took a few centuries for all my fleshy bits to come back. Fun times! Fourth Wall awareness as well, but don't expect me to bash it open."

Zanzibar has an army of undead kittens at his command and he's always looking for ways to improve them. One such type would be the Kamikaze Cat that flies a plane to crash into the enemy. Not much damage, but it is going to hurt like hell. They're mostly for comedic things, but they also use their purpose. After slaying the 'god', Zanzibar managed to obtain a rather useless skill known as Confetti, though it could distract enemies.

Strengths:
"I'm smart and I have an army of undead kittens. I also have skills in close combat as mentioned before. Lots and lots of stamina and extreme willpower! I also like using cunning and I can use many types of ranged weapons thanks to my years of undead living."

Weaknesses:
"I'm more likely to stab you in the rear and happily sing of your demise than be friends with you. I also don't give a heart about why I'm here. I still need to eat, sleep, and drink even though I can live without it. However, if I do not get those things, my magic is poopy and my kittens go crazy. Also, if I use my magic/Psionic too much then bad things happen to my old body."

In other words the Doc loses control of his cats. If he uses his magic too much, he can suffer debuffs such as a headache that will grow worse. Though, he will have to use his magic a lot. Zanzibar also won't fight unless it involves him directly or threatens his personal goals so don't expect him to come running to your rescue. He also acts alone and only team up if it furthers his own agenda. Zanzibar also suffers from a dozen mental conditions developed over the course of his Immortality.

Personality:
"I like to be funny as your corpse dangles from a tree and I throw darts into it!"

Erratic, somewhat insane, has a dark sense of humor, and is more likely to kill you than make friends.

Family/Friends:
"All my family are good, pristine bones! The few friends I have are Hamzah, Jason, Solomon, and good old Archy!"

Animal Spirit:
"Do kitty cats count?"

Theme Song:
Nyan Cat

Extra Info: A little bit more on the type of Magic/Psionic abilities that Zanzibar can use. Magic has all the basic stuff. Healing, thunder, fireballs, etc., but there's also advnaced things like teleportation which sucks a lot of energy for Zanzibar. Another is Foresight in which he can tell when his foe is going to strike, but for 'Funz' Zanzibar rarely uses this.

As mentioned before, Zanzibar can cross into another Universe, but for the shake of the Rp and fairness, he's not going to use it. He may use it to get out once all of this is done though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance:
latest

Name:
"I AM ZIM!"

I say somewhere around 20 to 30s. At least 10 however.

Bio/History:
When Zim was, but a Smeet, his only parent was a cold, unfeeling robotic arm that he hugged. Somewhere along his life, Zim developed such a loyalty to the Irken Empire that people began to make fun of him and yet his blind loyalty prevented him from seeing his own faults. Unfortunately, this would cause the 'Might Irken Warrior' to hinder his own people during Operation: Impending Doom I via giant mech that may or may not have killed the other participants. As a result Zim was exiled, but quit being banished when Operation: Impending Doom II arrived.

Given a new planet to invade and a new, semi functioning companion, Zim would come to a version of Earth where most people were dumb. Zim and GIR would go on many comedic, and failed, adventures to take over earth. Either thwarted by earth's self-proclaimed protector 'Dib' or his own sheer incompetence. Or GIR.

Now Zim finds himself in a world of apes and other beings and some idiots need their help to resolve their problems.

Canon base: Invader ZIM

Powers/Abilities:
Zim has proven to be a capable pilot under pressure, but more or less just crashes half the time. Able to manipulate tools to a great extent and because of Cartoon logic, he could be considered to have superhuman endurance and strength. Zim is also intelligent enough to come up with plans that nearly conquer earth... nearly.

Zim also has GIR, a semi functional robot that is really just a hindrance to Zim.

Strengths:
Zim has proven to be high intelligent, way above that of those he intends to conquer. Zim also has acesses to a variety of gadets via PAK. Zim also has a will so even if his latest schemes fail, he'll just return.

Weaknesses:
Zim is far too arrogant and incompetent to see his own faults. He also has spent way too much time with Invader Zim's humans so it is likely that he'll mistake any human for being dumb.

Gir

Personality(Copy and pasted from Wiki):
While most Irkens are expected to be ruthlessly loyal to the Empire, Zim is considered overzealous even by their standards: Brash, arrogant and overconfident, Zim's tendency to cause wanton destruction makes him a danger to himself and his own people, yet he still considers himself a mighty Irken warrior. In addition, he is acutely narcissistic and megalomaniacal, congratulating himself on even the smallest of successes; these, however, are rare:

Zim putting in his best effort to learn more about human behavior, in this case the emotion of love
Despite his self-proclaimed greatness, Zim rarely succeeds in his attempts, and is held up as a complete laughingstock by his own people - a fact that he is either oblivious to or simply chooses not to notice. Zim is cluelessly loyal and obedient to the Tallest, the Irken Empire, his planet and his people, and is willing to go to ridiculous lengths to please his leaders. However, his self-absorbed nature prevents him from acknowledging any of his failures, and he chooses only to speak about the better things that came from each incident.

Zim testing in his lab
Despite his frequent displays of stupidity, it is clear that Zim is highly intelligent in some respects - being a keen manipulator of tools and devices - but has absolutely no apparent interest in thinking things through, and wastes much of his time fretting about or dealing with unimportant "threats." Moreover, it is evident that he is more than capable of conquering the Earth, yet he hardly ever uses this capability properly, and has often been very close to taking over the planet, only to be thwarted by his own negligence.
One of Zim's abilities is his somewhat inconsistent skills at piloting; while in a tense situation he flies masterfully, but seems to crash on most other occasions, and his skills pale in comparison to opponents adept at hand-eye coordination or overall agility (such as Gaz). Zim also has admirable engineering ability; in Walk of Doom, he singlehandedly improved the SIR unit guidance system chip, and in Walk for Your Lives, he hand-built a variable time stasis field capable of altering individual time-fields. He is immensely proud of anything he creates, yet is often frustrated when his devices fail to live up to his grandiose expectations.
Even though Zim often affirms that he wishes to enslave Earth, it has been hinted that he would not actually want to rule it. In Attack of the Saucer Morons, Zim gained a group of human worshippers who would be willing to do his bidding, yet his only thought was escaping them. In the non-canon Nickelodeon Magazine Special, in which Zim finally took over the world, he did not stay to rule for very long, instead leaving Earth forever to ride flying alien rabbits and drink soda.

Baby Zim hugging the "cold, unfeeling robot arm"
Zim usually shows little to no affection, often claiming to "need no one", but he occasionally lets a softer side of him slip by accident. In Parent Teacher Night, when Zim thought back to when he was born, he remembered the first thing he ever said was that he loved the "cold, unfeeling robot arm" that "hatched" him from his incubation capsule and activated his PAK.

Zim and Dib fighting
Strangely, it would seem that Zim also relies on the presence of his mortal enemy, Dib, for motivation. He said in A Room with a Moose that his mission might not be as "exciting" without Dib around to "annoy him", but also seems to dwell on the big-headed human quite a bit, sometimes more so than his actual mission. This importance was particularly highlighted in Mopiness of Doom: When Dib briefly decided to give up his pursuit of Zim, the Irken lost all motivation to take over Earth, or do anything in general.

Family/Friends:
GIR and PAK, even though the two are technically henchmen.

Animal Spirit:
I wanna be a mongoose.

Theme Song:

So then are you changing a character? If so Joker or OC?

Ah alright. I'll look over it really well tomorrow. I'm kind of tired tonight. Like the theme though LOL

Appearance:
WantedMonkeyDLuffy.jpg monkey_d__luffy___one_piece_render_by_obedragon-d5dxq4w.png

Name: Monkey D. Luffy (Aka: Straw Hat, Straw Hat Luffy, Luffy)

Bio/History: Monkey D. Luffy, son of the legendary Revolutionary, Monkey D. Dragon, is a young man with a dream. A dream to be King of the Pirates! When he was a child, and he set his mind to the dream, he was a normal boy (Well.... as normal as he could be) that admired the legendary and common pirates of his day. His favorite was his friend, Red Hair Shanks. Shanks and his crew were one of the toughest pirate crews in the Great Pirate Era, and Luffy aspired to be like him, if not greater. Luffy was sure he would accomplish that goal, especially being as he was one of the best swimmers in his village. Well that all changed one day, when he ate the Devil Fruit Shanks had with him. It was the Gomu Gomu no Mi fruit, and it turned him into a rubber man, but took away his ability to swim!

Now, After assembling a fine crew, Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates sail the vast seas, in hopes to finding the treasure One Piece, and hoping to become King of the Pirates towards the end!

Canon base: I'm gonna be King of the Pirates!!!

Powers/Abilities: Gomu Gomu no Mi, physical strength, 2nd/3rd Gear, great sense of friendship

Strengths: Immune to blunt, physical attacks, immune to bullets, great speed, especially in 2nd Gear, great strength, especially in 3rd Gear, doesn't know when to quit.

Weaknesses: Piercing weapons (i.e. swords, daggers, knives), lack of focus/inability to be serious until the time comes, great fear of losing his friends (Especially after his encounter with Bartholomew Kuma), doesn't know when to give in.

Personality: Luffy is an outgoing, carefree man, who is more like a child than anything. His friendly smile and nature makes even his enemies become his allies as he sails through the seas, battling foe after foe, helping others no matter the cost. He isn't the brightest person you'll meet, but this man doesn't know the meaning of the word fear!

Family/Friends: Strawhat Pirate Crew: Nami, Franky, Zoro, Sanji, Brook, Chopper, Usopp, Nico Robin, and their ship, Thousand Sunny!!!

Animal Spirit: Monkey (Go figure...)

Theme Song:
(Fight Song)
(Luffy Comes or does save the day)

(Hopefully I'm not too late for signups... If I am, here is a awesome clip from a crossover video I watched before they Funamation got it banned from Youtube... :D)

EDIT: @Raven Not sure if you saw my CS, but... Better safe than sorry! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.