1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
So.. I wanna RP Korra. Of the Avatar (Last Airbender) universe.

But ideally.. not exactly IN that universe. See, I love crossover RP. Like genres mixing. And I would love to play Korra in such an RP. But I'm not confident enough in my own abilities and imagination to make up one. So perhaps we can build one?

Once again, ideally.. a group of 5 or 6? Good writing, at least a paragraph or two per post. At least.. twice (?) a week. As for the world this RP would inhabit... well let's discuss that. 18+ would be favorable, I don't think we should be afraid to be able to do whatever we wanted with these characters (within certain reason of course). Sadly.. every single RP I've been involved with thus far (save for my current one of course!) has died after perhaps 2 rounds of posts. If it even got that far. So I'm looking for a more.. longish term RP with you guys. Character development.. action.. adventuring.. hero-stuff.. romance!
And when I say crossover RP.. I mean all genres. Like Sailor Moon fighting besides Mega Man kind of crossover. The stakes could be.. let's talk about that too. In one RP I was in, a world was in danger and the heroes (and villains) were 'summoned' to help out. This is kind of a common idea amongst these kinds of stories. Do we want to go with that, or can we come up with something better? Any setting would work for me. Fantasy like.. historical.. alien like.. anything!

So what do you think?

Crossover roleplays are fun! They happen to be my favorite type to operate within. Sadly, I wouldn't be able to partake in a strictly 18+ world, but I'd be interested to see this take off the ground. :heart:

See strictly 18+ isn't concrete for me. Yes, I want a more mature story. But that doesn't mean orgies every other post. If there was like... relationship... stuff it wouldn't be done on the IC thread. That's for like private messages and such. If all that makes sense.
I'm just a big fan of romance in RP's, and maybe one for Korra eventually.

Reactions: Sumirenko
I'm absolutely on board! I love the idea of a smaller-scaled multiverse roleplay. Maybe it could be in a generic fantasy setting, so we could have a more diverse cast that'll fit in?

I think a fantasy setting could be fun. Do you mean like high fantasy, like LOTR? Or like Skyrim or something?

So here's a proposal.
Our characters are transported to a world with no tech, still using horse and carriages. Magic is present in the world, but not prevalent. Do we wanna go with our heroes (and villains) being brought there because the world is facing a peril they can't handle.

I think our heroes should be transported with their basic weaponry, but nothing too fancy. I'd rather magic be pretty common in the world, too. (Because I love magic, but it's your choice).

And I think our heroes being brought in to save the world is fitting.

When I get home tonight I'll make up a little summary of the plan. Like the makeup of the world and alll. And we'll see what we need to change and improve on. And hopefully we can get more players!

Oh, I've been sort of watching Avatar recently so it's interesting such a thread would sprout up! I would be very much interested in joining this if you'll have me. :)

This sound good, do you have a list of characters/shows that you maybe would cross over with? The Skyrim people summoning heros sounds like an easy way to set up the cross over.
If there is too many heroes i could play a citizen of Skyrim.

Reactions: Larry
the list of wanted characters..well that could be whoever you wanted. From books, movies, TV, games, comics. Submit a character and we'll make a decision together. Just not God like or OP chars please. That won't fly.

As for the world... i dont think I want it to BE skyrim, but similar. Being skyrim might get to complicated I think. Does that sound okay to you guys? Or do you want skyrim?

I always thought that the Equalist arc of the Legend of Korra had so potential, but that potential show in the finished project. If you've ever seen a guy called E;R on Youtube, he's look at it from the same perspective. I feel Amon could have been a much better character than the one they eventually portrayed him to be.

Im fine with a world similar to Skyrim but if a Skyrim world is wanted then i have no objections to the motion

So here's what I have for basic setup so far. Nothing fancy, and I'm going to work on more detailed things, too. Please please give me opinions, good or bad.

Any genre can be used. No God like characters. No OP characters. GM has final say on characters. The GM will be fair about this, and work with you however they can to make sure all have fun in the story.

2 characters per player is allowed. However, you can only play 1 from each ‘side’ of the conflict. You can play a ‘hero’ and a ‘villain’, but not 2 ‘heroes’. This may change as the story develops.

All standard rules of Iwaku apply. Be respectful of one another. OOC ‘drama’ will not be tolerated. If there are issues, go to the GM about them. IC conflicts and drama are welcome, but keep them IC!
Your character will arrive in this new world wearing what they were wearing on their world at the time of the ‘transportation’, and have limited gear/weapons transported with them (if they use gear). Again, this will depend on your character and situation. This can be discussed, of course. I mean it’s magic, we can make whatever happen whenever.

If you have suggestions or criticisms, please do not hesitate to address them to the GM. This is not a single person’s story, this is a project of many. This is meant to be an epic story, being told by dedicated players. We all have say in it, but the GM will have the final decision on most things.

While this is meant to be a more mature story, keep anything particularly explicit off of the main IC thread(s). Take it to private messaging or instant messaging or wherever you like. Again, be respectful of those who might be reading our story.

The World: Pram
A ‘primitive’ world, still employing horses and carriages. There is no ‘modern’ technology native to the world, it could be classed as a late middle ages time period. Magic is used quite often by various beings. But extraordinarily powerful magic is reserved for a handful of beings on the world.
There will be 7 islands initially, leaving it open to ‘discover’ more as time passes. Each island has its own unique environment, climate and native peoples.

sounds good so far but a quick question, if some one were to play comic character or have natural abilities. Would that be an OP character?
Also if some one were to play a person of Pram would they have to speak with the GM to get bits of lore for their area/island?

if some one were to play comic character or have natural abilities. Would that be an OP character?
I see OP as an overpowered character. Like a character of immense might/power with few weaknesses. Goku would be an OP character to me. Wolverine.. not so much. Characters with weaknesses are the best for stories.

if some one were to play a person of Pram would they have to speak with the GM to get bits of lore for their area/island?
As soon as I actually have the ideas on paper (so to speak) i'll of course share them. It's going to take a little time, though. I want each to be unique to the others. If anyone would like to offer suggestions, I'd be more than willing to listen. There won't be just humans, though. Humanoids, beastmen, all of that.

Reactions: Thatguynameded
Oh okay the multi race sounds good, we will just have to wait for the others and see what they say.

So here's an initial idea a good friend of mine came up with. He put down the base of it, and I kind of helped expand on it. Honest opinions are welcome, please.
Edit: Over the next few days I'll work on expanding this, as well as putting together a list of enemies native to the world. And a basic writeup of the geography and peoples. Please if you want to add anything, let me know. Please be patient! I want this to be an RP we do for the long run, not just jump into. I need dedicated players for our story!

150 years ago, a grand tower appeared upon the land. It was not there at twilight, but was seen suddenly with the dawn. It’s sudden appearance and immensity frightened the peoples of the world. It almost seemed to have no end to it, as if you could touch the stars themselves from its apex. Many immediately tried to gain access to the tower, but there were no doors to be seen. No windows or portals of any sort. It was simply a stark white tower. It came to be known as ‘The Spire’. Almost 120 years had passed without incident. The Spire became something of a tourist attraction, standing in utter silence upon it’s island. The flora all along the Spire’s base began to crawl up its walls, as if it were simply another thing of nature.
And then on a particular night..
A great darkness crept from the Spire. Creatures of all facets escaped the confines of the Spire and began to wreak havoc upon the whole of the world. Corruption and darkness seeped from the tower, infesting any in its path, both creature and lands. The people were caught unaware of this sudden invasion. There was no other word for it. But they were not without heroes.
14 of the world’s greatest defenders stepped up to fight this darkness. They were knights, sworn to defend their lands with their lives. They were the most formidable force Pram could muster, and they drove back the darkness to the Spire itself. It’s then that the knights entered the tower.. and never were heard from again. The darkness and corruption began its journey anew, without any to stand in its way. The lands of Pram fell into disarray… the people unable to fight back. The forces originating from the Spire started colonies in all of the lands, exerting their unbreakable control over all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thatguynameded
So here's what I decided to do. And bear with me on this.
Im gonna pause this interest thread to work on making a good world. I think I jumped the gun with the thread, without really giving thought to things. So.. I've come up with a few things, let me get it all together and i'll redo the interest thread. I'll tag all of you that expressed interest in this. And if you're still in.. well you're still in.
~Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.