The Legend of the Grimiores

Character Name: Helmer Kalmin
Species/Race: Human
Distinguishing Marks: Has a scar going across his chest.
General Appearance: Is a big human standing almost 6'2 and is well built. He has large arms and legs from hard labor when he was younger.
Strengths: He is good with a sword and his hands. He has allot of resistance to the weather and pain.
Weaknesses: He is not good with working as a team. He likes to take on overwhelming odds even if he knows theirs no chance of him winning alone.
Hobbies: He is always sharpening his sword.
Likes: He likes to listen to conversations and kill anyone who is considered an enemy.
Dislikes: He hates people who get in his way or try to tell him to do something unless they can manage to earn his respect or its for a paycheck.
Fears: He hates the thought of one of his close friends killing him. He doesn't fear getting killed, only if certain people are the ones to kill him.
Personality: He is a bit reckless and quite unless you tick him off. Most of the time he sits further away from the group of people he may be with and listens.
Secret: His only control over his power so far is he can freeze his sword without it looking frozen and when he hits anywhere in someones chest it shocks the heart causing it to stop working.
Weapons: He has two swords. One is long an skinny that he can hold with one hand. The other is a two handed long sword. Both of them have frost like engravings on them
Grimiore Element: Ice

Distortion involves spatial powers such as teleportation and moving things with your brain.

Character Name: Adaire Epitaph
Alias: Prefers to go by Epitaph
Species/Race: Elf
Family: When Adaire was still very young her older brother cast a killing spell. He was chronically depressed and the spell killed not only him, but took the lives of everyone in a three mile radius. The loss of her family severely affected Adaire and caused some health issues; both physical and mental.
Distinguishing Marks: Adaire has a scar running from her temple into her hairline on the left side and a tribal tattoo coming off of the corner of her right eye.
General Appearance: Adaire is short for an elf, standing at only 5'9". She wears a short white tunic covered in black elvish writing paired with a pair of black leggings. Over the top she wears a black cloak with a blood red fur lining. She is well built and paler than most elves. Her eyes are a bright blue and sharply contrast with her raven black hair. All of her facial features are sharp and angular, but not unattractively so.
Strengths: Adaire is at home in the forest and can survive well and provide for herself. She is an adept fighter with her long sword and bow.
Weaknesses: She cannot fight well with other weapons and she does not function very well around other people as they seem to be frightened of her looks or her somewhat dark nature.
Hobbies: Shooting her bow and exercising.
Likes: Likes sweet foods and sweet people who don't judge her for her love of the shadows.
Dislikes: Adaire highly dislikes anyone cruel to animals
Fears: Adaire fears that one day the darkness will overtake her mind and she will go insane like her brother did. She fears that she will kill anyone who gets close to her. mi
Personality: Although Adaire is a very sweet girl, she is also very quiet. She loves the darkness and will take any advantage time to just sit in dark rooms. She doesn't speak much and tends to push other people away.
Secret: Secretly Adaire wishes that her brothers spell would have killed her too.
Weapons: She uses a long sword with the elvish words meaning "Soul Cleaver". It is made of black metal and has a stone of onyx on the pommel. Occasionally she uses her bow as well.
Grimiore Element: Dream
Pet: Adaire has a pet panther. He is much larger than the every day panther however and much more intelligent. When Adaire was young she bonded with this panther. His name is Slade.

Hehe... I think you'll go well with this rp... Mwahahaha! hehe lol

Character Name: Samesh

Species/Race:"Enlightened" Human

Distinguishing Marks:two branded dots, horizontally placed across his forehead, and branded "tattoos" swirling around his wrist and to his palm - where a line is made through the half way mark of the palm. There is also a circle branded around his left pectoral, also with a line through it.

General Appearance: Samesh is a monk of sorts, he wears homely clothing consisting of a dirtied white cloth robe (or perhaps a toga with less length). One shoulder is covered by a sleeve while the other sleeve is used as a pouch on the side to carry food or whatever else. He also wears a pair of what looks like burlap pants, which are cut just shy of covering his shins. He wears no foot-wear.

His skin is olive, and he has dark black hair which is tied up into 3 "pony tails", and his facial hair exists only as a goatee and plenty of scruff.

Strengths: Samesh is very calm and collected most of the time, and has a generally high temperament. He is skilled in martial arts involving leg strength.

Weaknesses: May sometimes under-react to a drastic situation, or otherwise under perform. He is also weak with his arms (forearm down) because of the branding placed their.

Hobbies: Samesh enjoys harmonizing with the world around him, listening and interacting with his environment on a spiritual level. This does not necessarily mean meditating though, but usually a trance like state all the same (day dreaming if you wish).

Dislikes: recklessness, lazy people, unnecessary harm

Fears: disruption of natural processes (interfering with something that is dying, or reviving the dead type of thing)

Personality: Friendly, but serious. He presents himself through words on a minimal level, but lets his kindness be shown through the actions he takes. He is considered enlightened as a holy man and as such he will often act as a father figure to some.

Secret:Was actually exiled from his original home because his family came to be known as murderers. His parents (the criminals) were killed, while the children were left on their own after being painfully branded on their arms to show their status, and to render their hands useless from spilling blood like their parents. Samesh Had a little brother and a little sister, both of which passed away while trying to find a way to survive. As a punishment for not being able to take care of his siblings, Samesh branded himself as yet another punishment, blaming himself for not being able to help his siblings. The brand was a mark on his chest, over his heart, and two dots on his forehead, each representing one of his siblings.

Weapons: N/A - though is handy with most short blades.

Grimiore Element: Gravity

btw, what is the difference between force and gravity?

Epitaph, Darkness is already taken. You need to change your element and edit your post to match.

Kyy, Why am I the one who had to tell her that darkness is taken?

Oh, oops. When you said someone changed to distortion I thought you said it was you so I thought darkness was open again. My bad, I'll fix it.

Gravity is gravity based where as Force is non-elemental. It is the physical element.

well... that's where the confusion is. what does your idea of "gravity based" include? are we talking like kingdom hearts style where it only includes a pulling force on an area, or are we talking more general where gravity could pretty much accomplish the same thing as (my idea of) force, which is to create a force field by making gravity push outward from an area as well.

the latter of the two. Force is more like gaining physical strength. I gunna change force though. It's gunna be Dream instead.

Kaine you could have been a bit nicer in voicing what had happened, it was no ones fault here and everyone will adjust accordingly. As for my post, it can remain almost the exact same way as I will now claim the element Dream.

Okay. Btw Thank you Epitaph.

And, Kaine, once again, I apolagize for the confusion.

Do forgive me, I tend to be a tad blunt. It was not my intent to be rude.

And I understand there was mix up over darkness and distortion. So long as everyone is clear now, I'm just fine.

Ahh, ok I gotcha now. So if i'm understanding correctly on these Grimiores correctly, they're books? from the posts that I think i've seen relating to the abilities it has been a book. Is this what we're going for or is that a coincidence?

Could I claim fire if it has not already been taken? It's 4am and I'm too tired to make a CS right now.

Oblivion: Ya sure.

Kaine: Np yo. I figured you werent tryin to be.

Relic: Ya, they're books. Some charas already start with them and others obtain theirs in the beggining.

sounds interesting. I like the idea :D

I'll post when I see a decent opening in the story

Name:
Faroh Eache

Species:
Elf

Distinguishing Marks:
Dark, flowing black hair
General Appearance:
male_elf_swords_man_by_enaxor-d31smay.jpg
Strengths:
Excellent Archer/Hunter, proficient with a sword, agile.

Weaknesses:
Slim build, cold, untrustworthy.

Hobbies:
Hunting, watching.

Sparring, eating good food, reading, practising archery.

Dislikes/
Fears:
Growing up very much secluded from anything, Faroh does not good at socializing with people. Especially humans. He will often be snappy and prefers the company of the wilderness to anything else.

Secret:
He hasn't seen his parent's since their forest home was attacked by bandits, and does not know whether they are alive or not.

Weapons:
A fine, wooden bow, carved by his father. And a light, steel longsword

Grimiore Element:
Fire

How's this?