The Legend of the Grimiores

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by TereziPyrope, Oct 28, 2012.

1. The year is 538 Derim. The world known as Aldinia is a peaceful land with all kinds of races living together in harmony. But a dark evil known only as The Shadow is about to change that. With the power of the Elemental Grimiores (Fire (Taken), Water (Taken), Earth (Taken), Wind (Taken), Ice (Taken), Lightning (Taken), Light (Taken), Dark (Taken), Gravity (Taken), Dream (Taken), Chrono (Taken), Distortion (Taken), and Mana(Taken)), powerful artifacts from the Old World, 13 strangers are about to be awakened to their true potential. Will you fight for the survival of Aldinia? Or run and hide to save yourself?

Nobody has complete control of their Grimiore when they first obtain it. You can have any power corresponding to your element, but the power has to grow. Dont start off flying because you're wind, maybe start off being naturally faster than most and as the rp goes you gain more abilities. Be creative with them though!

Most characters won't start with their Grimiore. They find it in the beggining though. How you obtain it is up to you. Also, Mana is the strongest element. But it comes at a cost. Everytime the Mana Grimiore is used, it drains the user. Mana is the life energy of all things in Aldinia.

Character Name:
    Species/Race:No demons or whatnot please. Dwarves, elves, half animals and such are fine though. (basically anything that could be considered peaceful. Demons arent lol)
    Distinguishing Marks:Optional
    General Appearance:
    Secret:Please try this one but if you cant think of one thats fine.
    Grimiore Element:No two people can have the same one so please check that an element isnt already taken.

My Character

Character Name: Kyysucara Namosaka
    Alias: Kyy
    Species/Race: Half wolf
    Family: His grandfather died 2 years ago and he never knew his parents
    Distinguishing Marks: A scar over his left eye
    General Appearance: [​IMG]
    Strengths: A very tactical fighter
    Weaknesses: Women and booze
    Hobbies: Any games that require wits, drinking, and looking at women
    Dislikes: Anyone who would harm a women
    Fears: Rejection
    Personality: Laid back, level headed, a major flirt (But he won't ever touch when its not wanted)
    Secret: He can change into a wolf form. [​IMG]
    Weapons: Anything polearm or hand related (Claws, gauntlets, etc.)
    Grimiore Element: Wind
    Pet: A tiger cub who's mom had died in front of him. Her name is Nala. (Yes, Nala from Lion King)

2. Character Name: Akihiko Lan.
    Alias: Aki, blood prince.
    Species/Race: Half elf, half human.
    Family: Kaida Lan- Mother, Ookami Lan- father, Ningyo Lan- little sister.
    Distinguishing Marks: Pointy ears.
    General Appearance:
    View attachment 16610 [​IMG] half_prince_c35p3.jpg
    Strengths: High endurance, very strong, good leader, clever, charismatic.
    Weaknesses: Low agility, slow runner, absent minded, ruthless, inpatient.
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Hobbies: Sword fighting, playing MMORPGs, growing roses.[/B][/COLOR][B][B]
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Likes: Blood, gaming, cool swords.[/B][/COLOR][B][B]
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Dislikes: Manners, gifts/help, his parents. [/B][/COLOR][B][B]
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Fears: Being called ugly, losing a fight, stalkers.[/B][/COLOR][B][B]
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Personality: Most girls think Akihiko is like prince charming, but his friends know he can be rather geeky and rebellious. He can be vulgar, ruthless, and cruel to his enemies, but he is charming and sweet to his friends. While he s book smart, he can be oblivious to obvious things. He's very brave when his friends are in danger, but what he says can be a bit bold.[/B][/COLOR][B][B]
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Secret: He's actually a girl.[/B][/COLOR][B][B]
    [COLOR=#00FF00][B]Weapons: A simple knife, a black saber.
    Grimiore Element: Earth
    [B]Pet: A meat bun, and a red eagle.[/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B]

Kudos to anybody who gets the reference(s).[/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
  3. Nice. Couldn't decide on an element?
  4. No, not yet. Want to pick one for me, as i'm majorly indecisive?

5. Hmmm... What element do you think would fit his personality most?
  6. I have no clue which is the problem.
  7. lol hmm... Earth?
  8. And as for the 'Pet reference'... YAY MOKONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  9. Okay, done!
  10. yay! still need more peeps lol
  11. Character Name: Kaldai “The Lion-Hearted”

Alias: Kal

Species/Race: Human Beastman/ Lunar

Family: Orphaned

Distinguishing Marks: Has a tell of a slight Lion’s Mane and slightly oversized incisors.

General Appearance: [​IMG]6’ 2” In human form tan like a Native American. With a scar over his left eye to cheek. Spiral

Light blue tribal tattoos in the shape of a lion's mane with claws of the lion going down my arms. Black leather duster with a shirt
    and Flared black leather pants.

Hybrid Appearance: [​IMG]9' 2" Humanoid Lion Beastman with brown and golden mane. Golden brown fur covering entire body. Yellow eyes with black cat-like slits with light blue flakes surrounding it. White claws and teeth with black tips.

Strengths: Formidable combatant, head strong and wise hunter

Weaknesses: Arrogant, Lustful, Stands in one’s own way.

Hobbies: Glassblowing

Likes: The Moon in its fullest, fresh meat and the sound of a flowing river.

Dislikes: An enemy left alive.

Fears: Dying without honor.

Personality: Brash and commanding.

Secret: He was tricked into killing his family and he has nightmares because of it. That is the reason he left his home and has been helping out the downtrodden to try and make amends for his sin.

Weapons: Two Moon Silver and Jade short Diclaves: These Diclaves become connected to the Moon Silver Bracers I wear by a chain made up of Moon Silver. The chain appears magically when activated.

Grimiore Element: Distortion

Pet: My wolf Gypsy

More: Is a human who was blessed by the element of moon silver which was given to him by the Goddess Luna. I am now able to teeter between human and my lion beastman form. I also have the ability to change into three other animals; a boa constrictor, a lion, and a field mouse.

Boa Lion Mouse.jpg
  12. Everything is great except the element. There's a list of elements to choose from in the first post. as long as the element isn't taken then its all yours though :)
  13. Oh okay I thought you wanted another element my bad. So what element do you think fits this character.
  14. Sounds like fun, I'll join in!

Character Name:
    Jusqua Valentine

Alias: Jusqua

Species/Race: Human

Family: Father - Darius Valentine, deceased; Mother - Skylar Valentine, deceased; Sister - Guinevere Valentine, deceased; Grandfather - Sacheverell Valentine, deceased.

Distinguishing Marks: None.

General Appearance:[B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana] Average height, slim build, not much muscle, fair-skinned. Has straight, shoulder-length black hair and dark green eyes. Commonly wears high-quality, Victorian-style clothing including a top hat and monocle.
    [B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Strengths:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] Clever, fast-learner, well-versed in a variety of magics.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana]Weaknesses:[/FONT][/B][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana] Quick to tire, physically weak, has a hard time relating to others.
    [/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Hobbies:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] Reading, learning about new things, alchemical experiments.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Likes:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] Nighttime, libraries, forbidden knowledge.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Dislikes:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] Ignorance, overly-cheerful people, bright lights and colors.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Fears:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] Large crowds of people.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana]Personality:[/FONT][/B][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana] Analytical, apathetic to others, scholarly, polite.
    [/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana]Secret:[/FONT][/B][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana] His deceased family are all undead 'living' with his grandfather, a powerful lich. He maintains contact with them and will sometimes gather things for them, such as books, alchemy ingredients, etc. In addition, his arcane knowledge includes necromancy and various other forbidden magics.
    [/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Weapons:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] A carved ebony mage's staff and his magic.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B]Grimiore Element:[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B] Darkness.

[/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B][B]Pet:[/B][/B][/FONT][/B][COLOR=#9900ff][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=verdana][B][B] His familiar, a raven named Bertram.[/B][/B][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
  15. I think fire suits Kadai
  16. I'm interested, I'll just whip up a nice character.

Oh and I'd like to use the element water:)
  17. Its really up to you. lol you caught it as i changed it probably. I had only just remembered the other two I had forgotten. It doent have to make sense as to why you're the element.
  18. Character Name: Saga Vaelen
    Alias: N/A
    Species/Race: Halfhuman/half kelpie
    Family: Her parents Teng and Lana. As well as a bunch of kelpie and humanrelatives.
    Distinguishing Marks: A large birthmark just beneath her jawline and freckles.
    General Appearance: Shoulder length red hair and blue greyeyes and her skin is naturally light, but she is often tanned by being outdoors a lot, with freckles across her nose and cheeks. Mostly she wears a long dark blue shirt tied at her waist with awoven leather belt, dark tights and soft leather boots, hanging from her belt is her dagger and a few leather pouches. She is quite short, only reaching around 5'5” (1.65cm) and as a horse she is around 15hh (152cm).
    Redhead_by_alicexz.jpg Perlino.jpg
    Strengths: Agile, excellent swimmer, good aim.
    Weaknesses: Has a lowtolerance for pain, is not physically strong
    Hobbies: Play on small handmade flutes, running, swimming.
    Likes: Nature, singing (although she is terrible at it), water, the moon.
    Dislikes: Pain, violence, crying, alcohol.
    Fears: Snakes, loosing loved ones, the dark.
    Personality: For a kelpie she is quite peaceful, her human side shining through, many kelpie like to lure humans to their watery death however not all kelpie are like that, after all her own mother had married a human and Saga knows many peaceful kelpie herself. She is not fond of fighting nor the pain that often comes with it but she will fight to protect herself and others close to her, probably. Though generally calm and composed Saga has a temper and will lash out if provoked but she can't stay angry for very long. Mistrusting of strangers and careful by nature since her sister's death Saga will still act kind and relatively open to others until getting to know them better. Laid back, slightly negative and loyal when it counts, although she isn'tmuch of a people person she enjoys others company but isn't very good at conversation.
    Secret: She blames herself for her sister's death, in her eyes she wouldn't havedied if not for her ignorance.
    Weapons: Bow andarrows and a long dagger for close range fighting.
    GrimioreElement: Water
    Pet: A Magpie named Pica,around 5 five years old, his right legged is a little crooked after a break that healed bad.
    More: As she is half kelpie she can turn into a horse but she isn't very skilled at it and it takes a lot of energy for her to change form.

Attached Files: