The Legend of the Grimiores RP

"Nareil." She extended her left hand and used his hand to get up, firmly planting the pole of her scythe on the ground and giving a worried look at the shadows on the ground. "They just suddenly stopped moving. " A soft shake of her head and she looked around, finding a small group standing around a girl. She nodded towards them and walked in their direction at a quick pace. Curious yet a bit scared for what might have happened.

Slowly, Elilidh stood. In a daze, she made her way back towards the village, not really aware of where she was headed. The sight before her brought her crashing to reality. Husks of buildings smoldered and bodies lay strewn about like so many discarded dolls. Smoke choked her lungs and stung her eyes as she darted from corpse to corpse, searching desperately for a sign of life. No one stirred. The shadow beings were gone, leaving not even a footprint behind to say what they had been. All Elilidh knew was that they wrought destruction.

Aki followed after Nariel, commenting, "Well Nariel, i'm Aki. You still look a bit worn, so I'll protect you while you recover for a minute if any more shadow attack." As usual Aki was trying to show off a little while helping.

Epitaph lifted Shion without waiting for an answer and carried her to a safe corner. "I hope this is ok?" She asked carefully.

Samesh approached the group cautiously, they had been taking out shadows all there own, but that also meant they were quite dangerous. "hello?" he said simply and humble, holding onto the book tightly.

"Thank you. " Nariel mumbled, after a few more yards she stopped running, panting just slightly and giving a somewhat worried look at the others that had gathered. "Is everyone of you ok? Oh, and did something strange happen with you guys as well just now? I mean, the things attacking me seemed to stop moving all of a sudden, like they were frozen. Though if Aki didn't help me I probably would still be stuck." She added quickly and a smile appeared on her lips for a moment, her grip on her scythe ever so tight. Making her knuckles appear to be white. She wanted to ask how in the world the boy had been able to use powers like that,for as far as she knew all the stories she had heard about ti were simply myths, told to children to fill their imagination.

Having been either ignored or unnoticed, he was quite accustomed to both, Jusqua turned his attention to a man who seemed to be in every way of appearance his opposite. He did not seem injured, which, in the current environment, implied him to be able to either combat or evade the shadow creatures with relative ease. "Greetings. You seem to be rather well, all things considered." Who was this man? For the moment he was but another of many accumulating questions Jusqua would seek to answer. He doubted he would find any answers before this strange situation was finished.

Aki wasn't totally sure of what was going on. He only knew he had powers he could use against the Shadow beings, and other people seemingly did too. "I'm not sure anybody is okay in the conventional sense of the word, Nariel, but nobodies currently in mortal danger to my knowledge. I'm not sure about what's happening really, so I can't answer any questions. But I can continue looking after you," Aki replied.

Air escaped the lone monk's lungs in the form of a sigh, he was greatly hoping that these people weren't enemies and was relieved to find that they (apparently) weren't. "I am" he nodded to the lightly colored man, "...considering" he half said to himself. Samesh looked around him, at the carnage and destruction, which only seemed worse from here - the center of it all. It was a grim sight, and probably not the last in whatever was unfolding here, and across the land.