The Legend of Renalta (Updated: 03-06-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Kasienka definitely took care of the horse with the last of her strength. He needs more healing, but he's not lame.

Plot hole is closed. And there was much rejoicing!

I forgot to mention that Rahim is, in fact, free for Collabs.

So, for those wondering what's going on with LoR, I've been distracted for the past couple days, but that's it.

No, really, no serious drama stopping me from posting, I've just been headlong deep in a vidya gaem.

So I figured I'd let y'all know that sometime within the next 48 hours (hopefully sooner instead of later) I'll have more concrete plans on what's going to happen next concerning collabs and the IC. In the meantime, I am firing off responses to y'all's collabs, one by one. Expect some interesting things out of Marcus and Mikan soon, though.

Also, don't panic too much about the timeline. If a collab is posted and it occurs before posts prior to it, there's no serious harm, just so long as the collab is at least out there. :ferret:

Reactions: Seba
Me and Holmishire are just wrapping up a collab so I'll get that up soon

A message from the boss.

GM Post was intended for tomorrow, however technical issues have come up. The post may still come out tomorrow, and probably should, but there is a chance it will be delayed for an unforeseen amount of time.

He passes on his love, and says that the next GM Post will likely have a minimal effect on any collabs.

Reactions: RoranHawkins
Hello folks! New IC post up. There's a long ass piece of character development for Kouri & Hanus, and, Marcus & Mikan have started activities that anybody can join at any time. @Orion & @Jorick the collabs with Mikan can still be posted, it's all good, don't worry about it being out of order.

Reactions: LimeyPanda
"I believe you should listen to Rahim more often. He knows more than either of you think he does.”
Senpai has noticed me. Aguu~

I think I'm late to the party here, but who wants to do a training montage collab with moi?

I do wish to point out that this week and last week is finals week for a lot of college students so expect pretty much everything to move a bit slower

Currently doing a training fight with Marcus, but 'after' that I'm free to do another fight or training.

Alright. Just to shed some light upon where the hell I've been: I've had a lot of Mocks Tests coming my way, and I've been busy as all hells. Sorry for having it coming out so suddenly, but that's the case.

A'ight. Last GM post was May 17th. Regardless of how much I'd like to keep up progress in this area, it's clear that some people are just waiting on me to shove the plot forward now. So a lot is about to go down, and it'll involve a little bit of prep on my side of things. Next GM post is going up Wednesday the 8th.

• The next GM post will wrap up the evening segment: If you're doing a collab, wrap it up. It'll be assumed that every character went to sleep, except for Hanus, who does not need to sleep and will likely keep watch for the group.
  • Everyone active in the RP will be getting a PM after the next GM post to spark multiple collabs: It would be really, really bad to go inactive at this stage. Trust me. This means that I'm going to ping everyone here, and I expect a response back in this OOC to demonstrate you're still active. If you're not, I'll likely give your spot to someone else.
  • "Give your spot to someone else" wait... Does that mean?: Yep!
  • Round 2 of Invites: Note, that an invitation does not automatically mean acceptance. You may still get your character denied and fail to get into the RP if they aren't repaired on time. If you do, this isn't a permanent ban or anything extreme like that, it just means you'll have to wait until the next round to try again. Y'all will have at least a month to work on characters before they get put out into the world. Thanks to having less character sheets to review (far less), I can be more responsive with them. You can also try to get into the RP now even if you didn't receive an invitation, but it will be harder for the non-invited, because there's loads of characters already.
    • Earned second CS: @Kadaeux @Snakey (Y'all can make a second character if you choose. If you don't, your second character privilege will be passed along to someone else. A second character will not determine if there are any further new players approved, as one player playing multiple characters is less strenuous than multiple new players.)
    • First CS: @Alphakoka @RedWillow @Qwertronix @Arcadia (NEW BLOODS. If the newly invited give up their CS spots, they may be given to others, or simply disregarded entirely.)

NEW CS REQUIREMENTS: They're rather simple. Really. However, due to the nature of the story, they're there.
  1. Old Character Sheets: Don't change them! Those who have old character sheets, do not change them. If you absolutely must update them for whatever reason, put in the "Entry Point" section, and make the entry "Prologue, The Awakening." There may come a time where you need to update them, that day is not today.
  2. DO NOT DELETE THE ENTRY POINT LINE OR THE INFORMATION IN IT. It's located above the Name line. This warning is also located on the new CS. If you delete it, I'll force you to put it back on before you're allowed to play.
  3. King's Rangers or Kiune's Favour: You'll also find this entry on the second version of the CS. It tells me who recruited your character to Kouri's cause: The King's Rangers, or Kiune the Druid. The King's Rangers are a constant choice available throughout the story, and are constantly searching in secret for individuals they feel could add to Kouri's odds of survival. Kiune the Druid is a powerful character, on par to that of a demi-god, and she has affiliated herself to Kouri's cause. If your character is known for being in tune with nature or fighting against those who would needlessly harm it, Kiune is an option for recruitment.
    • King's Rangers: To find your character recruited by them, your character simply needs to have done something to anger the Gods, or harm them in some manner. They aren't particularly picky about a person's ethics, so long as they have a bone to pick the Gods or those who serve the Gods, the King's Rangers will be liable to offer them a chance to serve with Kouri. They have recruiters all across the continent.
    • Kiune's Favour: If your character has an affinity with nature or magic and lives within or close to the mountain border between Rheinfeld and Renalta, Kiune may consider recruiting you to help Kouri's cause now. She has a reputation among druids and some mages as being powerful and relatively benevolent so long as one does not harm nature needlessly, but is otherwise obscure to the rest of the world.
  4. If you don't know much about this world, refer to the FAQ section in the first post, and ask questions in the OOC. Can't emphasize this enough, really.
  5. Do not overpower your character: If your character is too strong, neither the King's Rangers or Kiune would ask them to help Kouri's journey. Characters who are overwhelmingly strong likely have both reputations and a difficulty going unnoticed in areas of the world where it's absolutely a necessity for everyone's survival. Don't make your character completely useless either though. If you need a decent guide, look at approved character sheets' strengths and weaknesses, and be ready to modify your CS as necessary. It's rare for characters to be approved on a first review. It's more like a process to get it just right. :ferret:
  6. Uh... Have fun, basically. There are some limitations as to how you can design your character, but they're necessary for the plot to remain coherent. You won't be dropped into the plot immediately, it'll be about a month or so before your characters will be allowed into the world. So this gives you some time to think on your CS. Take advantage of it.

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
Aye aye cap'n!

This is my response in this OOC to demonstrate that I'm still active.

I'm so interested it huuurts

Status
Not open for further replies.