The Legend of Renalta (Updated: 03-06-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a tough choice between you or LiWei to take that saviour spot, it really was. Ultimately though, the pacifism won out over the suicidal nature of your character, as LiWei doesn't have an easily achievable death wish. Your character would have been interesting to explore, but with a good chance of getting killed off in combat, would that mean I would just call back LiWei again right after your character bought it?

Regardless, Jakers, I wish you well, and I know you'll find other role plays well more than worth your time. Hopefully one of mine in the future will have a place for you. :ferret:
No hard feelings! It was great to have the opportunity anyway, and I'm sure this'll help me make CS's in the future. The low self-preservation aspect of Vickas was something I was hoping to have worked on through character development when he realises he has people to protect and gains his purpose to life once more, but your reasons are perfectly understandable. And hey, I even got a little ferret at the end! Fukyea.

I'm actually rather glad LiWei took the spot instead, in all honestly. Having a pacifistic monk in the party seems ridiculous on paper, sure, but it's a unique concept that I doubt other people would have the courage to touch - and there's a lot of room for character development within him. LiWei can create interesting scenes and memorable moments if he's played right, and he brings a fresh colour to the party; it's not something you see in your everyday band of adventurers. And hey, if a new player can get some experience, that's great too!

Best of luck with your RP, Brovo, and I'll be there for whatever you plan to GM next. You're a great GM who's picked out a brilliant band of players/characters, and I'm sure this'll turn into something great. Best of luck to the rest of the players, too! Till we meet again~.

O: Congratulations everyone! I'm blown away. And I'm extremely honored I'm allowed in. I'll make my first post tomorrow, once my last finals are over. I'll try not to let you guys down with my newness too much! Thank you for giving me the chance!

EDIT: I also didn't really get the "key part of the party is preferred" memo. ;_; I'm sorry, I just tried to make someone that would be fun to play in the universe. I'll do better and make it worth this chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brovo
*steps in, reads, punches the air in victory* i'll post probably sunday-monday. I've got adult duties and a girlfriend to tend to til then. Don't swamp the IC without me. *woop-woop-woops out*

• Love
*Reads the full Brovo analysis. Is pleasantly surprised Rahim got the Core slot, nods atnthw various characters he will bond with.*

A pleasure to be playing with you all.

*Silently wipes a tear away at the loss of Milf.*

Yo Gat, I was thinking about how to handle Pat being the one to scar Kalemn (since it'd definitely lead to some neat-o interactions) while getting past the early awkwardness of working around it (so Kalemn's profession isn't immediately discovered), and I think the simple solution would be the best. They just don't recognize each other right away. After all, Kalemn was too busy being burnt to get a good look at Pat, and Pat only would've seen her before she got the scars that are now her most defining feature.

• Love
I just wish to point out that what is the "Preview" and what is the result are two radically different things :P

I just wish to point out that what is the "Preview" and what is the result are two radically different things :P

Also anyone using one of the Black background styles should highlight the entire first segment; there's some black text scattered throughout.

Works for me herzi. I figured the likely situation was thrusting the torch into your face in an attempt to create a diversion and flee. Likely during a 'highway robbery' type situation, Pat wouldnt be above riding through the night to make a schedule afterall.

Updated the OOC's Cast List. Here are the totals for everybody. :ferret:

Total
  • Active: 13.
  • Inactive: 0.
  • Dead: 0.
  • Abandoned The Quest*: 0.
Sex
  • Male: 8.
  • Female: 5.
  • Neither/Either/Both: 0.
*Character in question decided to abandon the quest for IC reasons, such as losing faith in Kouri. If your character develops themselves out of the story, it'll be noted here instead of as "inactive" or "dead."

• Useful
  • Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
@Everyone: Alright. Here's a checklist of things I'm gonna get done later. (Some of it at work, if I have the time to spare. Sunday shifts are notoriously slow.)
  • Get an IC post up tonight or Monday. (Whichever makes more time-sense.)
  • Post full descriptions of Mikan & Marcus. (Either as part of the IC or as part of the OOC.)
  • Ask people who haven't posted yet to do that. :ferret:
Beyond that, I'm moving on the 22nd, so I may be in and out of contact for a couple days. I can be reached on Skype or Steam, as always.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'll be be posting tonight/tomorrow myself, sorry. The past couple days have been stuffed with extra hours at work and early Christmas dinners, but I've got tomorrow off.

Reactions: Soulless
Alright everyone! Post is up on my end. This post will be relevant both for old guard and new folks, as it'll be both informative and built for clarifications. :ferret:
  • Information (Lore)
    • Appearance Myth: Kouri's appearance is generally well known, and it's not entirely uncommon to see people imitating it as costumes, frauds with illusion magic, and so on. Nonetheless, it would not be out of character or metagaming for everyone to know who Kouri is based on appearance alone. This will also apply to NPC's, so be careful.
    • Ice Magic: Kouri is skilled in ice magic and this is also part of the myths surrounding her, though it never specified how powerful she was. Some versions make her only a minor trickster, others make her to be a master wizard who could freeze entire city blocks. Kouri is neither of those: She's somewhere in the middle.
    • Kouri References Gault: Four hundred years prior to the existence of Rheinfeld, there existed a kingdom known as Gault. Gault fell to a civil war over whether or not to be expansionist and take more land, or to be exclusively protectors of the Holy Land, reserving military excursions only for combating heresies, not territorial acquisitions. The defensive faction won, and the royalty of the kingdom was abolished in favour of a theocratic dictatorship: That being Rheinfeld. Some people would know this, others wouldn't. I'll leave it up to you what your character knows.
    • Marcus References King's Rangers: The King's Rangers were the primary bodyguards and agents of the royal family of Renalta. While referenced in tales of the ancient kingdom, they're usually only tangentially referenced. Their continued existence is often in doubt, as they go out of their way to keep it a secret, though it wouldn't be unreasonable for any of your characters to be aware of their existence. ((Especially @West who would probably have been taught from birth what a King's Ranger was, given his parentage.))
  • Information (Facts)
    • "The Tongue of Gault": The native tongue of Rheinfelders is German IRL. If your character speaks it, but you don't, you can use Google Translate to write lines into German. Keep in mind that Google Translate sucks at grammar though (like, really hardcore, sucks at it), so if you're going to do this, always add parenthesis after your Rheinfelder dialogue that translates what you meant to say in German. Ex: "Magie?!? Nein! Hör auf damit, Hexe! (Magic?!? No! Stop it, witch!)"
    • Common Tongue: The commoner's tongue is English. It's shared across all nations for ease of communication. Therefore, Rheinfelders (most of them anyway) can speak and understand at least some degree of English.
    • Kouri is from an Old World: A thousand years is a long, long time to miss world events. Expect her to reference things that no longer exist, or which make no sense. I'm not just talking about her kingdom either.