The Legend of Renalta (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linston looked between the others as they proposed their plan. He glanced towards James who was going to be using illusion magic to hide himself and Kouri shortly. "Perhaps I can be of more aid when it comes to this. Though it may not have seemed it until now, I do have a bit of experience convincing others of things. As the one who came up with the existing plan, you should do the most talking," he turned his eyes to Dean. "However, at any point that I feel I can help, I will attempt to do so, unless you're against my aid, of course." He bowed slightly, attempting to show that he will respect the decision of the other either way, as Linston didn't particularly want to get caught so soon after joining this group, and messing up a plan like this would be as quick a path to getting caught as he could think of.

Dean's gaze drifts casually away from where he expected the others to come from, and rested on Linston. He struggled to keep a straight face for a moment, taking some fun in someone asking permission from him to do anything. "Yeah, Linston. If you feel confident you can lend a hand you absolutely should chime in if the need arises." Further suppressing laughter he returned his attention to the path he had come from. "Should our pleasantries fail however, just be prepared for what follows."

Linston bowed slightly, smiling. "Glad if I can help. I will be sure to stay prepared for a battle, should one possibly commence." He inhaled slowly, then exhaled, preparing for the moment. "Good luck during this, hopefully there won't be any point in which I feel I need to jump in." He mentally focused on relaxing each part of his body bit by bit so he could hopefully give the illusion of having not been tense any time recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
"As for why I stay... I have my reasons, and they are my own. Just know that I chose not to carry my family name any longer a long time ago."
-Marcus, Page 2.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calm, or Storm?

Thus, it was decided: A trap would be set for those who were coming to investigate the area. Kouri looks to Tahlia as she takes Sisera and helps him stay on his feet, nodding over toward Dean. "Go. The less of us are here, the easier it will be for James to maintain his spell on us."

Dean, Tahlia, Alexander, Marcus, and Cennick would all be left out in the open, to greet the arriving scouting party. Kouri, Linston, James, and Samuel would all be hiding together, some short distance away, though only their sight would be hidden: Sounds and other such things would still carry no matter how hard James tried to stop it. Kasienka and Baldrik would stay in the woods, hiding among the trees, with Hanus nearby them. It seemed he, too, would choose to remain hidden from sight in this instance. Kalemn also would be hiding among the woods with Kasienka and Baldrik.

Marcus, it seemed, had no intention of following through with Kalemn's advice about hiding. He kneels down and cleans the blood off of his blade. As he does, James speaks from his hidden position. It was impossible to discern that he was there visually, but Marucs didn't even seem to flinch upon hearing James' voice so close to him. "Why not hide? Kalemn made a good point." Marcus finishes cleaning his blade and then sheathes it. "Unlike Kouri, I can use my own life as bait. If whoever we are to speak with would instantly turn on a Tiefling, they would most certainly do the same to some of our other, more... Strange looking travelers." James chuckles, and speaks once more. "I won't save you if you get into trouble you know." Marcus scoffs and pats the handle of his blade. "I need no aid from you."

As Marcus stands, he notices figures cresting the hill. Rahim, it seemed, had returned to them, followed closely by others. Others who had likely not given him as much scouting distance as he may have wanted. "It begins." He mutters under his breath as he steps forward, away from James and his hidden group.

Jennifer steps over the last remaining hill between her and the rest of the group. It seemed that she had impatiently trodden on ahead regardless of Rahim asking to scout ahead. Mikan kept her distance from the group, now just comprised of eight men and Jennifer. All armed in a multitude of ways. All armoured. Jennifer being the most well armoured out of all of them. Jennifer looks down from the top of the hill toward those who had not chosen to hide, and narrowed her gaze coldly when it reached Marcus. "I am Jennifer, of the Silver Shields. We heard a commotion in this area, and came to investigate to see if you required our aid."

Though Dean was relieved to see Rahim and the others alive and well his face showed nothing but a cautious frown as the riders approached. As Jennifer introduced herself as a member of the Silver Shields a chill ran through his spine. Dean was all too aware of where their loyalties lied, and it did not bode well should Kouri be revealed. He tried to breathe easily and stepped forward ahead of the others. "A pleasure to meet you Jennifer, I am Dean. The commotion is well resolved." He said as he gestured to the scene around them. "Though we very much appreciate your investigation."

Jennifer looks about the area. Her hand rests on the handle of her weapon, but it does so in a relaxed manner, as she seemed ready to fight if necessary. "I sense magic still here." Her eyes momentarily stop where James was hidden, and he closes his eyes and concentrates harder. She passes him by, and he exhales quietly: It was more difficult to maintain than he had initially implied. Or, she was more powerful than he had initially given her credit for. Either way, Kouri and Samuel would see him gritting his teeth in irritation. "I am certain you do." Marcus remarks as he raises an eyebrow and glances to Dean. "We have a druid in our midst. She used magic to bind some of our enemies, it has yet to fade." He then motions toward Tahlia. It was a bluff, naturally, but it seemed that it wasn't his first.

Though she seemed distrustful of the tiefling, she relaxes her guard a little, and then looks to Dean. Her tone turns inquisitive, though not unfriendly. "What are you doing traveling through these mountains? You are not traders, so it could not be for simple commerce..."

Dean catches the look from Marcus and nods gratefully. As Jennifer begins asking her questions his attention returns to her. A grin reaches his face, he seemed genuinely amused with what she had said. "We are very much not traders at all. But we do have business in the Freeholds, and this seemed like the shortest route back."

"Free Holds?" Jennifer mutters under her breath, puzzlement in her tone, but disgust in the way her face scrunched. "You had better not be slavers..." Marcus coughs loudly, getting the Silver Shield's attention. "If we were slavers, then we must be quite incompetent to lack an appropriately trained magician to keep them in line." Mikan finally slips past the armoured men. Dean would notice a bruise on her cheek. "Or me! I am not a slave." Mikan giggles, though keeps her distance from them as she stays close to Dean. Jennifer speaks once more. "Fine. I know not your business and I shall not question it, but at least allow us to help you through these mountains... If you have any hidden comrades in arms, now is a good time to reveal them."

As Mikan slipped through the crowd, Dean's face would darken noticing the bruise on her face. He would remain focused more on her face than on his conversation with Jennifer. "To set your mind at ease, no we are not Slavers either. Call us Treasure Hunters or Mercenaries if you care to, but we were hired to bring something of value back to our employer." His posture very much resembled Jennifer's with a relaxed grip on his sword.

"Hidden comrades in question will reveal themselves when we know whether we can trust you. I assume these arent all of your friends either." He said pointing to the eight men gathered around her. "As for your help? My gut tells me no. I assume you have your own business here, we have ours, and we'll make our own way."

Jennifer's grip on the pommel of her blade tightens momentarily, but relaxes once more as she takes a deep breath and sighs. She motions to the men behind her, and two of them start to search the area. Their pace was slow, and they kept their hands away from their weapons, as though trying to show a non-hostile intention. "Our business is to aid travelers through these lands. An angel is patrolling the area looking for a dangerous woman, and our task is to ensure that her malevolent ways do not harm others here... We have no intention of engaging this woman, either. From what I have been told, she is a powerful witch. I will not risk your lives or our own in such a conflict." Her hand falls away from her blade. "I would not even know what this woman looks like, her depictions vary wildly. Trust that I mean you no harm. Not even that one." She motions toward Mikan, still with the look of distrust, though it seemed more out of pity than hatred. "She simply spoke out of her place and would not cease, as though hiding something dangerous from us... Perhaps her true nature, for she is not entirely human."

Mikan walks a few steps back and shrugs, now hiding behind Marcus instead. Though, her eyes do briefly match those of Dean, a look of appreciation in them for his concern. Marcus briefly seems ready to answer, but looks to Dean instead: He was deferring the decision, perhaps... Or, perhaps, this was another of his little tests.

Dean crosses his arms as Jennifer's men begin searching the area. He was glad having been given notice that there was an angel patrolling the area. His gaze shifted between the search party and Jennifer. "I can appreciate your intentions I suppose. However we are an impartial party in whatever conflict you have with this witch. I don't trust you, and I think it's fair to say you don't trust us either. We are more than capable of defending ourselves, so don't worry yourself for our well being." As he spoke he noticed Marcus and the others were remaining very quiet. It would seem as though the decision was being left up to him.

Knowing that Jennifer wasn't going to recognize Kouri meant that the Princess wouldn't remain idle for much longer, and Dean had given his word he'd avoid conflict. "Ultimately, Jennifer? If you think aiding travelers entitles you to striking someone you believe impure, and make a habit of looking down on others than I don't care for your assistance. I'm not out to harm innocents, but it's hardly my call alone. You'll find various members of our party hidden in the bushes, I'm sure they have no ill intention towards you either. I do hope you'll be on your way however."

Jennifer nods, seemingly unphased by Dean's anger. "If that is what you should believe." She reaches for her weapon as James drops the illusion and falls to his knees. Panting heavily, he rolls onto his back and simply stares up at the sky. Beatrice flies to him and lands on his chest, nuzzling her head against him. Kouri steps out, and looks at Jennifer, who relaxes once again. "You look strikingly familiar." Kouri smiles a little, and bows her head. "I give that impression to many people, but I simply like the look. My name is Karen. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, even if it should be under such dubious circumstances." Her tone was gentle, and yet, commanding, in a manner reflecting that of well groomed nobility.

Hanus, upon noticing that the confrontation was over, quickly flips his hood up over his head and wraps a piece of cloth around the lower half of his face, over his nose. His red eyes seemed worried at the sight of the Silver Shields. "Let them not know of my nature or they will kill me without hesitation." He states quietly to Kasienka and Baldrick. He then whistles loudly, his lizard mount walking over to him. It seemed he hadn't eaten the orc he killed, instead looking at Kasienka with what could only be assumed to be an expression of happiness. Hanus looks to Kasienka, and she could see his eyes briefly glance toward her neck before he snapped his attention away and moved out of the forest. He hungered, but remained in control.

Mikan keeps her distance from the Silver Shields, seeming to be more than happy to shrink away anytime Jennifer looked in her direction, regardless of the intent.

Marcus watches as Faolan returns with all of the horses in tow, and nods approvingly to the wolf. "Good boy." He states simply, likely still unaware of the wolf's true nature. He then glances back toward the forest and grimaces, as his horse was most definitely beyond the pale, and that left at least one of them on foot... Or, someone would have to share a ride.

It seemed there was a moment of calm, at least. Kouri glances toward the rest of the group, and clears her throat. "We should travel with the company. It will be safer together than separately..." Her blue eyes move to stare Jennifer in the eyes. "So long as we might have the guarantee she will not lay a hand on anyone here again. I would be quite... Displeased." A little bit of frost builds up at her sleeves. "I would imagine that the mercenaries here under my employ would be simultaneously compelled to fight if necessary, though I wish not for it." Jennifer looks away from Kouri's eyes and toward the dirt, as she shuffles awkwardly. "I will not harm your compatriots, nor lay a hand upon any of them... I have no reason to believe that my men are at threat now."

The princess approached, slowly, as the frost around her sleeves seemed to harden a little along with the look in her eyes, and the tone in her voice. "What would give you such an impression from such a young woman?" Jennifer looks up from the dirt with a confused expression. "Many predators masquerade as harmless people. Demons, vampires, all manner of cretins who possess powers that allow them to manipulate and destroy innocent people. Even if some among them mean no harm, those that do, can present a great deal of danger to the unwary... 'Tis better to test the patience of a beast, and apologize if they are not so, than to fall victim to the very animals we seek to protect mortals from." Her tone seemed far more confident than before, as though she were reciting something from memory. Kouri sighs in disappointment, though her guise does not waver. "An understandable precaution in these parts, I suppose..."

The magically inclined around would feel something nearby, like a pair of eyes watching their every movement, but could not discern precisely where it was coming from... Merely, that they were being watched, and that whatever was watching them, did not seem to care to hide that fact.

Rahim and Jennifer - On Another Quest...
(Feat. @Brov
o as Jennifer)

Rahim was glad to see that the situation had resolved itself in at least a somewhat safe fashion. The fact that he wasn't going to have to clash swords with Jennifer was a relief, because he had no doubts that she would pose a greater challenge than anything he had faced since leaving the clan. Still, now that the group was reunited with the scouting party, he thought he might take this time to learn more about the woman. She was, after all, a powerful warrior and a leader figure. As much as he might resent it, he felt a need to measure himself against her as a proxy for what he'd left behind.

Walking up to the woman, Rahim offered a nod to the woman, before speaking. "Thank you for helping us through the mountains; it is good to meet allies in such a hostile place." He said, before looking directly at the woman's face. "If it pleases you, I would like to ask you some questions. You are clearly strong, and you seem to have some purpose to being here. I would be interested in learning about it."

"Learning about my purpose for being here?... Oddly worded." Jennifer replies. She looks him over, looking a little uncertain as to how she should react to him. "I believe I stated it already. I am here to protect travellers crossing the mountains against a dangerous witch, which an angel is hunting now even as we speak."

Rahim pauses, confused to why she found the question odd. "It seems like a frivolous goal. Surely there are others who can do the task. You seem far too talented as a warrior for the job." he said, without the slightest hint of over-exaggeration or brown nosing. The woman was a warrior of clear talent and merit; he could tell from the way she held herself, and how she'd dispatched the Orcish champion. "Unless this witch is more troublesome than I give her credit...Troubling."

"According to legend, she was able to freeze the hearts of men solid with a mere glance. I would be one of the only people here who could resist with my magics, but even then... I am not certain I could face such a woman." She looks over Rahim's ears, and raises an eyebrow, her tone turning inquisitive as it had before. "From what bloodlines do you herald? Human, and... Something. Elf?"

The man paused at the mention of freezing a man's heart solid with a glance. Did such magics exist? He would have to ask Kouri that at some point. "She sounds most terrifying indeed. I doubt I would be able to best such a foe."

Pausing for a moment, he almost missed the gaze of the woman at his ears. He did not, however, miss the tone in her voice. "I do not know. I know my mother does not have them, which would imply they are from my father. I never met the man; so I assume he is either dead, or worthless to me." He spat on the ground at the mention of his father. In truth, he was not entirely decided if he would hate the man had he met him. He would definitely have hated him if he was like the clan's other men-folk; simpering and weak-willed... They weren't worth much more than the cattle of the outside world. "Either way, this gift of his..." He paused to reach up and touch the pointed tip of one ear. "...is not something that defines me. They simply are."

After a likely awkward moment of silence, Rahim cleared his throat before swiftly changing the subject. "So where did you learn to fight? I always yearn to better myself as a warrior, so I try to learn from those worth learning from; when I can at least. Far too much time spent on the road for anything more than brief lessons."

"With the Silver Shields." Jennifer replies, her tone surprisingly relaxing as his answer seemed to satisfy her. At least, for the moment. "Ever since I was ten. My parents gave me to them, and I have learned how to fight, to protect others. I give my life in service, and bloody my hands, so that others may sleep soundly in their beds... So that other little girls don't have to be given away by their parents."

Rahim nodded after hearing her reasoning. It was a shame that this woman presented such a threat, because he could easily see himself enjoying time spent with this woman. "A Noble ambition indeed. We must all strive to be better than what our parents want us to be." The sentiment perhaps meant more to Rahim than Jennifer would understand on the surface; considering his parents either didn't care about his existence, or only wanted him for his ability to make children, and be a quivering, unworthy beta.

"I'm sorry, I am probably taking too much of your time. You must have others to attend to from your own party." He nodded his head at the woman, offering thanks to her for the talk. "If we ever reach a point of safety, I would be honoured if you would consider sparing with me. I would likely learn much from such an encounter."

"The honour would be mine." Jennifer bows her head respectfully, then turns away as she waits, patiently, for the group to gather their wits.

Samuel, Kouri and Jennifer
(Feat. @Brovo as Kouri & Jennifer)

Samuel frowned, he didn't care for these strangers. But still he lightly stepped up with the confidence he so richly possessed. "Karen my dear, is it just me or do you feel like there is something watching us..." He said just loudly enough to be audible, but not so loudly as to seem unsual. Samuel was double unhappy for if it proved to be another hostile encounter so soon, he had but a single summoning left today excepting for Waral, and he didn't like risking the thunder lizard in base combat.

Kouri jumps in momentary surprise, then looks toward Samuel. It seemed he was getting into his own character, and the princess merely bows her head politely at his approach. "Why, yes, I have... It feels old."

"Pray tell stranger," He said looking at Jennifer, "Have you noticed anything strange in the region of late? You seem like you know the area and would be familiar with something out of place." He said aloud while whispering more quietly, with long practice to Kouri, "Are you sure we should travel with these...?"

As Jennifer turns her attention to them and walks over, Kouri either finds herself unable or unwilling to reply to Samuel. Instead, she simply smiles politely to Jennifer, who looks between them and raises an eyebrow. "Odd behaviour, for Free Holders." She notes aloud, before continuing to answer Samuel's question. "Yes. It feels as though we have been watched the moment we came to this place... Unsurprising. Druids are known to inhabit these lands, to evade the violent hand of Rheinfeld's Templar."

"Odd behaviour is a trademark of the Freeholds," Samuel said with a shrug, "My father used to own a man who thought he was a parrot." He put on a disarming grin, "Are these Druids going to be a problem?" he asked as he relaxed visibly, though internally he was still wound tightly. He said nothing about the fact he wanted to contact them, surely they were more reliable, and trustworthy, than these...

Jennifer looks between them, then shakes her head. A small smile could yet be momentarily seen crossing her lips before melting away to a grave sincerity, as she replied. "Only if they see us as a threat. I haven't heard of that happening in years."

Kouri glances around the area. It was clear that she felt unsettled by the feeling, if nothing else.

Samuel offering Kouri his arm as a gentleman should, "Shall we?" He said with a smile. He turned back to Jennifer, "Well, we bear the Druids no ill will, I am sure they are reasoning folk and we have none of the Rheinfeld prejudices, so if they care to watch there is nothing we can do to prevent it, if they wish to make themselves known, then so be it."

Kouri nods in agreement, though hesitates before taking Samuel's arm. "Yes, though we shall need our horses first." Jennifer glances about the area, and doesn't seem to have a reply for Samuel.​

Amaia

Amaia stayed quiet and off to the side as Dean and Jennifer talked, waiting and ready to draw her daggers in case things went sideways. It got tense for a bit there, and she was sure that the Silver Shields would immediately make the connection between the legend of freezing hearts and Kouri's frosty sleeves, but they were either dense or putting up a very good act and nothing happened for the time being. She resolved to keep an eye on Jennifer in particular, to see if there were any suspicious or foreboding looked directed at Kouri that might reveal some hidden thoughts or intentions.

The thing that grabbed the lion's share of Amaia's attention through the confrontation was a stray comment Jennifer made about Mikan: "she is not entirely human." That gnawed at her mind as the tensions unraveled and people made ready to leave. She had thought Mikan was just a normal person, unfortunately a Rheinfelder but tolerably so, but if she had hidden some kind of inhuman heritage... Well, they'd already spent the one night together, and if what Jennifer said was true then it wouldn't be the first time Amaia had laid with something not quite human, but the thought that it had happened without her actually being aware beforehand worried her. Was she losing her touch in detecting these sorts of things, or was Mikan just too good at hiding it?

There was no way of telling, and she didn't want to risk talking to Mikan about it here with all these Silver Shields around. Whatever the truth of the matter was, Amaia knew that any of them overhearing something unsavory might lead to them wanting to kill Mikan, even though she obviously wasn't a true monster no matter what her ancestry might include. She'd have to ask about it later, just as soon as there was a chance to talk privately. For now, she simply waited beside her horse, ready to follow once the others were ready to go.

Cennick and Mikan
Collab with @Brovo
Quietly and curiously, Mikan slipped away from Dean when she noticed his attention drawn toward Kouri, and looked around the area with a pair of playful eyes. She still hadn't really spoken to everyone, or even a majority of people there. In fact, one person had tagged along with them just recently...

"Hey there!" Mikan squeaks out as she approaches Cennick, intentionally putting a little extra sway in her hips as she walked down the hill and looking to see if he would stare. "I don't think I actually caught your name, mister..."

"Greenborough." He stated simply, his eyes shifting towards his interrupter. "Cennick Greenborough if you prefer full names." He recognized the woman, at least vaguely, as the elfess had mentioned her earlier. Also, it wasn't like she was hard to miss. "I guess it's only polite for me to ask your name in return, Miss...?"

"Mikan!" She says as she clasps her hands behind her back, the bruise on her cheek marring what was otherwise a flirtatious look in her eyes. "Just, Mikan. Easy to remember, right?" She giggles and looks him over, her eyes dancing across his weapons. "Wow, lots of swords there... They look well taken care of, too."

Cennick craned his head to meet the taller woman's eyes, trying his best to keep his own from wandering into into uncouth territory. "Mikan, eh?" He mumbled, nodding along, "That's quite simple enough indeed..." His mind wandered inappropriately for a moment "... Oh, yes, uh, my swords. Well, as you have inevitably noticed I'm no common sellsword, but of a higher stock. A single sabre just wouldn't cut it." he took a moment to laugh too hard at his own joke, "No, a distinguished bladesman such as myself is armed with no fewer than two blades at all times, because you never know what beasts you may encounter... Really, I could go on all day about balance and temperance and so on, but I can't help but think you didn't stop, uh, whatever you were doing to come talk to me about my blades, hmm?"

"Well, depends on which blades we are talking about." Mikan giggles and brings her hands over her head, stretching out leisurely and feeling her back crack with satisfaction. The view was more than intentional, yet her eyes seemed more sharply focused on his face. "So why are you here anyway? Beyond whatever pay you've been promised... Just between the two of us."

The cogs in Cen's mind ground together as they he tried to interpret woman's motivations, an all too mindful exercise as when he roused from his thoughts he found his gaze fixated on the woman's unmentionables. Quickly he corrected his infraction, quickly speaking up in hopes she didn't notice, "Glory, I guess," he stated, "Really, while the pay is nice, their greater reward than respect and a good legacy, things I expect will be plentiful if we succeed."

"Glory? Oh, I guess we will have a lot of that." Mikan muses aloud. She caught where his eyes had looked, and grins playfully as she takes a couple steps closer. She bends a little, so she can stare at him eye to eye, her tone going to a hush as one of her fingers touches his chest. "There's other things than glory to win. You just have to pursue them." She winks and giggles, and glances around. None of the silver shields seemed interested in what she was doing. "... Mm... I think the princess doesn't know what she's doing with these people..." Her green eyes flirt toward his, as she looks him eye to eye. "And I hope you find another reason than glory... I know lots of men who seek glory, none of them are pleasant." She rubs her bruised cheek as she takes a step back, giving him space to breath.

An inadvertent shudder ran down Cennick's spine and he let out a slow breath to Follow.as Mikan retreated he brushed a stray hair from his face, never breaking their gaze, "Okay," he breathed, his higher faculties slowly returning, "What are you implying?"

She blinks, and giggles, and scratches the back of her head with an amused look in her eyes. "I mean that I like to have fun, and I like good men... And it would be a shame if you were just out for glory." Her eyes finally break away from his as she motions toward Kouri. "She deserves better than glory hounds, you know?... And you deserve to be more than just a glory hound."

Cen smirked, "That's a bold assumption, considering you've known me for all of, well, however long we've been talking. Minutes at best." he paused to glance as the princess, "Granted, I don't know what she would want, but her gun-toting friend there seems to have her companionship covered. I just figure she'd want me to try to keep alive... Of course, I could just ask."

"You could." Mikan replies with a shrug as she takes a step closer and whispers in Cennick's ear. "Or, you could find a couple people here, and watch their backs... Might live a little longer that way."

Cen nodded slowly, mulling the thought. "You make a good point..." He took one large step back, freeing him from the woman's closeness. "But, well, have you seen the people here? I mean of course you have, but that's not the point, none of them are... Proper."

Mikan snickers and glances around at the group. Indeed, it was... Diverse, if nothing else. "Right... Like I'm proper." She sighs and kicks the dirt. "None of us are proper, but we're all here for a reason. A living, breathing reason... That's something to think about."

"Yes, our reason..." he sent a side-glance toward Jennifer and her men, confirming their continued disinterest, "Truth be told, I can't say I'm completely convinced." He took a step forward, re-entering whisper range, "I mean if we can be intimidated by a couple armoured thugs and the threat of their big friend what chance do we have against celestial beings?"

Mikan pauses, and shrugs, though she looks him eye to eye. "Even if it's a tiny chance, it's better than what we have now... Rheinfeld, Free Holds... Zealots who murder you at the slightest provocation, or slavers... It's better than what I had. At least this means something."

"Do you really think that if we complete our impossible task any of that will change?" He stifled a laugh, possibly in an attempt to preserve the woman's feelings, "The zealots won't lay down their blades the moment we succeed, if anything we'll just angry them, send them on a mad crusade torching everything in their path until they find the people who defied them. That being. And if they do find us there's no telling what they would do, the thought alone almost sickens me."

"It's called a dream! Surely you have heard of them." Mikan crosses her arms over her chest. "It's at least a chance at something better, I didn't say it was easy, just... Better."

"I- I mean..." Cennick stammered as he realized he had upset the woman, "Sure, I guess it can all work out... somehow. Maybe. It just might be better to keep your expectations realistic."

"Ah, well... I have faith." Mikan replies softly. Noticing his stammering, she giggles and pats him on the shoulder. "You didn't really upset me... I just don't need reminding how hard this will be. Have you never learned to be happy with what little you can get? One foot ahead of the other. First thing, cross these mountains... We can worry about the zealots later." Her eyes wander about, as she looks at the Silver Shields. "First... Figure out how to ditch these people..."

Cennick managed to shake his instinctual urge to shake off Mikan's hand, he would be lying to himself if he thought he didn't enjoy the physical attention regardless, "I've always been taught the need to constantly better yourself, happiness in contentment and dreams is the domain of..." He paused, realizing he was going on again, "You know what? You're right, let's just find a get rid of these bastards. We'll cross the the other bridges when we get to them."

He looked over to Jennifer and her men again, only to draw blanks, "I don't suppose you have an idea or two?"

"Well..." Mikan looks around, clears her throat, and then looks awkwardly down to her feet. "No, not... Not really. I was hoping you would."

"Well" Cennick parroted, looking around as if the answer would suddenly present itself, "Maybe we can talk to the angel, convince it that we're just a waste of time to be parading around with and then have the others follow as it leaves. It's hardly the greatest plan ever, but it's... Something."

Mikan's eyes snap up toward Cennick, widely, she stares. "Lie? To an angel? Scheisse, no... Maybe we can chance upon orcs again and run when they attack?... Hmph." She crosses her arms again and looks around the area impatiently. "We might not have a choice until it presents itself..."

"Lie? I never sai- Oh, God's smite me... Look, I said it wasn't the greatest plan." he sighed and mumbled a myriad of unintelligible curses in frustration, "You know what? Let's just fight them, it's better than just waiting for a opportunity that may never come."

Mikan raises her hands quickly and shakes her head rapidly. "Nein nein nein nein nein! You didn't see what I saw. Jennifer could blind us all instantly and half of us would die before we could take them down... Fifty fifty chance... I'm not taking those odds, are you?"

"Right, that would be would have been something I'd have liked to know earlier, before I started making baseless plans. Anything else about this Jennifer you aren't telling me?"

"Uhh..." She looks at Jennifer briefly, then rubs her bruised cheek as she looks away. "Not really... Just that we're in trouble. You know?"

Cennick cocked a brow, looking between Jennifer and Mikan, "Oh..." He stood thinking for a second, gauging the appropriateness of an angry intervention. Of course, if Mikan wasn't exagerating the woman's power such an action might end up being his last. He let out a deep sigh and shrugged, "I'm well aware we're in trouble, exactly the reason I'm not contented with just sitting around waiting for an angel to come down and strike us down with a fiery sword or what have you."

"Yeah, well..." Mikan glances momentarily toward Rahim, then back toward Jennifer. Noticing them talking together, her heart sinks a little. "These mountains have lots of orcs... And cavern systems. So long as we keep our eyes open for them, maybe we could run into a cavern, and the princess could freeze the entrance, keep the angel at bay for a little while... Mmm... I don't know, it's better than nothing, I think... We should stick together, regardless."

Cen nodded half-heartedly, "Yes, yes... Perhap's Kou- Karen would have some better ideas." He didn't know why he suddenly cared about subtly, considering he and Mikan had been openly talking behind the zealot's backs for the entire duration of their conversation, but something in the back of his mind prevented him from openly stating the princess' name. The feeling that something out of perception must just hear it. "It's been a good talk Mikan, I appreciate you taking time to speak with a miserable duelist. Perhaps next time we can talk about more... Human matters, when there isn't almost literal sword hanging over our heads." With a wink he turned heel and made way to 'Karen', mind abuzz with a myriad of unfamiliar feelings.

He was surprised by the people that did come: They sure seemed a lot more reasonable than what the group had believed. He lowered his Rifle, and very slowly pulled the flint lock backwards, and pushed it forward to ensure that no sparks were to be created. He began to lower himself down from the tree, and showed himself to the others as he approached, his left hand on the side of his body where it belongs, whilst he was grasping the rifle tightly with his right hand. He looked over towards the group's presumed leader, the lady that was to be identified as Jennifer. He felt a bit intimidated by her presensce as he began to approach the group, making sure that he wouldn't appear in a combative stance until he was close to Jennifer and Marcus, trying to avoid Kouri for the moment. After all, he didn't want to get her cover blown, especially since it seemed to be working out oh so well.

He listened in on the conversation that Rahim and Jennifer were having, and felt a part of himself within Jennifer. He had spent his entire life training, mentally and physically for the day when Kouri would return to the Earth to raise Renalta back up from it's grave. And yet, when he began to think more about it... He realized that perhaps, things weren't as grand as he thought they were. What was the chance she'd awake when he was around? The fact worn down slightly on his spirit. Was it pure luck that he had just been around, since none of his other ancestors had awakened her from her sleep? He considered it a huge blessing that he was around when she was there, but what of everyone else? Baldrik didn't feel apart of himself in Jennifer, he saw it. It awoke something that was hidden in Baldrik's mind for the first time in a long while, although he didn't know what. But he none the less had to thank Jennifer in his own way.

He looked at Jennifer, and bowed his head to her as a sign of respect. That was when he noticed his right arm was exposed, in which he casually reached over for his right arms sleeve, and pulled it downwards until it was covering just about everything that exposed his reptillian side. He didn't want to speak as he believed that it would indirectly cause him to leak any form of information, and that would ruin any hopes of a peaceful journey, atleast with these Silver Shields. As he heard Kouri's announcement that they needed to look for their horses, Baldrik gave her a simple nod. He walked over towards the Forest filled area, and took ahold of his own Horse first: exactly where he had left it. He rode it a bit deeper inside, and came back out with another pair of horses that had been hidden to ensure the ambush would've worked, he approached Kouri and Samuel, holding the leather straps attached to the horses in his right hand, exposing it unknowingly. For some reason, when he saw that Kouri had her arm around Samuel's, he felt one of his heart strings pull ever so slightly. He wasn't sure why exactly, but he didn't like it that Samuel was so open about it to Kouri. He extends the two straps to Samuel and Kouri "Miss, Sir. Your horses."

Tahlia Wether
@Holmishire.

Tahlia nudged her horse toward Faolan as the others prepared to move out. With most having retrieved their horses already, he was no longer needed to keep them in check. She was glad that they had avoided—or at the very least delayed—direct conflict with the Silver Shields. Still, the sooner the two groups parted way, the safer she'd feel.

She reached out to her companion's mind, and he began to pad along beside her horse.

Apparently volunteering in your stead did the opposite of what I intended. Were you in much danger?

She glanced back at Marcus, still in need of a horse. "No, the others handled most of the fighting." Realizing that what would appear to be her talking to herself might draw notice from the Silver Shields, she switched to speaking telepathically. Sisera took the brunt of the damage—I hope he recovers soon.[/hr]

Last edited:
"A queen who inherits ashes and dust."
-Marcus, Page 3.​

Kasienka & Hanus
(( @Seba & @Brovo ))​

They survived... Which was something. There was some sort of a plan agreed upon and Kasienka was tired enough to not argue and go along with anything. She walked up to her horse and began to try and mount it, but found that her magical fatigue was deep enough to affect her physical abilities. She pushed her loose hair out of her face then moved towards Hanus, her face flushed as she knew she had to ask something odd.

"Can your mount carry two? Or will that only slow the party? I know he already struggles at times to keep pace."

Hanus glances over toward Kasienka, and seeing her exhaustion, a concerned look enters his eyes. "Yes, he easily can. He just has shorter legs than horses, but he's all muscle." He takes a step closer, his eyes momentarily running along her neck before snapping back to her eyes. His lips curl upward at the corners playfully. "Is this just an excuse to get close to me?"

She readily approached Hanus, regardless of his flirting. "It is an excuse for me not to fall off of my horse. Someone should use her for now, so the party can continue moving." The elf glanced around the group then sighed. "I'm sure someone lost their mount in the fight." She glanced at him again then at Krasnyy.

"How do I...?" She took a step closer to Hanus again, and lowered her voice so only he could hear her whisper, "And this is an excuse for you to get back on your feet faster. We need you to fight."

He looks down to where his injury had been earlier: It had ceased bleeding, and though underneath clothing, he knew it was well on its way to healing completely. Glancing toward Krasnyy, he snaps his fingers and motions toward the ground. "Svesti. (Flatten.)" The riding lizard lays down on the ground, though cranes his head so he can stare at the two of them.

Hanus swings himself onto Krasnyy first, then reaches out with one hand to help pull Kasienka onto Krasnyy's back, saddling her in front of himself so as to be sure that he could catch her if she fell off. Noticing none of the Silver Shields staring at them, he replies in a hushed tone. "There is no way I can feed secretly here... It's not subtle, and it takes a little time... I should have done it earlier... But..."

She was glad to be on Krasnyy, and leaned back into Hanus as they rose. She took a deep breath then let her eyes slide shut. Her hands wrapped around the pommel to study herself a little better than if she just rode. "I had hoped that wouldn't be the case, but so be it. We shall wait. You shall be taken care of, like the others."

"When you say it, I believe it... Though, I need nothing for now. Rest." He wraps his arms around hers, and grasps the reigns tightly, slowly moving Krasnyy to get ready for the journey ahead. He glances toward Kouri and nods, double checking to ensure his hood is on tight, as the presence of the Silver Shields made him uncomfortable.

Help for Sisera
(( @Kadaeux & @Slade & @Brovo ))​

As the others get ready to leave, Kouri walks back to Sisera, arm in arm with Samuel. She easily loses her grasp of Samuel to kneel beside Sisera, gently placing a hand on his chest and looking him in the eyes with a reassuring smile, though it wavered to see how pale his skin was. "We're going now, Sisera. Are you awake?"

Meanwhile, Samuel was busy calling Waral from wherever it was that his summons resided when not in use, or whenever it was, there was no easy way to tell.

Sisera, with effort, lifted his head up and slowly opened his eyes. His mental state could best be described as muddy. Everything seem to mesh together as if the events of his entire life had taken place within one insignificant day. He slowly wraps his fingers around her hand, taking note of their dainty, graceful features in comparison to his large clumsy hands. He lets out a slow, agonizing breath, "I'm up, I'm awake" he said in such a casual tone that was almost humorous considering his condition. He grimaced as he noticed the cut on Kouri's arm, "My apologies your highness that I could not prevent your injuries"

Kouri glances at her arm, mended by Kasienka, and shakes her head. "It's... Nothing. Injuries will happen... Remember, when I fell out of a tree, and you were there to help me?" She slowly starts trying to help him to his feet, gently, though struggling with his weight. "I'm going to help you this time... Just... Hang on. It's going to be okay. I won't let anything else bad happen to anyone today." She glances toward the approaching lizard, Waral, and nods appreciatively to Samuel. "Thank you, Samuel... It seems you knew what I was thinking."

"Waral is a big fellow, with you and I riding in the hammock on his face, there is room for wounded to travel on his back if we can fashion a crude... oh what do they call it, they use them on Elephants..." He thought for the word, "Howdah." Samuel said with a slight smile. "It is best to be careful."

"You were quite the adventurous child" Sisera said with a smile. With a pained grunt he stood up though putting any weight on his bad ankle slowed him down. This wasn't the worst injury he had put up with, but it was certainly up there. "I tried my hardest to keep you in my grasps, and yet you could always just slip away whenever you pleased." He let out a hearty, deep chuckle; it hurt to laugh but it was worth it. "In hindsight, I should consider it a great compliment that you didn't try to run off very often." He was clearly rambling but it wasn't mad ravings. It was spoken slowly and calmly, like memories and emotions would slowly pour out like a quiet stream of water. Everything in Sisera felt numb, including his mind; his normal defenses were not up. If Kouri wanted, she could ask him pretty much anything.

"All in all, you were quite a pleasant child to be around" Sisera murmured, his mind could not produce a finer understatement.

The smile upon her face wavered just a little further, uncertainty in her eyes as she guides Sisera toward Waral. "Samuel, help me get him on your beast... I will ride my own horse." She looks him, eye to eye, her tone lowering to a whisper. "Please."

Samuel nodded. "If he's this far gone," he whispered, "We're going to need to tie him across Waral's back. He can't use the hammock, I have to be there to guide him."

Sisera places one hand and leans against Waral so he could ease up on his bad foot. He briefly inspected the beast before muttering in astonishment "That's a big Lizard," his tone was almost like that of a child. His face however was just a blank stare, combined with his pale face he looked like death with his eyes reverting to a dull, lifeless look. Kouri and Samuel could easily tell his mind was somewhere else; reflecting on a memory or a strong emotion in his past that even Sisera couldn't remember in detail.

"The Angel must die" he said randomly, in a calm, taciturn voice. Then remained silent as he shifted more of his body weight against Waral.

Samuel sighed. "Do we have something to knock him out with?"

"I don't think we do." Kouri replies sombrely as she seems momentarily distant. She snaps herself out of it and turns toward Samuel. "Again, thank you."

"Gotta club?" He said with a wry grin. "C'mon milady, I don't think we want to loiter around here, while our 'travelling' companions seem to think that it's the Druids, I'd rather not trust them, they don't ring true to me..."

Dean & Kouri
(( @Orion & @Brovo ))​

Dean moves closely to Kouri for a moment. Sparing little more than a glance and keeping his voice low enough as not to travel. "Awful kind of you to welcome these Shields with such open arms, Karen. Given their task at hand and the friends they've brought, I can't say I'm very pleased with the call."

It seemed she was momentarily lost in her own thoughts as Dean approached, as the moment he spoke, she jumped in a little surprise. He would see a hint of stress in her expression before a smile melted it away. Her tone was equally hushed, though she kept her attention on the world around her, to avoid drawing attention to herself. "She repeatedly made the offer. I know of such things from noble courts: It means she will not take no for an answer, or she will take it as overly suspicious... As for what her kind represents, I do not know it well. Just, well know to know that her word is everything to her. They're a knight's order, that much I recognize... Those without honour, cannot be knights."

He resisted the urge to groan as Kouri spoke of the honour Knights held. "These knights work under the guidance of the Gods, and travel with an Angel. Given what you've encountered of that ilk, what would you say of knights in their employ? Your courtly manners should have been tossed aside just as your name was. If given the chance, I say we distance ourselves from them with haste." It was clear that he was growing more and more uncomfortable since the Shield's had arrived.

Kouri glances at Dean, sighs, and then clasps her hands behind her back, staring out toward the sky. "How much do you know about magic, Dean?"

"Admittedly not much. Enough to know that it's both wonderful and terrifying I suppose." One hand would rest upon the belt around his waist while the other fell to the pommel of his sword as he eyed Jennifer narrowly. "What I do know, or at least believe is that the honor of these Knights took shape in Rheinfeld. Your Gault. A thousand years might have passed but I assure you the roots don't seem to have strayed far. Not from my experience."

"If the roots have not strayed far, then they are still as honourable as they were back then." Kouri stated with confidence as she glances back to Dean. A little frost builds up around her sleeve, before falling to the ground and snaking its way through the grass to Dean's feet. "Times may have changed, but magic is timeless. As are its rules... Mages can feel the presence of one another. We all rely on the same source of power, so we can all feel the drain from it whenever another mage is nearby."

The little bit of frost freezes solid at Dean's feet, forming a ball that slowly rolls away from the pair, down the side of the hill and back toward the forest. "Jennifer is a mage... Not a weak one, either. I don't have all my powers back yet, but I can at least discern that much. If we try to fight her, she can likely call for help and tell whatever angel is looking for us that we're right here... So for now, we have to play along. I'm Karen, the aristocratic noble, returning home from a hunt for wealth... Why would Karen say no to someone offering a free service?"

"Because no one offers service for free, and Karen should know that by now." He watched her small feat of magic as she spoke of Jennifer's prowess. "I'm aware she's a mage. I told you all as much when I warned you of their approach. I'm not looking to fight them, but it doesn't serve us to hang about when their honor is ultimately sworn to those who would have you completely decimated. My immediate and growing concern is the safety of myself and of those who follow you, not playing nice with a holier-than-thou Silver Shield. The real question Karen should be asking then, is what will the eventual price of Jennifer's service be?" His gaze shifted from the Shields to the faces of the party themselves, particularly Baldrik. "I suppose it's fortunate there's at least someone willing to pay it for her."

Kouri glares angrily at Dean, her hands slowly curl into fists. For a brief moment, it looked like she was going to hit him, only instead, she closes her eyes, takes a deep but shaky breath, and unfurls her fists. "Non hoc tempus. Non crudelitatem. (Not this time. Not cruelty.)" She mutters under her breath, to calm herself. She opens her eyes, the anger was still there, behind what was normally a serene blue. "You hear nothing I say and yet try to pin blame on me for things which have not as of yet even happened. I told you already, if we decline, she will press forward, until we fight, and then she will call for help." It seemed she was momentarily going to continue, and say something cruel, though she hesitates and metaphorically bites her tongue instead. Her shoulders drop, as the frost around her sleeves dissipates. Anger melts to something akin to pain, though she tries to hide it. "Leave me be... Please."

Dean initially remained surprisingly calm as he watched Kouri tense. An instinct to prepare for a blow washed over him as Kouri seemed ready to strike and soon he was no doubt as taut as she was. As he replied he still did his best to keep his voice low. "I've heard every fucking word. I'm not saying we decline. I'm saying we take the first ticket away from them as it presents itself to us, and if you think I'm placing blame then you must believe me to be rather thick." His arms felt jumpy, like he was about to grapple with an enemy, or some other feral beast altogether. Turning away from Kouri he shook the feeling out of them. "But fine. Before I further push your temper, or you mine, I will leave..." He wanted to add some biting remark concerning Sisera, but realized bringing up the fact Baldrik was ready to die for her had already been a step too far. He exhales deeply as his own anger becomes frustration with himself. "Don't pull the punch next time though. I don't think Karen would be so kind. Must keep up the act afterall."

"I don't want to." Kouri mutters under her breath as she turns away, not just from Dean, but from everyone, to stare out toward the mountains around them.

"Heh, give it time. You'll get there." He retorted as he made his way back to his own horse to prepare for the next leg of their trek through the mountains.

To Follow The Wolves Of Angels...

As he finished checking over his equipment, Marcus watches Mikan approach with her horse and raises an eyebrow. "Are you really..." Mikan nods and giggles. "I'm not very comfortable riding by myself. So... Here." He takes the reigns without hesitation, and pats the horse gently on the head. He then leans in and starts whispering in the horse's ear, only for Mikan to blink in confusion. "You... Know, that's just a beast, right? He's going to fight you the whole time, stupid animal doesn't listen to anyone." Marcus, in the midst of her speech, finishes whispering to the horse and saddles himself atop him. The horse did not so much as even turn his head. Marcus looks down on Mikan, and merely smiles as he pats the horse on the neck and trots on past her. She rolls her eyes as Marcus yells back to her. "Be lucky that the Silver Shields came on foot, or you would be the fool left horseless in the distance behind us!" Mikan stares up at the sky, shrugs and sighs, and looks for Kouri.

Though she stood alone for a minute or so, a tap on the shoulder caused Kouri to turn and see the ever so familiar looking thief. "Mikan..." Kouri mutters softly, as her voice chokes. Mikan looks momentarily stunned, mouth agape for a moment, before closing wordlessly. The two nod to each other, as Kouri clears her throat and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. Tears had seemed to be welling up, though, she fought them back for the time being. "It's... Uh... Jennifer looks impatient, so..." Mikan manages to stammer out as she scratches the back of her head, looking down at her feet. Kouri rests a hand on her shoulder, a small smile on her lips, though her eyes looked far more tinged with pain. "I will be fine, for the time being. Let's go."

James, meanwhile, swings back up on his horse. Beatrice lands on his shoulder and screeches at him as Jennifer stares at him. He stares back at her. "Your bird... It is unnatural." James smiles, sweetly, as he looks at the young woman. "Your magic, equally so." Jennifer crosses her arms. "Is it?" James shrugs, and mimics her response, though uses his illusory magic to speak behind her. "Is it?" Jennifer didn't so much as flinch, instead glaring at him as he goes to be near the princess.

Hanus emerges on the back of Krasnyy, keeping a resting Kasienka in her arms. Though Jennifer momentarily glared at him, seeing Kasienka in such a vulnerable position, with no sign of him trying to attack her, and no sign of injury? She seemed to dismiss her own suspicions quickly, much to his relief... Though he felt the hunger within his veins, a dull pang of pain with every passing moment.

With the group assembled, Jennifer motions for the Silver Shields to form up with her. "We will walk ahead of you, and lead you as far as we can. Understand, Karen?" Jennifer states with a commanding tone, though Kouri seemed lost, staring at the neck of her horse. Jennifer snaps her fingers, a flash of light finally catching Kouri's attention. "Is there something wrong with you?" She asks, with Kouri shaking her head. "I apologize, I am merely tired. It has been a long journey." Jennifer shakes her head and turns away, motioning for the group to follow her. "It is lucky we found you when we did, then. Such distractions will get you easily killed in this place."

... Leads Only To Sorrow And Death

The group travelled for a couple of hours following Jennifer, though her troops kept a fast pace. The sun was slowly starting to become obscured by the mountains, as the mid afternoon melted away to the early evening. Some areas were shrouded in darkness, and others, bathed in rays of light turning more red every few minutes. They were making good progress, at least. At such a pace, they could cross the mountains in but another day or two of travel. Yet, the unsettling feeling that the magically inclined had, that they were being watched, persisted. Jennifer issues the order to stop, as another feeling altogether emerged.

A feeling that felt strangely betwixt soothing, and terrifying.

Something approaches from above the group, and the Silver Shields kneel down in respect to it. Kouri's eyes widen, as her entire body is gripped with terror. She presses on the reigns of her horse, and it instinctively takes a few steps backward, along with the rest of the group, putting several feet of distance between them and the Silver Shields, as an angel lands in front of Jennifer. His wings were large, a shining white. His armour gold, though the red light reflected off of it in a manner that gave it a sickening hue. His hands were behind his back, in a relaxed manner, as though he could care less about them. His golden eyes, intense to the level that a mere glance seemed as though it could rend a man in two, were upon Kouri. Her lips move, though sound barely manages to escape.

"Typhon."

He wets his lips with his tongue as a large smile grew across his lips. "My, Jennifer... Why are you escorting the enemy?" She turns, shocked and wide eyed, staring at Kouri. "Her? She... Is hardly a danger to anyone. I did not expect--" Typhon chuckles and puts a finger on her lips, silencing her. "Shhh, it is alright. She merely tricks you, disguising her power to manipulate your good will."

"Butcher." Kouri's tone filled with anger and fear, as her hands tighten around the reigns of her horse. "How dare you..." A look of incredulity crosses Typhon's face as he takes off above Jennifer, simply so he could look down upon them all from above. "How dare I? Funny, coming from you."

Hanus looks up at the angel and closes his eyes. He slips out of Krasnyy's saddle, and pulls out both of his throwing axes. "Slavnaya smert'. (Glorious death.)" He glances back up to Kasienka, and smiles widely. "When it comes time, take the princess and run. I will hold him off... It seems this will be my end." Marcus and Mikan, however, remain firmly rooted in place: Marcus with great anger in his eyes. Mikan, however, continued whispering the same thing, over and over. "Vater bitte über mich aufpassen. Bitte haben Sie Gnade... (Father please watch over me. Please have mercy...)"

James stared up at Typhon, without a hint of fear in his eyes. There was no hint of a smile either, as Beatrice caws in his ear. He pulls a dagger out of his horse's saddle bag, and cuts open his hand, as he prepares a spell, one of a darker nature. Beatrice's eyes turn from black to red, as she seemed involved in the spell...

Typhon laughs as he motions to her companions. "See? Even some of your own lack faith in you! Some of your own lack the desire to die for you! Including the King's Ranger!" Marcus does not look away from Typhon, as his hand slowly reaches for the handle of his blade. Jennifer looks back up toward Typhon, shock still clearly in her eyes.

"I remember what you did... The set of events you put into motion... The fear and terror you wrought upon the land with your childish defiance. I remember it, every day. Every moment. It is seared upon my mind, seared upon my heart... The punishment for my failure to stop the damage you caused to this world..." He rips off his golden chest piece, and throws it to the ground. The armour is dented with the sheer force of the throw, and his bare skin can be seen: Many scars laid upon it. "What you have done... The millions who paid in blood, fighting in your name..."

"Why not just end it then?" Kouri states, as she stares up at him. She swings her arms out, shaking, but still speaking. "End me, leave the rest here alive. Take your revenge."

Typhon's lips twitch, and then form into a snarl as his voice starts to shake with excitement. "I do not think you understand. You have blemished my honour, in ways I can never repair. The stain of your escape, the rebellions started in your name, the imitators... Oh, the numerous imitators... Every single one never quite sounded right when my hands were upon their throats. Every single one, just... A little too... Imperfect. Always denying me the pleasure of the real sounds. The real look in your eyes... But then, simple death would be a release for you, wouldn't it? A release from all the burdens you put upon this world. No... You... You are so much more than just a princess, now. You're a legend..."

Slowly, he pulls his hands out from behind his back. There, in his hands, were two decapitated heads, the skin having long since gone pale, eyes still open and devoid of life. A King's Ranger's head in his left hand, and Alexandra's head in his right hand. Kouri's lips quiver, her eyes tearing up upon the sight of them. "No matter whether they tell me what I want to know or not, they must die. All of them. Every single one of them. All of your followers, all of your history, every single King's Ranger... Understand this, princess! EVERYONE WHO YOU KNOW! EVERYONE WHO YOU TALK TO! ALL OF THEM ARE TAINTED! NONE CAN BE LEFT ALIVE! I won't just give you the mercy of death, I will force you to watch every single thing you care for, anyone who feels sympathy to you, I will destroy them. ALL OF THEM. EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF THEM AND I WILL MAKE YOU WATCH AS I SLIT THEIR THROATS AND WATCH THE LIFE LEAVE THEIR EYES! Only until you are so utterly broken that even being ravaged causes not a sound from your illustrious lips shall I rend the flesh from your neck and let you pass so that I might have your soul as a trophy in my realm! Your torture is the fantasy I have lived for, for the past thousand years, princess! Where I had to once settle for that pathetic, mewling servant of yours, I will now deign upon you!"

Kouri's arms drop to her sides, as she stares, gripped with sheer terror and disgust. Hanus' hands tighten on his throwing axes, as Marcus' hand rests on the handle of his blade. Mikan simply falls to her knees, and stares at the dirt, closing her eyes as she whimpers in fear. James waits, then stops his spell. Beatrice's eyes turn black again as he looks around the area. "There are others!" Typhon looks around as well, confused. "What foolish..."

The ground underneath their feet glows, green lines rapidly racing through it. The force from before was excreting its will, and it appeared to have immense power, as the green lines form a rune underneath the party's feet. "YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY VENGEANCE FROM ME!" Typhon snarls as he reaches for his holy blade, though before he could unsheathe it, the area around the party vanishes, and their vision becomes obscured in total darkness.

Proven Worthy

For a few moments, everyone remained in total darkness.

Then, without warning, light floods their senses, blinding them all momentarily as they're forced to adjust. As their senses quickly adjust, they would find themselves in a courtyard of some sort, with several trees scattered around them. They stood upon a large dirty path, more than accommodating for all of them, as though it were designed for creatures larger than them. Behind them, the trail simply ends a few feet away, and is closed off by more forestry. Ahead of them was a large building, akin to a mansion, three floors in height. Looking around, it seemed quite clear that the entire area was choked with forest, possibly for miles, yet the air they breathed was still clearly that of the frigid, mountainous kind. Those with magical talents, would feel as though they were momentarily stretched in every direction, the entire area felt soaked with magic.

Looking beneath their feet, James is the first to speak. "A teleportation spell... And a powerful one." He glances over to Alexander, and whistles with appreciation. "One powerful enough that it even took you along with us. Must be old magic, even before Kouri's time."

The sound of a pair of daggers unsheathing could be heard, as Mikan and others overhear tree branches moving with the wind, leaves rustling, trees groaning. "Eine Hexe Höhle... Der Vater hat einen grausamen Sinn für Humor. (A witch's lair... The Father has a cruel sense of humour.)" She looks around the area, daggers held close to her body, as fear was still clearly in her eyes.

Marcus looks around the area, confusion in his eyes. "Is this the realm of the mage that is our ally?... Far more powerful than Gregory implied." He remarks, seemingly mostly to himself.

It was then that a sudden gust of wind brings a large number of leaves swirling in front of the group. After a few moments, the leaves settle. A woman stands before them, with long brown hair, and green eyes. A simple, green dress, patterned with leaves, drapes from her shoulders to her ankles. Amaia, Tahlia, and Alexander could see through the visage of youth, this woman was old: Extremely old... And definitely not entirely human. Her eyes fall upon Kasienka, her lips curling upward into a warm smile of recognition. "Ça fait longtemps. Il est agréable de vous revoir, même si vous ne vous souvenez pas de moi, Kasienka. Reportez-vous à votre agenda. Vous trouverez mon nom, il y a environ quatre cents ans. (It has been a long time. It is nice to see you, even if you do not remember me, Kasienka. Refer to your diary. You will find my name there, about four hundred years ago.)"

Her eyes then fall upon Hanus, and the smile fades a little, though still remains. "If only you were here to stay with me." Hanus shakes his head, as he sheathes his throwing axes. "You know I cannot, and would not."

"What is this place?" Kouri asks, her voice still shaking, her eyes still staring up, as though Typhon was still there. The woman turns to the group, and speaks. "I will answer many questions in time. For now, know my name is Kiune. I am the leader of the druids in this land, and have been for a long time. This is my grove here, though I have others like it... Hidden in plain sight. Do not venture beyond into the woods, or you will be eternally lost. Behind me is my home, you may go anywhere on the first and second floors. The third floor is my private area, and the basement has prized possessions of mine, don't go there either. It's not safe for you. On the first floor you will find a large fire place, and hot baths. The second floor has rooms for you to sleep in. Beyond this house, is a large back area, with fresh air, and a place to chop more fire wood."

She looks at the group, and takes a step back, as the wind begins to pick up the leaves once more. "You will be safe here. You will not find me anywhere in my home, do not bother to search. When the time is right, I will be there to speak to you. For now... You may wish to confer among yourselves, how you will deal with the revelation that Typhon now hunts all of you, not just the princess anymore." Leaves once again swirl in front of the group, obscuring their sight of her for just a moment, but as quickly as she appeared, she vanished.

Kouri slowly dismounts from her horse, and pats him on the neck. She then starts walking away, wordlessly, toward the mansion, heading for the room with the fireplace to sit and soak in all the events that just transpired.

Marcus remains on his horse, contemplating his next move.

Mikan slowly sheathes her daggers, but still looks firmly insecure about the whole situation, and the general area around her.

James looks amused, and glances about at the group. "Well. That's sure convenient."

Hanus stands silently, only a couple feet from Krasnyy, still staring at where Kiune had been standing earlier. There was a grim look in his eyes: He did not seem to enjoy being here again.

Last edited:
Reactions: rusty4297
Wanderer Rahim - The Humbled Giant

Rahim had been caught off guard by the strange arrival of Typhon. He had no idea to what scale of martial prowess an Angel might possess, and before the meeting with Typhon, he was completely unaware of the gap between them. He was completely unaware of the sheer size of the wall between man and Angel. For Rahim, there was no challenge he could not surmount with a mix of skill, luck, and determination. It was his determination, after all, that had driven him from his homeland and into the world of the adventurer. Against any foe, he had always assumed that a sliver of a chance existed. On a good day, he would best Marcus in a contest of strength. On a good day, he might be able to fight Hanus and best him. On a good day, he would be able to crush a mage before their spells were slung, or before the poisoned dagger of an assassin might kiss his flesh. On a good day, he might even be able to take on Jennifer, who had bested the Orcish champion. It would be a feat as much down to luck, and the woman's overconfidence, but it would be possible; at least his heart told him so. When it came to the angel, his heart was silent. His soul was struck by a sudden sense of disquiet. There was no rallying cry, there was no certainty that if he fought the man 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times, he'd succeed at least once.

It was humbling, to say the least.

Rahim did not falter though. His pride was too great to flee. He had watched too many men act the mewling coward to those stronger than them. He insisted on dying with a weapon in hand, and on his feet. He looked over at those that mattered to him: To Marcus and Amaia, potential friends he wished to know more and to learn more about; To Mikan and Kouri, figures that gave him hope for a different sort of life than live-stock; To Hanus and Kasienka, creatures so strange and alien that he felt an immense sadness that he might not get a chance to know more. There were others, as well. People he had not yet given the time, or had the opportunity to learn about. It was a shame.

His eyes briefly lingered then on Jennifer. He had meant what he'd said to her. In another time, they could have been friends, allies in arms even. He had very much been hoping to spar with her someday.

He started to chant in his native tongue; aware that none would know what he was saying, and merely saying it for his own sake. The grip on his axe tightened as Typhon's rant grew more venomous. He wanted to lash out at the angel; cut off his venom spitting head and split open his bile-filled guts. The bubbling rage was constantly egging him on; ushering him into attacking the spitting cobra. Only his common sense told him how effortlessly the Angel would cut him down. He may have exposed his chest, but Typhon would annihilate him if he wasn't careful. He had to wait for an opportunity, a distraction, a moment of weakness, or of…

The green light on the floor suddenly distracted Rahim. His eyes squinted in protest to the sudden brightness as he watched the Angel reach for its weapon. He wanted to strike then, while the man was distracted. It would be the perfect opportunity, would it not? He paused; willing his legs to kick the horse forward. He wanted to blood the man. To wound the Angel. Make him seem mortal…and yet his body wouldn't move.

…Then, Darkness enveloped them all.

Whatever had transpired, they were not dead. He could hear the breathing and muttering of the others who had formed Kouri's party. He looked around, seeing nothing but darkness and sniffing the air to try and smell the world around them. It smelt stange…

Before he could figure anything out, light blinded him, and he scarpered to try and stop himself from being ambushed by whatever was coming. When his eyes had fully adjusted, he saw a forest, and a mansion, and a beautiful woman seemingly wreathed in leaves and as youthfully beautiful as any other. Rahim felt his grip loosen as he paused to listen…just listening for now. The woman explained rules for this strange new realm, and suddenly Rahim was less sure that they were all alive. A strange garden, brought before them by an unknown benefactor? Certain areas forbidden to those that would otherwise walk it free and unhindered? Things did not sit well with the Amazon, but he was not one to deny that the alternative was almost-certain death.

When Kiune finished speaking, Rahim sighed and slung his axe onto his shoulder in his normal, passive stance. "Well…That took a foul turn." Without another word, Rahim made his way towards the Mansion, following after Kouri, mostly by accident. He was curious about this strange new realm, and the suggestion of cutting wood pleased him. Physical labour would sooth him, right now, and it would distract him from the strangeness of events-just-done.

Reactions: rusty4297
This was not worth the sword.

Cennick thought back to his first meeting with that one-armed bastard, Mister Fischer as he so mundanely called himself. He remembered as the man sought him out in that opulent tavern in the heart of the Liverian capital, the young duelist, fresh from a contract that had earned himself a hefty sum, was a awash in the finest brandy he could afford and didn't bother questioning the intent of gaudily dressed Rheinfelder that approached him, smiles and compliments freely flowing along with the liquor. He wrapped his iron prosthetic around the younger man's shoulder and promised him an opportunity only a madman would give up, the chance to quest with legends. The chance to stand among them, eventually rising up to become one of them. However, Cennick was smart, or at least he thought he was. If something sounded to be too good to be true it probably was, so he rejected Fischer's initial offer and that would be that. At least until he brandished a magnificent sword, great in craftsmanship magic in nature. A bit of assurance he was dealing with a man who could really make good on his promises.

The very same sword he was brandishing when Typhon appeared. Oh, how suddenly did that magnificent blade go from a kingly prize to a bit of glowing metal, he might as well have been wielding a stick of tin for all the good it did at that moment as the archangel spouted hatred so absolute that even the judgemental duelist couldn't fully wrap his head around it. He was, to put it bluntly, fucked. The claymore trembled in his hands as Typhon went on his preamble, a mercifully long prologue to what would have been an embarrassingly short battle.

Fuck this.

Fuck Typhon.

Fuck Kouri.

Fuck Fischer!

Then all went black. Cennick's first instinct was to assume he was dead, but he felt distinctly not. A sentiment that was proven true when he was finally deposited in front of some forest manor along with the others. Safe and sound. The claymore dropped from his hands and the rest of him soon followed, his legs giving out and his body crumpling to the ground.

The grass felt nice against his skin, what little was exposed at least, and he thought what Mikan had said about enjoying what little he could get. How he needed to make friends, a bracket that had suddenly become very limited. An unintended bond with all the rabble against an invincible enemy, an already impossible task that had somehow become even more impossible. There was so much to worry about, but the duelist's energy had been spent. Instead he occupied his mind with the softness of the grass below and the beauty of the trees above.

It was nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander Reumann
"You done goofed'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With his injured horse taken care of and the hostile situation resolved Alexander found himself remounting his riding horse as the now slightly larger group made its way through the mountains. The pace was high but not too demanding of the veteran, even though he travelled in full armour. Suddenly however Alexander felt his magical resistance pick up something and he froze in the saddle, fearing the worst. Before he could even think of another mage ambushing them, Jennifer ordered them to stop. When all the Silver Shields suddenly knelt down while a shadow appeared over their heads, the sight of a true angel filled his view. When Kouri uttered his name, Alexander was frozen with terror, yet all he could think was; "Apparently another mage ambush was not the worst thing that could've happened."

As the situation unfolded himself Alexander struggled to drop the heavy cloak of fear that had fallen over the entire group. He prided himself on resisting the foul, manipulative influences of Heavens and Hells alike, and on the fact that he would fight his fate untill the bitter end. Yet now, when faced with an actual reprensentative of that which he fought, his wits deserted him and his only instinct was to flee. As the angelic face of Typhon distorted into a mask of unfeigned and absolute hate and rage Alexander heard a tiny voice call from within that if he ever wanted to prove his worth as a person, to reconcile for all the crimes he comitted in the name of faith, he would have to stand here as a man.

With shaking hands he drew his sword with a slow and determined movement all the while trying to ignore his parched throat. He had given up on controlling his reaction of fear, but he steeled his resolve and regained control of his wits. He felt suddenly at peace. He would die a brave man, true to his ideals. The fear fell off of him like the weight of his armour when unbuckled, and left a fresh, but frightening feeling of having nothing to lose.

Suddenly something seemed wrong. The angel halted his irrational speech and the illusionist's bird cawed. He felt his magical resistance flare up, heavier than ever before, and knew it to be overpowered with ease. Fear gripped him once more as he went blind and a snicker escaped through his frail courage. And then there was light. He opened his eyes, blinking rapidly, finding the oppressive presence of the angel gone, and the decor changed to a lush forest clearing. An old hag spoke to them with kind words as his heart rate settled down, and he was too shocked to speak. He allowed himself to be soothed by her words and welcomed the fact that he was still alive, and he sheathed his sword once more. The old woman disappeared in a torrent of leaves, and Alexander frowned at the magic glowing beneath their feet that James hinted towards. Suddenly it dawned to him.

They were in the hands of a witch. Fear spread through his body like a poison.

Baldrik Larsson stared into sky as he felt a sudden, powerful figure approach. He looked around, his senses pointing towards the fact that something was wrong. That, was when Typhon decided to make his entrance. "Mördaren Utav Dom Oskyldiga bestämde sig att visa sitt ansikte idag, ser jag (The Murderer of the Innocents has decided to show his face today, I see)." Baldrik looked over towards the figure, seemingly unphazed as he prepared for the combat that was to take place ahead of him... Atleast, until he began a monologue. Baldrik looked between Kouri and Typhon, and given his family's history, he knew exactly why Typhon wanted Kouri so much. The mere thought of reason that was involved within that Sicko's mind poisoned Baldrik's reasoning capabilities. He'd have spat at him, if he didn't consider the spit to be too precious to waste upon such an Angel. After hearing the evil that came out of Typhon's mouth, Baldrik decided to reply: "You sick, lustfilled bastard of an Angel! Know this, that the last of the bloodline that stopped your vengeance against Kouri a millennia ago stands with her once more! And just as my Ancestors and their comrades did, I shall ensure that no harm ever comes to her! Do you understand that, you wretched filth!" His voice did not hint towards any direct form of fear, although one could tell by his shaking hands that he was filled with adrenaline. He reached over for the Handle of his Sword as he prepared for the worst. That was, atleast, until his conciousness began to fade- The very dimension that they had been apart of felt like it was being torn asunder, and yet he felt oddly enough calm with the whole process. Atleast, until he lost conciousness.

[A Collaboration between @West and @Abraham Lincoln]​

Once he did wake up again, he found himself in a courtyard of some sorts. Had he somehow been able to escape from Typhon himself..? He would have lied incase he tried to tell anyone that he wasn't scared, as he knew very well that seeing the Angel of Death obviously ment yours was coming soon as well. Baldrik Larsson sighed with relief, his body had lost the adrenaline that the angel Typhon had sent coursing through his body. He felt a sense of relief, and was at last calm. A part of him however was scared of Jennifer's well being. She might be apart of the Silver Shields, but why would Typhon spare her now, after his monologue? Baldrik sent a quiet prayer to her, before approaching Marcus. He wanted answers from him first, before he went to talk with Kouri. "Marcus. Do you know anything more about Typhon that I might not, and which of the gods that he serves? After all, I don't believe there's only two in this world."

"I do not know how many Gods there are. I have never cared for religion to solve my problems..." Marcus turns and looks Baldrik eye to eye. "Mikan can likely tell you more, she's the religious one... Though, of what I do know? He serves the King among the Gods."

"Yes, she is the religious one, but she follows the doctrines of this era's, not of Renalta's. She will only know of the Religions in which this world possesses, and I already know of them: The Mother, and the Father. The Caregiver, and the Protector." Baldrik looked over towards Mikan, before sighing. "Do you know of why she has... such interests, in nearly all of the men aboard this journey? I mean, doesn't the gods disapprove of numerous intercourses with other men?"

"Past or present, the Gods remain largely the same, so far as I am aware." Marcus glances toward Mikan, then looks back to Baldrik with an amused expression. "As for her adventurous attitude toward men, I cannot comment but that you should perhaps ask her yourself."

Baldrik's stare over at Marcus signalized his curiousity had been peaked, and that he would do just as he had suggested. Realizing what that might entail, Baldrik felt blood rush towards his cheeks, turning them into a bright red. He shakes his head swiftly to the sides, and replies to Marcus "Uh, it's best if I hold that off. I don't know what else to talk with her about, and, you know, it would be just creepy to approach her just to ask that question. On a better note, perhaps I ought to speak to Kouri. She wanted to tell me something earlier... I hope I don't annoy her by calling her the Messiah, it just feels odd not to do so, after all those nights of praying to her."

"She is not a goddess." Marcus replies bluntly as he continues to stare at Baldrik. "Your prayers were not heard, and I doubt she finds any joy in being compared to those who wish for her end."

The words he spoke hurt Baldrik. Out of no where had he suddenly stabbed Baldrik, and he felt a sense of betrayal wash over him. As much as Baldrik wanted to defend his practices, he knew better than to anger his ally. "Well... Fine, I'll talk with her then." He walked away from Marcus, his mouth tainted with the taste of Iron. He approached Kouri, and greeted her; "Princess. You wished to speak with me?"

Kouri stops just short of the door into the mansion, turning and looking back to Baldrik. She was still visibly shaken, her hands coated in sweat. "About?"

"Oh, I am sorry... We can take it later if you'd like. It was just regarding, well... The whole messiah thing." Baldrik retreated slightly from her when he realized her current state, looking at her with a sense of worry.

"... I am not a messiah." Kouri replies softly, her blue eyes filled with doubt as she looks at Baldrik, eye to eye. "I know not of what your family must have filled you with, but you must understand." She points to his family's blade at his waist. "That is merely a blade. I am merely a person, long displaced from time... I have the power to banish the Gods, but I am mortal, and fallible, and hurt." She raises her wounded arm. "Hurt in many ways, mostly within. When this is all over I cannot promise a paradise nor can I promise to suddenly solve all of the world's problems. I want to banish the Gods, not become them."

Baldrik looked into her eyes. Those perfect marbles of eyes as she essentially broke down everything that he had been taught. Those countless hours of training, of reading, essentially everything that had been forced upon him, had apparently been all in doubt. His world had crashed in as an overwhelming darkness had begun to swallow it. He couldn't understand, his mind refused to. He tried to keep calm, even though it was clear by his facial expression that Kouri had hit him right in the center of mass "I-I..." he quickly began thinking over at another thing that he had been told- she would have chosen to be in a mortal form for this mission, but that's when he realized there was a gaping hole in that theory: Why would any god choose mortality? "Kouri, I... never ment you'd be like the gods, not once. The reason I did, all of those things were because you were so different from them... But, is that perhaps also a lie, that my family conjured up to me?" He had sworn his services to her, but that only came to seve to add more to his frustration as he realized that he was bound to her under what he thought he knew of her. He awaited her response, his eyes softening up to reveal just what was hidden in the person in which they belonged A wreck of a religious child.

"No." Kouri states simply, a bit confused though otherwise barely keeping herself together. "I am no god, and never have been. I am just a mortal person, born with loving parents. I hope to free this world from the tyrany of the Gods and restore my kingdom and its noble principles thereafter. Where the Gods seek to rule through fear, I seek to rule through compassion. Where they seek to rule forever, I will rule only for the term of my lifespan. That is the difference."

Baldrik had been slightly enraged at her first response. Here she was, speaking of these kind notes after having betrayed him. Why had she lied to him-... But, realization kicked in. He felt enlightenment beam in through the Sword attached to his belt. In the end, she had never lied to him. She had never wronged him, while it was his parents that was at fault. He felt his breath grow a bit dragged as his emotions was showing themselves, before nodding quietly. It wasn't this poor girls fault. He had somehow been raised to be fanatical, while Kouri just simply was disturbed why what he was saying. He had doubted Kouri, and... he was close to trying to strike her down by his impatience and anger, but especially his feeling of hopelessness. "I-I'm... I'm sorry, Kouri. I, I understand what you mean. And, you know what: I'm glad you said it in the way you did." Baldrik lowered himself down once more, removing his sword from his sheathe and quickly shoving it down into the ground infront of him and Kouri. He kneeled down infront of her and spoke clearly with a shamed tone: "If your answer was the same you gave to those who served you a millenium ago, then I will as well. Mortal or Not... Your kindness still shows. Please, I beg for your forgiveness, I- I must have been... a, fanatic. An insane follower who spoke without knowing. I, guess a part of my pride has already been torn apart, too late to tell everyone else how foolish I was... I beg of you, for my Ancestors, for Renalta, but most importantly: for you, for forgiveness."

"Apology accepted." Kouri replies simply, as she takes a step back, and bows her head respectfully. She was still shaking, it was clear she was not in a good place at this point in time. "These are strange times, Baldrik. I am still glad for your aid, just know that I am not what you thought I was... And for that, I am sorry." She turns away, and quietly but quickly enters the mansion.

Baldrik had no idea what to do from there, he saw her quickly enter the mansion, but... He wasn't in any position to rush after her. He was just as shaken as her now, not for that fact an Angel was hunting them: But because he had ruined his odds of forming any form of friendship with the others. Mikan might've been an option, but... What would she think of him? He had no clue, and thus: simply remained sitting there by his sword, staring at it's blade. After a few minutes had gone by however, he decided to pull his sword back up from the ground, raise himself back up: And retreat back into the comforts of the House, to the nearest fire-place to hide himself within, trying to comfort himself privately now that his mind had begun to re-think about his decisions in life, having filled them with previous thoughts of happiness, was now replacing it with regrets.

Tahlia, Faolan, & Amaia Nekane
A collab between @Holmishire and @Jorick.

Amaia slipped off her horse with fumbling movements, managing to land on her feet by sheer luck. Her eyes were held wide open and her skin had gone all pallid and clammy. She had to force herself to blink, then realized the dull pain in her chest was from holding her breath, so she concentrated on just breathing for a while. Some time passed, she wasn't sure how long, and then she started looking around. Others had already left it seemed, taking advantage of the druid's offer of hospitality. The brief though of the druid, and what she had rescued them all from, almost set Amaia back to staring at nothing, but she shook it off and cast about for something to distract her.

She spotted Tahlia nearby, struggling with Faolan.

Her horse abandoned shortly after the group's arrival at Kiune's realm, Tahlia could be seen fighting to restrain Faolan. Though she had managed to push him a safe distance from the others, his eyes were wide with fear, and he thrashed about in her arms as if feral. After having felt a touch of Typhon's immense power through Tahlia's telepathic connection, it was clear that the mind of the man had been overcome by the dire wolf within.

Tahlia, for her part, had replaced her fear with worry over her husband's state of mind. Her cheeks were wet with tears as she muttered quietly to him, trying to get him to calm down.

It took Amaia a few seconds to register the fear of the beast and the tears on the woman's face, but once they clicked into place Amaia hurried over to them. She flopped gracelessly onto her knees beside Faolan, on the side opposite Tahlia, and reached out to pat him on the shoulder. "Come on Faolan, you're okay, pull yourself together." She tried for a commanding, cajoling tone, but her shaking voice turned it into more a plea than anything else.

Faolan swung his head around to face her, snapping his teeth at her touch, but did not bite. A glint of recognition graced his eyes, though still wide with fear. He continued to struggle and growl for a few more moments, but as he began to take in his newfound surroundings, his movements slowed and he began to settle into the grass, panting.

Amaia flinched at the wolf's sudden move, but kept her hand steady on his shoulder and was relieved to see the snapping teeth stop short of her flesh. She kept her hand there as he calmed down, patting him lightly in an attempt to give what nonverbal comfort she could.

The wolf had realized now that the danger to himself—and to Tahlia—had passed. Unfortunately, any sign of Faolan's typically keen mind had yet to show itself.

Tahlia slumped back from her grip around the wolf's neck, coughing out a last sob. Battered and dirty from her efforts, she looked over to Amaia. "I'm sorry, he doesn't—this isn't him. He doesn't mean to..." her voice trailed off, hoarse from exhaustion.

It took Amaia a second to realize Tahlia was speaking to her, and a few more to hurriedly recall what had been said. She sat there silently for a little while, staring blankly at the other woman, before blinking and clearing her throat.

"Right. I know. He's just..." She trailed off, fishing for the right word without any success. "We're all a little messed up after that. I can barely hold on to a thought without remembering..." She trailed off again, but quickly shook her head and continued, peering closely at Tahlia. "Are you gonna be okay? Not trying to be rude, but you look like shit."

Tahlia winced as she looked at her bare arms. "I'm only bruised, I-I'll wash up later." Having lent her thick cloak to Sisera, she wore modest rider's fare, now covered in grass and dirt stains. When she spoke again, her voice was still strained, as if she was trying to convince herself of her own words. "He'd never hurt me for real, but… This is the worst he's ever gotten. If James can't—I'm not sure I'll be able to control him next time."

Amaia opened her mouth to say something about how Faolan might indeed hurt Tahlia, intentionally or no, but she stopped short and her brow furrowed as she pivoted in an entirely different direction. "James? The creepy guy with the bird? What's he got to do with this? Did he do something to Faolan?"

"What?" Tahlia looked to Amaia in confusion. "No, no, of course not. Why would he? He's promised to fix him, told me his condition isn't stable." She designated the messy condition she was already in. "And I'm having a hard time doubting his warnings. But he said he needs help—he doesn't know the magic yet."

"Oh." Amaia looked to Faolan, then back to Tahlia, frowning. "James doesn't seem to me like the kind of person who would, y'know, help someone. Especially not just for the sake of helping. He reminds me of the men I always saw peddling miracles in Liveria, claiming they could sell you a charm to ward off sickness or vampires or so on." She huffed out a humorless laugh. "The only ones that actually did something came from witches, and they definitely didn't do anything good. James seems like the type who'd play with evil to get what he wants, and I wouldn't trust someone like that if I were you."

"I thought so too, at first, but he's here, isn't he? Risking his life in this Gods-forsaken mission like the rest of us. I have to trust him." She glanced at Faolan, who was finally returning to some measure of awareness, before turning back to Amaia. "What other choice do I have?"

Amaia sat in silence for a short period. She was tempted to give Tahlia what she saw as the hard reality, that she'd extended Faolan's life unnaturally and would have to let it go at some point, perhaps better sooner than later to avoid any unfortunate wolfish incidents. Instead she thought hard on that question, grateful to have something new to focus her mind upon, and she was surprised to come up with two answers rather quickly. They weren't ideas Amaia personally liked much, but they sounded better than trusting someone who probably practiced the evil sorts of magic.

"That elf, Kasienka, is supposed to be some great healer. If the problem is something that can be fixed without resorting to a bargain made with dark forces, maybe you two can work it out together. Or there's the druid who saved us. Druids are supposed to know all sorts of things about animals and nature and things, and she seemed really strong. Maybe she could do something, or point you in the direction of someone or something that can help. And you should talk to him about this." Amaia reached out and ran a hand along Faolan's furry back, indicating the wolf as the one she was referring to. "Is he okay with you getting tangled up with James just for his sake? The magician could be lying to you about being able to help just to manipulate you, or his form of help could be some kind of evil that you won't know to regret until it's far too late. I think you should at least explore all your options before relying on a slimy person like James."

Faolan shook himself awake, taking a moment to process what Amaia had said and determine the subject of their current deliberation, before turning to Tahlia expectantly.

"He's… He's willing to take the risk. James may be odd, but I—we—don't think he means us any ill will. Really, I don't see why you distrust him so ardently. Do you have some sort of history with illusionists?" She scratched behind Faolan's ear with one hand and wiped away at the dried tear-streaks beneath her eyes from earlier with the other. It seemed she had mostly calmed down now. "Still, I see no harm in asking for help from others. I doubt there's anything Kasienka can do, or she would have offered by now, but the druid." Tahlia glanced around. "You didn't happen to see where she went, did you? I was so… distracted that I didn't even catch her name."

Amaia shook her head. "She said her name was Kiune, and she just said to stay out of the basement and third floor before disappearing. Also said we wouldn't find her if we searched, but she'd show up again when she felt like it."

She almost let the topic of James drop entirely, but then she figured another try to put some caution in Tahlia's mind was for the best. It took her a moment of chewing on her bottom lip in concentration to think of the best way to explain it. "I don't have any problem with illusionists, it's James himself that worries me. It's a sense that I've picked up over the years, like in Liveria I learned to read the smells of the city. Lots of times alleys would have some foul smelling things in them, midden heaps and dead things and corners some of the street kids filled with piss and shit, all sorts. Someone new to the city would walk past those alleys and never know what was lurking in them, couldn't pick out those nasty scents from everything else in the air, wouldn't know to avoid those alleys until they walked close enough to get a real direct smell of it." Amaia let out a brief chuckle, recalling seeing that exact scenario a few times before. "I learned that skill, and I learned something similar with people after dealing with liars on the streets and after learning to be a Witch Hunter. I can't tell you exactly what is giving off that reek when it comes to James, but I wouldn't trust him to prepare my dinner, much less save someone I love. I can't stop you from doing what you think is best, but just... be careful with him, okay?"

Tahlia pushed herself off the ground. "What the hell's gotten into you? We're being chased by a Gods-blessed angel and you're trying to make James the enemy? I know none of us have had the luxury of knowing one another for long, but we're all here for the same reason." She did not raise her voice, but was clearly annoyed. "Enough is enough. If I were so paranoid as to not even be able to trust a King's Ranger, I wouldn't be here in the first place."

Amaia grimaced and stood up, shaking her head. "I'm just being realistic. Someone being a King's Ranger doesn't mean they're a good person or that they wouldn't hurt you. They were all ready to kill us all if they decided Kouri was a fake, and it sounded like they killed a bunch of others before us for getting caught up with a fake. They had James cause they needed his skills to help hide them, not because he's a good guy. He--" She cut herself off with an annoyed sigh. "Arguing about this won't help anything. I'll just keep my thoughts to myself in the future."

A flash of regret crossed Tahlia's eyes as she bit her lip. She opened her mouth then paused, thinking it over, and closed it again. She turned away from Amaia, facing the druid's home. "Maybe that's for the best," she said, her voice pained, and she began to move towards the building.

Faolan merely sat up, choosing not to follow her.

Amaia simply stood there and let her leave without saying anything more. After a while of this silence, she looked over to Faolan with a heavy sigh, shoulders slumped and exhaustion written on her face. "Well, good luck. I hope for your sake she knows what she's doing." She gave the wolf a halfhearted wave in farewell and headed toward the mansion as well, though off on a course to walk around it rather than to enter the front door.

The wolf stayed behind, looking up at the sky in what could be either exasperation or dejection.[/hr]

Dean

They traveled from that point in relative silence, at least in Dean's view they did. The presence of the Shields still bothered him, but at least his fears of conflict between the groups was beginning to seem unfounded. He had even noticed some of their party members fraternizing with the Shields, that had irked him at first. To think some would be willing to risk the thin veil they had managed to wave in front of the Shields eyes was a troublesome thought, but one that as they continued he grew less concerned with.

As hours passed Dean's eyes grew narrow from boredom, and he felt as if he were sinking into his saddle. He yawned frequently, but was content as the silence brought with it a chance for some small amount of rest. The sun dipped and shadows spread, and Dean was exceedingly grateful when Jennifer called for the group to stop. That sentiment lasted no longer than it took for the figure to descend from the sky. It floated to the ground in much the same way Dean had always imagined an Angel would: Regal, elegant and obviously powerful, and this one appeared even more so given his golden armor and overall demeanor. Dean immediately snapped awake in his horse. As the Shields knelt to the Angel before them and the Angel himself seemed focused on other things, Dean slipped his hand back to the latch on which his bow hung. It didn't take a genius to realize this would not go well.

His nightmare was realized as Kouri revealed the Angel to be none other than Typhon himself, and the two had a heated exchange "You must be fucking kidding me." Dean said aloud, hoping his voice didn't sound too shaky. Typhon's proclamation that those in Kouri's party would be hunted did little to phase Dean as he'd figured that to be the best case scenario since joining the group. However seeing the Angel up close and hearing the power behind his voice Dean saw little hope, and felt death fast approaching. Fighting it seemed almost futile. Typhon's story told itself in the scars and wounds etched across his bare skin. This was a man possessed, and with the power he held there was little that could stop him.

Still the bow had wormed itself into his hand. In his mind he'd already lined up a shot as his hand clutched desperately for an arrow to notch. He may not bring the Angel down, but he wouldn't die a coward.

Then darkness.

What magic surrounded them Dean couldn't be sure, but he did know it wasn't natural. He quieted his horse, retook control of his breathing and closed his eyes. Listening to everything around him. Of course there were the sounds of the others, which served to relax him knowing they were still alive for the time being, but outside of that there was nothing and it unnerved him. Suddenly a pleasant light filled the void around them and he saw the Grove take form. He listened half heartedly to what Kiune said, more focused on the environment they had just left and if they'd still be followed in here.

He noticed he had released the bow and was now instinctively gripping the hilt of his sword tightly. Given the apparent safety he allowed his grip to slacken and tried to appear at least mildly calm. As the group was released to do as they please Dean found he wasn't too interested in anything the others would offer him at the moment and instead set out to explore this new area.

Tahlia Wether & Baldrik Larsson
A collab between @Holmishire and @West.

It had been some time since the arrival at the clearing, and many of the adventurers had now settled down. Tahlia spotted Baldrik sitting by the fireplace, and knelt down to join him. She was still a little stiff from her earlier tussle with Faolan, with a few noticeable bruises running along the lengths of her exposed arms. She pulled a corked bottle from the satchel slung over her shoulder, and passed it back to Baldrik. "Thank you. There was already little I could do for Sisera in his condition, but reducing his pain meant a lot." She glanced back at the fire, thinking back to his scars. "He seems to have suffered so much already."

Baldrik Larsson looked over at the corked bottle, and it took him a few seconds to understand that what he was staring at, was actually something that belonged to him. He reached over for it and took ahold of it, and realising it's contents: He quickly opened it up and took a good swig of it, it's burning content scoarching his throat in the process in an effort to try and comfort himself. After what he had been apart of, he seriously needed it. He nodded once to Tahlia, her words sort of blowing over her ears, before he realized that they were regarding Sisera. He put one and two together, and came up with an answer: "Yeah. It's just as he said; Loyalty brings forth a lot of pain on yourself. That, and well, he and Princess Kouri knows each other on a personal level. Meaning they're from the same era..." Baldrik had wondered since Sisera showed up just how he survived all those years, since Kouri had done so by being frozen in a lake- Sisera, was not so simple to understand. "Well, guess that's that, anyway." Baldrik's eyes darted towards the fire place in a sheep-ish manner, as if he was trying to hide something. "Where'd you learn to treat others?"

She frowned at how quickly he set about drinking, but opted not to pursue the matter. "Before I left Rheinfeld, I was a priestess of the Mother. I was supposed to succeed Adva as the healer of my village, but—it seems I was granted a different fate." Tahlia also then looked to the fire, enjoying its warmth. "You too are a foreigner to Renalta? It must have been some great luck for you to find your way here, only to enlist in a mission where even the Gods look down on us with hatred."

"My Flesh is foreign. My Soul is not." Baldrik looked over towards Tahlia, giving off a deep sigh. "My ancestors served in Kouri's personal Guard a millennia ago. They swore the oath to aid Kouri until their very end, and... Well, they passed that oath down generation to generation. It's said that they had seven children, but six of them sheepishly ran away from that oath, whilst the seventh stayed and swore his allegiance to Kouri. Ever since then, his teachings had been passed down from generation to generation- until it ended up at me." Baldrik took another swig of the alcohol, bitterly swallowing it before adding: "I was taught throughout my entire life that Kouri's life was the most important thing in the entire World. That mine paled in comparison, and that my death would be necessary for her to live. Ever since I could understand my father's tongue, and my mother's whip, have I believed that. And now, the day in which I was going to finally live up to those beliefs, to those ideals... The person I was sent to look for, told me bland-out that she was just as normal as me." Baldrik raised himself up from the fire place, staring into it's flame, before reaching over for the bottle once more, chugging another round before slowly putting it back down. "I mean, how do you react to that? All those years of pain and training, and when the moment arrives: She just flat out says that me coming to help her was just a coincidence, and not decided upon by some greater power."

Tahlia eyed the bottle warily—from what Baldrik had said, it was supposed to be some strong stuff, and he wasn't exactly being judicious with his servings. "Coincidence or not, you're here, and so is she." She spoke hesitantly, as if hoping to avoid hurting him further. "It's hard to have your faith upset like this—I won't tell you what to believe about Kouri. But maybe you should think about why your ancestors devoted themselves to the princess. If she hadn't stood up to Typhon before, I doubt she'd've had the same influence. It's not who she is that inspired them, but what she did, what you've now done. If you can't fight for her, then fight for them–your ancestors made you their champion. Are you not worthy enough to pursue your own purpose?"

"... I wish I knew why they did." He sat himself back down as he felt the weight of the alcohol kick in on his shoulder, knocking him slightly off balance. He shook his head quietly, before adding: "And in all honesty, think of it like this: My Ancestors needed around two hundred liveses, before we finally reached the day and age when Kouri returned. I mean, sure, I got to serve 'er and all that. Buuuuut..." His tongue seemingly had been mangled as he tried to talk through his sentences, the numbness of the alcohol had begun to spread throughout his body rather rapidly. He leaned backwards, and gave out a deep sigh as he tried to get a grasp on reality once more. "I mean, a lot of people died before she finally did arrive, and, like, there was that... that whip..." It was definently appearing that the Alcohol was taking it's full-on effect on him now as he began a sudden drunken rambling. "Ah... Tahlia. What's your purpose for aiding her... as mine was believing she was a religious figure, and my ancestors serving her previously... And, well... she's a bit cute."

She raised an eyebrow at the last bit, but opted to give him the answer he sought. "Honestly, my being here was nothing more than a sign of my own idiocy. I thought myself up to the task, willing to take on anything if it meant that I could put my faith in something again. Now, I have little choice—if Typhon does not strike us down himself, I…" Realizing that he was probably too far gone to even make sense of what she was saying, she paused. "Well, I have other reasons for needing to tag along." She moved closer to where he was seated and wrapped an arm around his back to support him, smiling, though her eyes held concern. "It's been a tough day for all of us—maybe it's time we moved you to bed."

"Though day... Aye, it has been... naut for me, but Kouri... I mean, I'm such a fool." Baldrik was raised upwards with the aid of Tahlia, nodding a bit at random intervals as the alcohol seemed to have knocked out most of his reasoning. He looked over towards her as his intoxicated mind tried to decipher the words that Tahlia was saying, before coming to the conclusion it'd be as hard as deciphering the meaning of life. "You know... I think I'll be having that alcohol close to me for a while now... I like when head's too numb to think about everything that's happened. The truth was definently there, just plain out and simple. As of this moment, he was too emotionally scarred by his encounter with Kouri that he'd want to either forget it ever took place, or drown in the strongest of alcohols to atleast kill the memories. During this internal argueing within his own mind, he decided it had become a bit too depressing, and thus began to sing what sounded like an old folk-song, and given the man the tune came from, it none the less sounded relatively well in it's own foreign way:

"Tonight, I had a great ol' dream, I had a peaceful rest!
I dreamt about a peaceful world, where everybody was gay!
And o' there they had a great meeting, where everyone came!
There we all agreed upon, a world of peace where we spoke:
There are no more soldiers left, no there are no more guns!
And our next kin will not know, the word 'Military'.
And the people walked from pub to pub, hands held closely together!
There they drank, and had a feast, for there are no worries left!
"

The Song seemed to have soothed the saddened Baldrik, as he felt a smile grow widely on his face. Had he not been trained to become a soldier, he'd have probably tried to become a Bard. None the less, he couldn't change it anymore. He turned his eyes over to Tahlia and spoke: "Heh... Was a bit difficult singing... I had to translate all of that for you to understand... You know, perhaps we can still achieve such a world... Let's sleep and have a go at it tommorow! After all, Kouri might not be immortal, but she can- we all can do it! Just work together, drink, sleep, feast..." Baldrik's understanding of language seemed to have faded as he began to mumble to himself, although by the looks of his face, his happiness had been restored for the time being.

Tahlia surreptitiously took the bottle of alcohol as he she walked him across the room, passing him a canteen of water to drink from instead. "I think we're a long way yet from such a world—but there's no harm to dreaming of a better future, so long as you have the will and the wit to push towards it from the present." Faolan met the two of them at the stairs, and followed them as Tahlia led the man up towards the sleeping quarters. "Maybe you'll even be able to take the princess out for a dance at one of your grand feasts."

"Heh... If there's gonna be a feast for me, it'll be one regarding a good-bye..." Baldrik looked over at Faolan. He seemed a bit frightened as his eyes scanned the beast that was before him, and instinctively moved his right arm as far away from Faolan as possible, and yet he always was thinking that the Wolf was activing very strangely. He had seen tamed wolves back in the North, but he never saw them act like this one. It's almost as if it's sentient- like a human. His eyes locked their focus on Tahlia, and spoke: "Say... You wouldn't mind if I asked, regardin' the wolf? I know of tamed creatures when I see one, but yours isn't necessarily tamed, it's more like... It's following you freely, as if you're both equals."

Tahlia remained silent for a moment, before leaning in to murmur in his ear. "Faolan is my lover." She didn't know how much he would remember by tomorrow, but there was little use in hiding the truth now. Her head faced forward again as they reached the second landing, and she continued to speak at a normal volume. "His soul is human, in a wolf's body, as much a man as you or I."

As they entered on of the bedrooms, Tahlia left the door open and seated Baldrik on the bed. She quickly set about arranging the bedding so that he could sleep on his side, without risk of falling onto his back or stomach. Though she didn't know the man well enough to know just how drunk he was, she didn't want him to accidentally choke in his sleep.

Baldrik shook his head slightly, before he was able to decipher her words. He suddenly felt panic wash over him- Wait, Her lover?! He quickly looked over towards Tahlia, his eyes opened in shock as he turned a glance towards the Wolf. Before, atleast, her explanation came. After that, he gave off a sigh of relief as he realized that he had been a bit too quick to judge, most likely because of the alcohol that was coursing through his veins. As he was put to bed, he leaned up against the bed as his mind was beginning to swirl and hurl. He mumbled out a few words towards Faolan. "Say... why'd she do it..?" As if he was expecting an answer, he awaited a response patiently from the Wolf.

Faolan moved closer to the young man, before sitting on his hind legs and raising his nose upwards to bare his neck. A thin snarl revealed his teeth, and he slowly dragged the long claws of one paw across his own neck.

He stumbled back to all fours, however, when Tahlia bumped him brusquely with her hip. "Don't scare him," she muttered chidingly, before turning back to Baldrik. "He was dying. It was all I could do to save him."

Feeling the sudden hairs pricking at him and the dark figure lurking over him caused Baldrik to by instinct try to shuffle over so that his back was the one exposed to the Wolf- atleast, until Tahlia was able to get him off Baldrik. He turned back over to look at her, and heard out her response: "I... see." Baldrik stammered out as he felt the wave of alcohol enter his brain at full speed, nearly knocking him off to the graceful darkness of sleep. He suddenly felt a terrible itching enter his right arm, and he reached over for it- only to discover that his skin was, once again, sheading itself. He quickly rubbed off the old green skin, replacing it with a red and slippery looking one again. "Well... Thank you for making me feel a bit more human again. I... I don't really get to talk a lot to people about things that don't revolve around Kouri."

Tahlia grimaced at the sight of his arm, but promptly set about hiding her momentary distaste. "I do hope you know what you're doing with that," she mumbled quietly. Recomposing herself, she smiled. "Believe it or not, any band is composed of more than just its leader. We all do our part, so we all deserve a little recognition and camaraderie, no?" She pulled a chair out from the back of the room, and dragged it to the open door. "Anyway, I think it high time you get some sleep. If you've any need of me, I'll be right here."

"Heh... no need to treat me like a pup. My mother was sure not to." Baldrik added as she began to set up her chair. As much as he liked to be cared of by someone else, he felt it as an Alien feeling, and something that would in the end weaken him if he let such things escalate. He was independent, he had to remember that, and that he was also supposed to still fight for Kouri, may her be a godly figure or not. Although the thought of having sworn an allegiance to someone assuming one thing, and then realizing that just wasn't the case, felt like a sting to his heart. He felt a great heat radiate from his Sword, as if it was begging for blood, but he simply swayed it's thoughts away by using the stubborness of a drunk mind to push them away. "Well... G'night, Tahlia. And, Wolfie."

"Goodnight." Sitting outside Baldrik's door, Tahlia pulled out a newly washed shirt and an old journal. As she waited for drowsiness to take her, she quietly sewed the tears she'd made in Sisera's shirt back together while reading about Kasienka's travels. Faolan lay down at her feet, and soon closed his eyes for a wary nap.[/hr]

Kalemn Weller, Cennick Greenborough, Alexander Reuman, and Marcus TooGoodForALastNameApparently

When Typhon appeared, two things shifted inside Kalemn. Two pieces of herself twisted and forced into new shape.

First was her doubt. Her cynicism and belief in the mundane over impossible. When Kouri had stepped out from the frozen lake, she had simply seen a powerful ice mage. When she had taken the tes t in the Rangers' hideout, she had seen a nothing more than a bright flash of light. Something easily attributed to the illusionist James. It was easier to believe in tricks and well laid lies than ancient legends turned into reality. But Typhon was real. His hate was real. A sickening wave of hate directed towards the blue haired young woman who was now also real.

Second was her purpose. She had joined the quest almost on a whim. Wanderlust called her away from the familiar hills and fields of the Remnants. Ambition urged her to find glory abroad. And greed reminded her that making Kouri queen could reap unimaginable rewards. But now her purpose had solidified. As Typhon spread his wings and spoke his threats, he became her purpose. She gazed upon the face of the divine, and she despised it. She despised being reduced to nothing more than a minor detail in its cruelty. She wanted to take that gilded form and destroy it. Split it open with her sword and see if it bled.

For the first time in her life, Kalemn felt hate. No one before had left enough of a mark to warrant it. Been enough of a threat, been too real to simply dismiss.

Kalemn's hand had only just brushed the hilt of her sword when the world went dark, and she was transported along with the rest to a green haven. Her eyes, previously locked on Typhon, now stared blankly at rustling canopies, and in the angel's sudden absence, the anger withdrew. Settled in her bones and crystallized, leaving only a deafening buzz behind. Swarms of insects inside her head that left her lost until they too withdrew. Slowly, she sat on the grass, frog-legged.

Looking to her side, she saw a short man -- another of Kouri's followers -- laying upon the grass. She couldn't see his face from where she sat, but his posture suggested his thoughts were as lost as hers. Gradually, Kalemn forced her mind to refocus. To pay attention to the present, and understand the situation. They had been in the mountains. Now they were here, in some forested glade. A mansion stood regally a little distance away, and a women in green spoke, though Kalemn couldn't quite focus on the words. Her mind still dancing with gilded steel and white feathers. Still, enough slipped through for Kalemn to understand what had happened, to an extent. A witch. They had been saved by a witch. "I wonder if she'll eat us," she mused.

"Maybe." Cennick spoke softly, roused from his internal thoughts, "It would have been easier to wait for Typhon to slit our throats first though, so unless she takes pleasure in eating her victims alive I think we're safe." He rolled over and pushed himself from the ground with a groan, grabbing the claymore as he did so. Looking up he spotted the woman who spoke and did his best not to grimace, she was, to put it politely, a bit rough looking. Taking all of his mental fortitude the duelist stifled a 'pre-cooked' joke, "I don't believe we've formally met," he started, the barest tenants of civility clinging hard to his mind.

Marcus looked around the area, uncertainty clearly visible in his eyes, yet beyond that, he seemed to be looking for further trouble. Who knew what Kiune might be planning, truly. Still, he looks between Cennick and Kalemn. He seemed to have some interest in their conversation, but would first turn his attention to someone else. "Alexander, you fought mages for years... Does this remind you of anything?"

Alexander turned towards Marcus with a worried look. He'd had a few moments to gather his wits and he shrugged in his armour, no mean feat. "I have." He said, before smiling apologetically. "Although this is the first time my defences were so easily shattered." He added to give his measure of this witch' power. Fear was good, he reminded himself. It meant he was alive. "It seems we are to enjoy her company untill further notice. A witch this strong ... We're not doing anything without her approval."

"You're quite willing to roll over," Kalemn said, though with a smile rather than a sneer. Turning to Cennick, she continued, "We haven't, but I caught your name from when you first caught us. Cennick, right? Fischer's man." She picked and scratched idly at the grass. "He didn't mention any debts owed before sending you off, did he?"

"Heh," Cennick falsely chuckled, apparently not too impressed with the woman's brand of humor, "Yes, I'm 'Fischer's man' as you put it, no he didn't mention anything about debts or the like. Hells, he didn't mention, well, just about anything..." The duelist took a moment to grumble to himself, a few scant curses aimed at no one in particular making it through the mumbling, "... I suppose you were one of his flunkies?"

Kalemn shook her head. "No. I only did a single favor for him, and a small one at that." She shrugged. "I'd be angrier, but at least I got something upfront, and there are bigger worries going about right now."

"Yes. There are." Marcus replies bluntly as he motions toward the mansion. "If what Alexander says is correct, then we cannot fret over escape. There is none. For the time being, all we can do is enjoy the hospitality... So, all of you will excuse me, I will be gathering as many as willing to train for the evening. If we are all targets of the archangel now, then I should ensure at least some of you know how to wield your weapons."

Kalemn climbed to her feet, dirty fingers pulled from the ground like an uprooted saproling. "I'll come along. Work off some nervous energy."

Alexander nodded. "That's a good idea. I'll prepare myself." That would be a good idea. Nothing dispelled fear like some sweat, exercise and a mild toucb of humiliation. He tried to find a stable-esque structure to house his riding- and warhorse, but failed to spot anything of the sorts. It hopefully meant that whatever magical place they were at wouldn't need stables. Instead he unsaddled both horses and left them to roam free, confident that neither horse would dwell into the forest's edge.

He collected his helmet, gauntlets and poleaxe from the saddlebags and began looking for a suitable place to exercise. He assumed their host would take offence to him planting a wooden practice pell in the ground, so he'd have to do without one. Once he'd found a spot without too much tall grass, he leaned against a tree and awaited for those willing to arrive.

"I'd love to join you," Cennick said, with the sort of cadence that implied a 'but' would follow the statement, "but I think I'd take Marcus' advice and enjoy the hospitality while we still have it." In reality the duelist wouldn't have minded a good bout, it would certainly do a good number on his psyche, but he didn't believe for a moment that strength of his swordarm would matter in a fight against a being such as Typhon, nor did he believe that training with with these bumpkins would yield any particularly useful results. For him at least. "Enjoy your sparring." he finished and began making his way to the manor.

Tahlia Wether & Sisera del Azul
A collab between @Holmishire and @Slade.

Tahlia coaxed Sisera over to the fireplace, where he would see that she had set out material with which to treat his wound—some dried herbs, a mortar and pestle, a pot of simmering water she had drawn from the fire, and fresh bandages. She smiled warmly at the older man. "If you're feeling better, I'd like to take a look at your shoulder again. We were in something of a rush, earlier, and I'd like to make sure it stays healthy until such a time as Kasienka is recovered enough to work her magic."[/hr]
-A WOLF TO A MUTT! YOU DEGENERATE! LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO ME!
Sisera opened his eyes and began to scratch his head, only to wince in pain as the wound in his shoulder begins to ache and burn. His mind was all fuzzy, the last thing he really remembered was the injuries he got at the battle and briefly talking to Kouri, though he didn't remember anything during the conversation. Everything was a blur, including the dreams he had though he could assume they weren't pleasant. Sisera took a long, confused look at the younger woman in front of him. Getting accustomed to his new, foreign surroundings. Tahlia noticed that he didn't seem so distance as when he was wounded; seemingly spouting nonsense.
"Well" he said warmly, "I thank you for taking care of an old fool like myself" He shifted in his bed. He couldn't remember the last time he had actually slept in a bed. "My body simply isn't what it used to be" he chuckled, though silently grimaced at his broken, scarred body.

"I don't mind, really," she replied, taking the mortar and pestle from the ground, and quickly grinding the dried herbs into a powder. "I've had little opportunity to help anyone since I left my village in Rheinfeld. And it seems whether I'm ready for it or not, the princess has brought me ample opportunity to change that fact." She set down the mortar and pestle, and approached him from the bedside. "May I remove your shirt? As you can see, I cut an opening earlier, but I'd like to sew it back together as soon as we're done here." She grimaced at the fabric, stained a dark carmine from his dried blood. "And wash it too, for what it's worth."

"Ah, I see" said Sisera awkwardly as he pulled his feet out of bed and sat up, his back facing Tahlia as he slowly began to unbutton the blood stained white shirt. He was silent and hesitant. Pausing an unnecessary amount of time before each button. After a heavy sigh he spoke.

"Please, don't tell Kouri what you're about to see. I'd rather keep this from her for as long as I can".

He nervously pulled his shirt back and threw it on the ground. He was still as muscular as ever but what stood out were the sickening scars; a traumatic rainbow of red, black and dark purple burn marks tearing and swirling into his skin. They dug deep into his flesh on his back only to wrap themselves around his sides and imprint themselves into his chest and stomach. They further ascended up to the lower base of his neck where the scars stopped but Tahlia could tell that there was more below that his pants covered up. All in all, it was clear that the majority of his body was scar tissue; besides his face there was very little of his skin that was left undamaged.

"Please" he said quietly, almost sounding ashamed "take your time and do your work".

Her face fell at the sight of his scars, recognizing the full extent of his suffering—though she had caught a glimpse before. "I understand. It is, of course, not my place to share your secrets with the princess." She began to untie the bandages she had previously wrapped around his shoulder. The powder she had applied had done a good job at staunching his bleeding, but by the heat emanating from his wound, she could tell it was infected. Thankfully, it seemed to have stayed localized on his wound. "Still, I see no reason to hide it from her. I've heard you helped raise her—do you not trust her to see past the scars?"

Sisera winced as Tahlia began to work on the wound. He clenched his teeth briefly and closed his eyes and allowed the unpleasant feeling run through him before slowly dissipating. "It is not that I don trust her" he said solemnly "I don't wish to burden her with his grisly display. The thoughts on her mind right now are all painful ones." He paused for a moment and remembered when Kouri as a child had fallen out of a tree, crying her eyes out. He was able to soothe and comfort her then. It seems he had lost that ability, a fact that stung him right in his heart.

"I am her ever loyal servant. An insignificant spec in the grand scheme of things, only kept alive as a cruel joke. Nothing more. Any semblance of importance I have lies in my servitude to my future Queen. What happens to me simply does not matter as long as it's for her sake." There was a slow churning fire that could be felt and heard in his voice. His dedication to Kouri was fanatic, but also much more subtle... and personal.

"We have an attachment, the Princess and I" He said "I was her guardian and protector when she was a child. I would rather not give her more things to grieve about. That's... not what I want for her or for myself."

She quickly took the ground herbs she'd just prepared and mixed them into a paste with the warm water she'd brought. "Fair enough. I can't say I envy the task of protecting her—if anything, I'd say the rest of us are doing near the opposite, in some misguided attempt at getting her to see the world as it really is." Tahlia then quickly washed his wound on both sides before wrapping it back up with layers of bandages and poultice. Instead of applying the paste directly to his skin, she made sure there was always a layer of fabric keeping them apart. "She has the spirit of a leader, but neither the experience nor the fortitude. To think she led a nation through far more tumultuous times before… Not that I would fare any better, of course." She halts for a moment as she tied off the end of the bandage. It was thinner than before, as his shoulder had healed enough to no longer need to be held together by artificial means.

Sisera was silent for a long time, his free arm reaching up and rubbing his temple. Trying to recollect a memory and get rid of the grainy fuzz that permeated around the image in his head and make it clear. Distinct even. "To be perfectly honest, no one really was leading the Kingdom when Heaven invaded. Myself, my Father and the King were just trying to get her out of the City." Sisera found it surprisingly hard to remember the smaller details of that day. It was like he was retelling a story that someone else had lived. Tahlia could hear the frustration in his voice.

"The King... He was... trying to evacuate the city I think...And..And my Father He... he was was getting Kouri out of the city with the King's Rangers." Sisera made a small, painful grunt. His head suddenly began to throb and ache. "And I manned the defenses. The Mages. Yes! The mages! I got them to start a ritual to enhance my own magic. The fire-wall we manage to make held off the Angels just long enough for Kouri to get out". He suddenly lowered his head. He felt very tired.

"I honestly thought I had failed and that he had killed her. That was what occupied my thoughts for a millenia... among other things."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." She gently felt his forehead with her palm. "Sometimes my mouth leads me places I shouldn't tread—I'm supposed to be closing wounds, not opening new ones." Tahlia sighed, lowering her hand. "The infection should be contained for now, but please don't strain yourself any further, physically or mentally. I don't want you catching a fever." As she spoke, she set about gathering her materials, as well as Sisera's torn shirt.

Finally, she placed a spare cloth shirt on the side of his bed. "This was my husband's before—before his accident. It's may be a bit small, but you can wear it for now, and I should have yours ready by tomorrow morning."

Sisera nodded as he carefully pulled the shirt over his head. Feeling the fabric stretch slightly over his muscles.

"I thank you for your treatment" he said "And your company". With that said he climbed back into bed and pulled up the blanket.

Rahim and Kouri - The Worried and the Working
(Feat President Abraham @Brovo as Kouri)​

Once Rahim found himself alone in the garden, surrounded by trees, he quickly set himself up for a brief stint of manual labour. It mostly involved him taking off his shoes, putting aside anything he'd been carrying other than his axe, and steadying his ever-so-slightly shaking hands as he settled himself into the act of chopping wood.

He settled for the two closest trees. He had only heard the strange witch-woman say that the area was set aside for chopping wood, and not whether any trees were sacred in anyway. If they were important, she would have mentioned it in some way. Using his Axe for its less-violent purpose, Rahim started to hack away at the limbs of the lumber; swiping huge gouges into the wood with each mighty swing. After five minutes or so, he heard the snap of the tree finally breaking under his assault, and he felt the dull throb of his arms begin to strain under the relentlessness of his own attack. He moved onto the second, wordlessly, as he distanced himself from the thoughts of failure that began to plague him.

After a good thirty-minutes of cutting wood, Rahim pushed his way into the mage-woman's large house. Using his foot to push open the door, Rahim walked in holding a hefty bundle of logs and sticks that filled his entire arm-span. He moved over to the fireplace and dropped it onto the floor. He wiped his brow, and turned to notice Kouri. "Oh…Hello Princess." Rahim paused for a moment, feeling a strange tension in the air as he looked over to the blue-haired woman, before sitting himself down on the floor. "It was good to see the face of the enemy, at least. A shame that we ran into him so soon." He paused again, silence filling the air between them. "I am sorry that I was not more useful."

Kouri stares at the fireplace and watches the flames, feeling the heat against her skin. Her eyes seemed filled with a similar kind of burning feeling, though, it was dark, and unpleasant. When she heard Rahim speak, she didn't turn to look at him. She only continued to stare at the crackling fire, and spoke softly. "It is no fault of your own... No one is ready for that monster of a person."

He looked at the princess, sitting by the fireplace, and frowned. The previous time he had met her, she'd seemed far more energetic. Now she seemed dejected, and more frail. Even though before, she was not exactly a physically imposing person, she had seemed a bit more…stable. Less likely to shatter. Shrugging, he walked over next to the woman and sat down a few feet from her, looking into the fire. He was curious what she saw. "Still, there were things I could have done differently. Mikan and I should have led the Shields away from the main group somehow." His frown deepened as his brow began to furrow. "Nothing we can change for now, at least."

After a moment of silence, Rahim pausing to contemplate what he should try and say next, a thought crossed his mind. It would probably not mean much, but… "It likely means little, but I do not blame you for the things that the winged one said, his venom... It is good to hunt monsters, and he is a monster worth ridding the world of." He felt his hand rise and pat against the woman's shoulder gently. "None of what he said is your fault. He is just a mad-thing, in need of an axe to the neck."

She flinches at the touch of his hand, but doesn't shy away from it, her attention still focused on the flickering fire in front of her. "I am not certain I can. Even if I do, I am not certain I know how to lead... Those here, who look to me for guidance, how can I? At every step I have asked everyone else to help me. I am no warrior, so I seek aid from Alexander and Marcus. I am no thief, so I seek Mikan's advice. I am no witch hunter, though Amaia is. How can I lead the way forward, when I constantly look back? How can I defeat that monster, when staring into his eyes strikes terror into my soul?" The fire hisses and shrinks momentarily, as Kouri's emotions seemed to summon a little ice in the fireplace. The fire waned. "The truth is Rahim, I am afraid. Afraid of him, and afraid of the heavens. Afraid of my own incompetence, and afraid of death. I almost led Sisera to his doom, and I didn't even know it. Someone who is like an older brother to me, and I nearly caused his end... Am I even fit to lead, when I feel such fear, and lack so much knowledge?"

Rahim lowered his hand after the flinching of the Princess. It didn't seem fair to trouble her when she was clearly upset. When she spoke though, he listened. He listened without turning to face her, or pandering to her, or offering her interrupting words of pity, or recognition, or even much sympathy. He just listened, and let her speak. She was scared; rightly so. He was scared as well. Her own worries echoed his own: fears of incompetence, and of failing others. Of never achieving dreams, and of being too little for one's own ambitions. In truth, it had terrified him for years; but it had been compounded by the recent run-in with Typhon.

"I come from somewhere very far away, Princess. My home is a savage place, full of terrors beyond any I've seen in the overland, bar one now. I would be worried if that Winged-creature did not scare you." He looked at the waning fire, before reaching over and tossing a small stick onto the fire; rekindling it. "No one person here is complete for this task without the other. I cannot do half the things that you can do. Just as I can do things that someone like Mikan could not. Guidance is not weakness. No individual is as terrifying as a pack." He grabbed another piece of wood, smaller and longer than the others, and prodded at the fire; stoking embers and stirring up the heat; pushing past the dwindling that had been caused by Kouri's icy spell. "Others never know what we are fit for. It is my belief that only we can know what we are capable of." He frowned, thinking of home again as he tossed the stick into the fire. "But then, I am far too headstrong to let others tell me what to believe. If I was not, I would never have left my homeland. If my former clan had their way; I would never have left the forest, or picked up a weapon. I would have been naught but a…" He paused, his hand raising to mimic the action of grasping. "What do you call those creatures with the white fleece? They sit in fields, and make tasty meat."

"Sheep." Kouri replies simply as she finally turns away from the fire and looks at Rahim. There was a curious look in her eyes, though still hampered with some form of sorrow. A moment of silence passes, before Kouri speaks once more, remaining curious in tone. "How do you deal with death?"

Rahim turned to face the princess, meeting her gaze unflinchingly as he thought upon her question. He had probably encountered far less death in his life than hers, considering all that she had lost. Still, he was committed to this strange role of speaker and confidant; it would be unfair to point out his own lack of experience. "With honour. For my people death is a cruel, and often abrupt, possibility. We think of death as an opportunity: To remember, to celebrate, to learn, and to try and move forward." He sighed heavily, thinking on the few people he'd known and had lost. "It is not always easy, but I think about what made a person worth remembering. It adds fuel to whatever fire pushes me on. I just try my hardest not to disappoint them, because that is all that I can do."

"I see." Kouri replies quietly as she goes back to staring into the fire. There was no sign as to what she was thinking of, but she seemed a little less distressed at least.

Rahim took the quiet as a sign his answer was not what the Princess had wanted to hear, and perhaps that she wanted to be left alone with her thoughts. He slowly rose to his feet, looking down at the Princess as he did. "If you have any greater need of me, I will not be far. Talk or action, I am here to assist." He said, bowing his head respectfully to the woman.

Kouri breaks her gaze from the fire to look at Rahim, nodding respectfully in return. There was a hint of a smile, though it fades quickly as she returns to looking at the fire.

Cennick and Kouri
Collab with @Brovo

Cennick wandered the grounds for some time, he wasn't sure for exactly how long really, time seemed to have lost it's usual factor of change, instead molding itself into a one unending moment. Whether this was an effect of the strange glade, a simple reaction to stress or just Cennick's mind trying and failing to understand just where they were was unknown. Whatever the reason, this displacement eventually led the duelist to stumble into Kouri.

At first he thought to turn about and leave the princess to herself, but that track of thinking had led the duelist to avoid her in the past and he figured he might as well introduce himself at that moment, rather than at any 'perfect' future moment that probably wouldn't come.

"Hello Princess," he started, "Do you have a moment?"

Kouri was sitting in front of the fireplace, silent as could be, seeming to be in deep contemplation when Cennick's words pierced her isolation. She turns and looks up at him, nodding, though not saying anything.

The silence caught the duelist off guard and he met with a moment of his own before finally speaking, "Uh, I just thought it appropriate to more formally introduce myself, especially considering recent events."

Kouri quietly stands up, and turns away from the fire to look at Cennick. "Then do so."

Cennick shuffled in place, trying to assume a respectable posture before he spoke, "I'm, uhh, Cennick Greenborough, son of Justin Greenborough, a respected duelist and champion of Mister Ole Fischer." It was a prepared spiel; calculated to be short, informative and include a bit of heritage. Something he presumed would help when dealing with royalty. He had planned to update it a bit, but the princess's frank nature caught him off guard. Internally panicking, he followed up his introduction, "So, how are you doing?"

"I did not take you for nobility?" Kouri says, a bit confused, before bowing her head respectfully. "I have seen better times. We should rightfully all be dead by now, if not for our mysterious benefactor... It all seems too convenient to me."

Kouri's comment stung the duelist, though he did his best not to show it, instead trying to focus on her latter statement, "Indeed, as much as I'm thankful to have my throat unslit I can't help but think it's odd to inexplicably rescue a slew of people only to dump them in some manor in an apparently 'endless' forest and then just leave them. Very deus ex machina and considering our current relationship with the gods that may just be a very bad thing."

"God from the Machine?" Kouri mutters aloud as she turns away from Cennick and looks around the room. Aside from the fireplace, it was devoid of any furniture. "This may sound strange to you, but I believe this war of mine is much older than I am. You know the noble tongue, therefore you must be educated. You must know there were terrible conflicts before my time that occurred under the watch of the Gods." She turns and looks at Cennick, eye to eye. "This must all seem so very crazy to you."

"Heh. Admittedly it's a little mad," he chuckled, trying his best to underplay his unease. Though suddenly he didn't have to pretend, as catching eyes with the princess had softened his mood. She was actually quite beautiful, so much so that the duelist almost felt like he robbed himself in not meeting her earlier. "You know what though, I can't reasonable say I should have expected any less. We are on a quest to banish the gods, It's be almost disappointing if it went all as planned," he chuckled again, far more genuinely than before, "That does bring up a point though, what exactly are yo-... Our plans here?"

Kouri noticed his look soften, but appeared to keep her response to herself. Still, she speaks with a soft tone, giving something away as to how she felt about it. "We head north. Through Rheinfeld, past the Blood Sea, and past the Free Holds... Beyond the northern barrier. I know of a place there, untouched by any, and which Gods themselves cannot touch. Beyond that, I cannot say... I do not know you very well."

"Oh," Cennick frowned at the lack of answer, but kept his demeanor in check simply resigning with a shrug and a light sigh. "It seems I'm just going to have to get you know you better, gods know I don't really have another choice regardless."

"I suppose not." Kouri replies simply and softly. A moment of silence passes between them, before she eyes his blades, and speaks with a curious tone. "The way you carry your weapons speaks of a great deal of training."

"A great deal indeed!" Cennick perked up, as if he was spellbound by the topic at hand, "I would dare say 'great deal' is an understatement. Ten gruelling years at the prestigious Academy of Swordsmanship plus nearly three years more of practical application. I predict that of all your followers, if you want to call us that, I'm the most experienced swordsman there is. Not including the veterans of course, though I'm probably still close regardless." He paused and his mood dimmed slightly, "Of course, given all of that it seems I'm nigh powerless compared to our enemies. Steel is effective against earthly beings, but I fear to the celestials it's little more threatening than a vexed toddler playing knight."

"Then it seems that among our objectives, lies the acquisition of tools necessary for you and others to be able to harm them, is it not?" Kouri replies gracefully as she looks back to the fireplace. There is, however, a hint of a warm glow to her eyes now, as they reflected the fire before her. "An academy student... That makes you a noble of some standing, I would imagine... I am afraid I do not recognize the Greenborough name, it seems time has given way to new nobility. My apologies for my earlier comment of not knowing, I truly did not, but, I am certain, it is not from a lack of effort on your part."

At first Cennick nodded along, the Princess's argument seeming, well, fair enough. Half way through though his expression changed to one of concern, "You speak very well Kouri, very practiced. Almost as if it's what you're trained to do. Eloquent, but not useful." He half-thought to just stomp off right there, but something boiled within him that kept him in place, "You know, not very long ago I had a pleasant conversation with a pleasant woman in which she advised me that glory was a poor reason to go on this quest and that I should aim higher. Not only for myself, but for you. At the time I took it is solid advice, but now I'm reconsidering. Why do you diverse anything from me? I've only asked a few questions so far and all I've got for answers are half-truths and flattery. You promise to defeat, but don't tell me how. I disparage on how my weapons are next to useless and you try to assure me with 'we'll find a way'. That's not the answer of a confident leader, that's a dismissive plea to find another topic. You could have at least had the courtesy to tell me you didn't know." His agitation had transcended his emotion and entered his body, his voice wavered and his hand's visibly shook. "In another situation I wouldn't care, as much at least, as if I were displeased I could simply leave in the night. Sure I'd be marked out as a coward or even a traitor, but it would be a choice I could make. It would be me manifesting my own destiny, but I don't have that choice anymore. My future is now yours to keep."

Kouri continues to stare at the flickering fire, her hands curling slowly into fists as Cennick continued with his angry ranting. When it finally ended, the princess turns and glares, coldly, at Cennick. "Do you think I WANTED this? Do you think I wanted to fight a war against people I used to worship? Do you think I wanted to be hunted and killed because I rejected the overtures of a pompous, stuck up, vengeful, violent psychopath? Do you think I wanted to see my kingdom burn, and hear the screams of my people, and know that countless rebellions have risen in my name and been violently crushed over the centuries? Do you think that I was trained to fight a war like this? Is anyone trained to fight a war like this? Are you? Is Marcus? Is anyone else here who is angry at me for the actions of a despicable, raping, tyrannical monster capable of somehow solving all these problems? How do I know that Typhon didn't find us because of a spy? You arrived at a pretty convenient time, don't you think, Cennick? What if Fischer sold me out to save his own investments from the wrath of the Gods and sent you to make me feel as though he wasn't a traitor? How do you know that you aren't being used? How am I responsible for your own vanity and greed in wanting to protect a woman marked for death by the creators of this world? I gave everyone the choice of whether to follow me or to leave of their own choice, at every step of the way. I am sorry if I do not have all the answers that you are looking for, that I am not some kind of gods forsaken messiah! But then, I'm just human. If you wanted all the answers, you should have sworn an oath to the people who burned my kingdom and murdered millions of innocent people for their own designs. I'm sure if you killed me now and put my head on a spear, Typhon would gladly give you a place among his village butchering, child molesting band of overglorified brigands." She takes a deep breath, shaking with anger as she turns back toward the fireplace. her hands were coated in frost. "I was trained to rule a kingdom in peace. Not to fight a war. I'm sorry to disappoint you like everyone else, Cennick. I truly am. With any luck, you'll wake up from whatever nightmare you must be having for me to be present in it."

Cennick opened his mouth to speak, but could find no words, instead sputtering out a series of unconnected syllables. After a short bout of this he took a moment to breath and somewhat compose himself, "I don't need you to be a messiah, hells, I don't even need you to be a leader. All I need is the truth, I need to know where your knowledge ends because I need to know when to take things into my own hands. I may be a pawn or even a tool, but I can't just sit around and wait to be used by some member of defunct royalty."

"And how am I to trust you? I barely know you. You are asking me to divulge secrets that, should the Gods ever learn them, they will be able to cut us off and kill us all. I can tell you numerous things, but not precisely where we are going. Look at it from my perspective: If you were the one leading, and I knew where we were going, and I was captured and tortured, would you trust me not to tell anyone?" Kouri didn't turn to look at Cennick, but it was clear from the single tear running down her cheek that she was in an emotionally battered condition.

"That's just how it's going to be, eh?" Cennick huffed, "Very well, I'll be taking my leave then, it's clear I won't be gaining anything from further conversation. Enjoy your day Kouri, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon regardless." With a kick he turned and left the room, an uncomfortable twister of thoughts swirling in his mind.

Kouri continues to stare at the fireplace, and with her own swirling, troubled thoughts, she too leaves the room, heading to the second floor, to one of the bedrooms, to be alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.