The Legend of Heroes II: Trials by the Light OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to meet you, Winter! Hope we have fun together! And great to see everyone again, nice to see you're all doing well <3
Nice to meet you too! ^^

Hi Winter! Call me Kei. We have a few mutual acquaintances, I see. It's nice to have you here! :D
Seems that we do :) I'm glad to be here!

Also hiya Winter! I'm Tae, it's really nice to meet you!
Hello! ^^

Gosh people are so nice here, I love it!

• Love
Reactions: Pachamac
I also want a horrible theme song for Cashmere get on it Puch

And yeah, everyone's super awesome here and it's great to have you on the team, Winter <3

Look at all this love being shared, how sweet we all are

Don't trust Kathi tho

Just to give everybody a headsup, I'll be commencing the IC and allowing people to post to start posting on Tuesday! The RP will be starting three hours before the events on the train unfurls and we'll be starting with a round where our characters are on their own and seperate about the city, going to board the train et al. I think that'll make for a nice way to introduce your characters into the story, and then from there we'll be able to have a few rounds of relaxed interaction before things go to hell~

Just to give everybody a headsup, I'll be commencing the IC and allowing people to post to start posting on Tuesday!
Tuesday??? As in TOMORROW???

7bderfs.gif

• Love
So excited!

excited-baby.gif

• Love
Awwww yeeeaaaahhh 8)

Hopefully I'll be able to get my post in! I made plans last week to see a movie tomorrow night after work, which I still want to back out of SO BAD because "oh god taking the train around midnight I hope I don't die" but I'm making myself go @_@

• Love
Lels Tae I'm seeing a movie on Wednesday, I kinda understand your feels |D

Kathi said:
I also want a horrible theme song for Cashmere get on it Puch

Ask and ye shall recieve

Aki don't be afraid to pm me and we can discuss char concepts and the like!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Taerinn
And the IC is onnnn! Remember to just keep your opening posts centered around your characters for now and doing whatever it is they may be doing in the morning before heading towards the train. Feel free to embelish and detail the city in whatever way you might like (we're not going to be there long, so) however if people could avoid incorporating any details between the city and Cerenis that'd be massively appreciated <3

I'm about to watch Ju-On by myself for "detox" after that godawful exam. 40 minutes to go! I'll think of a nice post by then I'm so excited to see everyone's characters in action! <3333

Anyway just dropping by to say I might be posting late lol

Edit: Adding this to Teffie's character theme list hahahaha sorry

Last edited:
Awwwww yeah guess who got their tickets to go see Babymetal play live on April 2nd 8DDD \m/

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Taerinn
Hello everyone! Sorry for the lateness, had some character hiccups. I'm looking forward to the rp!

Appearance:

Domino_zpst6tkk1vi.png

Name: Domino Green

Class: Vagabond (Pyrotechnician)

Weapon: A vaguely pointy flute

Personality & Background:
Domino's life has gone from rags to riches to rags again. Anxious to prove himself as more than a teenage troublemaker working on a cabbage farm, Domino jumped at the chance to work in the nearby Kabalic City. Not only could he earn some money for his mother and grandmother, but he might be able to start a career as a musician, his lifelong dream.

He ended up a kitchen boy at a well-known eatery in local Kabalic City called the Carpe Diem – where he stole glances at the city's constant cycle of musicians while washing plates, nursing his own dreams of grandeur. Late one night after an especially busy night shift, Domino heard strange cries coming from the nearby sewage pothole on the way home. He approached to investigate, and found – to his dismay – an animal struggling against the current of the sewage below, half-drowned. Domino rushed to help, and after "borrowing" a bit of netting and a few blankets, managed to pull the strange lizard-like creature from the sewage. Domino and this creature, christened "Mr. Bigs", would soon become inseparable companions. Domino cared for Mr. Bigs as best he could, and although it wasn't allowed in his workplace, would regularly smuggle it in, where it would keep him company in the soapy, steamy backrooms and whistle tunes with him to the tones of his flute. As the days wore on, Domino discovered that Mr. Bigs's proximity allowed him odd powers he never had experienced before. Cold water began boiling around his hands. Candles would flicker to life by themselves. He set fire to three books and five pairs of pants before he realized what his relationship with Mr. Bigs really entailed.

It was nearly a year after he discovered Mr. Bigs that Domino gathered the courage to approach the musicians he idolized. He approached a particularly popular lutist of the Carpe Diem, and proudly announced himself as an aspiring flutist. He offered to play a duet for the lutist – him on the flute, accompanied by Mr. Bigs. However, the lutist laughed him down. He thought the kid had to be joking; what sort of silly child thinks they can sing with a lizard? Domino was enraged by this response; in his carelessness, he accidentally exploded the beer cask behind the bar, causing an enormous and quick-spreading fire. The musician and Domino ran to safety, but the empty bar burned to cinders.

Since Domino couldn't be framed for the arson, as he himself had no magical power to speak of, he was not jailed. But he was fired by the outraged manager, and found himself cast out on the streets without a mere pinch of pocket money. Domino, fearful of what his guardians would say about his blunder, decided to scrounge the money for a train ticket out of the country. Hopefully he can start a new life somewhere else – and this time without any mistakes. If he sends enough money to the folks back at home in Arabrasia, they might just forgive him! Or so he tells himself. Really, he's just utterly petrified of responsibility...

---------
Domino is silly, clumsy, and foolhardy; sometimes he can be self-centered and self-assured. Despite his own inflated ideas of his abilities, he's a bit too scatter-brained to easily accomplish his dreams. But his heart's in the right place, and he is very protective of his loved ones; he values their opinions very highly, and is terrified of their potential criticism. He loves animals, and hates cabbage. He's also an enormous braggart. Fake it till you make it, right?​

Abilities:
Domino is a pyrotechnician, but can only use his powers when Mr. Bigs, his pet doldrum, is within 20 feet of him. His symbiotic relationship with Mr. Bigs is represented by the red sigils glowing on his face.

Mr. Bigs allows Domino to create spontaneous exothermic chemical reactions, which (much like a firework) produce (in rough order of quantity) heat, light, gas, smoke, and sound. When created gently, these "fireworks" mostly generate only heat and light, and can be sustained for several minutes; when created in anger or with fervor, they resemble explosions, and can theoretically be arranged in similar ways as real fireworks, although Domino is not nearly skilled enough to manage this. The heat and light radiate from a singular point that he chooses. Optimally, he does this by touching the area or object he wishes to react; but he can accomplish a similar effect by staring at the target, which takes longer. He can use this power on living things, but requires a much longer period of time to do so, with the amount of time scaled on the sentience of the target (for plants, only a few seconds longer; for humans, a good minute). During this time, the target must remain at least mostly stationary for the effect to work.

Additionally, Domino is fairly heat-resistant, able to withstand very high temperatures without overheating. He feels very warm to the touch, even in cold weather. These are the only powers he possesses that do not escape him when Mr. Bigs is out of range.

...Mr. Bigs has also cut a good deal out of their symbiotic relationship, but what exactly his own powers are remains unclear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the crazy, Jam 8D

I want pics of Domino and Mr. Bigs staaaaaaaat!

Sorry my post is a bit small. I'm trying a different posting style, specifically to do with paragraph structure. Also it's a post mostly to place myself ready for the bigger and longer posts.

Sorry my post is a bit small. I'm trying a different posting style, specifically to do with paragraph structure. Also it's a post mostly to place myself ready for the bigger and longer posts.
Don't you worry Winter, it was a great intro post. Really got a sense for Naomi. :D

Also hi Jam! Hope you're ready for this madhouse. Don't worry, we don't bite...hard.

Welcome, Jam! It's nice to meet you! The dynamics between Domino and Mr. Bigs sound awesome, can't wait to see them in action along with the rest of the crew.

And yeah, like Danni said, your post looks great Winter! Awesome intro post too, Danni :D

Starting on a post now!

Oh goodness, Rex. I sniped you. Shit! I forgot to call.

Not a problem, I think, since we're all separate now. But still, d'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.