The Legend of Heroes II: Trials by the Light OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Pach, am I still down for that companion character we were discussing? I haven't done a sheet for it yet, but I'll work on it today or tomorrow!

Absolutely! The appearance is crucial though, so you better make sure it looks awesome!

• Thank You
Reactions: Dannyel
Awww thanks Rex!

Both Naomi and Shiloh look great! I can't wait to see how Rehna interacts with them. And a mysterious past? Color me intrigued.
Thank you ^^

I can't wait either, I'm so excited to meet these great characters.

I'm pleased to see everyone give Winter a warm welcome so far! :D We haven't been talking too long but I can indeed vouch that she is awesome! :D And welcome back Rexsies! Like I've said before - NOBODY LEAVES UNLESS I WILL IT

You're too kind, but yeah the welcomes were certainly warm haha.

Gotta fix, gotta fix.

[Under Construction sign goes here]

Last edited:
Heya Aki!

For the most part I like the character - I think the idea of someone being interested in and researching magic whilst not being able to do it is really fascinating, and a merchant character offers some really interesting potential with the idea of her haggling and bargaining and such to get the best deal etc - however her personality's a bit worrying to me since it feels like it's almost exactly Nani again? If we could get something a bit more different from her then that'd be great, something that's a bit more defined and deeper. Nani's was just as flexible and carefree to whatever situation she encountered was and so just having something be a bit more different to that would be wonderful!

Also I like the idea of escrima sticks as a weapon but I think the stun gun aspect shouldn't be acquired until a bit later on; otherwise I feel she might be just a bit too powerful to start off with. Also the more I think about it the dual escrima sticks things parallels Nani's dual swords too. She's very much another Nani in some respects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannyel
*Edits*

Also the more I think about it the dual escrima sticks things parallels Nani's dual swords too.
Didn't see this part before I started editing.
I mean, I didn't think about that but in her defense, it's also a staff. But I suppose I'll replace the weapon too. Just give me a bit to do more editing.

Hmm... I dunno. It still reads an awful lot like Nani to me even after the edits... or at the least just extremely comfortable for you to write with since it's similar to what you've done before, and something that I'd want to avoid is just another repeat of Nani since whilst there was nothing wrong with her it'd be a bit boring for her to come across as the same, y'know? Could you come up with another concept just to see what ideas we can get? Don't be afraid to push your rping comfortabilities a bit, Aki, and go for something you've not tried before, in personality, character, motivation etc. Maybe try a male char too? Just something... different!

Alrighty, I'll go do the thing.

Took down the first one so I don't have to keep messing with coding.

No probs! Feel free to send me a pm if you'd prefer Aki and we could hash things out there! :D

I'm actually just going to make my stuff now because I mixed up the dates! Thank goodness for those edits last night and me spending Thanksgiving thinking about character building! Bad Kei.

Hi Winter! Call me Kei. We have a few mutual acquaintances, I see. It's nice to have you here! :D

You guys always have nice character themes. I can never find good ones and when I ask for a suggestion for Lute back then, Pach linked me that Yankee Noodle song or whatever it's called. :c

Tuuuh.600.1129904.jpg

Her pale appearance amidst the earthy hues in her home country of Gualtierrez made Estefania stick out no matter where she went, or what she wore. Her wardrobe mostly consists of conservative (but fashionable) high-necked dresses, with skirts cut just barely above the knee to allow easy motion, then a scant handful of shirts and pants. Is 5'1" at her tallest.

Name:
Estefania Iñíguez [de Villanueva]

N/A

Class:
Condesa (Fencer)

Weapon:
Short Rapier

Personality & Background:
Competitive, unrelenting, and with a lofty standard for those around her to fulfill, Estefania is nearly every stereotype about a noble rolled into one person. A proud Gualtierran through and through, sometimes to the point of insolence. Years of etiquette training molded Estefania to have a pleasing charm, though what softness she exudes will be snapped away in a second should somebody cross her. Though her temper is nearly as short as a match stick and lasts just as long, it is a rare occasion when the future Condesa goes beyond sneers and scoffs to show real anger. Has difficulty expressing deeper, more vulnerable emotions beyond superficial fury and will come off as playing coy. She holds a high opinion of herself when it comes to intellectual matters, though she will not push her own opinion unto others without listening to their sentiments. Estefania is an avid reader and seeker of knowledge, though theories without any practical use will catch her attention at best. She will quickly abandon an idea if it proves obsolete. Hates physical intimacy, likes talking shit about enemies and verbal sparring. Generous to friends.

Estefania grew up in House Villanueva in the city of Asturias, the financial capital of Gualtierrez. Amidst rumors of her illegitimacy because of her foreign coloring, she was treated as a true member of the family and named heir by her grandparents. Estefania thrived in the generous, albeit sheltered, environment and established a routine of reading the books in her grandmother's study after combat training. The yearly competitions were barely worth fussing over, as she consistently won those anyway. Such a lifestyle might seem monotonous, yes, but to her it was everything she ever wanted in life and she couldn't imagine anything else.

However, the growing economic unrest in Asturias unsettled her grandfather. Estefania, unconcerned with such trivial things and a tiny bit interested to see more of the world, agreed to his request for her to take a trip elsewhere and left with much ado.

Abilities:
Estefania is the scion of an old and distinguished noble family which prides itself on being among the last keepers of a dying branch of combat. Reared on a strict regimen of training and competitions, her footwork is noteworthy and her knowledge of theory is peerless. The fencing style itself complements her petite frame, allowing Estefania to slip in and out of her opponent's reach and yet maintain a strong defense while standing at ease. However, all of these actions were done in a controlled environment. It only remains to be seen how she'll do in a no-holds-barred fight, wherein her favored tactics could be easily countered.

Character Theme:

Fave JRPG:
THE PERSONA SERIES ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Tell me what you all think and if things need to be edited!​

Last edited:
I'm alive, I'm alive! It's just been Spring Break, and my sleep schedule's been... Well, I woke up awake and refreshed yesterday at 10:30. I just wish it wasn't 10:30 at night. I did finish Persona 4 Golden though, it's so good! Oh, I bought a PS Vita btw. Also got Atelier Rorona, will work through that after I finished Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

Nice to meet you, Winter! Hope we have fun together! And great to see everyone again, nice to see you're all doing well <3

I'll start working on a character sheet for my chara yeaaaaaaah excitement.

Also, anyone else super into Miraculous Ladybug? :D I'm cosplaying Marinette for Conbust this year! Conbust is my college's convention ran and organized by students, and somehow I ended up Conchair this year. Tamora Pierce cancelled again though :( I also somehow ended up Head Conchair for next year, for which I am already Super Nervous. So much responsibility. But back to my original point, Miraculous Ladybug? Anyone?

• Love
Reactions: Pachamac
Ahahahah I'm loving all of these ladies omg. Shiloh's gonna have a field day. And by that I mean he's gonna have no idea how to talk to anybody

Kei you know better than to ask McPach for help with music. lols
And yeah I know about Miraculous Ladybug, Kathi! I've always thought the main gal's design was adorable.

Speaking of Cons though, I'm actually super stoked for Comic Con this year. I was initially planning on just doing the outside activities or whatever (not going in the actual convention itself), but me boss has extra tickets and might give one or both to me T__T. Half my outfit's already complete too, yas. At any rate I think it's cool your college runs its own convention, Kathi! Hopefully the fun outweighs the responsibilities!

Anyone else here go to any cons? (:

Last edited:
I absolutely love Estefania. I'm already imagining all the delicious possibilities of her interacting with the cast and... well there's gonna be some hilarious fireworks I think :D She's in!

(Is she also our first dedicated sworduser? That's actually pretty cool :D)

KATHI GIVE ME YOUR CHAR SHEET FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Also <33333333333333333333333333333333333333 for buying a vita yasss come join the clubbbbbb <3333333333 I hope you have fun with Atelier! I have all the games so far... in my backlog that I'll start playing... sometime... in the future...

psst what's your psn name

Never heard of Miraculous Ladybug before but that sounds like an interesting title o.o And as for cons I'm actually planning on going to the London MCM comicon in May! :D That's gonna be fun! I went once before yeeears ago so it'll be interesting to see how it's changed. Kinda jelly that you get to go to SDCC, Rex, yet at the same time kinda not because that's gonna be crowded as heck.

• Love
Reactions: Warden
Appearance:

Yasuki.Satoru.full.612145.jpg

Name: Cashmere Chevon

Class: Tailor

Weapon: Sewing kit and scissors that weigh rather suspiciously heavier than they should

Personality & Backstory: Cashmere is the sole heiress of a noble household- It's not one that's well known, unfortunately, very small, see… But no less important than the other noble houses! No worries, however, as by rising to the top of the fashion world by creating revolutionary clothing both durable and fashionable suited for everyone, she'll make sure her name will be known throughout the world! From the lowliest farmer to the snobbiest royal, they'll all be clamoring to wear her clothes and then she'll see who's laughing- Er, ahem.

Well, that's what she says, anyways.

She's certainly prim and proper enough to fit with the rest of the nobles though her temper does occasionally flare, especially when her work is insulted or damaged. Considering many of her clients are fellow guilders, the latter unfortunately happens a bit too often. Pride is probably her greatest vice- nobody insults her and gets away scots-free, though perhaps minor grievances can be forgiven if a fine is paid. If there's no cash on hand, that's alright- she'll just put everything on a tab. Most guild members have one with her anyways.

Abilities: Something's too big? No problem, shrink it. Too small? Make it bigger. The mass of the objects stay the same, however, meaning that weight won't change and the durability of objects tend to decrease significantly with increased size, and large objects made small may take up less space but will be harder to carry in their own way. Changing an object's size is also quite draining, so there's only so much that can be done before a period of rest is needed. Harder objects seem to take more energy to manipulate than soft ones- more 'stubborn', as she'd describe. Cashmere's also a lot stronger physically than she seems, probably a product of carrying around strangely heavy objects around with her all day. Her usual weapon choice are her scissors during battle but her needlework's to be feared even during a fight- distracted enemies will soon find themselves sewn together into a tangle.

Favourite JRPGS?: Pach would gut me if I didn't say it so Legend of Heroes: Whichever Ones With Olivier In It

Last edited by a moderator:
jIEKtY3.png

Name: Cadfael (pronounced "CAD-vay-el")

Class: Wrestler (no, seriously)

Weapon: His entire body

Personality & Background: Cadfael is a peculiar man who (almost) always wears a mask that obscures the lower half of his face. He has a lean and muscular build, with toned, scarred biceps and broad shoulders tapering down to a narrow waist. Combined with his practical and form-fitting clothing, he looks every bit like a fighter. When pressed, he will refuse to give his surname. Some say that with a name that means "battle prince", his first name might not actually be real either. In fact, the only thing that keeps him from appearing obviously intimidating and suspicious at first glance is the fact that he has bizarrely doe-like, almost hypnotic blue eyes that rarely, if ever, show any sign of aggression. Thanks to his appearance as an intriguing masked Guilder, people generally think of him as a strange but harmless fellow who values his anonymity and privacy a lot more than the average person.

Unsurprisingly, Cadfael isn't exactly an open book about his personal history, but he does give out details every now and then. He doesn't hide his intelligence and cunning, and mentions receiving a fairly modest education. He attributes his unique type of athleticism to a variety of disciplines he picked up in his early days of tournament fighting, Grandium's Coliseum being part of that list. The mask had become a part of him around that same time, and he will not say what prompted him to begin wearing it in the first place. He has only been a Guilder for a few years, having needed a more positive and respectable outlet for his fighting prowess.

The mask is obviously meant to conceal his identity, and this does mean that he doesn't eat, drink, or sleep in the presence of others unless he absolutely trusts them. So far that hasn't happened with anyone. He is aware that the way he presents himself makes it difficult for others to trust him back; his demeanor can shift from affable, to stoic, to mischievous, to cocky. When crisis arises he will unquestionably do the right thing, but any prying into his personal life will, 9 times out of 10, result in a vague or outright evasive response.

Abilities: Cadfael is quite gifted in athletic feats of strength, agility, and acrobatics. He does not have any weapons on his person, although his gloves do have extra padding on the knuckles to lessen bruising to his hands. His fighting style consists of a variety of offensive maneuvers from basic punches and kicks to dropkicks, suplexes, and bodyslams. Everything around him can and probably will be used as leverage to either jump or flip off of and transition into another type of attack. As far as weaknesses go, his entire body is essentially open to attack if his opponent is faster than his reflexes or if they can simply out-muscle him.

Favourite JRPGS?: Tales of Phantasia+Symphonia, Persona, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, uhhh I'm having trouble remembering

Themes:

aaaaah this is nervewracking let me know what needs editing please and thank you ;v; This is very rough even though I spent like.......... 4 hours on it and I still can't think of a good theme ack

Also hiya Winter! I'm Tae, it's really nice to meet you!

Last edited:
ALSO I HAVE YOUR THEME SONG

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Dannyel and Taerinn
@Tae ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) muscular man

You bara lover you

Okies so so far we've got quite a good number of physical fighter characters, so I think from now on we should focus on some ranged/supportive characters, if that helps to give Aki and ??? some inspiration for a character concept?

Gender wise as well we've got 4 males, 5 females.

Status
Not open for further replies.