The Last Tower: Iwaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, wouldn't it be trippy if there was an RP based off of this? XD

Yessss! That would be cool!

Well once this is finished I have no objection to anyone wanting to start it up. And feel free to alter your personas I mean they aren't set in stone. The story though has a few more entries to go...so I'll try to get that done as quick as possible while preserving the great things you guys like about it.

I'd be willing to Co-GM this one...if not run it. Care to toss me a line Piro?

Would I get to keep my character?
I love me. XD

Damns right. Depending on how this turns out we can run the afterword.

MOAR ADVENTURES

There were only a few types of people that lived outside the tower. There were the crazies who dwell on their own past life mistakes and use this as a way to repent. There are the nomads, the travelers who still have yet to find the Iwaku Tower or are waiting for radiation patches around them to settle so they can move on. Another group are the environmentalists. These people are dispatched from the tower to see if there is any plant growth happening around the world. Also they look for stranded souls. Finally the last and most terrifying group of people is the Banned. They are the typical gangsters who claim everything as their own and reject Tower Life. The environmentalists are specially equipped with weapons to deal with these threats when they come along. But to Patty and Corvus, they are against a bear with no gun.

[align=center]
city_ruin_aaa.jpg
[/align]

Back in one of the allies of the base of the tower Patty and Corvus sat there. The door itself was lit up red to signal that it was locked. "So how do we go about this?" Corvus asked as they both did not have a key.
"Don't worry, Jack showed me a trick in case I ever got locked out." Patty quick pulled out a simple magnet and needle she had picked up on the ground. She started to stroke the magnet across the needle thus magnetizing the metal. Just a few more swipes and she was done. She inserted the needle into a slot for a card key. The robotic female voiced answered.
"Access Denied."
"Guess it did not work."
"It works, just did not get it the first time." Patty tried the needle again after a few minutes of magnetizing it. Once more the computer did not agree to let her through. Unknown to her, Corvus had snuck away from her as she spotted a sleeping guard. By the time Patty tried it for the fourth time Corvus held the card in front of her face.
"Here looks like you'll need it." Patty put on a bashful face seeing the answer pop up in front of her.
"Thanks Corvus." She dropped the needle and swiped the card.
"Access Granted." The door opened and the smell itself created its own wall. The air was still thick with the scent of exploded factory. They stepped through and the door closed behind them. Patty pocketed the card as they began their trek outside.

"And what do I owe this visit?" Pirogeth asked as he sat at the desk marking his papers given to him by Jack. Miru approached as the former GM finished half of his stack.
"I thought you would like to know we got two on the case of the Rebels."
"Oh yeah and who did you find? I'm sure promising cbox rabble his hard to locate." Pirogeth said setting his stamp down and turning his attention to Miru.
"Patty and Corvus are now outside the tower searching for some dealers. Should I tell Jack?" Miru asked concerned for their safety.
"It is not his jurisdiction. Out there the only weapon you have is this." Pirogeth pointed to his head. He got up out of his chair and walked over to Miru. Piro was slightly taller than Miru as his eyes came level with his associate's head. "Have faith in them, our Mod Squad have their own problems to deal with. According to reports I have just received, they are about to broadcast live new demands. I suggest you watch." Pirogeth motioned for Miru to follow him as he went out the office door. They were once again in the bland hallways of the government building assigned for higher moderators. Miru and Piro were joined by Jack as well as Kitti. They each went to the main lobby and watched the television set. It was out of their hands, all they could do was watch and see what kind of reaction the public would have. Under his breath Pirogeth counted down. "4…3…2…1." The screen flickered for a moment as it shifted over to an empty warehouse. The only thing visible was a single light as well as the scaffolding that lined the wall.
"Good evening everyone of the Iwaku Tower." A voice masked by a voice masker making it sound high pitched said. "Your dear administration has crumbled away and now you are left with a sightless police force and fresh GM's who don't know even proper regulation yet. More than likely they have not even informed you of our existence. Some of you in the cbox know us as the Rebels, but we are justice fighters. We fight for our own decisions, our own government, our own rule. Those that do not agree are not, I repeat, not subject to termination by our minions. Not agreeing with our way to do things is simply your choice, but if you get in our way then you will suffer." The voice was very sincere, several reactions in the lobby made Jack break a sweat. If his hardened police force couldn't take it what hope was there for the public? "But I'm not here to make threats, instead I am here to ask you to join us by ridding the cbox of our oppressors. Yes, we demand that all moderators and other government controlled officials be removed from the cbox. They have twenty minutes to get everything together and leave. Anyone left over will be hunted down and slain. Remember everyone, the clock is ticking." The voice disappeared along with the visual of the warehouse. It was replaced by a black screen with a set of red numbers on it. They started to count down from twenty just like they had promised.
"Pirogeth."
"Yeah Jack?"
"Reopen the armory."
"Heh heh heh, no problem."

The sun had now fully set below the horizon and the duo had been searching for several minutes. "Not a single person so far. Perhaps this place is inhabitable." Corvus said looking in aimless directions for any sign of life. Just as she had given up hope a manhole cover rustled in front of them. From it came out three kids all of which had something in their hands.
"Come on guys, this way. Huh?" The first one came out he was wearing an old beaten cap, a ragged shirt, and what appeared to be jeans half way ripped along the side. The other two looked generally the same; the only thing separating them was their eye color and hair. "What are you nincompoops doing by our escape hole?" The leader asked his voice demanding.
"Watch your tongue brat." Corvus said. Patty was equally shocked by these kids' attitudes.
"You should really mind your manners around ladies."
"You sure don't look it." The second kid said, his brown hair and smudged face hiding a sneer.
"Why you!" Patty said ready to bonk one on the head.
"Children settle down."
"Yes Plotess." The kids replied.
"Now where did you get all this food?" The woman asked. Her hair was black and tied together in a bun behind her head. Her face was slightly sagging and her wrinkles were only just starting to crawl along her face. If anything she looked about forty perhaps fifty if she was worried about her looks.
"Excuse me but who are you?" Patty asked.
"I am the Plotess. I have no name that I can remember. The kids around here called me that when they first met me and it stuck."
"Well Plotess what are you doing out here?" Corvus asked. "And who are those kids?"
"We live outside the tower as nomads. I help the sick, injured, and misfortunate that reach the edge of this city. I direct them to the tower or offer them a home out here. The children are the first I found crying because they had lost their mothers."
"Do each of you guys have names?" Patty asked them now that they had grouped around the Plotess.
"Yeah I am Gaia." The first one piped up. He was the leader from earlier who had directed the other two.
"I am Coloholics." The kid who had sneered at Patty said.
"And I am the Roleplay Princess." The last one said. She was apparently a girl. Her hair had been cut and she took on much the same characteristics of the boys. Then again it was easy to mistake a little girl for a little boy when they were covered in so much dirt.
"Nice to meet you guys." Patty said with a smile. They all laughed and took off into the one house still standing.
"So what brings you two out here?" The Plotess asked of them.
"We are looking for some shady explosive dealers. Do you know of anyone?"
"Oh my, they are quite dangerous. They live near the harbor and get their equipment in by boat. But why on earth would you want to go there? You would surely be killed."
"Don't worry we are strong girls." Corvus said patting her m9 on her side. "Besides we only need to ask a few questions."
"And any information you have on them would be helpful too." Patty said hoping that this woman had something to offer.
"I do not know much but the leader in their group is called Feral. I hear he is mean and takes everything seriously. He also has a right hand man named Johnny someone. And recently another has joined the high ranks. I still think it is a bad idea. But good luck to you, and if you survive have a great life!" The Plotess said as she went back into the house with the kids. Patty and Corvus now turned their attention to the harbor, the only place lit up outside the tower at night.

Interesting!

Ha! Gaia and Coloholics...XD
And it looks ike I have interaction with Gaia now. We're best buds until I get smacked with the ban-hammer. ^_^

On another note, how would we go about doing TLT:Iwaku as an RP?

Well more than likely we'd find some kind of goal so all the characters can start interacting again so they aren't all doing boring desk work.

Okay, so it'd be like a mini-adventure, then?
>u<
This sounds so fun. ^_^
Keep us glued to this thread, Onii-san! ^_^

Keep posting more, man

All of the remaining Staff Members approached what looked to be a heavily guarded building. Most of the guard system was automated turrets and the door had three keyholes, simply there for design. The actual key was three specifically designed cards for swiping through a card reader. Jack was the first to pull out his. "I'm sure you two have yours." Jack said looking at the two who had stepped forward. Pirogeth and Sakura were both there but only Sakura had hers.
"Pironii-chan where is yours? You didn't lose it silly poopoohead did you?"
"Don't worry." Pirogeth now stepped over by Miru. "In light of recent events, I'd say you are qualified to be one of the staff members that are allowed to enter. But first, I will need you to return what I gave you so long ago."
"Of course." Miru replied pulling out a necklace nobody had seen before. The card attached had a hole punched into it but the thing still worked. Pirogeth and Sakura now swiped their cards through and the door chimed. It opened and as it did another person was walking up to the building.
"Ah Ryker glad you could make it." Jack said as the military man drifted into view.
"What you be wantin' Jack? I'm uh very busy man." He replied, with his accent coming forth.
"The time has come to reopen the armory." The MPD leader said now walking into the warehouse. The lights snapped on and crates upon crates of ammo and weapons were stored there. It was amazing to find such a thing in a day caused by these items.
"What does he mean Piro?" Miru asked as they stepped in. It was obvious from Jack's stride that he was ignoring the boxes of high grade weapons. Instead he opted out for a door, one in the back that had a keypad to enter a password. After a few number punches the door opened and within it was just a small pedestal. However, on the pedestal was a glass container with what looked to be a small computer chip inside.
"That is what he means. That thing there is what fueled the last war." Pirogeth was being absolutely serious and quite unlike himself. "Just one of those things could take out an entire enemy head quarters. I just hope to high heaven that this thing is still stable."
"What is Jack mad? He can't be thinking of using it can he? It'll destroy the tower."
"Jack will not use it on himself, that is why Ryker is here. He was the only soldier in the war that didn't go entirely insane when given the device. However, there is a bit of a twist."
"What is that?"
"Wait and see." All members of the Staff took several steps back while Jack administered the chip to the back of Ryker's neck. Once in place the soldier closed his eyes recalling moments when he last used it.
"So, Ryker you still here?"
"Yeah Ah'm 'ere. Just dun be trustin' me when guns start blazin'."

The easy part of their journey was over, Patty and Corvus had officially found their way into the harbor. They now looked the part of a nomad as they were rather dirty from walking over rubble and other such messes. "I will definitely need a shower when we get back." Patty said scraping some kind of goo off her hand. "This trip better be worth while."
"Don't worry I'll make it that way." Corvus said jumping off some more rubble and approaching what looked to be a cannery. "I think we are on the right track. There look." Corvus now pointed to the guards stationed outside the building. They had built a fire from the burnable material in the city. The laughs indicated they were probably having a good time. With the full moon now directly overhead there was no sneaking past them. "So what do you think we do? I'd rather not be tossed in a cell for conversation."
"Well we could always go around but we have no time for that. We need to know who-"
"Who we were selling explosives to?" A voice came from behind scaring both Corvus and Patty. From behind was a scrawny looking fellow, his hair was brown and curly and he wore a tie on his head, probably a symbol of some sort.
"Wh-who are you?" Corvus asked still shocked from the scare.
"I'm Feral, an outcast to the tower. This is what being oversensitive gets me but I like it out here."
"Your much different than I thought, I heard stories that you were mean and nasty?"
"THOSE ARE FLASE!!!" Feral yelled now alerting his guards. "Sorry sudden outburst. I just hate it when people make judgments like that or when people joke about something that affects me or people around me." Feral started to get really depressed and cried. Right after he wiped away the tears. "Please follow me." As Patty and Corvus followed behind they held their own little conversation.
"Psst, Patty." Corvus said nudging her partner in the arm slightly. "I think this guy is crazy."
"Do not say it so loud." Patty whispered back. "Let's just get the information and leave." They now entered the cannery, drops of blood were visible all over the floor. "What, what is this?"
"Do not worry, that is just our other top businessman, Johnny. See he's over there." Feral pointed out a strange looking black haired man huddled into a squat by some boxes. He was cutting his arm and letting the blood drip to the floor. "He has a bit of a thing for blood. Sometimes he knocks himself out, but as taboo as that is in the tower, I still outrank him here." Feral said now taking a seat crafted of some old wood from several different chairs. "You came here looking for answers right? Well I can't say that I am much of a help as the transactions between the tower and here have only started recently."
"How recently?" Patty asked quickly.
"Very inquisitive, but I'd have to say it was just about a week before our newest member arrived. Ah and here he is now." The leader now turned his attention to the door. A man popped in, his hair mangled, his arms hanging to his sides as if he had just finished lifting something heavy. He limped forward trying his best to stay upright. "So how'd your trip go Maverick?"
"It was terrible, first the stones on the ground were too sharp." Patty immediately noticed something wrong with his story.
"But you have shoes on."
"And the rubble had snakes and things in it. I actually had to go around five feet of rubble."
"That isn't so bad." Corvus mentioned.
"And to top it off, when I got there they already left saying that I took too long."
"Well if you think those things are big adventures of course you'd take awhile." Patty said.
"SHUT UP! Nobody cares about me. Nobody knows what it is like to lose a tower membership."
"You'll have to forgive him, he's kind of good at being in our club out here." Feral said reasserting his control over the conversation. "Maverick these ladies have a question for you."
"Sure I'll see what I can answer in this condition." The man was definitely laying it on thick. Despite that Patty wanted to know the mastermind.
"Who did you sell explosives to in the tower?"
"You aren't going to put me under arrest are you?" Maverick asked.
"No we do not have that kind of jurisdiction but we will arrest the leader of the group you sold it to."
"Hmm bad for business, but this might work in my favor too. Feral we might be able to cut a high end deal." He suggested now totally ignoring his wounds.
"Ya hear that Johnny! We might have more business." Feral yelled to a now unconscious person.
"Alright I'll tell ya so long as we get to sell some illegal goods to the people of the cbox."
"I can't authorize that." Patty said.
"Yeah, we also don't like spreading harmful goods like aids." Corvus pitched in.
"NOOOOO!!! YOU CANNOT SAY THAT! I HAD A FRIEND THAT HAD A FRIEND THAT HAD A BROTHER WHO HAD A COUSIN THAT DIED TO AIDS ONCE! IT WAS HORRIFYING!" Feral shouted at the top of his lungs.
"Alright, alright, keep your lid on guy. We will see what we can do." Corvus defended herself.
"Very well then the group I was selling it to called themselves the Spammers. I don't know what gets done after I complete the transaction so I can't give you more than that."
"That's fine at least we can be on our way." Patty said now turning to the exit. "Thanks for everything." The two now exited the building as the three went on conversing.
"You hear that, she said thank you. I think she likes me." Feral said with a smirk.
"THE PAAAAAIIIIIIIIN!!!"
"I must cut a little harder a little deeper."

Status
Not open for further replies.