[The Last Outlaw] Where Will I Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash laughed a little. "Yeah, I guess there's somethin' special about you. If someone looks at me funny, I ignore usually. I don't need a ton of crap in my life."

She looked at man named Rash. "Umm... whatever he's having," she said.

Franco gave a corny smile when Ash said there something special. "Aw, that is so sweet! " he said in a joking fashion.

Ash only stayed silent as her cheeks turned red. "Please, stop," she said.

She sank in her seat a little.

"OK, OK I'll stop being a jerk." Franco said with a smirk. he leaned back in his seat and took in the sounds around him. The sounds he heard were of conversion, cars driving in the street and the sound of construction, more specifically, the sound of a jack hammer tearing something up. When he heard this sound, the flashbacks came to him. .50 Cal mowing down complete villages, women screaming, children crying and I just stood there and watched, did nothing. His eyes grew as big as saucers and he began to shake violently.

Ash rushed over to his side and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Franco, Franco!" she said. "What's wrong? Why are you shakin' like that?" She began to gently shake him. "FRANCO!"

Franco heard Ash, be he didn't seem to be fully there. All he could say was the same thing "We killed them" over and over again as they whole restaurant was staring at them

"Bro, snap outta it!" she said, continuing to shake him.

And with that, Franco snapped out of it. He blinked twice before he looked up at Ash, "I'm, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." he said quietly.

"What happened? What made you go all stiff and stuff on me?" she asked frantically as the other diners just minded their business. She gave him a worried look; what made him act like that?

"Its nothing Ash, really" Franco said as he put on the best smile he could. A few minutes later the curry arrived. Franco grabbed a fork and started eating the hot beef curry.

Ash couldn't help but keep looking at Franco. It seemed that something was bothering him, and he was trying to put it off. But she was afraid that if she brought it up, it would only make things worse.

Later that Day

"Well here she is" Franco said while pulling a white sheet off the bike he had been working on. "Ain't she a beauty Ash?" he asked, a prideful smirk on his face.

Ash marveled at the bike as Franco showed it off to her. "If you had told me she was this beautiful, I'd make you get me over here sooner." She let out a small laugh and inspected the purple bike with flames on the tank. She sat on it cautiously. "Could we take it for a spin?" she begged.

"Fine, But I drive Carly." He said as he sat on the bike and got everything checked. he started the bike and and turned on the radio to his favorite rock station. He smiled as he heard the first lyrics to the song "Renegade" by STYX. "Hell yes! I fucking love this song!" he screamed as he revved the engine. He looked over his shoulder and said, "Hold onto to your ass, sweetheart!" as they screamed out of the garage.

The bike's name's Carly. Ok...

Ash sat behind Franco as he revved the engine. She clutched her arms around his waist as he drove out of the garage and sped along the streets.

Franco smiled as he sped past the cars and cabs on the crowded streets of downtown Manhattan. This was where he was his most content, on a sweet bike with a beautiful young woman with him. He actually felt.... normal. Not some veteran who felt guilty about what he did in Afghanistan, he felt like he could get out of here and go make something of himself.

Ash couldn't help but smile the entire time. She hadn't been like this since she left Chicago.

She probably gasped once or twice, but the smile quickly returned.

After driving around for a while, Franco pulled over to the side of the road. The sun was almost completely down and the bright neon lights of NYC were in full swing. He got off and signaled for Ash to follow him into Central Park. "Come on, ya gotta see this." he said as he hurried her into the park.

Ash gave Franco an inquisitive look before following him into Central Park. What was it that he wanted her to see at this time of day?

"Come on Ash, ya got lead in your shoes?" Franco said over his shoulder before turning back and cutting through Central park and stopping onto Barrett street. He checked his watch. "It's about to start anytime." he assured Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.