[The Last Outlaw] Where Will I Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash caught the bag and began to empty the cash register. Once the bag was full, she quickly went out the back door and waited outside, keeping an eye out for the police.

Franco dragged Assef to the storage room in the back.He grabbed a chair and some duct tape form one of the shelves. he tied Assef's hands and feet together. He put a burlap sack over the man's head before cracking him over the head with the butt of his Colt. He headed out back and met up with Ash. "Alright let's head back." he said

"Yeah, let's go..."

Ash started to walk quickly.

They quickly returned to the apartment building and headed around back. "Yo Paulo, we got you your money!" Franco shouted as he tossed the bag of cash to the shorter, fatter Cuban. Paulo opened the bag and counted the money. "$1800, here is your cut." Paulo said while handing $900 to Franco. Franco walked out from behind the building. He gave Ash her cut before pulling a cigarette and lighting up and offering Ash one.

"I'm hungry" he said as he turned and started down the road. "I know a Indian place that has some kick-ass curry. Care to join me?"

Ash held one hand up as he offered her a cigarette. "Nah, man. I don't smoke. But thanks anyway."

When Franco mentioned food, she sighed as she remembered that she hadn't eaten since she got up. "Sure, why not?"

As they made their way down the road, Franco turned to Ash. "Hey, I would like to say thanks for helping me out back there. A lot of my friends wouldn't due what you did. You are one cold blooded chica."

"It was nothin'," she said. "You aren't so bad yourself. So... where is this Indian place that you mentioned? I don't really see it yet and I have no idea where it would be."

"It's down here a few more blocks, We'll be down there in a few minuets." Franco said. As they continued to walk down the street, a burning question was bothering Franco. "Hey Ash, what happened to your family? I mean, are they still in Chicago or what?"

"Well, my parents divorced because my dad went out and cheated on my mom with some hussy," she said. "My mom moved to Seattle and my dad and his girlfriend got gunned down by gang members when they were coming back from a friend's cookout. My grandparents had moved to Ohio and Indiana when I was young." She looked at Franco. "So, what about you? What happened to your parents?"

"I'm sorry to hear that." Franco said when he heard about Ash's father. "It sounds like our fathers are almost the same person. Mine ran out on the family when I was six. My Mom had to hold down three jobs just to get by."
He paused, before looking down,a tear coming down a cheek. "Then came the heroin, she was addicted to it. She tried to get clean, she tried so hard make a better life for us, but ultimately, she could not beat her demons. She died two tears ago, and then I moved in with my uncle."

"Oh..." Ash suddenly felt pity for him. She reached over and wiped the tear off his cheek. "I'm sorry to hear about your mom."

She gave him a small smile.

"Me too" he said. He slowly made his way down the road. At least she hadn't asked about Afghanistan, he never told anyone about what happened that warm day in August ten years ago. He stooped and turned, "The Indian place is right around the corner, come on."

Ash silently followed him as they turned the corner. "So... ..."

She had no idea what to ask him about besides Afghanistan but he seemed to want to stray away from that.

"So other than holding up old Persian men at delis, what do you else do you enjoy doing?" he said as he held the door open for Ash.

"Eh, not much," she answered, going through the doorway. "I usually take walks in the park or go swimming. Sometimes I take time to read, or I just lounge around and not do much."

She glanced at him. "You got hobbies besides helping the Cuban mob?"

He smirked, "Two things" he said "Bikes and baseball, I love motorcycles. In my free time I fix up bikes at my friend's garage. There is a bike I am currently working on, I guess you could say it is my baby. I also love baseball, I played for my team when I was in high school." He said while sitting at a table and looking at the menu.

"Oh, you played baseball? Well, I could never really get into it, but I'm more into hockey, myself."

She leaned in a little without looking at the menu. "Is it a Harley? I love those bikes."

"Hockey huh, it's pretty cool, I could never play it, I would probably be fighting the whole time." Franco said as he continued to go over the menu.

"Yeah it is a Harley, I replaced most of the parts and painted it a chrome purple with flames painted on the tank."

"That's the best part of the sport! When they duke it out, it becomes very entertaining," she laughed before she started to look over the menu. Her eyes sparkled as he mentioned that the bike was indeed a Harley and what he did to it. "I want to see it later, if you don't mind. Maybe take it out for a spin?"

"Sure, sure, whatever." he said chuckling. "Ya know, your one of the few girls that I get along with around here. I mean, I know we just met yesterday but." he paused a minute to think about next. "Well you're not paying me to whack some chump who looked at her funny like my cousin Sophia/your not having run all across town looking for some new fix like my ex girlfriend Sasha. You seem like a real friend." he said with a genuine but corny smile.

A tall Indian man about Franco's age walked over to the table and asked what they wanted. "Just the usual Rash" Franco chimed. The man known as Rash turned to Ash and asked if she would have anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.