The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MadHex

Original poster

As the title explains this will be a RP based off the video game The Last of Us. Main characters from this game won't be present not unless there is a RPer that truly understands the nature of the two characters Joel & Ellie. I'd prefer them to not be involved because of how much I liked the characters in that game. I don't wish to read their personality or nature be butchered and twisted out of character. So for now as it stands those characters will be considered uninvolved in this story.

I am looking for a right hand member in this to hope me manage this roleplay as I am already hosting another Group RP as it is. Managing both alone would be tough and I'd rather not loose interest simply because of the amount of responsibility. A member who has played and beaten the game would be most desired but if you have only played it or are a Zombie fan and understand the survival theme most of these types of RPs have I would be happy to have you by my side. You will have to be good at coming up with ideas however and progressing the story, adding in possible events for the players to fight through. Collaboration will be between us and no plans will be set into motion until we both have agreed on the proper choice to move the story forward.

As for the members joining, any and all suggestions would be wonderful. Your insight is just as good, if not, better than GMs at times. We tend to overlook possibilities so an idea, whether used or not, is always welcomed. So please, help us make this a better, more successful story. =)

I'd rather have more Mature members joining, as in people with jobs or schooling (like college), so we have more players with a schedule that doesn't range the length of the entire day. I like to keep all players involved and up to date on the stories development. There is no point to join a roleplay when you get left behind because of the eagerness of others. This maybe a turn based RP so if you don't like waiting on others to do their posts you may not want to join. As for the activeness of the RP itself I would think moderate or a mild pace would accommodate other players and work with time zones as well as schedules. I find this as only fair to the rest of the group, as before if you don't fancy this then this RP may not be right for you.

Main goal is story and character development. The crude and mean character grows to care for his/her group and learns to let go of the past and move on to the future with those they care for at their side or...in their hearts. To read the slow change in a character and watch them grow is something I do enjoy reading. No 'Mary-Sue' character would be capable of this because they are perfect from the get go. There is no realism or personality that us as people can relate to when encountering the 'Mary-Sue' (Marty-Stu for you perfect males out there). Make your character believable. Do they have to be complete an total dirt bags not to be a 'Mary-Sue/Marty-Stu'? No, but make the change in your character noticeable. The change from a caterpillar to a butterfly is truly wonderful, make that happen with your character, no matter what their end may be. They could be good at the start and lose their sanity in the end. The possibilities are endless, you just have to think on it. =) I have faith in the members here to do just that.

Anyone interested in an RP based off of this game or if you are just a very enthusiastic Zombie fan please give your input, ask your questions and let me know if this is a form of Roleplay that would interest you. =)

Thank you for taking the time in reading my thread, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
~
MissOutlaw

• Thank You
Reactions: Novum Genus
Well if I get more people interested and involved this Rp will come up. As for time I have already made it known that the activity will be mild so that it works with everyones time zone. I only see it as fair to those who may not have all the time in the world to post to make the Rp more available to them.

I would be interested. I adore zombies and have played a bit of the last of us. Yeah just shoot me a PM if you need my help.

Im interested

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like we are getting some members. :) Thank you everyone for replying. I'm thinking maybe a group of
5 or 6 will do the trick. I can post a sign
up so people can get their CS started.

Reactions: Novum Genus
Definitely in, I've played the entire Last of Us game in a couple days, but haven't been able to replay the story because I hate the awesome suspense that keeps me on edge throughout the entire game >.<

And i understand your Mary-Sue/Marty-Stu thing. While there could be a 'perfect character' in a movie or in life, but a perfect character in any type of literature is total heresy, worthy of nothing, and should be thrown into a pit full of snakes, dragons, flamethrowers, lasers, and other items that insta-kills something.

Anyways, I'd love to join.
If I could do so, may I be an individual, in control of a small group of Scavengers [Which, for me, is the opposite of a Hunter. No specific base, neutral, and are pretty much a group of survivors]?

Definitely in, I've played the entire Last of Us game in a couple days, but haven't been able to replay the story because I hate the awesome suspense that keeps me on edge throughout the entire game >.<
god, is there an RP yo are NOT IN?!?!?!

oh, and i am also interested

They closed signups.

oh, awww
YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.