The Last of Us (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a Italian/Native American/German. He has tan skin...he counts as color right? :D

i guess he counts as colored, but as in colored im going for the more comedic black guy of the group lol the one who walks around the corner and is suprised by a zombie and goes " TAKE THAT MOTHAFUCKA! "

i guess he counts as colored, but as in colored im going for the more comedic black guy of the group lol the one who walks around the corner and is suprised by a zombie and goes " TAKE THAT MOTHAFUCKA! "
He is going to be a fun one that is for sure. Some humor in the RP will help pull from all the darkness most Zombie Rps have. Gotta laugh every once in awhile. =)

I looked through the posts(at least skimmed them, others more in depth).

Is this still open and how many character slots if so? I had two characters in mind, though if there's only one slot, I can probably figure out another character instead :3 Very interested, beat the game like four times already and working on my fifth go on Survivor now that I have all the weapon upgrades XD

Unfortunately right now all our Slots are filled. If a member does leave or another Slot is open then I will put up a notification here so someone else will have a chance to join. But for right now we aren't taking anymore Character Sheet applications. Thank you for checking though. =)

Ah damn, wasn't fast enough I guess XD Okay, thanks anyway :3

I would of liked it if you could but we are full. All slots are filled for right now.

may I ask who were waiting on?

Rosie, but if she doesn't finish her CS by tonight the rest of us will start the RP and she can post once she has finished her CS.

Looking forward to starting. sick of just waiting for an rp to start.

Name: Lysette Jones

Nationality: African American

Birthplace: Nevada, USA

Appearance:
ebony_kiss_by_buta0309_by_delhewittjr-d2z9zqd-1-1.jpg

Lysette stands at 5' 9", almost five inches above the average American woman, making her quite imposing despite her slightness, weighing in at around 140 lbs soaking wet. Lysette has a few scars from scrapes with bandits, but they're mostly on her arms, back, and sides. Her skin is North African, pale compared to Congolese, but dark compared to Egyptian, like dark caramel, and her eyes are bright brown. Her hair is, naturally, black as midnight and curly, although her maintenance of it has loosened it up.

Personality: Protector Archetype - Lysette is not afraid to kill, but will only attack a human if provoked. She is capable of making swift judgements about who to protect and who to destroy based on appearances, demeanors, and even how they shoot. With this skill, Lysette can make a snap decision on whether an individual will make a positive or negative impact on the human race, and thus, spare, kill, protect, or abandon them based on her judgements. She protects the intelligent, regardless of strength and situation, so long as their knowledge is not used for wrongdoings. Everyone else, she helps if she can, but can make no guarantees.

Lysette prefers to stay out of the way of civilization, not one to be tied down by rules and regulations. She knows where to go to get what she needs, and helps anybody she can to find supplies if they need it. Lysette is incompetent with modern medicine, but has heard enough old wives' tales to make a nice herbal poultice for most whatever ails you - as long as it doesn't require surgery. She has no idea how to cure an infection ,and thus, prefers the time-honored remedy of a bullet to the brain, whoever she's dealing with. Can't have a genius going zed and biting others, can we?

Backstory:

Skills:
Handguns - Any gun Lysette can hold in one hand and shoot is a good gun to her. She's a master of handguns, from submachine guns and machine pistols, to big irons and semi-automatic, high-powered pistols.

Herbal Medicine - Lysette is extremely competent with traditional medicine, but is unknowing to modern medication. She knows how to take acetaminophen, but don't ask her to perform surgery or administer shots. Of course, she knows just how to combine herbs to provide relief from symptoms of syphilis, she can cure trenchfoot, and she knows how to disinfect a wound with poppy seeds and broc pollen.

Agility - Lysette is capable of scaling cities, within reason. She can grab onto an edge and pull herself up, but she can't scale a skyscraper by grasping windowsills. She can also easily avoid walkers in a large enough area, and has only been grazed or nicked in the past by a machete-wielding bandit.

Survivability - How do you survive a dust storm? Goggles and a bandana. How about a thunderstorm? Abandoned building. Apocalypse? Ask her later, she'll figure it out. Out of ammo? Follow her, she knows where all the guns are. Oh, and watch your back in the grocery store - bandits love hiding there, but it's a good source of food.

Psychological Adeptness - The only fields of science Lysette could ever claim to be good at are botany and psychology. She can manipulate others and observe their actions to define their personalities. She doesn't LIKE to manipulate others, but if you find yourself doing something dangerous for her, you're probably on her blacklist.

Equipment:
Desert Shawl and Goggles - Linen shawl or cape which protects her from the elements, primarily, the desert, as she can cover her mouth and nose with it. Also, she keeps a pair of goggles in there in case of dust.

Bandolier and Ammo Belt - Pouches, hoops, and holsters. Lysette can keep plenty of ammo on her by storing it in pouches and hoops, and her ammo belt can slot handgun holsters, while her bandolier has space for a rifle or shotgun.

Rucksack - A handy rucksack for carrying food, herbs, and other supplies.

Weapons:
.357 Python w/ speedloader - A .357 is a handy gun to have. Mass-produced for replacement parts, popular cartridge size, and a beautiful Python's just the gun to have. The speedloader helps keep the fray clear and ammo stocked.

10mm Auto Bren Ten - A 10mm is a nice cartridge for a pistol - big holes, low recoil. Not a very popular model, and 10mm cartridges are scarcer than 9mm, but you can't roll around a bad situation without a semi-auto on your hip.

Other: Lysette is capable of using rifles, first aid medical supplies, and cooperating with others, but she prefers handguns because of her ease of use, making them better for her, personally; she likes herbal medicines because they're often more useful than first aid, except for bandages and gauze; and most people she meets are either bandits or searching for civilization. She'd have no problem living on the winds with some nice beau to keep her company.

Last edited:
Name: Robert Lee Hammond

Nationality: Texan [American is completely different, much less awesome]

Birthplace: Fort Hood, Texas

Appearance: http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k495/bajireyn/442px-ReachConcept_SoldierVariant.png
He's only about 6 foot, and he's got far more muscle than fat.

Personality: Strategic thinker. Loves firing guns and making stuff explode just for the hell of it. Not much of a loud person, but he can have helpful insight in many situations. Also is a real strategist/thinker. He's more likely to build a new weapon than he is to make it across a city.

Backstory: Born and raised in and around Fort Hood, he grew up somewhat peacefully. No other kids messed with Rob, because his father was one of the more higher-ranking soldier at Fort Hood, and his authority carried on naturally to Robert, making him a natural leader when he was younger. He spent most of his life at Fort Hood, being homeschooled and advancing quickly through his courses, and taking military-type training on the side. When he was 14, he could beat up an 18 year old. by the time Robert was 20, he could beat up anybody without a sweat. His life was peaceful, and relatively uneventful.

When Rob went to college, he almost breezed through, barely having to actually pay for anything [Smaller school offered full run] and got out in 5 years, having 2 majors and then he went back to Fort Hood, and became a US Marine.

Since then, he's been to Iraq and back, then again, and then promoted to staff sergeant. Rob spent the next 5 years training recruits. On his 5th year, the world fell apart. He tried to defend Fort Hood for as long as he could, but when the defenses started to fail, the soldiers of the base decided to save Fort Hood the best they could, and lured the horde they had accumalated away by simply leaving, and shooting at them from behind, and then running away. Most of the soldiers died, and nearly all the survivors are scattered everywhere. Only a single platoon was left on the base: Rob's platoon.

Skills:
- Endurance [Running, fighting, whatever]
- Close-combat fighting
- Firearms in general, from a pistol to a JAVELIN missile launcher
- Strength things
- Building stuff
- Crafting stuff

Equipment: Basic US Marine gear, and then some. Plenty of MREs, extra mags, water bottles, and other knickknacks, such as a compass, thermostat, flashlight and batteries, chain cutters, fishhooks, a couple rolls of fishing line, and a weapon cleaning kit.

Weapons: M4 Assault Rifle, Combat knife, and a machete.

Other: Wears a new light-armor suit, with a chestplate, backplate, upper arm guards, and thigh-guards. While not in top-condition, works well enough to keep a pistol's bullet from tearing into the flesh, or from a zombie biting through. However, forearms, forelegs, neck, side, and underarms are still exposed to bite, through the strong US marine uniform fabric. Also is wearing a helmet that a pistol wouldn't be able to fire through, or a zombie be able to bite or claw through.

I think Lysette and Rob would be a good pair: They'll both probably work together best. She's a bit more close when it comes to combat, being a handgun user, and fast enough to dodge many hits, while Rob can hold back and send a burst through different walkers/bandits heads as support, and can and will hold his own with his own fists.

As someone who's lived in Texas his whole life, I can tell you that this place is really not that great.

As someone that has lived in Texas his whole life, I can tell you that there is a 5 to 1 ratio of hispanics/blacks to whites. Or at least where I go to school at.

Status
Not open for further replies.