Status
Not open for further replies.
Frazer's gaze went over each person that stood nearby depending on whoever was talking, ensuring he heard every bit of what they had to say on the matter. When it came down to them dedicating themselves to this attack a sigh escaped the wolf, but nothing more. If they succeed they will have all of the order combing these lands to find them if they even get a whiff of this raid being Brom's doing. If they are to survive they will have to seek refuge away from the cities. Even with that in mind the idea of liberation didn't really sound like such a bad idea even if it had little to no tactical advantage in this situation. Long has Frazer lived a life where he had to turn his head away from evil, and now this is the time where even the Dark Rose will approve of his direct actions against the order. That thought slowly seeped in up to the point where he felt it was necessary to speak once more.

"Perhaps we can turn to my friends on this one. The Dark Rose are possibly the only source of information when it comes to extracting rumors of where these tunnels might be. Maybe we can find those who had escaped the compound entirely in order to find our answers." The Druid suggested, his hand lifting up from the board to point out the closest cemetery. "The closest cell might be here. We are known for hiding in the catacombs if there is no established hideout whithin our ring."

The entire time that Aeron was rambling on, Daemon was too preoccupied with his own thoughts. His mind had instantly begun racing in an attempt to come up with a plan of action in regards to how he was supposed to handle the slave compound. The best thing to do would be to sneak in at night. Slash a few throats. Let their horses loose to create a commotion if he was discovered and blend into the chaos. It wouldn't be too difficult - find the generals, kill them while they sleep.

He could possibly poison their mead reserves to weaken them. That, however, would take too much time.

Daemon fished out his flask and took one more large swig before rummaging through his pockets. He found a singular gold coin and tossed it towards Aeron's general direction, completely uncaring whether or not he actually caught it. "Here, kid. Buy yourself some ice cream or something."

As soon as Daemon found himself inside the tavern, the first thing he did was fill up his flask with some hard liquor. Then he found a group of... well, different people huddled around a map. He assumed they were the people that idiot was talking about, so he approached.

"Your loudmouth of a friend told me you people were going to raid that compound." He said, giving everyone a quick one-over, "What's your plan?"

Brom looked at the man from underneath his hood, taking in his features. It would seem that Aeron had managed to recruit at least one other person crazy enough to join them in their crusade to free the slaves. Although he may not be the utmost trustworthy, the half-elf would have to live by the motto that the enemy of his enemy was his friend. And, in the end, Brom was going to need as many enemies as he could get.

"Right now we're going to meet with a cell of the Black Rose, should one be nearby. Either way, the plan right now is to arm as many of the slaves as possible and, after a small uprising and hopefully the death of a sorcerer, we will lead a mass exodus using old mining tunnels. We're going to take the Ieleth Compound, not to be confused with the Leleth Compound to the far west. If we succeed, we will be saving over five thousand live, taking them and bringing them to the fight against the Dark God and the High Command. If you will join us, we can use every hand available."

Amelia Norwyn

Sound of hooves clopping against gravel filled the silence, Amelia's grip on the horse's reigns loose as she casually rode the steed. As usual, she had no clue where she was going. While she had been travelling across Tyr for several years, only settling down here and there for months at best, the region was still large and mostly unexplored to her.

And that fueled her wanderlust even more. To know that there was still someone out there who could challenge her. Very few had, some of which being commanders and generals of The High Command such as The Black Knight. It was strange how it was quite difficult to come across a truly skilled warrior. Or maybe, she was just truly better than most.

She would not get too full of herself, though. The Black Knight had taught her that pride comes before the fall. That single encounter had still left her ego bruised, she felt as though she bounced back quite well. Still, it had been some time since she had even heard a mutter in regards to one of The Command's most notorious knights.

The sound of commotion soon filled her ears and pulled her out of her thoughts. Opening her eyes, she was unfazed when she found a group of bandits in her path. Watching as the group of highwaymen drew their weapons, a smile spread across her face.

"Zis is unexpected." She commented as she dismounted from her horse and, in one fluid motion, her spear was in her hands, embers dancing around the blade. "Ve shall make zis quick, yes?" Amelia inquired rhetorically, having already decided herself before dashing forward.

Amelia's eyes lazily took in the town as her horse slowly trotted along. She could only hope the town would not be as disappointing as the previous one. Aside from random encounters with bandits or overeager High Command scouting parties, she had not necessarily encountered anything exceptionally challenging.

And that was boring.

Pulling on the reigns, she guided the horse to the most crowded tavern. If there was any excitement to find, surely it would be there. Dismounting from the steed, she tied it to one of the posts outside the establishment. Pushing her way inside, she was not surprised the tavern was caught up in some revelry. Ignoring the stares and calls of some of the more drunk patrons, a smirk made its way onto her face when she saw something that truly interested her.

'Zis trip was worz it.'
[/hr]

As soon as Daemon went into Aranem's Tavern, Aeron immediately went to the next tavern. He didn't know what they were celebrating, but the jolly air and mixture of spirits made it easy enough to get free alcohol. And that was more than enough for Aeron. Though, not wanting to get too caught up in the revelry of the locals, Aeron found himself a nice little corner table where he could drink in peace without being disturbed.

Or rather, that was his intention. Didn't work out that way, though. Before he could even get a second swig of his ale, a chair was being dragged to his table. All he wanted was a moment to himself to relax. Was that too much to ask? But no, instead he probably had some drunk coming up to him with the intention of striking up a pointless conversation or with the offer of joining in on the gambling. Huffing, Aeron slammed he mug on the table, prepared to angrily dismiss whoever was intending on bothering him, yet as soon as he met the eyes of who was trespassing on his personal time, he paused.

With a stone faced expression, he stared at Amelia, his features betraying no emotion. He watched as she slid the chair closer to the table before sitting across from him.

"Warden." He muttered out a greeting, his hand wrapping tighter around the mug. Aeron could only ponder which God he had pissed off. He didn't know why any of them would be angry with him - he insulted all of them equally. It's not like he had a particular issue with one more than the other. Okay, that wasn't true, but that didn't necessarily count. "Can I help you?"

"I did not expect to come across you in a place like zis." Amelia commented, her usual challenging smirk on her face. She had questions, lots of questions, but she pushed them aside momentarily. First, she had to admire her fortune - she had been in search of some form of excitement, and she found it quicker than she had expected. "Zo, Corvyx-"

"Aeron." The legionnaire quickly interjected, glaring at the woman across from him as he took a drink from his mug, the ale suddenly tasting quite sour. Out of all the ways his day could be ruined, this was arguably one of the worst.

"Aeron." Amelia pursed her lips, as if the name was painful to say. "Such a bland name, but if zat is what you prefer, I zhall accommodate you." She said with a hand wave, clearly annoyed.

"Neverzeless, what brings one such as yourself here? Ze usual?" Amelia questioned and Aeron breathed out a rough sigh.

"No. I don't know how much someone like you knows, Warden or not, but we, The Ashen Legion, found The Last Mage. And now he wants to go raid Ieleth to free the slaves. So, trying to find people crazy enough to go along with it." Aeron explained and a look of shock crossed Amelia's face, genuinely surprised. This was something she didn't expect.

"You are wiz Ze Ashen Legion?" She inquired incredulously, getting a nod from Aeron. "And you've found Ze Last Mage? Zat is nozhing more zan a myzh." Amelia argued and Aeron sighed before standing. Downing the rest of the ale, he put the ale back on the table.

"Are you still searching for a challenge?" Aeron questioned with narrowed eyes and Amelia stood.

"Yes. And here I zought your... Change would make zis difficult." She commented and Aeron shook his head.

"I take you to see the mage, he shows he's not a myth, then you help us raid the compound. There's your challenge." Aeron said before narrowing his eyes. "And you keep your mouth shut."

"About?" Amelia inquired, a taunting smirk on her face.

"Corvyx."

"And if I don't?"

"Don't make this more annoying."

"Fine. I look forward to meeting zis mage." Amelia said before stepping aside while Aeron walked past her, quickly leaving the tavern with the Warden right on his heels. "How did you wind up with ze Legion?"

"None of your business." Aeron grumbled out as he led her to Aranem's Tavern, pushing the door open roughly as he stepped back inside and Amelia quickly followed suit. Immediately her gaze fell on Brom before she looked around, her eyebrow slowly raising. "I found a Warden." Aeron casually announced, thumbing towards Amelia.

"You guys decided on what we're going to do, yet?" He inquired, mentally noting when Thalia came out of the kitchen, the fiery haired pirate looking awkwardly at the sudden influx of people with half a loaf of bread in her mouth.

"A Templar. A Warden. A Stormraider. A Legionnaire." Amelia muttered under her breath in amusement, an old joke coming to mind.

Daemon folded his arms as he both listened and investigated the map, nodding as Brom finished explaining. Arming the slaves wasn't a bad course of action, however he knew that he couldn't rely on mistreated and very likely malnourished individuals, even if they had the numbers. These assholes they were going up against would undoubtedly be using some kind of vile power against them, not to mention that their tactics could sometimes be... cruel. To most, at least.

The Vaux had little worry for a couple of slaves if it meant the end of a sect of Acolytes.

Ignoring the 'joke' of the newcomer that came in with Aeron, Daemon begun to think out loud as he gazed over the map, "Leleth. The typical formation of one of the High Command's Slave Compounds. Usually heavily guarded. But there's a loophole." He began drawing lines, pathways with his finger on the map, "Based on its locale, this is the 'back' entrance, so to speak. The southern wing. The walls are thicker and taller here, thus there are fewer guard patrols that way. Perfect for subtle entry with the cover of the night."

Daemon looked to Brom, who he assumed was the leader of this makeshift posse, "While you talk to the elves, I'll scout ahead from that very entrance. It's less likely that I'll be noticed if I go by myself. I'll be able to carve out an entry point for you." He explained, "Now, if you really want to arm the slaves, we have to give them some decent gear so they don't end up as dog food within the first few skirmishes. I'm familiar with the layout of these compounds. Not my first visit to a place like this. Here-" He tapped his finger on the map, "Should be their armory. Seizing and holding it will both give us an advantage, and them a disadvantage. They will most likely have some black powder there which we can use for one of two things. Both, if you're creative enough: to make a distraction, or to help us with our escape. Push comes to shove we can just blow the entire armory altogether. I'll let you decide."

"Sound good?"

Frazer looked up upon hearing the unknown man's entry and rather blunt context, his right hand instinctively coming up to wrap around the handle of his blade while the others spoke. To hear the mage's recap then hear the stranger's offer to give them massage made the Druid rather cautious about the man. Regardless of his intentions or his affiliation those of which the Druid didn't know of, there was the liability that came with investing soo much in just some random person who happened to come based off a rumor.

"I advise against that plan." Frazer said as he released the handle of his blade. While he continued to speak the dark rose associate began running a finger from the city to the map. "Putting all our cards on one man, which I will go to say I only trust him as far as I can throw him... Is destined to bring failure. If you wish to do this you might have to bring the other man along so to make sure the job is done. I can come into contact with our friends in the cemetery, I just need time... And your word, Brom."

Alexis had been sitting quietly and listening. Like Frazer, she was first shocked that Brom so readily trusted someone who had just walked up to them, without so much an as introduction; and second not sure one person could gain entry to an armory within a prison alone. it was bold, and she normally would appreciate such a thing, but they could not afford to be scattered out without back up or means of communication.

"I have to express my doubts as to whether one person could mange such a thing alone, and even if they could...the wisdom of isolating yourself from the rest of the party with no means of communication." Her thoughts were such a garbled mess as she saw, scenario after scenario of all the ways this could go wrong, in a bad way. She looked at Hellena who was not normally quiet for quite this long in such situations, but she got no comfort there.

She looked at Brom then, "What is your decision then?' she asked, "Do we wait for the BlaCk Rose?" she asked, "Perhaps they would be willing to assist?' she asked looking at Frazer, "Prothos only knows we could use more bodies and swords in this."

She needed some extra mediation time. She was feeling a slight disconnect and it was bothering her.

Hellena was more than a little amused by the whole conversation swirling around her. She had offered her thoughts earlier and since no one seemed to think it held merit, she now listened as they hashed out other options. Unlike Frazer and Alexis she was not at all surprised when Daemon joined them. However, she didn't feel the need to inform them of that fact either.

She hadn't felt the gods speaking to her, so she was being quiet. They would decide how to proceed and she would follow. if the gods spoke, so would she. She felt Alexis' eyes on her but she did not give any indication of comfort or agreement. She was feeling somewhat disconnected from the process, and that generally meant she had no voice. She was accustomed to much happening without need of her 'sight' but sometimes her own personal emotional responses got in the way. This could be one such time.

She waited with the others for Brom's response. Perhaps, she would ahve something to add afterward, perhaps not.

[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Folding his arms, Aeron watched Brom closely, their eyes meeting for only half a second. In that moment, an understanding was made between the two.

"I will follow to Aeron's judgement, on this. He has led you this far, and from what I understand, this... 'Grand Master' Valerius trusts him." Brom stated and Aeron choked. That wasn't the understanding Aeron had gotten from that stare; he thought they were just both in agreement they needed to eat.

"Why am I not surprised..." He muttered under his breath, his gaze shifting to Hellena. Why was she being so quiet? She should have been speaking the loudest and explaining everything they needed to be doing. He didn't want to lead anyone, not anymore, at least. But, he didn't argue. Instead, he quickly made everyone recount their suggestions on how to proceed before he let out a sharp sigh.

"I dislike the idea of using our Oracle as bait, especially when we're so close to the revel, but we'll keep it as an option. Chances are, even if we did use the lure of a Seer to draw him out, that'd definitely bring his Generals with him. He wouldn't even leave the compound without them. That I know for a fact." He rubbed his chin as he looked among everyone present. "I'm going to level with you, Frazer, I don't like the thought of putting our faith all in one guy either, but we can use him to scout out the back entrance if the tunnels turn out to be a bust. Worst case scenario, he dies and when he doesn't come back, we'll know breaching through the back isn't an option. We all know I hate magic, but we need as much assistance as we can get, so if you can get in touch with anyone of the Black Rose - do it." Aeron said before he turned to Hellena.

"I need you to do me a favor. There's a... Mercenary I want you to find. A dwarf - Garrouc Oakarmour. I imagine since you were able to find Brom, it won't be too hard to find him. Thalia, you're a people person. Go around town and see if you can find anyone you think is able-bodied enough to actually help with this. People from this town have probably been taken as slaves, so I'd imagine there's at least a few people pissed off enough to assist us." Aeron said, rubbing his chin as he thought about the town they were in. "Amelia, Alexis - you two should scout up north of the town towards the mountains. Not long ago it was a popular spot for High Command scouts to stash their gear; if we can better arm at least a few people before we assault the compound, our chances of not fucking everything up will significantly increase. So long as I have at least 20 good men... err, and women... people... I can pull this off. Well, we can pull this off."

"But, before that..." Aeron changed the subject when Aranem exited from the kitchen with various dishes of food, placing them across the table. "I'm going to eat."[/fieldbox]

Hellena lifted a brow at Aeron, and pressed her lips together and proceeded to stare at him in that unnerving manner she had. It always appeared she was looking right through you, when in fact, she was not seeing you at all, but beyond you and into the mists that were her visions and second sight.

She heard nothing of the rest of his proclamation, but she tipped her head and let out a soft huff of air, "Garrouc Oakarmour is at this moment attempting to find our party." she informed him. "He is unfortuneately moving away from our present location. But he is only about two hours south of us, not far from the Temple where you fought the dragon." She looked at Alexis, "You should do as you feel," she said crytically, "You will feel better once you ahve done so and your scouting will be fruitful and productive afterward."

She looked to Amelia, "You will see a large rock in the shape of a man's head," she said, "There will be an odd mechanism inside a nostril. Activate it and you will find the weapons inside a hidden cave. You will need a way to transprt them back." She didn't elaborate on that, since she figured they could work such details out themselves.

She looked back at Aeron, "Do you require any other favors, Aeron?" she inquired. That sideways grin was there showing that her former ill humor had been replaced by that normal sightly off, sense of humor.

Alexis was surprised by both Aeron and Hellena when they separately soke to her. She nodded to Hellena, "I will do so Hellena," she assured her and looked to Amelia, "I really must take a bit of time before we leave to give honor and reverence to my patron. I have not worshipped this day." She explained, "I will return shortly and we can be on our way."

She looked at Aeron, but did not speak. Her eyes traveled to Brom, who seemed to have a purpose but not the leadership and tactical knowledge to plan. It was wise to make use of personnel at your disposal to manage tasks you yourself may not be able to skillfully perform. She gave him a nod before she left for her room and once there knelt to pray and restore her inner focus.

Frazer looked over at Aeron with a raised brow, showing evident confusion towards the man's change of character. The confusion slowly transitioned into one of approval as the Druid returned a nod and a smirk to the man. "If anything they can help slip equipment in.. Or perhaps disrupt the patrol routes whithin the prison. I'll see what I can do about atleast having an extra body or two by our side sire." Frazer said, a chuckle escaping him after his little emphasized word. "You can always count on a leader who didn't ask for the role."

Reactions: PoetLore
Arms folded as he was leaning against a wooden pillar, Daemon was listening to the conversation. When they had mostly started doubting him, the halfling was starting to get annoyed and began debating whether he should just leave and do everything himself. On one hand, this whole conversation was a colossal waste of time. On the other, he could understand why they were doubtful of him. Aside Aeron it looked like they knew next to nothing about him. That might have been the reason why Aeron and this Brom person decided to let him go by himself in the first place. Aside from that, that blind woman, she... unnerved him, for some reason.

When give honor and reverence to my patron. I have not worshipped this day was said, Daemon couldn't help rolling his eyes.

"Brilliant!" He exclaimed, feigning excitement, "You do you and I'll do me. When you're done trying to kiss your God's ass get yourself over to Leleth's southern wall." Daemon added before taking a large gulp out of his flask, "You'll see a corpse. If it's one of theirs - coast is clear. If it's mine... well, shit." He shrugged, pulled his hood over his head and casually strolled out of the tavern without so much as another word.

[fieldbox=Amelia Norwyn, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Vhat a rude man." Amelia quipped in response to Daemon before her gaze returned to the others. Standing somewhat awkwardly, Amelia cleared her throat before she formally introduced herself to everyone present. "Since Aeron forgot to do introduce me, I am Lady Amelia Norwyn of Londe." She said with a slight bow, the manners that had been ingrained in her since childhood dictating her actions and tone. Taking a seat across from Frazer, sitting beside Aeron, she warily eyed the dishes that had been laid out across the table, mentally noting that said Legionnaire and Thalia were already eating.

Where were their manners?

Returning her attention to Frazer, she hummed quietly.

"Aeron did not intend to lead, but as a former Lord Colonel Major Centurion, he's more zan capable." Amelia spoke calmly as she examined one of the rolls of bread, a smirk spreading across her face when Aeron froze. "Zough zat is not my business." Taking a bite of the bread, Amelia slightly bowed once more.

"Zank you for your guidance, Oracle. I shall work out how to bring ze weapons back vhile I wait for Lady Alexis." She said before exiting the tavern, standing beside the door as she considered where she could get a cart. Perhaps, if they were lucky, the outpost would have some way of transporting the weapons. [/fieldbox]

• Love
[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Please don't call me sire." Aeron grumbled through a bite of meat, glaring at the plate as he tried to focus on eating. Though, he almost choked in response to Amelia's little 'exposition'. He knew she was trying to mess with him. The worst part?

It was working.

Rubbing his face, Aeron sighed.

"I don't really need any more favors from you, but rather it'd be really convenient if you'd tag-along. Garrouc is somewhat of a... wild man, and I'd need a more calm person who'd actually try to talk some sense into him. Because if it's only me we'd probably waste time trying to kill each other. It's what happened last time, at least." Aeron explained as Thalia stood, the Stormraider stretching before placing a hand on her side where she had been wounded.

She was feeling better, but her movements were noticeably a bit sluggish.

"Well, I've ate, so I'll go look around and see if I can find anyone." She announced before exiting the tavern.

"While we're working on all of this, I'd advise you rest or meditate or whatever..." Aeron said, looking to Brom. "You need to be rested if you intend on battling a Sorcerer of The High Command." The Legionnaire shrugged as he returned to eating, not wanting to have to go deal with the Dwarf on an empty stomach.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Hellena turned her eyes to Daemon and both brows winged up. "It is always refreshing to hear the voice of an unbeliever be so bold," she said as she looked directly at him, though she would obviously not have any way to actually know where he was standing. Her gaze would bore into him, "You will be very glad of the gods favor before this journey ends," she said in a very knowing way. "Just because you do not understand or agree, does not mean someone else's faith is miplaced." She was a person of epic level faith, but she walked in the guidance and wya of the gods on a daily and even minute by minute level. So she had compassion on those who did not understand as she did.

She tipped her head and nodded, "I will be your calm," she said with a slight grin. She could tell Amelia's revelation had irked hime and for some reason that amused her, and made her like the woman all the more. "It is a plesure to meet you Lady Amelia Norwyn," she said with a slight bow of her head, "We do appreciate your help. Anyone who can annoy our fearless leader is a welcome addition to our party."

Alexis paused at the doorway before she departed to pray when the new man spoke, but she did not comment. She did not require his approval. Her chin rose a level and she left then to make her way to her room.

She knelt beside the bed and held her sword in both her hands and bowed her head. She prayed until she felt the light flow into her soul and that familiar sense of peace filled her. She stood and pulled on her armor and then, sheathing her sword and shouldering her bow and quiver, made her way back down to the main hall of the resting place. She went out into the town to search for Amelia.

Beginning the next morning, the group began their way to cemetery, meeting with the nearest cell of the Black Rose. From there, aid came in the form of a satchel filled with arcane explosives and the half-elf spreading word of a meeting of all the rebellion leaders who could attend at the ruins of Tuminor, a fallen city that was vacated by the High Command so that they could search for ancient treasures. Other than that, aid came in great might of a dwarf and the locations of various weapons caches across the mountain.

During their trek, Brom took to reading his scrolls and studying how to fortify his mind. The old texts stated there were two types of mages, those who required to utilize their will in addition with the Elder Tongue- an ancient language that one couldn't lie with while speaking- and those who needed only their will. However, until magic truly came to Brom, it would be impossible to know. But these words were power, so he strove to learn as much as he could.

The trek itself would take three days before they neared the hidden tunnels, the group stopping to go over their plan of attack.

"We'll just be going over the plan before we begin.

"Alexis and Hellena will enter through the main gate using our two horses, claiming to have a vision for Osan. During this time, the remainder of us will begin to move the weapons cache nearer to the other end of the mining tunnels. Once that is completed, Buras and Aeron will plant the explosives and prime them for detonation. Frazer and Daemon will begin to arm the slaves and incite the riot while Amelia and I sweep through the fortress in attempt to find Osan's records and, hopefully, eliminate or at least weaken the sorcerer. Otherwise, be on the look out for an elf by the name of Celebror. Celebror is almost five hundred years old, one of the few elves to have reclaimed the longevity from before the First Genocide. He is the leader of the slaves here and can help organize them.

"Other than that, let's get this work done as fast as we can. We begin the uprising itself at dusk. Creator be with you all."

@Beowulf

During the journey there, he had enough time to at least learn their names and who they worked for. And it was a right hodgepodge of groups. Two of them famously tending not to see eye to eye. And there was even the last mage, supposedly, among them. And he was a halfling, so that was a thing. He had expected the last mage to be an elf or a human. Well the combination of the two apparently hadn't been out of the question because there he stood right in front of him.

"Alright then, boy," Buras said as he got off his horse, how he managed to get on it in the first place was a mystery even when you watched him do it. Grunting a little as he landed on the ground, he hefted his axe over one of his shoulders and took half of the explosive powders before stepping to one side to wait for Aeron. "Come on, we don't have all day. The sun stays up for only so long." He said, waving for him to hurry up for emphasis.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.