The Last Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LoveIsInTheWriting

Original poster
"Long ago, there lived an ainchent light being who crawled up from the surface of the water, at midnight...once every year without fail to bring the creatures of earth the gift of light to shine and bring warmth until the same day the next year...April 17th...which..." I sigh "is today...and that's why the light ceremonies are taken place on the same day each year yada...yada..."
I could feel the wind gently blow through my long curly hair as I darted my eyes back and forth quickly skimming through the pages.
"I can't seem to find--" I began then suddenly went silent and sat up, previously laying under a tree.
A single brown curl bounced in between my chocolate eyes as I kept reading.
"If the light shall ever shatter, only a man and a woman...diamonds in the rough shall be worthy to wield the gloves of strength and the shield of Justice...they must be talking about the molds of stone presented each year..." I scoffed.
"Legend has it that when the heroes die, their weapons is claimed by sacred stone in the Garden of Sarah, so that the reincarnation of these two may rise again in our hour of need--what weirdness..." I said and rolled my eyes before placing the book down.
"Who knows if that stuff is real..." I began and stood up dusting myself off.
Suddenly, there was a light whisper:

"Fair maiden, surely you are the chosen hero from our tales..."

Hearing this sent a shiver up my spine, and darting my head around I gasped sharply.
"Hello?" I asked, in a worried tone; "my name is Teresa...is anyone there?"

The forest didn't make a single sound for half a minute...no birds, nor crickets.
My breathing grew erratic, and I could feel myself becoming more and more anxious.
"H-hello!!" My voice slipped in a cracked voice before the firmiliar cracks of fireworks were heard miles away, relieving me just a bit.

"Oh no!! The ceremony is starting! I'm going to miss the party!" I exclaimed before dashing over towards the City of Light!

<~~~<★>~~~>

What is it then? What is it that I am?

They call me fallen. They call me twisted. They call me perverse.

Why? Is it because I am no longer truly of the Wood? Is it because I dance not to the rhythm and rhymes of forest deep and spirits wise? Is it because I an not tied to no one sapling, ancient nor single stump?

They call me dark. They call me wicked. They call me murder.

They are right to call me such nasty things.

They are right to call me such names for they are all me.

I am of the Wood no longer. I dance only to the beat of my own drum...

...and for Her. I dance because of my love for Her. Oh, but how I miss Her so. I miss Her so much my heart should bleed to fill the oceans of this accursed and blighted world.

If I had a heart that is.

True, I do not have a live beating heart; for She has it. And they have Her locked away. But I have found part of the key that will unlock Her from the ageless durance. After all this time... there it lays prone, pristine and oh so perfectly untouched. Oh, how I will claim that part of the key. Oh, how I will violate it. Oh, how it will know the pain it caused Her.

Ooooohhh.... how I will violate it.

If I had a heart it would beat faster as my midnight hued eyes trace its oh-so-dear curves all the way up to its loverly earthy brown locks. It's eyes... so loverly, flowing like fountains of mortal sweets as it reads that book. Oh, that book. Read then, keyling, for it will the last thing you read... I will have you. I will use you. But first... but first I will rip your eyes from their sockets. I will have them as proof of my success. I will show them to the other part of the key. I will make it eat your eyes.

Your eyes for my missing loved one's pain. What do you think she sees in her prison? Exactly. And you will experience the same thing. Now then.

What is it then? What is it that I am?

Time for you to find out.

But then that voice whispers out to the keyling and now I am stymied. Damn, that voice and damn it again! I must take respite. I must not make myself known. I will remain hidden. It is not time. Not yet. But...

As it flees, bound towards the City of Light, I now have a certain power over it. I know what it calls itself. A name is but a path to a True Name, especially when spoken by the voice of the owner of said True Name. I will know it. I will. Teresa. Chosen one? Rubbish. You are Teresa.

Teresa.

Teresa.

Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa. Teresa.
Teresa.

Flee then, keyling. Flee from me.

For I am coming for you.

And you eyes...

I will have them.

I will.

<~~~<★>~~~>

Men, women and children everywhere were chatting about as I walked into the peaceful city.
Lanterns and rune symbols of different colors were displayed all across the roofs of the buildings as vendors displayed different types of curios for all ages...and on the biggest, tallest stage was the legendary shield and gloves held by the sacred land of Sarah.

Another whisper, as if in my very ear itself:

"Lost one, seek your true nature...what you ancestors have bound before you..."

"What my...ancestors..." I repeated in a whisper and stared directly at the gloves, they were glowing...a slight red color, it was so beautiful..."
The reflection of my eyes had given it away, I was in a trance...I could feel my very soul being pulled towards it in a haste.

"The gloves of the--"

"TERESA!!"
An arm...around my shoulder?

It was Rubio, an aquantence of mine...he was in a group called The Rune Dusters, who always seemed to have the same colored garbs and secret handshakes.

They were their own people, and I? I have always been by myself...abandoned as a child and raised by people who could not care less about my well being.

"What? What do you want?" I spat, completely annoyed by the solid fact that I was yelled at.

However, before this male could answer I found myself close to the sacred artifact...in fact so close that my hand was inches away from grabbing the gloves of strength.
I chuckled nervously before wrenching my hand away, glancing at all the people who were just...staring...at me.
I could feel my heart pound and my cheeks flush from embarrassment...then choked up.

--Don't cry, don't you dare cry! You'll just embarrass yourself more!!-- I thought to myself before walking down the steps of the stage, avoiding anyone's gaze directly...in fact I was staring at the ground.

What was going on within me? Something strange that's for sure, I could feel...more exilirated and complete...more...alive!
More alive than I had been in a very long time, since I was a child...blissfully unaware of the cruel world and the people who had abandoned me...

"Hey...are you okay?"
Rubio, once again...what did he want?
"Just...stay away from me..." I mumbled, my stomach now cringing from the sting of the humiliating display from only moments ago.

"Now, why would I do that...even if embarrassed a beautiful girl such as yourself should not be alone on the day of all days..."

"I said--beautiful? You find me...beautiful?" I slowly asked turning which was at first away from him and now it was towards him.
"Many people find me beautiful, and I myself know I am...what makes you so different from the others?"
The cocky little man just smirked, and laughed;
"Because I mean it..."

Growing rather irritated, I walked closer to him, the poor man was probably thinking that I was going to be either passionate or a tease but he was mistaken.

"And you think the others don't, oh please...I've seen your kind...warbling about from one woman to another without a care in the world, your reputation procedues you...a womanizer...well read my lips."
I then pointed at my thin, young red lips "I am not interested in you...don't bother even trying to impress me, because I...know...better!"

Rubio stood there with a look of discust and shock before scoffing, "you know...they were right...your a freak! Always reading your little books all alone!"
The mere child left leaving the girl to herself again...who was drawn to the gloves.

"The whisps call out to those who need it, take it child...take the gloves and know your true bound destiny like your ancestors before you"

"It's not working, she's not taking it...but she's intrigued...we need more!!"

"Patience sisters..."

Three robed women in colors of white surrounded a crystal ball, and the leader was Clancy, the eldest...living thousands of years...

"I have foreseen the days of new and if what Klendoside say is true then we are all in grave danger...the chosen ones should not have awaken and chosen a body unless a dark evil was taking place!"
All three women turned to the sacred ground of Tamaran where the light creature rises.

"If the diamond ever shatters...the eight pieces will transform into horrific monsters, lost in the way of their true form...this the evil that wishes to claim its power may do so through the monsters..." Clancy explained with Kelendoside agreeing, and Alegen the youngest of the three cupping her hands to her mouth, imagining the horrors that await.

"She must be trained, in the ways of strength...since the dark evils cannot touch such a pure garment..."

Status
Not open for further replies.