The last book you read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operations Management, by William J Stevenson.

... being a graduate student sucks.

Reactions: Minibit
Devoured by Jason Brant, and I will just say it was freaking awesome! It's not the normal post-apocalyptic setting, and I love how he went in a totally different direction. I'm not onto the second book in the series! I haven't been this excited about a series since I started reading Divergent...I just hope it's not as disappointing.

I'm 90% done with The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

It's fantastically written with a really interesting world, but my main gripe is that it's 3600+ pages on my phone (which translates to about ~1300 print pages, though I'm sure I'm off) and the sections of the book switch main characters. All of the characters are interesting and well-developed, but it takes a while to get through each major section so by the time I get back to a certain character, I might have forgotten what they were doing or how they got to where they were. It had me wanting to skip through chapters just to read about one of the better characters in the story.

Other than that, it's a great book, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a really long book.

The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho

Very, very good book you guys. I highly recommend it. It's a beautiful story that also causes one to ponder their own life and happiness in a positive manner, and it's so thought provoking!

I luv it.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It was certainly educational. Though I'm in no position to apply most of the knowledge at the moment unfortunately.

I just finished reading Bird Box. It wasn't as good as everyone said, but it wasn't too bad either.

Mortal Engines. Started off weak, ended on a very solid note, though still not spectacular.

Star Dust was the last book I read. I had seen the movie first, the book is waaaaaaay different. I enjoyed both, though.

Secrets of a D-List superhero

Serisuly. If you like superheroes. Pick up Origins of Supervillian. It's the the best fucking book I read in ages. Superwitty and self aware, well written with the most likeable douche of a MC.

And Then There Were None.

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz and it was for one of my English classes at my college.

Last week I was in a book reading mania, so I read five books in six days o.O

The last book was Annika Luther's Gårdshuset (I don't think her books exists in English xb) It was pretty boring... ... I have no idea how someone can make a book about a haunted room and stable boring... But she succeeded.

Before that it was Annika Luther's Bronsåret which was pretty good, but still felt really slow. (And these books are short, and covers a lot, so they should feel slow... I guess it's the way she writes maybe?)

Then it was Sylvia Day's Seven years to sin which I really really enjoyed. A bit too much sex for my taste, but it was still entertaining.

And before that it was Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush hush and Crescendo which made me angry, cause the second book ended on a cliffhanger and I don't have the third book ): But I liked them overall. I'm a sucker for bad teen romances :D

"The True Meaning of Smekday"

Status
Not open for further replies.