The Last Bastion: Bunker Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Halo In the future, please don't control NPC's or player characters. This is not a welcome behaviour as it seriously hampers my ability to reply as a GM without violating half of the things you wrote, as you're about to see. Also realize that a long string of time-consuming actions may be interrupted, seeing as how enemies and allies don't simply sit still and do nothing while a medic runs around helping everyone. Beasts aren't nearly that socially aware, nor so polite. :ferret:

@GourmetItalia & @Heyitsjiwon both failed to post last round.

Everyone, this is where the RP is liable to get a little more complicated, since we're departing from straightforward action. You've got one post to gather yourselves and ask NPC's questions and engage in conversation. Next post, I'm going to move us back to Bunker Chicago. There will be lore updates shortly to account for new players, the introduction of Jenive, and so on. Also, if you haven't noticed yet, there are factions within Bunker Chicago, each of which a major NPC belongs to which you can speak with. Some are more secretive than others.

Welcome to Bunker Chicago, everyone. You've passed the action-based tutorial. Prepare for a bigger beast. :ferret:

D: Sorry @Brovo; I saw others' posts including NPC interaction/speech and just tried to follow suit. In future, if there's a problem just let me know the problems as soon as you see them and I can change as necessary. I'll retroactively change the last post to fit with yours as well. I've not roleplayed in a long time so I'm a little rusty on these things ^^;

D: Sorry @Brovo; I saw others' posts including NPC interaction/speech and just tried to follow suit. In future, if there's a problem just let me know the problems as soon as you see them and I can change as necessary. I'll retroactively change the last post to fit with yours as well.
Ah, those were from collaborative posts. IE: They sent me a PM (or IM) having their character initiate an interaction with one of mine which they wanted resolved. (Ex: Asking a question.) I then gave them the NPC replies. :ferret:

Brovo, I noticed that you floated out several posts yesterday and I just wanted to let you know that on Monday, I had a functioning IC post already typed out, forwarded, and awaiting collaboration with jiwon. Had I known that you were going to post, I would've immediately posted what I had :construction:

Brovo, I noticed that you floated out several posts yesterday and I just wanted to let you know that on Monday, I had a functioning IC post already typed out, forwarded, and awaiting collaboration with jiwon. Had I known that you were going to post, I would've immediately posted what I had :construction:
It's usually every two weeks, this time I was two days. It's basically always two weeks. :ferret:

Two weeks ... fair enough. Guess I'll have to modify my last one for this current stretch. Post will be up soon!

Character updates here.

Ryan Dufont
Ryan Dufont is the one who ultimately discovered the whereabouts of Adam. He was the one who orchestrated the entire operation, up to and including convincing the General to contribute his forces directly to the cause. He is also the one who gave the direct order to Jenive to take Adam out of the military's custody and into the Council's direct custody, thereby expressly removing any Jurisprudence that Adam might have otherwise received.

Marie Black
Lacking any ability to contribute to the mission, she instead ran anti-raider operations in the area to ensure a smooth transition to a retreat. The public record shows her being vehemently against taking a liberated man into custody.

Devin Antoinette
After having successfully pulled U-ARM forces away, Devin Antoinette engaged enemy forces with indirect combat for several minutes, hitting U-ARM with one force while a second would move to a flank, repeated over and over. Though some casualties were sustained on Bunker Chicago's side, they were minimal, and the express speed with which the retrieval squad operated allowed him to retreat without a single injury. Upon returning home, he sent each member of the squad a box of his favourite pre-apocalypse cigars as thanks--and enough pre-apocalypse money to spend on a few luxuries: Wine, women, shiny baubles...

Carolyn Antoinette
After the operation, Carolyn was initially tepid despite coming home to celebrations. She saw to the brief funeral rites of Aiden in which only three people attended, then secluded herself away to working on her mech for several hours in one sitting. There have been multiple attempts by Carolyn to probe for the status of Adam, to no great avail. Complaints about Jenive were also ignored by those up in the chain of command.

Carolyn remains the Squad Leader, and will be the one to relay further orders to others in the event that a new assignment is handed down by the Council of ADAM or BC-SEC.

Morai Lee
The foreigner's distaste for the military operation and the immediate seclusion of Adam was expected. When questioned about why he lied to Carolyn about the presence of the "woman in blue", he cited the survival of himself, his squad mates (Omar, James, & Georgia), and the mission's objectives. While not discharged, he was given a ceremonial slap on the wrist for refusing to describe the appearance of the woman in blue.

Bruce McFoster
Brucey followed orders to the letter. His close association to Adam during the mission has aroused some level of suspicion by the Council of ADAM, but not enough to warrant a great deal of concern at this time.

File closed.
Viper
Viper's performance was excellent, being directly involved in each and every U-ARM take-down, and following orders to the letter. Such behaviour doesn't go unrewarded in upper circles for long...

The Council of ADAM is considering higher services, should Viper continue to express positive attributes. File closed.

Omar Lindquist
His dedication towards mission objectives was surprising, though his health leaves much to be desired. An eye will be kept on Omar, one of interest: He could be key to a great number of things, as he seems the kind of man to enjoy positions of safety through loyalty... Although, his contact with the woman in blue does make him suspect until he can be debriefed. File closed.

Meike Althaus
Meike attempted to flee from mission objectives and was summarily terminated by the Death Watch. Body was burned and mech was confiscated as per typical protocol. File closed.

Aiden O'Connor
Plummeted into a deep abyss of previously undiscovered tunnels. Presumed dead. File closed.

Peter Tao
Peter has proven, much to the amusement of Bunker Chicago's security forces, that Washington's definition of elite is perhaps not to the same level as that of the local forces. Regardless, he showed a solid and stalwart ability to follow orders, and may be considered for higher positions if he continues to improve himself. File closed.

Georgia Rhettland
Direct contact and involvement with the woman in blue, based on reports by Jenive, she survived a ten floor drop amidst debris after an explosion. The woman in blue is the only one who could have prevented her death, but why? Further information to be obtained with debriefing. File closed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jenive Rousseau, James Wolff, Niamh Greyson, and Manny Rupert added. You can view their entries on the first post.

This round is given as transition time between point A to point B. You can post if you like, detailing your character moving into the apartment, as well as assigning yourself a bunk-mate if you wish. (Be it an NPC or a PC is up to you, though if it's a PC, you might want to ask first. If it's a named NPC like Morai Lee or Carolyn Antoinette, let me know.)

Tensions are on the rise colony-wide after this last operation. The presence of several of the Death Watch in taking the "unnamed prisoner with orange eyes" has left everyone on edge, as the Death Watch is normally not seen by the regular populace. Beyond this, I can't tell you what to do, because I can't hold your hands in this story. Whether or not you or your characters work together or go it alone is up to you.

------------------------------------

Areas of Interest: Simply send your character somewhere, and events can be triggered to get them involved in the story. Send your characters alone, or with other members of the squad--either way works fine, but you may prefer the company of at least 1-2 other players rather than going places alone, unless you have a very specific, short term objective in mind. Remember, that in this RP, I can't hold your hand--you have to figure things out without me. I'm open for collaborative posts, as there will likely be several of them in this section of the role play.

Faction Colours: It's significantly easier to learn about--and become affiliated with--factions, if you get to know the people within them. Future missions and locations will be created based on your affiliations and decisions. It is possible to remain neutral throughout the course of the story, but this will close a lot of possible options as time progresses.
No Colour: Character is affiliated to no discernible faction.
Orange: Character is affiliated to the Shadow Zone.
Red: Character is affiliated to United-American Revival Movement. (U-ARM.)
Blue: Character is affiliated to Council of ADAM. (CoA.)
Green: Character is affiliated to Bunker Chicago Security. (BC-SEC.)

• Fourth Ring: Just outside the safe and protective concrete walls of the Bunker, where aluminium shacks and humanitarian aid tents litter the area. This is where the poorest--widows, orphans, and cripples--are left to suffer, and often die, alone. While the residents within the Bunker feel sympathy for them, there are few resources that can be spared for those who cannot lift their own weight. Bunker Chicago still protects them from raider attacks, but occasionally, raiders slip in disguised as beggars and surprise attack from within.
    • The Rousseau Foundation: Run by Jenive Rousseau's siblings, the foundation started a few months ago to distribute excess supplies to the poor and the helpless. Despite Jenive's icy relations with her family, she is often found as one of the main contributors to the project, delivering supplies to it on a regular basis with her access to government supplies. Jenive Rousseau can be located here at present, delivering another shipment of supplies.
    • The Haggler's Market: A dark place, where information, people, and illegal substances are traded regularly. Heroes are not welcome, neither is the government or security forces. Morai Lee can be located here at present, for unknown reasons. If you can find him, maybe you can find out...
  • Third Ring: This is within the walls, but outside the physical Bunker itself. Carolyn's Squad has been assigned the fourth floor of an apartment close to the Second Ring. This is where the majority of the population lives, in squalor, via large apartment/motel complexes. The closer to the Second Ring one gets, the taller and better maintained the complexes typically become.
    • Marketplace: The marketplace is full of scavenger's shops, workshops, machine shops, stalls selling baubles, and more. It's not uncommon to find the scent of shaved metal permeating the air, or Bunker Chicago Security Forces maintaining their gear here in their off-hours. Carolyn Antoinette can be found here, working on her mech inside one of the better equipped machine shops. There have also been reported sightings of a mysterious "woman in blue", wandering among some of the stalls, though the description of her appearance has varied. It's possible that those looking for her, will instead be found by her...
  • Second Ring: Comprised of training fields and construction yards outside of the bunker. Within the bunker itself on the ground level up to a third floor is where the local military autocracy and the Council of ADAM's representative call home. Automated turrets and highly decorated guards keep the compound safe, though there have been infiltrations made in the past. This is where military hardware is produced, the military is trained, and at the very heart of it within the bunker itself, the government is protected. There are also a few surface-based low-priority laboratories in this area.
    • Training Grounds: A few hundred feet of flat concrete with deploy-able cover and barriers for target practice and drills of all kinds. Here, recruits and veterans alike engage in squad-based tactical exercises using stun guns. Here, Colonel Marie Black can be found, overseeing training exercises.
    • Government Wing—Councillor's Office: Located within the interior of the Bunker itself at its very heart, is a dimly lit room in which Ryan Dufont maintains his appearances to the military and manages most of his affairs. There is an oak desk at sits at the center of a raised platform, where Ryan often welcomes visitors with a veneer of charisma that most only describe as unsettling or 'salesman like.' Naturally, Ryan Dufont can be found here.
  • First Ring: Also known as "The Abyss", several hundred feet underneath the ground is a large, man-made cavern with several, thick support struts. It's filled to the brim with an unrelenting number of highly classified research and development. Here, advanced technologies such as mech chassis, cybernetics, and bioengineering are pursued with great fervour and near-unlimited resources. Those who work in this area also live in the Second Ring area, to protect them from the more unsavoury elements of the outside world. Limited access is granted to the military and its contracts, which includes you.
    • Cybernetics Research Department: A few interconnected laboratories can be found here, testing various components and tweaking cybernetic implants in test subjects. Military hardware is the most common variation, but some civilian applications seem present. General Devin Antoinette can be found here, overseeing a few developments in the cybernetics research division, in one of the few areas that Carolyn's Squad has been granted temporary access to by order of Devin Antoinette himself. Reasons for doing so are unclear.

------------------------------------

All characters now receive four more trait points to spend. Use them to upgrade existing abilities, or create new ones.

Apologies for the lack of a post from me. End of term at uni was utterly insane. Got back home, and the internet was broken. I'm limiting my mobile data use, but home connection should be back in three days, so I'll post then.

New trait things for Omar for approval. I'm going with them being applied after the collab thing currently sitting in your inbox, Brovo, because there wasn't any time for most of this stuff to actually take effect yet.

Rank 3 for Veracious Eyes trait line: True Sight - When someone lies to Omar and he detects it, he can now also see a form of the truth to counter the false statement. Sometimes it comes as plain words floating over the liar's head, other times it may be a still or moving image, or perhaps it may be a mix of abstract shapes and colors. Omar suspects the variety may be due to the target's emotional state and how their thought patterns work, but he hasn't been able to confirm this. Due to this advancement of his mutation, his unnatural green eyes also glow when he detects a lie and sees one of these true visions.

Rank 2 for Empathic Link trait line: Psychic Link - Omar's telepathic potential flourished on its own without the need for more guided procedures. He can now create the link with someone in line of sight from a distance of about 25 feet, and he can also partially modulate the level of physical sensory information that is sent to the other person, to the point of making it half as strong up to doubling it. He cannot alter the physical sensations he gets from the target, and he cannot alter the emotional awareness going either way. The side effect of the evolution of this mutation is that Omar now acts as a beacon to emotionally distressed people near him: anyone within a few dozen feet feeling a strong emotion in the realm of sadness is drawn to him without normal folks (ie the ones not psychically inclined) consciously understanding why they are compelled to do so.

New trait: Osteomorphic Bracing - In what Omar can only assume was caused by the physical strains of the mission to retrieve Adam and some data, the bones in his legs recently underwent a spontaneous mutation to aid in his mobility. They have developed a semi-flexible outer layer that acts as a powerful secondary muscular system for his legs and allows him to walk normally without the aid of a cane, and the unnatural sheathing makes his leg bones more sturdy and resistant to breaking. However, this did nothing to alter the damage done by his regenerative mutation, so walking is still painful for him, just less physically awkward; running is probably still out of the question, given the extra pain it would cause. This new mutation has caused his legs to develop a series of unnatural and randomly dispersed bony patches that replace the skin where they appear.

New trait: Psionic Senses - With the further natural development of his direct psychic linking capability, Omar found that a separate but related sort of psychic ability had sprung up as well. He can now sometimes sense hostile entities and dangerous situations around him in a radius of about 100 feet, even through walls and other barriers. It is a selfish sense, only allowing him to perceive things hostile to himself and traps or other hazards that pose an actual danger to his own well being. A side effect of this new talent is that other mutants find it easier to sense him through the minor psionic detection abilities that all mutants possess, more so than he would be just by grace of gaining broader psionic powers that would boost his natural signal emission anyway.

Think I got Georgia's traits all sorted out : < So so sad I only get three *sniffles*

Electrogenesis: [Effects, development of new organs in abdominal cavity give in elongated and muscled look to the area] Labs have recently shown the growth of new organ tissue developing inside Georgia that produce electricity in higher quantities. This can be released around her to create a stunning effect in an area around her. It appears that the organs are still weak and might have room to develop, yet.

Electrolocation: [Effects, unnaturally smooth, tough skin with bumps from electroreceivers] Georgia now emits low frequency electric waves about her that allow her to sense what is around her. This alerts her to danger or anything she might not be able to see with her eyes and allows her to react sooner to it. It is particularly useful when detecting electrical signatures of other devices such as mechs, radios or the like.

A.R.E.F.S.: AREFS or otherwise lovingly called Nicodemus, long for Nick, so called for the many nicks and scratched names of the predecessors who have possessed him before her is a well-worn and well taken care of assault rifle that is a cut above standard issue from BCSEC. Packaged with a Georgia-proofed automated fire selector, Nick is equipped with the choice of: Anti-personnel, Armor Piercing, Incendiary and Standard rounds at this time.

Rank 2 for Tinker Town - Nuke Town: Georgia is not just creative and skilled with repurposing objects, she is great with making things explode. She almost always has things that go boom on hand and she sure knows how to make them big and loud. Only have tinfoil, rubber bands and a wrap of string? Georgia will figure out a way to make that go off like the Fourth of July, even if it kills her.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Alphakoka
---Personal---​

Name: Blair Rommel
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Blair's Ugly Mug

A man of average height, with an athletic build, Blair would be pretty average looking, for a survivor. Other than being somewhat well fed, and the fact that half of his face and head, are extensively scarred by some traumatic occurrence in his past. On his shoulders, tattooed in black ink, is a crest with a lion, over a shield, surmounted by a great helm. The Crest of Warlord Herzog. Beneath the crests, are tally of Six.

History Type: Foreigner
Biography:
Born in the fortress hold of Warlord Herzog, he was a Rommel. A Rommel with a family tree running back to Karl Rommel, Erwin Rommel's brother. Warlord Herzog played up the Rommel's family lineage, trying to use their nearly century old family member's success in WWII, as a warning to the other Warlords. It didn't hurt that that since Alwin, before the War, was a distinguished combat veteran, had trained his progeny since the holocaust, making the Rommel's a fear inspiring clutch of warriors.

From Knut Rommel, Alwin's son, came Blair. Youngest of his five siblings, he grew up under the teachings of his father, and his grandfather, learning the military arts, indoctrinated to followed the Word of a Herzog, without question. The fly in the ointment was, his mother; a sex slave claimed by Knut during one of his campaigns, who he married only months later. Adela was a sweet, younger woman, the youngest of Knut's three wives. She was the daughter of a rival Warlord, and was educated. She knew of the true history of Karl, and Erwin Rommel, and whispered these truths in Blair's ears as he grew from a babe to a young man. Erwin Rommel was yes, a great warrior, perhaps the best leader of the war; but he was not the violent, bloodlusting symbol of power that Herzog had turned him into. Adela opened Blair's eyes, with pages written from a such a prize he had never known to exist: A book from time after the Holy War of the German Empire. A book written by non-Germans, who praised Rommel for his humanitarian efforts, of not killing prisoners, not even torturing them. Defying the fuhrer's orders.

Blair held his piece. While his family may be corrupted, violent, war mongering monsters, who deserved death; they were very skilled monsters at what they did. He continued to learn from his grandfather, his father, and his older brothers. He learned, until he thought he was ready, and struck. He managed to kill the current head of the Herzog family, and Alwin Rommel, among numerous other soldiers and wives. In the chaos, he was struck by the blast of an RPG, fired by his eldest brother. He would never know it, but his one and only sister sacrificed her life, delaying Gebbert from finishing him off. Adela managed to drag her son's lifeless body to his mech, and they made their escape.

He was twenty six at the time, in the ensuing years, he and his mother survived, by way of Leonne, his mech, earning money as a mercenary in various disputes between warlords, far from his home. Knut however, and the new Herzog were not content to let him escape. Two years after their escape, a force, hired by Knut, located them, and attempted to ambush them. Blair escaped by using his allies, as sacrificial lambs for the slaughter, but the survivors would be able to claim half of the bounty: Adela met her end that night.

Needing an out, he vanished to the ports of what was once, Spain. He bought passage to the Americas, by selling parts from Leonne.

Seeking a life where he would not longer be hunted by his father, and the Warlord of Herzog, and a life where he fought not for a warlord, but in defense of something much more meaningful; he set out for Bunker Chicago. By the time he arrived, Leonne was left half parted out, and suffering damage to several systems, from the mutants and raider attacks he had to fend off, with a weapon that was already hobbled. It was time to start a new life.

---Technical---​

Class Unlock: You have to spend two points in the following in order to gain access to them.
Pilot Certification

Mech Description:
leonne_mech_by_malaveldt.jpg

Source

Leonne; a heavy assault mech from Europe. It was an advanced weapon, crafted for Blair himself. However, it is now but a sorry shell of what it once was; parted out to pay for his way across the Atlantic, and further to get to Chicago. It has suffered damage from attacks and raiders. Even still, the very silhouette is that of an imposing, technological monster of war.
  • Heavy Chassis; A larger, and more durable chassis than a normal mech frame.
  • Heavy Chassis II (Assault): A larger, more durable chassis than a normal, heavy mech frame. Able to carry more weapons and systems, and take more damage. Comes at the expense of mobility, speed, and concealment. Has 7 weapon hard points, and a storage compartment in the back of the mech, that can carry up to two people, or whatever gear can be shoved inside.
  • Composite Armour: Composite armour gives greater resistance to weapons than standard steel armour can provide. Weighs roughly the same as steel.
  • Composite Armour II: An advanced composite armour. Utilizing layers of everything from tungsten to alumina carbide, this armour is extremely tough. Weighs a bit more than steel.
  • Modular Primary Weapon Mount Systems: Primary arm weapons are able to be removed and replaced quickly, and easily. Allowing the mech to change its primary load out for different missions, quickly, and easily, or to replace damaged weapon systems, in the field, if backed up with support vehicles carrying replacement weapon systems. (Of little use right now....)
  • 75mm High Velocity Gun: Right arm mounted. Semi automatic, with pre-selector dual feed. Primary feed is HE, secondary is AP.
  • 35mm Gatling; Left arm mounted. Variable rate of fire, from 120-2500 RPM. Dual feed capable, only loaded with a mix of HE and AP in a 2:1 ratio.
  • Advanced Sensors (Infra-red/Thermal): Gives the pilot access to thermal imaging.
  • Rocket Launched UAV-R: Carried in a pod of six, these a light weight, inexpensive drones that carry only visual light sensors. Once launched, they reach their maximum altitude of 500 meters, before deploying a set of glide wings. They have a maximum range of approximately 6km, but a transmitting range that is limited to 1.2km.

Signature: Goldmarble, accepts the rulings of the Brov.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Alphakoka
Brucey Upgrades/New Traits:

Chin-Gun; (New) a small automated chin gun carrying a modified M249 Squad Machinegun, used for dealing with smaller nimbler enemies. Loaded with 50/50 AP/HE ammo.

Flamethrower Certification; (New) Brucey has sought out training to use his flamer to maximum effect when outside of his Mech.

Ironstorm Ammo Bays; (Upgrade for Ironstorm) A specialised ammo storage and selection bay, Section 1: Armour Piercing, Section 2: High Explosive, Section 3: Incendiary. The Ironstorm cannons can be feeding from separate sections as required.

ERA; (Armour Upgrade) In addition to the thick composite Brucey has commenced upgrading with ERA bricks, these bricks may trigger at missile and cannon fire, or for the legs, manually should something be assaulting the legs.

Viper Upgrades/New Traits:

Cat's Grace; (Upgrade for 'Acrobatic Bitch from Hell') Viper can retain her footing in most situations and almost always land feet first and keeping her balance.

Chameleon-Weave Catsuit; (New) Viper has requested a catsuit with a chameleon-weave, while not moving this makes her virtually invisible to the visual spectrum, though thermal detection wouldn't be fooled, while moving she is still harder to hit as the suit tries to match, and fails, the terrain making her a disorienting target.

Master Melee; (Upgrade for 'Close Combat Specialist') Viper's weapons are not for show, in close her skill with the Wazikashi is nothing to sneer at.

Radiation Grenades; Viper's drawn some very specialised radiation grenades, that on detonation produce a short-ranged (10m) blast of intense x-ray radiation, highly lethal to most non-mutants and more than a few mutants, and excellent for taking objects without damaging them, while damaging the shit out of anyone nearby.

So Brovo wasn't fucking around about the fate of our characters being totally up in the air. I think Omar may have just become something of an antagonist to all the other player characters and some of the NPCs. :3

Second character up in my original CS post, Borov pls approve.

Also, I shoved the upgrades for Omar into his sheet because I assumed your lack of feedback could be taken as approval. Lemme know if that's not the case and it can be fixed. :P

Finished up a CS for a new character. Xavier "Beast" Vetts is present on the same spot as my previous CS

These are several additions that could keep Peter alive longer and enhance his worth amongst his existing squad-mates. Let me know what works and I will alter accordingly :veryhappy:

Peter's New Upgrades/Assets:

Mechanical Workhorse [New]: Derived from BC-SEC's R&D Divisions, the Mechanical Workhorse is the infantryman's number one service choice for every Tier One Bunker Operator. To supply and outfit Bunker special forces, crack airborne soldiers, and seasoned shock troops, the Second and First Rings possess self-sustaining infrastructure to house an industrial base worthy of granting BC-SEC to refit most pieces of lost or broken equipment. Given the ingenuity granted towards gifted Bunker Chicago engineers and the enormous resources at its disposal, the latest advancements within Bunker Chicago's R&D Divisions have delivered countless possibilities for equipment that improve Bunker infantry lethality. Amongst these advancements are the newly fabricated prototypes from Project Mechanical Workhouse, which offer its users specialized models that can grant greater mobility, strength, dexterirty, flexible customization opportunities, and amplified abilities that are otherwise impossible for normal human beings. Peter has requested a requisition to utilize the Mechanical Workhorse – Mobility Version to existing Bunker Medium Armor to gain the ability to quickly sprint across terrain through a set of built-in servos, hydraulics systems, and shocks to absorb step impact.

XM25 Semiautomatic Engagement Universal Smart Shell (SEUSS) [New]: Bunker Chicago's R&D Divisions are excited to bring a lethal anit-personnel asset to the table in the form of a precision-guided grenade launcher! The specialized attachment is a continuation of the XM29 OICW and allows existing users lock on abilities through computer assisted, proximity capabilities for target honing. Munitions revolve around specialized, interchangeable warheads which can offer roles that range from target locking functions to accelerated armor penetration. Field tests have concluded that maximum range for specific individual targets can span anywhere from between 3-500 meters while area denial can reach as far as 700 meters. Further R&D tests, adjustments, and modifications are ongoing to allow for future customizations, upgrades, reliability, and integrated add-ons.

BC-SEC 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta (1st SFOD-D) [Upgrade from BW-SEC OTC (Operator Training Course)/BW-SEC RASP 1 (Ranger Assessment and Selection Program 1)]: Following the return from assignment, BC-SEC took special interest in refining Peter's ground capabilities despite specialized training from BW-SEC's Combat Application Groups. To supplement his training alongside other potential candidates, hand-picked officers and veterans from BC-SEC's Tier One Units oversaw a highly condensed training program to bring several classes of soldiers up to speed in light of growing Shadow Zone threats. Following completion of brutal training and conditioning alongside Bunker Chicago's Operator candidates that saw wash-outs, severe injuries, and training accidents that cost several candidates their lives; Peter's abilities have been enhanced beyond highly trained and equipped Bunker F.A.S. Troopers. While not a one man army, Peter's ability as a team player has been accelerated to the point where he meets Bunker Chicago combat readiness standards alongside already existing disciplines while also acquiring additional skillsets in departments that include: accelerated abilities concerning harrassing enemy forces, establishing and executing concealed ambushes, navigating through the rugged terrain surrounding Bunker Chicago, and utilizing mobile small-unit tactics for maximum effect.

Vistek PUS-12 3rd Gen Bunker Specialist PUD [Upgrade from GEN-III OMNI-VII/Generation-VII/Smart Vision]: Bunker Chicago's R&D Divisions have devised helmet-mounted, retractable/detacheable eye-piece pairs that allows a user to properly incorporate Night and Smart Vision while also projecting an advanced Heads Up Display (HUD). Several existing features include scanning capabilities to reconstruct the surrounding area for terrain layouts, potential threats, and architectural formations for possible irregularities or weaknesses. Additional combat assisting elements include tactical update features and an integrated information system to pinpoint targets and friendlies. The equipment is still undergoing various R&D features to allow for future customizations, upgrades, and integrated add-ons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all may have noticed an IC post go up. Time has moved forward: It's now the evening in Bunker Chicago. Some options have closed off. If you're going to choose a side, now is the last opportunity to do so. Those who have already chosen a side, merely need to arrive. Omar will be admitted in by the Council Guards without question and those who have sided with Carolyn won't even need to tell her why they're joining--they just have to enter the machine shop. Those who choose no side may find themselves without much to do for a couple posting rounds.

This is your last chance to join a faction, folks. Remember you can usually defect away from factions and make independent choices within each faction. Your decisions shape the conflict.

Next post coming Friday the 24th. If you're working on collabs and it takes you in excess of two weeks, you may want to consider doing simple posts instead. This also gives new characters a last minute chance to join a faction. :ferret:
New trait things for Omar for approval. I'm going with them being applied after the collab thing currently sitting in your inbox, Brovo, because there wasn't any time for most of this stuff to actually take effect yet.

Rank 3 for Veracious Eyes trait line: True Sight - When someone lies to Omar and he detects it, he can now also see a form of the truth to counter the false statement. Sometimes it comes as plain words floating over the liar's head, other times it may be a still or moving image, or perhaps it may be a mix of abstract shapes and colors. Omar suspects the variety may be due to the target's emotional state and how their thought patterns work, but he hasn't been able to confirm this. Due to this advancement of his mutation, his unnatural green eyes also glow when he detects a lie and sees one of these true visions.

Rank 2 for Empathic Link trait line: Psychic Link - Omar's telepathic potential flourished on its own without the need for more guided procedures. He can now create the link with someone in line of sight from a distance of about 25 feet, and he can also partially modulate the level of physical sensory information that is sent to the other person, to the point of making it half as strong up to doubling it. He cannot alter the physical sensations he gets from the target, and he cannot alter the emotional awareness going either way. The side effect of the evolution of this mutation is that Omar now acts as a beacon to emotionally distressed people near him: anyone within a few dozen feet feeling a strong emotion in the realm of sadness is drawn to him without normal folks (ie the ones not psychically inclined) consciously understanding why they are compelled to do so.

New trait: Osteomorphic Bracing - In what Omar can only assume was caused by the physical strains of the mission to retrieve Adam and some data, the bones in his legs recently underwent a spontaneous mutation to aid in his mobility. They have developed a semi-flexible outer layer that acts as a powerful secondary muscular system for his legs and allows him to walk normally without the aid of a cane, and the unnatural sheathing makes his leg bones more sturdy and resistant to breaking. However, this did nothing to alter the damage done by his regenerative mutation, so walking is still painful for him, just less physically awkward; running is probably still out of the question, given the extra pain it would cause. This new mutation has caused his legs to develop a series of unnatural and randomly dispersed bony patches that replace the skin where they appear.

New trait: Psionic Senses - With the further natural development of his direct psychic linking capability, Omar found that a separate but related sort of psychic ability had sprung up as well. He can now sometimes sense hostile entities and dangerous situations around him in a radius of about 100 feet, even through walls and other barriers. It is a selfish sense, only allowing him to perceive things hostile to himself and traps or other hazards that pose an actual danger to his own well being. A side effect of this new talent is that other mutants find it easier to sense him through the minor psionic detection abilities that all mutants possess, more so than he would be just by grace of gaining broader psionic powers that would boost his natural signal emission anyway.
Approved.
Think I got Georgia's traits all sorted out : < So so sad I only get three *sniffles*

Electrogenesis: [Effects, development of new organs in abdominal cavity give in elongated and muscled look to the area] Labs have recently shown the growth of new organ tissue developing inside Georgia that produce electricity in higher quantities. This can be released around her to create a stunning effect in an area around her. It appears that the organs are still weak and might have room to develop, yet.

Electrolocation: [Effects, unnaturally smooth, tough skin with bumps from electroreceivers] Georgia now emits low frequency electric waves about her that allow her to sense what is around her. This alerts her to danger or anything she might not be able to see with her eyes and allows her to react sooner to it. It is particularly useful when detecting electrical signatures of other devices such as mechs, radios or the like.

A.R.E.F.S.: AREFS or otherwise lovingly called Nicodemus, long for Nick, so called for the many nicks and scratched names of the predecessors who have possessed him before her is a well-worn and well taken care of assault rifle that is a cut above standard issue from BCSEC. Packaged with a Georgia-proofed automated fire selector, Nick is equipped with the choice of: Anti-personnel, Armor Piercing, Incendiary and Standard rounds at this time.

Rank 2 for Tinker Town - Nuke Town: Georgia is not just creative and skilled with repurposing objects, she is great with making things explode. She almost always has things that go boom on hand and she sure knows how to make them big and loud. Only have tinfoil, rubber bands and a wrap of string? Georgia will figure out a way to make that go off like the Fourth of July, even if it kills her.
Approved.
---Personal---

Name: Blair Rommel
Appearance:
Blair's Ugly Mug

A man of average height, with an athletic build, Blair would be pretty average looking, for a survivor. Other than being somewhat well fed, and the fact that half of his face and head, are extensively scarred by some traumatic occurrence in his past. On his shoulders, tattooed in black ink, is a crest with a lion, over a shield, surmounted by a great helm. The Crest of Warlord Herzog. Beneath the crests, are tally of Six.

History Type: Foreigner
Biography:
Born in the fortress hold of Warlord Herzog, he was a Rommel. A Rommel with a family tree running back to Karl Rommel, Erwin Rommel's brother. Warlord Herzog played up the Rommel's family lineage, trying to use their nearly century old family member's success in WWII, as a warning to the other Warlords. It didn't hurt that that since Alwin, before the War, was a distinguished combat veteran, had trained his progeny since the holocaust, making the Rommel's a fear inspiring clutch of warriors.

From Knut Rommel, Alwin's son, came Blair. Youngest of his five siblings, he grew up under the teachings of his father, and his grandfather, learning the military arts, indoctrinated to followed the Word of a Herzog, without question. The fly in the ointment was, his mother; a sex slave claimed by Knut during one of his campaigns, who he married only months later. Adela was a sweet, younger woman, the youngest of Knut's three wives. She was the daughter of a rival Warlord, and was educated. She knew of the true history of Karl, and Erwin Rommel, and whispered these truths in Blair's ears as he grew from a babe to a young man. Erwin Rommel was yes, a great warrior, perhaps the best leader of the war; but he was not the violent, bloodlusting symbol of power that Herzog had turned him into. Adela opened Blair's eyes, with pages written from a such a prize he had never known to exist: A book from time after the Holy War of the German Empire. A book written by non-Germans, who praised Rommel for his humanitarian efforts, of not killing prisoners, not even torturing them. Defying the fuhrer's orders.

Blair held his piece. While his family may be corrupted, violent, war mongering monsters, who deserved death; they were very skilled monsters at what they did. He continued to learn from his grandfather, his father, and his older brothers. He learned, until he thought he was ready, and struck. He managed to kill the current head of the Herzog family, and Alwin Rommel, among numerous other soldiers and wives. In the chaos, he was struck by the blast of an RPG, fired by his eldest brother. He would never know it, but his one and only sister sacrificed her life, delaying Gebbert from finishing him off. Adela managed to drag her son's lifeless body to his mech, and they made their escape.

He was twenty six at the time, in the ensuing years, he and his mother survived, by way of Leonne, his mech, earning money as a mercenary in various disputes between warlords, far from his home. Knut however, and the new Herzog were not content to let him escape. Two years after their escape, a force, hired by Knut, located them, and attempted to ambush them. Blair escaped by using his allies, as sacrificial lambs for the slaughter, but the survivors would be able to claim half of the bounty: Adela met her end that night.

Needing an out, he vanished to the ports of what was once, Spain. He bought passage to the Americas, by selling parts from Leonne.

Seeking a life where he would not longer be hunted by his father, and the Warlord of Herzog, and a life where he fought not for a warlord, but in defense of something much more meaningful; he set out for Bunker Chicago. By the time he arrived, Leonne was left half parted out, and suffering damage to several systems, from the mutants and raider attacks he had to fend off, with a weapon that was already hobbled. It was time to start a new life.

---Technical---

Class Unlock: You have to spend two points in the following in order to gain access to them.
Pilot Certification

Mech Description:
leonne_mech_by_malaveldt.jpg

Source

Leonne; a heavy assault mech from Europe. It was an advanced weapon, crafted for Blair himself. However, it is now but a sorry shell of what it once was; parted out to pay for his way across the Atlantic, and further to get to Chicago. It has suffered damage from attacks and raiders. Even still, the very silhouette is that of an imposing, technological monster of war.
  • Heavy Chassis; A larger, and more durable chassis than a normal mech frame.
  • Heavy Chassis II (Assault): A larger, more durable chassis than a normal, heavy mech frame. Able to carry more weapons and systems, and take more damage. Comes at the expense of mobility, speed, and concealment. Has 7 weapon hard points, and a storage compartment in the back of the mech, that can carry up to two people, or whatever gear can be shoved inside.
  • Composite Armour: Composite armour gives greater resistance to weapons than standard steel armour can provide. Weighs roughly the same as steel.
  • Composite Armour II: An advanced composite armour. Utilizing layers of everything from tungsten to alumina carbide, this armour is extremely tough. Weighs a bit more than steel.
  • Modular Primary Weapon Mount Systems: Primary arm weapons are able to be removed and replaced quickly, and easily. Allowing the mech to change its primary load out for different missions, quickly, and easily, or to replace damaged weapon systems, in the field, if backed up with support vehicles carrying replacement weapon systems. (Of little use right now....)
  • 75mm High Velocity Gun: Right arm mounted. Semi automatic, with pre-selector dual feed. Primary feed is HE, secondary is AP.
  • 35mm Gatling; Left arm mounted. Variable rate of fire, from 120-2500 RPM. Dual feed capable, only loaded with a mix of HE and AP in a 2:1 ratio.
  • Advanced Sensors (Infra-red/Thermal): Gives the pilot access to thermal imaging.
  • Rocket Launched UAV-R: Carried in a pod of six, these a light weight, inexpensive drones that carry only visual light sensors. Once launched, they reach their maximum altitude of 500 meters, before deploying a set of glide wings. They have a maximum range of approximately 6km, but a transmitting range that is limited to 1.2km.

Signature: Goldmarble, accepts the rulings of the Brov.
Approved.
Brucey Upgrades/New Traits:

Chin-Gun; (New) a small automated chin gun carrying a modified M249 Squad Machinegun, used for dealing with smaller nimbler enemies. Loaded with 50/50 AP/HE ammo.

Flamethrower Certification; (New) Brucey has sought out training to use his flamer to maximum effect when outside of his Mech.

Ironstorm Ammo Bays; (Upgrade for Ironstorm) A specialised ammo storage and selection bay, Section 1: Armour Piercing, Section 2: High Explosive, Section 3: Incendiary. The Ironstorm cannons can be feeding from separate sections as required.

ERA; (Armour Upgrade) In addition to the thick composite Brucey has commenced upgrading with ERA bricks, these bricks may trigger at missile and cannon fire, or for the legs, manually should something be assaulting the legs.

Viper Upgrades/New Traits:

Cat's Grace; (Upgrade for 'Acrobatic Bitch from Hell') Viper can retain her footing in most situations and almost always land feet first and keeping her balance.

Chameleon-Weave Catsuit; (New) Viper has requested a catsuit with a chameleon-weave, while not moving this makes her virtually invisible to the visual spectrum, though thermal detection wouldn't be fooled, while moving she is still harder to hit as the suit tries to match, and fails, the terrain making her a disorienting target.

Master Melee; (Upgrade for 'Close Combat Specialist') Viper's weapons are not for show, in close her skill with the Wazikashi is nothing to sneer at.

Radiation Grenades; Viper's drawn some very specialised radiation grenades, that on detonation produce a short-ranged (10m) blast of intense x-ray radiation, highly lethal to most non-mutants and more than a few mutants, and excellent for taking objects without damaging them, while damaging the shit out of anyone nearby.
Approved.
Name: Mallory "Spook" Cornett
Sex: Female
Appearance: Large image (close)
6abee9117e2c129c10e09205ecd4cdbc.jpg

Image borrowed from AyyaSap on Deviantart.
History Type: Ex-Raider
Biography: Mallory Cornett was born out on the fringes of homesteader territory around Bunker Memphis. It was not a pleasant life, thanks to frequent raider attacks and generally poor conditions otherwise. When she was eleven years old she witnessed the deaths of her family and damned near everyone else she had known and cared about. Raiders broke through the meager defenses the local homesteaders had put up over the years, as everyone had known they would do eventually, and they were not very merciful. Mallory was only spared because one of the raiders had an appetite for young girls, and so she was claimed as chattel.

She was then spared from that nasty fate by sheer luck: the raider who had taken her got into a fight with a female raider over some kind of debt, things got heated, and the woman sliced him open like a pig. The female raider went by a nickname as most raiders did; she called herself Ram, a name she'd been given after smashing her way through a wall with a stick to get at some other poor bastard who'd gotten on her bad side. Ram wasn't a kind woman, but she wasn't an evil one either. She claimed all of the dead raider's possessions as payment for the debt, and that included Mallory. Ram treated the girl decently, somewhere in a grey area between adopted daughter and slave, until she grew old enough and accustomed to the raiders enough to be trusted with a gun. The raider band always needed more fighters, and Mallory was far from the first captive turned comrade. She had nowhere else to go, so she became a raider.

At the age of 17 she was reborn as Spook, a proper raider nickname, after sneaking past the guards of a traveling caravan and taking enough of them down for the others to come in quietly and kill most of the sleepers before anyone know what was happening. During her combat training she'd discovered a knack for sneaking about and moving silently, to the point that she unintentionally crept up on other raiders and startled them at times, so the fellow to name her decided she was spooky as well as sneaky, thus the name. She was one of the scouts and infiltrators of the raiding party as it headed north, away from the lands around Memphis that had been picked pretty much clean, and that was pretty much her whole life for the next few years.

Things changed for the better when her group absorbed a smaller outfit of raiders, including a fellow named Clapper (for his habit of sarcastically clapping at people who made a fool out of themselves). She got to know him, got involved romantically, and learned his actual name was Taylor. In private they used their names given at birth, adding a peculiar additional sense of intimacy to their already intimate interactions, and they were happy together for three years. They even discussed breaking out of the raider life, heading somewhere safe, perhaps Bunker Chicago given its reputation as a bastion of relative peace in a mad world, and settling down into a less violent life. That mad world wasn't in the habit of granting happy endings, and Spook found that out the hard way: her lover ran afoul of some mutated beast, disturbed from its nest by a careless footstep, and it stung him. Nobody could do anything for Clapper, not even the raiders with some medical knowledge, and he died in agonizing pain a few hours later.

After burying him and mourning him, Spook decided she'd had enough of being a raider, of hurting others for petty personal gain. She struck off on her own with the intent to make good on that dream she'd shared with Taylor, of living in safety in Bunker Chicago, and she made it there without much trouble. Safety wasn't much of a problem, but it was nowhere near the idyllic life that she had envisioned. She kept to honest work as much as she could, playing guard for merchants and doing a bit of repair work here and there with the practical know-how gained from the self sufficient life of a raider. Recently she decided fighting wasn't really evil or anything, especially if it was done for a good cause like protecting the Bunker, so she signed on the BCSEC and was assigned to a rather peculiar squad.

---Technical---
Class Unlock: Grunt Certification (Spend two custom points, gain access to cybernetics and weapon mods. If you don't want cybernetics and weapon mods, DELETE THIS.)

Cybernetics:
  • Cybernetic Right Arm: Stability Model - Rather than going for crazy things like superhuman strength or an arm with built in weapons, Spook decided she'd be best served by something to improve precision use of her arm. This mostly helps with aiming her gun and getting bullets where she wants them to go, but it also helps for other things that benefit from manual dexterity and accuracy. She can thread a needle like nobody's business.
  • Cybernetic Lungs - Though the replacement was done to deal with a congenital defect that sometimes caused Spook breathing troubles, she didn't go for just a plain old medical model replacement. Instead, she shelled out the extra cash for the advanced model. Her new lungs are far more efficient at taking in oxygen and distributing it to her blood stream, so getting winded is almost impossible for her. They also come with better filtering capabilities against airborne particles, meaning that she is far less bothered by breathing in dust, smoke, toxic gases, and other potentially unwanted things in the air.

Weapon Mods: (Weapon modifications, describe them here!)
  • Assault Rifle Electrified Rounds - Plain old lumps of metal just don't cut it nowadays, with mutants running around that can shrug off bullets like they were pin pricks. Luckily even mutants are under the biological constraints of a nervous system, and enough juice can put down even a tank shredding juggernaut. Spook doesn't go anywhere without a few magazines full of these little beauties for her assault rifle.
    --Assault Rifle Electrified Bayonet - Sometimes something big and ugly gets too close for comfort. Sometimes the only way to get rid of them is to stab 'em and shock 'em. This gets the job done.
  • Sniper Rifle Suppressor - As great as her zappy assault rifle is, sometimes Spook wants to kill something really far away without giving away her position. Totally silencing a gun shooting rounds at supersonic speeds is impossible, but the suppressor dampens the sound from the gun itself to make it damned hard for people to tell which direction the shot came from. It's not perfect, but it works.

Other:
  • Natural Born Sneak - Spook was born with pretty much everything a stealthy person would want: a small frame, a light step, a propensity for making as little noise as possible, and the capability of remaining very still for long periods of time. As such, she's pretty damned good at going around places undetected when she so chooses.
    --Stealth Training - Natural gifts can only take you so far. Spook was trained in the arts of stealth by raiders who could sneak right past sentries and then take them out without raising any alarms. Not only did this improve her ability to just move around without being detected, she's also pretty good at doing more complex actions (like taking objects off tables, picking pockets, or snapping necks) without being noticed.
  • Scouting Skills - Whenever she wasn't sneaking in some place, Spook's job among the raiders was to scout ahead to find targets and possible dangers and get that info back to her comrades without being seen. Stealth took care of the latter part, but knowing what to look for took some training and practice, and she picked up a few tricks. Spook is good at spotting discrepancies in her surroundings, including people and things that are intended to be hidden.
  • Salvaged Sensor Package - Sometimes mech pilots and engineers throw out useful things. One day Spook discovered this fact by finding a mangled mech head in a cart of rubbish. With some work, further scavenging, and some ingenuity, she was able to cobble together a rudimentary sensor helmet of her own. It has a little screen inside the visor to display the readout from the device's one functioning part: a motion detector.

Signature: Jorick has read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
Approved.

• beast_zpskn0zteeu.jpg

Name: Xavier "Beast" Vetts
    History Type: Homesteader
    Appearance: Xavier is an extraordinarily muscled man standing around 6'4" tall. He has an unnatural red hue to his tan skin and much of body is covered in thicker hair growth that some would jokingly call his fur. His black hair comes up into a widow's peak and is always mussed and shaggy, sticking up and back. It comes down along his jowls and into a beard. His nose is long and slightly upturned. His eyebrows are thick over yellow eyes that resemble a wolf's. When his lips part it reveals flashes of teeth pointed into fangs. His nails have thickened and hardened into claws. Rounding out his bestial look is a long, furry tail.

Biography: Xavier grew up on a homestead just outside of the expanses of Chicago. He was one of several children to a father who had three wives. Not all of the children made it. His mother died giving birth to him. His father often swore that he was more beast than man. It caught on amongst his siblings as they would teasingly call him Beast, tugging on his tail and pulling his hair.

His father had no problem with him, though. He was proud that the boy had a way with the farm animals, coaxing them along and making the work days go by faster. Hitting puberty, he took on more duties of the farm... And his body began to more rapidly mutate. His family began to notice the more drastic changes. It unnerved some of them. They tried not to comment too much on how bestial he was beginning to look.

A caravan came through one day when Xavier was 22. A young woman by the name of Belladona was with them. She was transferring from another bunker to Bunker Chicago. Xavier was entranced by the young woman and pleaded with her that she should stay with him. Belladona said yes, much to everyone's surprise, and the two settled down as a young couple. There was the occasional fighting, but often Xavier would manage to soothe her. The two hardly seemed like they had a thing in common, that they would go together. Xavier was infatuated with her all the same and poured all his love and affection into her.

Approximately at the age of 26, after several miscarriages, they finally had a child. A little girl that they named Shawna. Xavier's fears were met when he saw some physical manifestations of mutations on her small form.

It was not long after that when the raiders attacked. They hit the homestead hard. Xavier witnessed much of his family slaughtered that night. He ought to have put up a fight, but deep in his heart he knew if he stayed it would have meant the death of himself and his child. Xavier fled into the night with baby Shawna to the only place he knew that could possibly be safe for them: Bunker Chicago.

It was to be a long journey and there was no way that he could make it alone. He had a baby to take care of and he needed to provide for himself. It was then that he would meet Chauncey, then a young Shadow Wolf mother who had lost her litter of pups to the harsh wastes. Chauncey was a godsend. She nursed his child and helped him hunt on his way to the Bunker. When they arrived, he refused to let the guards turn her away, he had grown so attached to the she-wolf.

Bunker life has been a bit more stable and less chaotic. He has since been trained in more practical weaponry skills and been poked and prodded been scientists. He growls at any who attempt to do the same with his daughter, however. He has readily volunteered his services to BCSEC to ensure a safe home for himself and his daughter.

Signature: Tempest
Approved.

A tad late but here is my list of upgrades, most of it is miscellaneous equipment.

Additional Weapon: A slightly modded Lahti L-35 pistol, only modification is a more durable grip and trigger to prevent Manny from crushing it with his cybernetic hand. Fires 9 mm and works great in the cold and other hostile weather conditions, making it less likely to jam.

Miscellaneous equipment:

-A map of Bunker Chicago and the surrounding country-side: Less likely to be lost along with planning out better scouting routes and ambush spots. Covered in a durable plastic film to prevent damage from rain or other weather elements.

-Durable military-grade Backpack with camouflage colors to prevent easy detection: Manny's pockets get full sometimes, used for storing more ammo and other key items. Can carry up to 60 pounds.

-Emergency Med-kit: Complete with medical nanobots, two syringes of morphine, dressing, bandages, an antiseptic spray, small shears and a tiny bottle of 100 mg of codeine. Easily fits in a backpack.

---Personal---

lECTs2gm.png

Name: Liam Grillod

History Type: Homesteader

For close on his entire life, Liam has lived just beyond the borders of Bunker Chicago. While it might be thought that due to this he lived a life filled with misery and fraught with peril the truth is somewhat more tame, if not less dangerous. Instead of raiders and U-Arm "Liberations" their farm was faced with droughts and poor yields. Rather than riots and violence in the streets they were put against bidding wars, and hoping there would be enough to feed themselves once others had their orders filled. In many ways, one could look at Liam's life before joining BCSec almost too good for the wasteland they lived in.

However it had been done, the peace that had spread over that farm had instilled in Liam a sense of extreme boredom, and he ached to escape from it. He did aything to pass the time, early in life it had been daily lessons from his mother. She had been blessed enough to learn her letters, and passed down the gift of literacy to all her children. In other times Liam would play, fight, and work on the farm as any other child would, but he always showed a certain knack for fixing things. Engine on the tractor not working quite right? Send Liam to it and by god it'll run better than new. Trouble remembering when to water crops? Liam can make up a system that remembers, and waters it for you.

Liam found projects where ever he could, and for a time that was good enough. Still though he was bored. He knew the farm held littke promise for him. It was already promised to his eldest brother, and while he may do well to work there for a time, he knew every man had to forge their own path. Eager to see more of the world, and do something more exciting than harvest crops Liam joined BCSec almost as soon as he could, and hasn't stopped since.

---Technical---​

Class Unlock:

Grunt Certification

Cybernetics:

None at the moment

Weapon Mods:

• Laser Batteries: For when normal ammunition simply won't cut it, Liam has upgraded his rifle to fire bursts of laser.
  • Cooling Chamber: Helps prevents weapon from overheating, allowing for longer periods of use from his rifle
  • Overcharged Batteries: Through tinkering with standard batteries, Liam has been able to successfully discover a way to load his batteries with a larger charge. Granting more shots to be taken.
    • Modified Chamber: Liam's rifle now has the ability to house 3 batteries at a time, in a revolver cylinder style
  • Side-arm Holster Mod: At his side Liam holsters a modified sawn-off shotgun. The holster for which could have been a clumsy, heavy ordeal. Liam has modded it into something much sleeker, allowing for an extremely quick draw.
    • Kinetic Pulse Round: While normal buckshot is well and good, Liam wasn't satisfied. Using nanotech, he was able to create a timed round that provides a small kinetic burst after the subject would have recovered from initial shot

Other:

• Fierce Loyalty: To get a boy of Liam's age out into battle requires little more than a promise of glory. To keep him alive takes something entirely different, and Liam knows that. It is for that reason that he will find a superior soldier, and follow them to the grave. (Will not panic around superiors/experienced soldiers, boosts morale of nearby soldiers - stat boost)
  • Deft Hands, Sharp Eyes: Tinkering away with machinery for hours without end has molded his hands into extremely precise tools, and his mind into a machine itself. His hands sometimes appear as a blur, doing in precise, quick seconds what others may fumble with. (Extremely quick reaction time/reflexes)
  • Modded Medium Armor: While content enough with the protection provided by the medium armor, Liam found the stock it held not to the quantoty he liked. As such he has adapted it to be able to carry more batteries, and also provide shielding to the extra ammo.
Signature: Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.