The Last Bastion: Bunker Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was I warned? o.0

Same time as all the other mutants: Brovo's March 10 GM post (on phone, linking is a pain in the ass) when Adam and Eve had a telepathic convo that all mutants heard that ended with Eve saying in not so many words "stop the telepathic chatter because it'll hear us.". Then Eve was unwilling to communicate with bravo team via telepathy for the same reason. It was about as blatant as it be short of Brovo saying "the beast can sense telepathic communication, don't use it."

Oh, and Omar thought it plainly in my first post on the second page of the IC, so that should've been a clear meta warning for you as the player. Warnings were plentiful.

Here:
"They've split up."
"Yes, they have."
"Strange. Still, the children of Sodom's most astute listeners did hear us."
"Good. Then, knowing they do as we ask, we should probably warn them that their allies will not buy them much time. Washington is leading the charge against them. I met him. A tactical genius, if but a violent fellow."
"Well, worry not. They heard your warning. I made sure of it. Now, hold tight. If we speak too much, the beast will hear you. I can only distract it for so long..."

Reactions: Brovo
Aiden was never warned directly and I don't really metagame.
On top of that if it was so important Adam should have said something during his conversation with Aiden.

Not metagaming is generally good, but sometimes it's beneficial and reasonable to sorta metagame in order to make your character catch something that they could have understood despite you as a player overlooking it. You could've connected those three dots I laid out in my previous post, realized that Aiden could and should have gotten the message from Eve's warning to Adam, and thus Aiden could have avoided telepathy due to that late realization. It ain't metagaming if your character had ample opportunity to know it and you just neglected to acknowledge it at the time but then remembered it at a relevant time.

As for Adam not saying something, perhaps it was already too late by the time Aiden spoke so he just rolled with it knowing that his fate was sealed. Or maybe he was being naive and hoped that it was just communication between himself and Eve that would draw the beast. Lots of possibilities for why he didn't do anything but act a bit uncomfortable about the telepathy use.

But yeah, discounting pseudo-metagaming options, I've gotta say that Aiden is a bit of a dense guy for not catching Eve's meaning. He deserves to be used as bait to pay for his failures. :D

Speaking of metagaming, suppose Alpha and Beta Squads survive with light - medium casualties; there's still the loose canon, which is U-ARM, lead by this so called Washington character, the Shadow Zone's unpredictability, and whatever else lays outside the Skyscraper. By day's end, it will be riddled in happy trigger fingers, human happy meals, and things that intentionally go boom :bawling:

Speaking of metagaming, suppose Alpha and Beta Squads survive with light - medium casualties; there's still the loose canon, which is U-ARM, lead by this so called Washington character, the Shadow Zone's unpredictability, and whatever else lays outside the Skyscraper. By day's end, it will be riddled in happy trigger fingers, human happy meals, and things that intentionally go boom :bawling:
That piled on Aiden's current situation, I think I'll start drafting a new CS now.

How's the name Connor McAdam sound?

As always, I have a plan. But it requires all your grenades. o.o
Does the plan include Omar peacing the fuck out and not taking any stupid risks with the beast? Because if not, he's not gonna want to do it. :D

Does the plan include Omar peacing the fuck out and not taking any stupid risks with the beast? Because if not, he's not gonna want to do it. :D
Well that's not going to stop her xD

Nah, but if she requires all the grenades and she intends to do something stupid and dangerous then Omar will refuse to hand his over.

I was unaware the cripple was armed at all.

Reminder: Post is Wednesday next week (the 13th).

IC post is up!

@GourmetItalia You failed to post last round. You have one more round to post before you'll go inactive and likely be removed from the RP.
@Heyitsjiwon You failed to post last round. You have one more round to post before you'll go inactive and likely be removed from the RP.

As always, if y'all need short and quick collabs done, just PM me with the questions, or lines of dialogue, or actions, which you need responses from the NPC's for, in your post.

My alerts have failed me again... My bad! Will double check next time.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
My alerts have failed me again... My bad! Will double check next time.
Sir, I sent you a PM last night alerting you that you had enough time to post before the GM post went up.

• Thank You
Reactions: Heyitsjiwon
That you did. Unfortunately... that was almost 2AM, and I was asleep by that point in time. However, I do appreciate your effort to help.

You were online.

I probably was. But, I wasn't on my computer at the time. So, I didn't see your message until I woke up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.