The LAST Airbender?

*sQUEEEEEEEEEL!!!!*

...Although if aang's son is with Katara I'm still going to HATERAIDE. D:< But a new series makes it SLIGHTLY better.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...
-dies-

*sQUEEEEEEEEEL!!!!*

...Although if aang's son is with Katara I'm still going to HATERAIDE. D:< But a new series makes it SLIGHTLY better.
If Tenzin is Aang’s son, who is his mother?
DiMartino: [To Konietzko] We can say that, right? [To Speakeasy] It’s Katara. It’s not a huge surprise.

*water-bends the Haterade into canteen for Diana*

G'on getcha sip on.

Heehee! Diana's a shipper.

I have high hopes for this series.

Damn right I am. D:< Only series I have EVER hated the canon couple. BECAUSE THAT SET THAT SHIT UP FOR KATARA AND ZUKO THEN PULLED A 180 LIKE A BUNCH OF FUCKERS.

I bet those writers are freaks that like little kids with mommy figures as love interests. D:<

*Watches Diana get her hate on.*

Oh, God, don't stop! XD

LET THE HATE FLOW.

DONT CARE.

DIDNT LIKE THE FIRST ONE. WONT LIKE THIS ONE.

BRING ME MY BACCANO!

AND MY LIVE ACTION ZOMBIE MOVIES!

BRING ME MY WARHAMSTERS!

Well, in this case, it probably has something do with the word "Nickelodeon"( :P )and the fact that most long-running adult-aimed animation in Western countries is either based on long-established iconic characters and/or much more gimdark than what they're aiming for(or a variable mix of gross-out humor and topical social satire).

Besides, the mastering of the elements has always been something of a backdrop for coming-of-age stories. You could make a story about a grown-up avatar who's already mastered all of the elements, but you would likely have to go more for character-driven tension or something more philosophically or politically driven since actualized avatars are sort of imposing at physical conflicts.

*shrug*

Maybe a third series could involve an adult Earthbender avatar dealing with how to maintain peace. Or being reminded of the dangers of becoming too set in one's ways. That might fit thematically.

I hated Aang in the original series I hope they keep his appearances in this one to a minimum (not having him would be awesome)

Pre-release material suggests

Aang will be older and dead(er), seeing as it's confirmed he has a son old enough to train the new main, and Aang himself will eventually appear in the Spirit World as an advisor like the other previous avatars.