The Language Used in Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an obvious lie Heather had told. Anyone could see that.
"Don't bullshit me Heather, what's really going on? Do I have to pull this car over and walk with you?" He said looking at her.

I was shocked, very up front Reemus was. I wasn't expecting that at all, I could feel my face get red but I blew it off like it was just the heat of the day. I rubbed the back of my neck keeping a struggling smile.

"You don't have to..." I said, I didn't want to cause much trouble. Being an MMA fighter I am sure he was busy so I gave him an option. Maybe someone to walk with would help. Looking at Reemus I gave him a confused look.

"Are you busy?"

Reemus had the gym, but he say screw it.

"No I'm free." He said in return and waited to see what Heather would say next.

Near by was a coffee shop with an outside patio so I pointed it out to Reemus. "There is a small patio out here. Meet me there. Parking is in the back." I walked off towards the coffee shop since it was very close by. The patio was surprisingly empty compared to many of it's busy days but I picked a table to sit down at waiting for Reemus. I was slightly nervous being face to face with him for the first time for a A and B conversation and not a quick chat. I sat there with my left hand in my lap and my left on the table as I watched cars drive by.

Reemus parked his car and then moved into the patio area of the coffee shop.

"I'm going to get a drink first, do you want anything?" He asked Heather.

I shook my head when Reemus walked up to me asking if I wanted anything. I wasn't all that thirsty, or anything at all for that fact. I almost felt like a black glob of depression as things began to sink in. I awaited patiently for Reemus to return, but the more I sat there in silence the worse I felt then deep down I felt like I shouldn't say anything at all. Just make it seem like a bad day or maybe just exhaustion. My body and mind ached, I felt like nothing. Just particles waiting to blow away. Cars passed by the shop in a blur to me, I sat there motionless. Things were beginning to slow around me and I felt faint once more.

Reemus grabbed himself a cup of coffee inside the shop. Pure black with no cream or sugar. He loved it strong, just like his women. After getting his coffee, he came back outside and sat down next to Heather. It was obvious something was wrong.

"So tell me what's going on Heather? What's eating at you?"

Reemus sat down next to me but I didn't notice at first till he said something, grabbing my attention I looked towards him. I could smell his coffee across the table, I could instantly tell it was black as strong as it was. I shifted my body towards him so I can have more of an A and B conversation.
"I talked to the doctor to day about my little sister getting the last surgery done and everything... Things have not been going as planned. Yet apparently this has been going on for awhile and I get to learn this just now? I'm angry, upset, then sad. Emotions been racing all day. I don't know what to do Reemus."
Sadness was my least favorite emotion, thus I always had a way of turning it into anger to prevent a brokenheart. I ran my hand through my hair as I took a deep breath.
"I feel so lost right now."

"Can they save her at least?" Reemus asked. It was the only question going through his mind, and about the only thing that mattered at the moment. He didn't know the girl, hell he barely knew Heather, but it was her sister and he could see it was a life or death encounter.

"Can they save her at least?" Reemus asked me but I shook my head letting out a pathetic Huff of a laugh. I closed my eyes just hoping for a sense of light as I began to speak. "He said, 'He'll try.' That's all I got out of it. I don't think its going to be successful though if what he told me was true. I was so angry I had to walk off before I hit him." It took me a moment before I opened my eyes trying to prevent any tears, I looked straight at Reemus with a grin of disbelief and eyes of sorrow.

"Faith and hope is all we have left in a world like this Heather. I don't know you that well, nor your sister, but I have faith in that doctor and hope that she'll survive." Reemus said, and then took a couple of sips from his coffee. It tasted so good going down, it reminded him of the good times, and by that the brief moments when he wasn't force to kick someone's teeth in because of something.

"Faith..." I said silently. My sister was already ill, near death yet I was suppose to have faith in some doctor that I don't even know. But I just nodded agreeing with Reemus. There cold air from this morning warmed up as a light breeze brushed against my face letting my burgundy "fly" on it's own like leaves in the wind. The area seemed calming but I couldn't tell if it was because Reemus was here or it was just the weather. It was nice and thanks to it I began to calm down.

"Well now that we got that out and in the open..." Reemus said and then drank some more of his coffee before continuing to speak. "...since you're out of the hospital, is there anything you need to do today Heather?"

I thought about it for a moment, but could not think of anything that I needed to do. I was feeling better by each moment that passed by, so I finally threw a smile at Reemus. "No, not that I am aware of. I didn't exactly leave the hospital on good notes. Just walked out more like it." I laughed about the thought as I realized how foolish I was. My stomach suddenly growled at me like a beast out of the depths of, well my stomach. Looking back at the doors of the coffee shop, I decided it was time to finally get some food in me. "Hey Reemus was there any fresh food in there? Think the tummy beast is after me."

Reemus nearly spat out his coffee when he heard Heather say that she just up and left the hospital. He then grew a very disgruntle face when she asked if there was any good food inside the cafe. "Nope, this place is good only for the coffee, the food is complete crap." He finished off his coffee and got up from his seat. "I do know of a good place not to far from here, care to go there for some grub?"

I tried not to giggle as Reemus almost spat out his coffee, then when I heard his answer about the food being garbage at the coffee shop I was puzzled. "Really? Darn it. I feel like I have not eaten in ages." I thought about it for a bit to actually just grab something anyways, or something nearby, but Reemus stood up from his seat making me lose train of thought. He claimed he knew of a good place and I was enthused. "You bet! I could fight for a meal." I joked.

"Haha that's the spirit." Reemus said as he tossed away his coffee cup. "We should get off then, wouldn't want you to throw in the towel before the fight for food even began." He said with a smile, and then led Heather to his car. It seemed as though today was going to be a good day after all, at least for Reemus. HE was glad he spotted Heather and glad she wanted to go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.