INTEREST CHECK The Land of Fraet (RP discussion/interest check)

L

LittleRedPanda

Original poster
In the middle of the Akhem ocean there is a very large island, called Fraet. In the olden days, the regions of Fraet were shaped by the divine fae, a mystical race of fairies. Fraet was shaped into four regions, centered around Laurel bay. Linlake being the biggest and most prominent of all of the regions, centered in the very middle of Laurel bay, more or less governs the other 3 regions. Each region has it's own ruler. Linlake has a royal family, as well as Facilya, a waterway kingdom on the very tip of Laurel bay. Alaurwen, being a small mystic village in the middle of a very vast swamp, has a chief. Lothelian, a vast city sitting on top of a mountain, has a governor. This region is primarily occupied by humans. There are very few known mystical beings in the region. The two known instances of magic creatures in the region are: the unicorns that Linlake raises as amusement for the royal family, and the divine fae which are treated almost as deities. Every human being is visited by a member of the divine fae when they are born. The fae give each human an amulet and a familiar on their day of birth. Your amulet is tied to your life force, meaning if someone breaks your amulet, you die. However, each amulet also gives you one power to use as you deem fit. Each human's amulet is different. The fae decide what sort of amulet you are given based on your lineage and your foreseen future. The amulets are extremely unequal and you are stuck with what you get. Yet even if you have the weakest of amulets, your familiar can make up with that. Your familiar is sort of like a magical wisp that lives in the amulet, granting you the power to use your amulet, and even granting you the ability to change into your familiar form (Your familiar form being a sort of mystical trance where you change bodies. Sort of like Aang in the Avatar state being the giant water monster in Avatar: The Last Airbender) At the moment the regions are at a very tense peace. The 3 regions surrounding Linlake are beginning to get fed up with the way that the largest region demands a share of their main export, for free. Linlake keeps all of the best food and livestock to themselves, viewing the other regions as inferior. Surrounding the 4 regions, effectively cutting off all access to the other side of the island is Aeniasu, the forest of the fae. This is where the fae reside. It is filled to the brim with all sorts of abandoned temples dedicated to the fairies. It is also a black hole. Many expeditions have been forged to make it to the other side of the forest, but none have ever been heard from again.

===

Pictures:

Linlake Castle:

2681629179_dc43e653e2.jpg

germany-mespelbrunn-castle-1024x768.jpg

Linlake City:

Medieval_Night_by_Saleri.jpg

medieval-lords-build-defend-expand-1.jpg

village01_446.jpg

Linlake is the most prominent of the 4 regions of Fraet. It is a large walled in city with a river running through the middle. The castle of Linlake is centered in the very middle of the river. Around the river on the either side closest to the river is the rich side of Linlake. As you spread out from the river, getting closer to the wall, the city becomes poorer and poorer until you get to the farmlands right inside the walls. Linlake's major industry is farming.

Facilya:

640x379_7913_Neo_Venice_2d_fantasy_architecture_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

7211.jpg

Facilya is a waterway kingdom, based on one of the tip of Laurel bay, on the other side of Alaurwen. Facilya may seem like a pleasant and happy city, always decorated with bright colors and smiling faces, but Facilya is the darkest of all of the regions. The king is cruel and the canals are littered with crime. Facilya's main export is fish and painted and blown glass.

Alaurwen:

misty-swamps.jpg

swamp_by_polyraspad-d2zsqhz.jpg

swamp_village_by_peabody111-d4t6r9w.jpg

Alaurwen is a swamp region in between Facilya and Linlake. It is a very difficult region to maneuver through unless you live there. Although a vast region, only a small number of people actually live there. There is a small village with a chief shaman watching over them. Mostly, Alaurwen is populated by mystics and potion makers. Alaurwen's main export is herbs and potions.

Lothelian:

HD-prints-original-oil-paintings-canvas-Naohisa-Inoue-fantasy-20x30-x015.jpg

Fantasy-Cities-44102.jpg

83924.jpg

Lothelian is a great mountain city state, situated on the other side of Linlake, opposite of Facilya. It is led by a kindly governor and is probably the most peaceful of the regions. Lothelian's main export is coal and precious metals.

Aeniasu:

95624.jpg

forest_never_sleeps_by_zalas.jpg

Forests_wallpapers_56.jpg

Fairy Temples:

bg_practice__forest___earth_temple_by_pokey_chan-d5ao65h.png

druid_temple_ruins_by_phantagram-d54u1mk.jpg

entrance_to_the_sacred_tree_iii_by_industrial_forest-d5wt4px.jpg

Aeniasu is the forest of the fairy deities that surrounds all the regions. It is regarded as not only sacred but very dangerous. The forest covers everything and is very labyrinthine in nature. It is littered with all sorts of strange abandoned, crumbling temples that no one knows quite where they came from. Still not much is known about this forest.

Sorry about my very wordy thread but I think details are sometimes very helpful. I'm struggling most with what exactly the plot should be. A good world is nothing without a plot. So please suggest things!(:

Depending on the characters, you actually already kinda mentioned good plots, although they might be a bit cliche. The tense peace means that a war can break loose anytime, so fighting, assassinations of kings, infiltrations of kingdoms, et cetera are all plausible plot ideas. Also you mentioned the forest remaining largely unexplored. In other words, explorers or adventurers or scouting parties for supplies can easily be sent on expedition.

The visual aids are so intense that they hurt my brain. In a good way. ^_^ I like this, and it does have an intriguing potential for various plots and stories, stemming from the same world.

Reactions: 2 people
I got really scared when you said they were so intense. I was like oh no! Lol. And although it is possible war could break out I'm not sure if it would... Just because war and fighting plots are everywhere all over the site. Scouting could be possible though....

I really like this, I would be interested in doing a role play off of this world :D

@LittleRedPanda. They are just ideas, and it seems like interest is growing

Yes, I am very encouraged by the shown interest so far.(:

So scouting the woods you say?

Possibly. Although there's also a possibility we could do some sort of plot like there has to be a peacekeeping group heading to all the regions trying to talk to all of the head honchos and such. But that means they also have to traverse the forest and the swamp.

Ah I see. And how many participants, do you plan on allowing? Put any thought into a Character sheet yet?

Most likely I'll allow the RP to be open forever as it is a very large world and can fit multiple plot lines. My CS will be basics such as appearance, bio, personality... all that.. as well as your amulet, amulet powers, and familiar form.

Going to post some rules as well? Or will it be like it always is in general. No god-modding, etc. And limitations on powers, as well as ones to be chosen from? Will you be the Fae that assigns the amulets and their given power or will we be choosing? Does the amulet tie into our familiar form or is that free to be chosen as well?

I will most definitely post some basic rules as well as guidelines for the magic and other stuff such as that. However, I'd like to keep it up to the player as to what they wanted their powers to be. I would just be there simply to moderate how powerful your powers are and remind you that not everyone does have super powerful amulets. Your familiar form will be free to choose as well, but it somehow does need to tie into your amulet powers or the aesthetics of your amulet.

I really like this idea! I'd be glad to help and collaborate to advance plot ideas and such. I am also VERY interested in joining up as well. (:

Hello. :3

I'm also extremely interested, this can definitely go to places. And so I could also pitch in and help an of course join later on!

I especially like the peacekeeper group idea. ^^

And so LittleRedPanda's group grows and grows :>

I might also advertise a little bit here an there to some people I know. Haha. ^^

It just sounds like so much fun to me, I dunno why.

Sure, she'd appreciate every addition, haha

I most definitely would appreciate that! This makes me so so soooo happy.

Ooh, this sounds interesting~ I'll join if you start it up c: