The Land of Fraet (A medieval fantasy RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arabella

"Splendid! Your timing, Princess, is unmarred." Annina spoke in glee as the servants loaded with food entered the room. "I am honored that you remember me, Princess Arabella, May I ask why we've all gathered here?" The princess shook her head, her red curls bouncing lightly against her shoulders. "You may ask. However, I'm afraid all I can tell you is that it's for a ball. Father tells me nothing." She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. She studied the others in the room, watching as some danced or ate. It was such a splendid sight.

The Phainopepla

"The first?" Eric looked surprised as he looked down at her. Next to them, dinner was announced and he let her back up. She watched quietly interested as his face shifted slightly when he looked at the people eating the food. For a moment he looked almost angry but it quickly flitted away as he offered her his arm and led them back to the tables. "You must be hungry," She realized she was slightly hungry and so she nodded.
"I could go for a small bite." However she didn't want him to find an opening and leave her then. She was still very much interested in him on the whole. He was intriguing and slightly mysterious. She quite enjoyed it.

They had soon found a table once more, this time one nearer to the middle of the room, because theirs had been annexed by some other guests. The waiters weaved between the tables, taking empty plates and filling glasses. Gave out napkins and replaced platters. It all seemed well practiced, like a kind of dance in its own right.

Eric had pulled out a seat for his companion and took his own. There was an empty plate in front of each chair, with corresponding silverware. The rest of the table was filled with various kinds of food. Meats, fruit, vegetables, breads and a few things Eric couldn't really identify. It would be the best meal he had in forever and he, even though after he felt slightly embarrassed by it, didn't wait to fill the plate. Come the end of the evening he would stuff some other things into his pocket for home as well.

He waited on Amaerilda, giving a quick glance at the various forms of knives, spoons and forks around his plate.

Celoa finished his platter of snacks when he noticed the butlers and servants coming into the room with tray after tray of food.
"must be time for the main dinner."
"Remember Celoa. We're in the palace. Manners and courtesy."

He nodded and sat at a table with a few nobles and some others. He didn't see many of the people he had kept his eye on earlier, but he figured they would turn up sooner or later.
He filled his plate and sat silently, listening to the random conversations around him.

"Oh, what a shame." Annina's shoulders slumped. Alas, no more leads as to what this ball is all about, she thought sadly. But she couldn't waste time feeling hopeless when the scent of spicy potatoes lingered. "I guess we'll learn all there is to know about this ball at the right time... Thank you for your help, Princess. Shall we head off for dinner?" she offered her arm at the Princess. "I say, my potatoes are waiting."​

He looked at his new companion and couldn't help but giggle he was a strange man indeed. "It seems they are starting to serve dinner, would you care to join me for the meal?" he said to his new companion as he pointed at the tables being served "They will probably have some water that doesn't quite taste like meat."

Status
Not open for further replies.