The Knight's Wanderer

Joseph thought over it carefully, taking mental notes as he listened. The stink sounded difficult to deal with, making him grateful he'd never had to. However, the idea of beady little eyes made him think of small animals- however, he pushed it away. Surely it meant something different, right? "That's a lot more trouble than the rumors. I don't know how you can handle it with just that smell alone...Though I suppose some can handle such scents, I'm sure I'd have failed to get close." He seemed slightly regretful for his statement, but at the same time, wanted to prove his listening. "Goblins are strong, aren't they? It's a relief you all worked so hard to stop them from causing trouble...It'd be no good if they troubled the people, after all. Knights such as yourselves are certainly necessary and respectable."

"They were after miners. Goblins have this uncontrollable fascination with shiny object, particularly silver. We were task with going in and eliminated them. Goblins aren't particularly strong, they just have numbers that can be overwhelming." Tomias answered.

"They especially aren't strong if you distract them by chucking silver at them." Eliza chuckled, looking at her knights' armor.

He found the entire idea interesting, but was caught off guard in a way by the thought of chucking silver at the goblins. "I take it you did that? I almost wish I could have seen it." He grinned a bit- this story surely was going to be an interesting one for the future. "Just imagining it is quite enjoyable somehow...Although I'm sure I'm not seeing them in my head properly. But...The idea of chucking silver at them due to their fascination...I can't help but wonder just how fast their intentions changed from attacking to looking at the silver."

All the knights laughed. Tomias answered. "She meant chucking us at them, you know, silver plated armor?" He grinned. "She was joking of course."

Eliza grinned and shook her head. "Their reactions changed almost instantly."

Joseph ended up chuckling along with the knights- their laughter seemed to be a bit on the contagious side. "Ah, I see...Silver plated armor would be very effective I'm guessing. After all, it's also very heavy...So having that thrown at you would hurt. Though I'm thankful not to know the pain personally." He smiled meekly, taking a swig from his drink as he looked towards Eliza. "Was it a good change, I'm guessing?"

"Of course" Eliza smiled.

Tomias laughed. "We slaughtered them"

Joseph chuckled a bit as he listened. "Well, you did what you had to...I'm relieved for it. I'm sure many are. Especially the miners and their families.

Eliza nodded. "Aye, so they are. Soon, we shall have another task and once again we will be whisked off."

He thought it over and smiled. "I see...So you're whisked away by tasks. In my case, I'm whisked away by the wind- or by stories. My travels tend to vary in duration. I'm sure your missions tend to as well?"

The knights nodded solemnly. Eliza replying, "Yes, very much so. We were lucky with this task that no one was injured."

Joseph frowned lightly, though slightly at ease from the words- the solemnity of the other knights was actually a bit alarming. "I'm glad to hear no one was hurt. I'll be believing in you from now on as well, so keep doing your jobs well, as you have been- not that I have to tell you to."

The knights all raised their glasses together, a silent toast for those that had been injured and lost. As well as a toast for continued good fortune on the battlefield.

Joseph, though not actually part of the group, opted to join the raised toast. Afterwards, he basically finished his drink, and rubbed some sweat off his brow. "I've been traveling a while, so I'm a bit weary. I thank you for allowing me to join you during this time, but I should get to bed early. Thank you again. All of you."

The knights polished off their tankards, filling them before toasting him. "Join us again sometime, tale-spinner." Tomias said, his voice slightly slurred.

Joseph chuckled a bit in relief- they were friendly, which was rather helpful to him. He nodded to Tomias in agreement. "I'd be honored, Sir Knight. Until next time, then." He gave a polite farewell gesture before bringing his beer mug to the inn keeper who was taking care of the dishes, and then went up the stairs to the room he was staying in. Finding it, he used the key and entered, closing it to lock the door. Taking off his cloak to reveal his torso to the air, a brown tunic with no sleeves covering his chest and back, a book in his hand that he'd never let go of. Taking a seat at a nearby table, he sat and began to open the book and write in it, entailing his travel to the area and his meeting with the knights. By taking notes of all that happened, his tales were much easier to remember.

Eliza stood, growing annoyed with her men and their lack of control when it came to strong ale. "I shall be retiring as well." She stumbled towards the door, heading towards her own home that was a mere block away.

Joseph wasn't one to fall asleep after excitement all so easily. He'd written all he could remember and needed to using shorthand in order to conserve space in his journal, closing it tightly and leaning back in his chair. As he cast his gaze to the window, he realized that sleep would not come so easily, and opted to open the window to keep an eye outside for some time. The window faced towards the doorway and the road, and as he noticed Eliza, a smile reached his simple features. "Good night, Miss Knight." He called quite easily, waving slightly with one hand, both elbows on the windowsill. The hand that was not waving was under his cheek, which leaned slightly sideways to let his head rest a bit more easily.

Eliza turned to look at him and waved. She stumbled slightly down the road before entering her home and shutting the door behind her.

He smiled lightly when she'd waved back, then watched as she stumbled down the road. Had she started getting a buzz from the alcohol? Her slight lack of coordination both made him curious and worried at the same time, the thought lingering in his mind as he went to bed. When he woke up, however, the thought seemed to have left him, and he found it easy to leave the inn without a worry, his journal hidden once again under his cloak in one hand as he began to walk down the road, near to her home he'd seen that night. He wasn't sure why he went that way, but he found it curious a direction.

After a night of restful sleep, Eliza awoke to a slight headache. "Damn soldiers...they poured me one too many.." she stood and dressed in her armor, stepping outside to take a deep breathe and enjoy the sunlight.