The Knights of Dys'Mariy

Lloyd paid his due respects to the king, mimicking the actions of most of the knights (with the exception of Sir Rubens) by standing upon the entrance of the King, and then sitting down once he had been seated. He then held his tongue as their quest, for a lack of a better term, was laid out to them. He studied the map as the areas of focus were laid out, noting that the sage was somewhere within the mountain range, knowing that it would be difficult to find someone who had managed to remain hidden for several years. Luckily he and a majority of them had winged mounts, making mountain travel easier than for a Liger.

Lloyd was a bit surprised to find that he was a last second addition to the quest, but didn't take it personally in the slightest. It wasn't his place to assume that he was a necessity, or that the other knights would be insufficient without him. With that said, he felt a small sort of honor to be chosen out of the other knights that the kingdom had. His attention turned to Esmeralda, her clear voice cutting through the relative quiet of the room, the mage not particularly strong of voice. He nodded at her question, waiting for the answer before asking his own question, not wanting to be rude and cut her off. "What exactly is the Hyga Shield? Why is it so important to us and the Archsage?"

Illyrin was shocked at what he had just heard. The king had kept the war a secret from most people? The people of Marys knew. Their chosen champion, Illyrin's father was one of the first casualties in the war, but that was almost five years ago. The king had ordered the people of Marys to prepare for war. Why did he let Illyrins people know? was it because he knew it would not spread beyond the mountains?

"Your majesty,I mean no disrespect, but why so long? It has been five years since I retrieved my fathers body and repelled the invaders from our borders. Also why keep this a secret from the people that have been loyal to your line for centuries, but tell those who have only been part of your kingdom for several generations?