The Knight Will Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The earth witch???" Evelyn questioned. She didn't know what Tathariel could do with any of it.
But, talking to Eve was almost like talking to a brick wall. She rarely listened to others' ideas, unless they were a lot better than hers.
"Splitting up? Maybe that'd be a good idea..." she stated. She started to think fast and stopped walking just to think.
"People aren't sure if the princess is in the tower or the dungeon below the kingdom.... to find the witch we could try going to the Garland Forest...If we split up... we could figure everything out a lot quicker.... but then again...how would we know where to meet each other after getting the information needed..?"
Evelyn didn't even seem to hear Logan's suggestion to not split up.

Logan stopped right beside Evelyn raising an eyebrow as he listening to her. "What about the... what was it called?" He stopped mid-sentence, thinking of a certain place for them to meet up. Then it came to him. "Oh! I know!" He said excitedly, facing Evenly with a smile. "Remember that one place we used to go as kids? Y'know, the one by the creek?" He asked her, hoping she will remember. Logan looked around the place they are, spotting a large rock. He walked over to it and sat down. "Maybe we could meet there...?" He stated, questioning in the end.

Last edited:
Evelyn turned to face Logan.
"That's a perfect meeting place," she agreed with a slight smile. She walked over to the rock Logan sat on.
"You find the Earth witch, I'll find the princess...unless you want to find the princess," Evelyn stated as she raised her eyebrow and smirked.
She was only messing with him, making it seem like he would want to go find the princess in order to do whatever it was guys do when they met a girl they like.

Logan's face brighten up slightly as Evelyn messed with him. "I-I'll take care with the Earth witch. You can go find the princess." He said rapidly, mentally cursing himself in the head for stuttering unthinkable beinning. Logan stood up and stretched his arms down, looking around. "Now, which way is Garland forest?" He asked himself, frowing slighlty in thought.

Evelyn laughed at Logan's quick reply.
She was just about to head towards the tower, knowing it was just west of the kingdom. If she could guess, Even would say it was just about a couple hour walk, and a long way to the top of the tower.
She stopped once hearing Logan asking himself a question. "You didn't bring a map or something?" she asked him.

Logan faced Evelyn as he thought what she said. "Hmm... Oh! I do," He said, pulling out his sword. There came out a wrinkled paper fold in three. Logan pick up the paper of the ground as he put his sword back into the belt and opened it up, revealing a map of their land. "Thank you, Evelyn, for remembering me!" He said, smiling at her. He looked at the map for Garland Forest. "Well, I'll meet you by the creek!" He shouted at he began to head towards the path to Garland.

Evelyn shook her head with a smile on her face.
"Good luck, Logan," she said before lifted the mask on her lower face, along with her hood. Eve adjusted the crossbow in her hand as she took out a map of her own.
She looked up, trying to get s sense of where the tower would be. "I'll meet you at the creek," Eve stated before walking off.

After waving goodbye at Evelyn, Logan began to head to the north, a path leading up to a cultural village. Once passing there, the Greek ahead towards a path with a bridge over a cold river. As Logan walked through that direction, he glancing around his surroundings, making sure there's no one around. As he arrived at the bridge, Logan noticed a bunch of people crowding in the entrance of the bridge. "What? What happened here?" He asked himself, walking over to see it for himself.

The tower couldn't have been that far away.
Evelyn walked off, away from Logan and in the direction she believed the tower was. If the princess turned out to be below the kingdom instead of the tower, Evelyn would end up having to spend more time on her own. Hopefully, her first bet is right and she wouldn't have to worry Logan by spending more time away.
Eve stopped walking for a bit and looked around. "It could help to see more of my surroundings," she mumbled under her breath.
Evelyn quickly climbed a tall tree that was in front of her. She jumped up a few branches until she was at the top.
"It should take no more than a couple hours," Eve said to herself before jumping off the branch, grabbing onto a different one on a close by tree.
She continued this process until coming to a tree too far to jump to.
Evelyn dropped down to the ground and walked the rest of the way. She moved quickly, not wanting to be seen by anyone.

As Logan walked closer to crowded bridge, he was able to get as closer look of the bridge. "What a disaster..." He mumbled as he took as step back. The bridge was destroyed. As if someone used a bombard to explode the bridge.
Logan sighed as he turned away from crowd as he looked at his map for another way to Garland. This path was the shortest path to the forest. Now, he needs to take the longest way. "But how the hell am I going to get there...?" He asked to no one in particular.
Logan glanced over his shoulder as he noticed three or four horses. "Well... a faster way to get there." The brunette muttered. He walked over to a young lady. A smile forming on his face. "Excuse me, Ypérocho kyrá (lovely missus)," He spoke, his Greek accent rolling off his tongue. The young lady looked at Logan, blushing slightly. "May I borrow one of your horses, parakaló̱ (please)?" He asked, giving her a charming look. The young woman nodded as she gave Logan a handle of a white stallion, cheeks slightly rosy red. "Thank you." He said, getting on top of the stallion and rode off to the long path towards Garland Forest.

As Evelyn got closer to the tower, she got more tired. She was moving quick, losing energy quicker than she would have wanted.
Eve looked up and noticed the tower in the distant. "Please be here," she mumbled under her breath. If she ran she could probably make it in another twenty minutes.
Evelyn looked around as she caught her breath, as though scanning her surroundings before continuing on. The girl looked to the sky after rolling her eyes in exhaustion. She could have at least brought some water. If it weren't for the gray clouds blocking out the sun's beam, Evelyn would have been in worse condition.
After a moment she finally took off once again, heading to the tower.

As they were half way through the path, Logan stopped the stallion next to a pond, letting it drink before they take off again. Logan leaned against a tree as he glanced at the sky, noticing gray clouds.
"Well, let's get going, horsey..." He muttered, getting on the stallion again. With a yell from the young Greek, the white stallion took off on the path towards the forest, only taking two or three hours to get there.

Evelyn was closing in on the tower.
She was so close and almost there, until she skidded to a stop. Someone was blocking the door that led to the staircase.
Eve has yet to be seen and stayed just where she was, behind a tree. She lifted up her crossbow and aimed it at whoever it was that was gaurding the door.
He was dressed in armor, though he didn't wear a helmet. "How careless," Eve mumbled under her breath as she took aim.
It was a matter of time before an arrow zipped through the air and pierced through the man in armor.

After three hours, both Logan and the white stallion reached Garland forest, now walking on the path. Logan looked up the waterfall, knowing he has to climb up there. The young brunette got off the horse carefully, petting it's back. "Well, you stay here, alright?" He asked, realizing he's talking to a white horse. Although, the stallion replied to him, otherwise.
Logan glanced back up the waterfall and it's wall rock. He took out his white gloves and walked around the small lake. Logan took a deep breath and climbed the few steps of the rocks. Carefully, he made up half the way, not looking down, or anywhere at all.
Once he reached the top of the waterfall, the Greek turned to faced the forest, quickly and quietly making his way inside it.

Before moving on, Evelyn looked around to make sure there were no guards.
She had doubts about the princess being here, but it was obvious she had to be of there were guards.
There was only one, which had Evelyn think maybe something else, less important was in there.
Eve quickly went up to the door and looked at the lock. It seemed easy to pick, which is exactly what she did.
It took a couple times, but eventually eve got the door opened and she was walking up the stairs.
She heard a voice, as though it was ranting to themselves. It had to be the princess.

(I'm on mobile, I hope that's not too little)

As Logan walked through the forest, spotted animals around the forest, smiling slightly at them as they ran off. Once the young Greek arrived in the opening of the forest where only Tathariel appeared when needed. Logan walked into the opening, calling out the Earth witch. "Tathariel! Please come out!" He yelled, looking the surroundings of the space. No sign of the Earth witch. Logan frowned as he called out again, and walked around for any sign of Tathariel.

(It's alright, I always on my mobile.)

Evelyn ran all the way up to the top of the tower.
By the time she made it, she was out of breath and had to remove the mask over the lower half of her face to breath easier.
After about a minute, she put it back on so the princess didn't see her face. There was no problem with it, but it was obvious Eve can be secretive towards outsiders, even if they're as famous as the princess.
"Who are?" The princess asked as Evelyn came through the door at the top of the stairs.

It been a couple of minutes since Logan called out to the Earth witch, but there was still no sign of her. The brunette sat down on the ground, legs crossed as he sighed loudly. "God... where could she be?" He asked, more to himself.
Logan glanced at the streaming water, thinking of a way to connect to the witch. As he was looking away, he felt a cold breath on his neck, causing a shiver to run down his spine.
The Greek took a deep breath and slowly turning his head towards the breath. Once he did, the Earth witch was right in front of him, kneeled right beside him. Logan looked away from her, a rosy red color dusting his cheeks. The both of them state quiet, not even sure what to say to each other.

"I'm the one who's about to get you out of this tower," Evelyn said sarcastically. Her voice was muffled through the mask, and more than half her face was covered.
The princess looked a mess. There was no baths in the tower, and no change of clothes. The only thing that was there to help her survival was preserved foods.
"How do I know you're not working for him? You're probably here to take me to him so then I could help with his evil plans," the princess accused.
Evelyn rolled her eyes. "No, I'm here to take you to him to help me get rid of him."
"No...I'm not going anywhere near him," the princess backed away, scared. Eve was glad that she believed her, and didn't even seem upset that the princess refused to help. "I need information. Either help me, or I keep you locked here. Your call." Evelyn crossed her arms and leaned against the wall, waiting as though she had all the time in the world.
The princess bit her lip, debating in her mind. Evelyn raised her eyebrow, causing the princess to start talking. "Alright, fine, I'll help you."
"That's what I like to hear. Lets go." And with that said, the two made their way down the tower.

Logan swallowed and stood up as he turned to the Earth witch. He gave her a smile,"Hello there, Tathariel..." He said, the witch giving him a curious look. Nobody ever came to the forest no more ever since the dark knight took over the kingdom. Logan was the first one to enter the Garland forest. "I want to seek information on the witch that disappeared long ago. So, do you have anything about her appearance anywhere?" He asked, smiling slightly. Tathariel gave a thoughtful look as she stared at the Greek, then shook her head.
Logan frowned slightly," Oh... Is there anywhere to look for her?" He asked once again. Tathariel nodded her head, causing Logan to brightened up a bit. "Really!? Where?" He questioned.
Tathariel stood up, up to the Greek's chest. "To a apocalypse place." She stated before disappearing in tin air.
Logan glanced around the opening for any sign of her, then took in the information and began to climbed down the waterfall, ready to meet up with his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.