The Kingdom of Ice and Snek

M

Mason Moretti

Original poster
Our story begins in a budding kingdom led by a dazzlingly beautiful and courageous lamias. The kingdom was making its first strides towards building its infrastructure. Roads and railways were being laid, cell phone towers and internet lines were being built, and the kingdom was on that very day branching out to other nations.

As a sign of goodwill, the neighboring country of Arrow sent over an ambassador: a not-quite-as-dazzling harpy named Daisy. She was a bit of a klutz, but by some miracle she had flown, (with her own two wings,) to the home of the fearless lamia. She wore white clothing similar to a gymnast's leotard, but adjusted to accommodate her canary yellow wings. She also had a string of pearls around her neck, signifying her importance within her country.

She looked very prim and proper by harpy standards, and perfectly ready to meet a queen as she rapped on the door with her talons.

If only she hadn't arrived in this kingdom a day earlier than announced.
@IceQueen

Kora was the queen of the land, also know as the IceQueen mostly based on the coloring of her scales. She was pale and long limbed, her blue white hair drawn back in a shabby ponytail as she did most days when she was off duty. O contraire to the images posted of the queen around town she was as lax as most could get. Snarky, unpredictable, and never afraid to speak her mind.

Kora was mingling around the front hall when she head rapping on the door. Slithering over in her lithe blue and white scaled body the woman opened the door only to be greeted by a very proper harpy. Kora had a bowl of cereal in hand and a large top loosely draped over her. She continued chewing as her tail extended in greeting. "Sup."

Daisy was a little shocked to see the queen in such a lax state. As far as she knew, lamias were a dangerous and sneaky bunch. Despite the prejudices, she agreed to go, and decided that it would be best to give the queen a chance.

"Excuse me," she said with a quiver in her voice, "is this Queen Kora's residence? I'm the ambassador from Arrow Kingdom. Is this... A bad time?"

Kora looked at the Harpy and nodded. "If you wanted a formal greeting you should have come on the right day. Guess I get to skip that now." She said, using her tail to spoon herself more cereal. "I'm the queen, you can just call me Kora. And I really don't do much so just, do whatever you want but don't break shit or I'll freeze you." She mumbled.

Daisy suddenly broke into a cold sweat. "I... I would never break anything, I swear..." her heart rate rose as she began recalling all the times in the past in which her Klutzy nature caused her to break some valuable object. "Could I please come in? And maybe get that delicious looking cereal?"

Kora looked back at the Harpy and shrugged. "Sure, whatever is fine." She mumbled, easily sliding along the floor with her massive tail. The scales seemed to glitter in the light from the windows as Kora slithered along. "Kitchen is to the left." She called out pointing with her tail towards the small kitchen door.

The harpy reached up with a clawed talon foot and carefully opened the kitchen door. As she walked inside, she left the door open and spoke loud enough for the lamia to hear. She said, "So, I was wondering if you would be willing to do trade with my homeland. We would be very excited if you chose to do so."

As she talked, Daisy reached as high as she could to grab a box of Lucky Charms cereal, (made by real leprechauns,) but unfortunately the box remained out of reach. She began flapping her wings slowly to get an extra boost in reach. However, the resulting rush of wind made the nearby bowls, plates and silverware begin to rattle and shake. Disaster was imminent.

Kora looked back as she heard crashing. With a groan the lamia went zipping back into the room, leaving a trail of ice crystals behind her. "Let me." She mumbled, grabbing the box with her long tail. "Stop knocking over dishes." She mumbled, placing the cereal down and grabbing a bowl. "And I don't talk about diplomatic affairs on my day off. If you want to do that talk to me tomorrow."

"I yes. I suppose I can just go back to my hotel and wait until you're on duty. I didn't know that you lived in such a small home for a queen. Thank you for the food, though." Daisy held out her wings as if they were hands, despite the clear lack of finger-like appendages.