The Kingdom of Evertrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
{What now, she had to think quickly or be killed, waiting right here while the serpent thrashed around, desperately trying to pull the arrow from its eye is not an option. She would take off running, she couldn't use her own bow sense its broken now so she would have to find something else. She stops at a small pile of gold things, and digs till she finds a small gold dagger. Hell it was better then nothing, so she would snatch it up then head around a pillar. The large water snake would now be searching for her, surely out for blood now that one of its eyes has been damaged. She would pick up a silver chalice and throw it across the room, making the serpent snap around, and allowing her to run and hide behind another pillar. It would slither around, that tongue flicking out trying to taste its way to her.

She would hear the sound of Luka resurfacing, she would peer over and her eyes would light up with glee. She could see the enchanted bow around his neck, as he pulled himself out he would shake what water he could off of him. Then came the stinging pain, of sharp claws against her side. Except its not her side, that's actually being dug into its Luka, she can see the serpents claw lunging out to cut two semi deep cuts into Luka's side. She would gasp in pain, because of their bound souls when one got hurt so did the other. Even though her clothing is not torn, she can feel the warm blood rolling down her side. But there is no time to think, she takes off running as fast as she can, and leaps onto the serpents back bringing the dagger down into the top of its head. It would sheirk and thrash, throwing her off before knocking a whole in the ceiling.

She would crawl over to Luka who huffed softly on the ground, and gently pet him on the head. Her body already has healing properties due to her light abilities, strong healing and force feilds. So her body is already slowly healing, but to really save them from to much blood lose, she would place her hand on his wounds. A soft glow would come from them, and a warm sensation would run over them both. She unfortunatly wasn't strong enough to heal them completely, but enough to stop the blood and make the wounds small not so deep slashes. She would lay down exausted, breathing heavily while Luka panted. Letting them rest, drink some water, and eat a bit of food. She would then point up at the hole.}

"Think you can jump it?"

M"Yea, you have healed us enough im sure i can make it."

{He would nod, she would tell him to rest more if he needed too but could feel his want to get out now. She woudl get on his back and hold tight, he would lunge forward using pillars as leverage. Once outside she would get off, and they would head back out towards were they came from. It would be long when they would find the pier, and her friend who patiently waited for their arrival. She would smile happily, and waved thanked them and climbed abored with Luka ready to set sail back to blue River. An enchanted bow, some kind of magic potion, and two hundred gold seemed like a pretty good find for her. She and Luka would go to the captains quarter, and find a bed to lie down. Both falling asleep quickly from their wonderous adventure.}

(Expedition Completed Cenotaph of Buried Storms)

Diodora was on duty in the Royal Guard. He was currently patrolling the market area of Sapphire city. He was looking at all of the merchants doing business and making sure that it was all legal and that no stealing was happening. He was alone during this patrol, as the Royal Guard does not really patrol the city much. He went over to one merchant that he hadn't seen before and he approached the booth.

May I see your papers?

The merchant handed Diodora the papers back and gave him the tip of his head.

They all check out. Thanks.

He then continued on his patrol, looking around for any signs of trouble. He hoped to one day aspire to be working inside the castle guarding the Queen. HE was well on the way as he was one of the better warriors on the Royal Guard. If any problems arose, he would rush their as quickly as possible. He will help out anyone who needs his assistance as well.

Bailor finished her food and went inside. Her grandmother was still asleep. Her condition was getting to be quite worrisome. The young fox wasnt quite sure what she would do if something happened to her grandmother. Yet, she preferred not to think of it. She knew the old woman didnt have much time left. Usually people in the town would come by and see how she and her grandmother were doing. The talk around town saying that the old woman wouldnt make it much longer made people want to stop by more often. It didn't appear that they had any visitors today, though it was possible that Bailor missed them went she went for her walk.

She still needed to go get groceries so she headed back out. Cublain Village wasn't too far from where we stayed. It was a seemingly pleasurable walk compared to alot of the paths to get to other villages. That was the second reason she never got to travel more. When she reached the village, she headed to the marketplace. She bought one fish, two potatoes, a cabbage, and a loaf of bread. (21g)

She only had 79 gold left which she found quite troublesome. She wasnt making really anything selling the homegrown herbs for her grandmother. She had been looking for someone to take her under their wing as an apprentice, but not too many people seemed very willing to have a fox in the kitchen. Or trust one to sell them things. Other reasonings were belief that she would spread her grandmother's illness-which is quite impossible as everyone knew because it wasnt a contagious disease. It seemed they just simply did not want a "child" working for them. She kept these thought returning to her grandmother.

When she arived home, Bailor put away the food. The thought of working as a potion maker crossed her mind. She was slightly familiar with herbs and could nore than likely pull it off. Of course being only fifteen, she could not run the place by herself. She assumed that when the medic would return, she could possible work with her. It seemed worth a chance trying.

"Are you kidding me?!"

Aros would've laughed at the merchant if it wasn't for the fact that he was trying to con him. The half-elf leaned against the rickety stall's counter top, his right hand gripping the stolen merchandise, and his left hand dangerously close to reaching out and throttling the salesman behind the counter. Off all the times he had come to this man to fence stolen goods, it would be this day that the trinket merchant decided to clean up his act. The man was known as Sampson, but that very well might've been a fake name he used professionally with some of his less savory clientele. Aros had known the man since he first got stranded in Eastway Bluff. Sampson's caravan was hijacked and looted which left him immobile. Nine years later, he ran one of the better fencing operations in the city.

Funny how this city turns honest men into bloody opportunists.

"Look Aros, you're always on about making yourself an honest name, eh? I can't buy this locket at your price. I'm going clean." The large, man incessantly stroked his curly neck-beard as he spoke, his words obvious lies to a trained scoundrel like Aros. Any other thug in town would've put a blade through Sampson for this sort of con, but--like some merchants looking to ruffle his feathers--Aros's desires for a better life were pretty common knowledge. He had a long history with many of the salesmen, and from time to time they would attempt to take advantage of that.

"Sampson. You're trying to steal from me. Everyone knows the common rate for a locket like this is 30 gold pieces. I'm not selling it for 15. Here's the compromise! I'll help you rebuild your stall as 'payment' for the extra 15 you're going to throw in to cut it even." Sampson looked momentarily confused by this offer, as his stall was in pretty good shape as it was.

"Aros I haven't any worries with my stall, but good on you boy for being so willing to do honest work." The fat merchant chuckled, and Aros heard a snigger or two from the people behind him in line. "Anyway, a good honest clerk like meself--"

Just then, Aros delivered a jump-kick to one of the two beams supporting the awning above Sampson's stall. The wood, old and brittle like everything in Eastway Bluff, splintered under the force, sending the large red-and-white striped awning down on top of Sampson's head. Outraged and confused, the merchant blindly lunged over the counter in an attempt to catch the elf, but Aros's hands were more deft: the half-elf snatched the merchant's purse, taking care to only take the 30 he was owed before bolting. He considered keeping the locket to re-sell, but he was trying to put those days behind him, so he left it there instead.

"Don't worry Sampson! I'm great with my hands! I'll be back to help set you up for all your honest business in a couple of days!" Muffled curses and cries from the disgruntled clerk trailed off behind him as he expertly wove through crowds and alleyways until he found himself in the armorer's quarter of the market. Indeed, the ashen smithies were the toughest, meanest sort: few ever got away with their lives for trying to steal from them--a lesson Aros learned a long time ago.

He didn't know any by name: he was never quite rich enough to purchase their wares before. That was all about to change. With 130 gold in his pocket, he approached a six and a half foot tall beast of a man, whose blackened beard was braided and embossed with strands of thin gold and silver. A fashion choice perhaps exclusive to those of the smith's guild.

"I need a sabre. Steel. I know the common market's value is 70 gold, and I hear you men are of the honest sort. I don't suppose you're going to try and con me today as well, are you?" The man simply stared at Aros for a couple moments, his rippling muscles sheen with sweat and grime. After looking the dark-elf half breed over, he motioned for him to follow. In the back, sets of weapons hung from the wall, and one steel sabre caught the boy's eye. A brilliant piece of craftsmanship, with and unusual mahogany handle. That fit his style excellently.

Down 70 gold, the elf pushed through the crowd until he found an armorer of the same sort. The elf couldn't help but wonder how they all managed to look the same. The only real difference was that this one appeared to have copper and tin woven into his beard hairs.

"So is this like a class system or..." The armorer didn't get the joke. He raised his hammer in warning, probably expecting to be robbed, although Aros doubted he had ever been before.

"WOAH! No! I'm here for a chain chest-plate. I hear you sort make them? I have 60 gold left here and I know the common pricing." It was always good to tell an Eastbluff merchant you knew the common pricing, or else they might consider you ripe for conning. The armorer performed much the same way as the first, and soon Aros was in a back alley, pulling the chain chest piece over his head, and pulling his sabre's sheath across his back. IT was about to start: his adventure of a lifetime started today at last. The elf was about to leave the alley, when a familiar--and almost feline--landing took place in front of him.

"So it's happening, huh? You're all decked out in rich-man's gear so you think that makes you ready for this?" Carla's tone was one of irritation, and yet also concern. None of the kids that grew up in that city had ever left. Either they joined gangs, started peddling wares, or ended up a professional theif or assassin.

"C'mon Carla! Be happy for your big brother and his new digs! Imagine all the monsters I'll be vanquishing in dungeons across the country, and be jealous." Aros grinned, but averted his eyes so that he wouldn't have to meet her gaze. Too late: Carla saw his uncertainty about as clear as day.

"This city is hardly safe, but you are equipped to survive here. You're a thief, Aros. Stay a thief. It pays and you live longer!" A moment of silence ensued, and even Aros's smile faltered. They were as close as siblings, but life had driven them to separate paths. Aros seemed to Carla indomitable: never had the cruelty of their situation dampened his spirit the way it crushed hers, and that was enough to force them apart. Secretly, she knew that if he left--if he realized what she and everyone else always considered nothing more than a pipe dream--he wouldn't have to come back.

No. He won't come back to this life at all.

"I need to do this." Aros's voice became uncharacteristically desperate in tone. His eyes met her's and she realized that there wasn't anything she could say. "Carla. Eastway is as close a home as I've got. I promise I'll come back some day but... I just can't let this dream die. Too many already have here." She couldn't argue with that. Suddenly, she jumped forward, embracing Aros perhaps for the last time. "Goodbye, kid. May we meet again." The two wordlessly separated, both going their own ways. Aros was sad he hadn't the time to find Jagger, but he trusted Carla to get his word across.

As he crossed through the square, he felt the eyes of former associates, known thieves, fences, guards he had run into before, and old enemies on his back. His dreams weren't a secret, and to those that knew him, he had at last a silent victory.

Four Hours Later

The evening wind coming off of the bluff whistled behind him, as he landed at the base of the cliffs. Forest, the likes of which he hadn't seen in ages, surrounded him, but just down a ways he saw it: the stony path he took lead to the edge of the Gorge of Confusion. Pressing onward, he took up a light sprint. Eager beyond belief, and adrenalized by the notion of going on adventure, time seemed to fade into the background. He ran alongside the stream until he could feel the ground on either side of him growing higher and higher. Soon, he could feel an unnatural vertigo as well, distorting his sense of balance and place.

Well, this must be it.

"Alright 'Gorge of Confusion' lets see what you've got." With that, the half-dark elf moved silently along the banks, following the sound of a rushing waterfall in the distance. He had heard from passing merchants of an old, ruined structure at the base of the falls. Some claimed the vertigo and general feeling of confusion was a result of whatever lay atop the old, weathered tower.

He intended to find out.

<Expedition Begins>

Veffelheim stepped out of the pub with confidence in finding someone who would have the information needed in order to take on the role of a hunter. So he thought the best place to look first would obviously be the local market, and so he went off towards the direct he remembered the market to be. Eventually after about thirty minutes or so later he arrived at the destination he intended to be at. "Ah, such fresh food. This I like!" he said to himself in such a hardy tone that people around even noticed, he then proceeded to search around the market and in a first attempt he ended up a food stand with a peculiar old lady manning the stand. She looked to of been at least around the age of eighty or so, and from where Veffelheim came from elders were to be treated with the utmost respect. As he walked up to the old women he smiled, she did not know what to think and she even came off as a bit frightened when Veff approached her food stand. Fearing the worst she scarcely asked if she could help him with anything, Veffelheim nodded "if it may not bother you, can I ask how one would become a hunter in this town?" he asked the women. She quickly sighed with relief and immediately became more relaxed, "well that job is a more self proclaimed occupation I would assume, and there are many shops like mine around that need someone like a hunter or a fisherman to keep a steady income of food and other supplies to sell" the old women informed Veffelheim. Veff rubbed his chin in thought and before he could reply to the women she quickly cut him off "now I'd be willing to hire you seeing as I need an extra hand around here, plus you said you were looking for a job as a hunter right?" she quickly asked Veffelheim. "Yes." he answered her "Well I'll tell ya what, if you could do me a favor seeing as you look like a pretty capable guy with all the animal fur and such, if you could deal with a few trouble makers that have been harassing me and my husband I'd be more than happy to hire you. So what-ya say?" it did not take Veff even a second to answer back to the old women "you want them dead or alive?" he asked with a casual tone. "It doesn't matter to me there're a nuisance to the entire town." the old women said hastily, and then Veffelheim chuckled "of course! you have a deal ma'am!" he said as he extended his hand out for a handshake. The old women then extends hers and accepts the handshake confirming the deal "now they're about four of them, and they all have weapons mostly just weakly looking swords so be careful" the old women says to Veffelheim to inform him on his quest. "And if I do this you'll hire me as a hunter right?" Veffelheim asked the old women to reassure himself that he wasn't being played. The women quickly answered with "of course now go, they're just south of the town just on the other side of the massive lake. There you should find an old run down cottage, they raided that. I don't care how you get rid of them, but I want them gone" she told Veff and before she saw him out she also informed him of her name "oh and my names Gertrude just to put that on the record, and good luck!" she yelled to him as he wondered off to find the bandits.

HWDGS21.png

Annoyance.

This thought can be seen flickering upon the well dressed man. His yellow green eyes are void of this emotion or any other, simply staring out as the rest of his face twists briefly, before regaining his composure.

The cause for such a reaction was simply being bumped into, which is not a rare event in the markets of Sapphire City. While not as vast as the greater trade cities, it is still certainly grand and large, holding a large variety of items, if not in quantity.

Aias is dressed in his casual wear as he mostly is. The thoughts of his other position does not bother him for now.

Today, he is the son of Sir Caled Fwuoch and Rhea Fwouch. His war hero father sent him for shopping. He could have easily sent a servant from his entourage or even ask his wife, but because Aias was the closest person, he was selected. Walking from the estate, a good distance from the capital but not far to where escaping there is impossible. His father had planned for an attack, if anything.

Aias begrudgingly carries the black leather purse in his left hand, clutched firmly in his strong fingers. He could have easily made a few ladies swoon if he wanted to, the obvious purse in his hands not hurting either. It would probably hurt if a thief decided to snatch, though. Currently, he has bought absolutely nothing, walking towards the food section of the market for a few pounds of meat. These pounds has has to carry also.

Of course. Duty is duty, no matter if a son or an assassin.​

Aros had been walking for an hour in the deep gorge, attempting to stay near the river, but was often forced to diverge from his path by large crags and boulders that had obviously fallen into the gorge over many centuries past. Occasionally, the obstruction would be a moss-laden pillar, or arch that might've once been a brilliant marble structure but had long since fallen into disarray. Once, along his journey, he happened upon an unusually large wall that remained almost untouched but for a curtain of ivy and layer of silt at its base. The wall yet retained a few shards of what seemed like colored glass embedded into it, as well as some engraved text that Aros recognized as old-elvish.

Might he have grown up in a proper dark-elf household with whichever one of his parents were of that lineage, he would've been keen on deciphering it, but instead his knowledge was limited to that of the common tongue, and standard elvish as it had been for some time. The words interested him less than a crude depiction of some sort of giant standing above several kneeling servants.

The heiroglyph was remarkably well-preserved and as he looked it over he began to realize that the giant was a female elf, with some sort of regal head-piece that accentuated her ears. He had once read of old elvish-jewellery that seemed to have a fascination with ear ornaments, but he never realized what the practicality in that was.

Nontheless, the ruin was embedded well into the right-most cliff-side, and provided some shelter from above as it was partially built under the ravine wall. A light rain began just outside the overhang that he had taken shelter in, adding to the eerie mist that seemed to float around the edges of the gorge. Strangely enough, he had seen little in the way of wildlife--in fact, none at all. As somewhat of a city boy, he didn't know what to think of it, but he doubted it meant there was much good to come.

As he began to grow bored with his rest, a single light caught his eye just a couple hundred feet ahead on the river bank. From where he sat, it looked like a campfire.

Interesting...

Aros drew his sabre, and stealthily moved through the shrubbery towards the light.

HWDGS21.png

Aias wanders his way towards his destination, not stopping at the various wares he sees. It is not a lack of interest that forces him to do such a thing, but the belief in not needing so many worldly items. Of course, this does not stop Aias from having nice clothes and a few other nifty things. He's not trying to be a saint, but being overburdened isn't his style. It's also pretty annoying to have all that stuff.

Regardless, he made it to the section of the market he wanted to. The food, produce, things you eat whatever, is found here. The smells can almost be visible, tapering trails of color that identify the scent and the food. Pink for pork and candy, red for apples and cherries, green for green apples and grapes. An interesting lad, if anything.

Aias still buys nothing. He doesn't feel like it, just enjoying the sights ( smells, really ) and feeding his curious mind. The neglect of his task does not bother him, the neglect or rather the lack of more serious matters disappoint and somewhat anger him. Aias does not relish the job he does, but the fact that he managed this far. That he can do it all. It doesn't matter about what he actually does but rather that he can.

There is no attempt, only do. There is no life, only loyalty. There is no murder, only duty. Serve to live, live to serve. Kill to not kill, but to protect. There is no thought, only the act.

His meager thoughts are somehow overshadowed by this single minded refining, the words forever constant on his head even at this moment.

For now, he can't blame his employer. A sick man doesn't need to focus on the dirty tasks, for his very life at that moment is a fight.

Though, something, anything to do, even more, to serve forever eats at him. Not a thought forced in, but born from his own intentions. For now, he can at least worry over their health. That will be something, to him. Doing that small thing avoids the need to come rushing back, forget buying anything and do what he was trained, made to do.

Diadora is standing in the marketplace, watching all the people go about their business. The hustle and bustle as it is called. So far, nothing has caught his eye. He sees Aias, but of course, has no reason to suspect him of anything. He just glances over him and then glances over the next person. No difference really.

Nothing interesting is happening here today. Normally I would need to settle a disputed or something. I guess I should head back to the castle for the next mission briefing.

Diadora begins to walk towards the castle, back through the crowded marketplace. Catching weary glances from people as his Royal Guard armor stands out. It's not often a member of the royal guard is out on patrol like this. He smiles and nods at some of the patrons as he slowly makes his way through the marketplace.

Hello~ Hi~ Have a nice day~

Some of the typical greeting he shares with citizens. Some acknowledge him. Some whisper about him. He is not famous by any means, but a warrior of his stature, skill, and size does not go unheeded.

Allora

Allora spotted the man's royal armor as he walked down the street and stared openly. She had been in the castle working when she had gotten bored and snuck out, thinking that there was no way anyone would recognise her. Well, the illusion of safety had been shattered the moment she saw the royal guard armor. While she was wearing a cloak and hood, it would just make her stand out all the more. She knew most of the royal guards well, and she was the only servant who was known by most of the royal guard, and wore a cloak. Growing up in a castle had both perks and downfalls, and this happened to be one of them. Right now she was supposed to be in the guard barracks, cleaning, however she had skipped this to go and steal a honeybun from a local bakery instead. Her sweet tooth and her skin would happen to be her downfall on this day if that guard recognised her, as it was known throughout the castle that Allora did not purchase things from the merchant class, as she despised them, and because her cloak was colored a brilliant emerald green, the only actual piece of cloth that she cherished, simply because it had been a gift from the queen for working so hard as a servant in the castle. Realizing that there was no where to hide simply because the crowd had parted so the guard could make his way through, and because she was in the center of his path, Allora dropped her honey bun and turned away, pulling her cowl around her face and hoping not to be noticed.

Diadora looked up as the girl turned. He knew that cloak. He saw the honeybun on the ground near her and knew what she was up to.

Allora. Stop!

He said in a thunderous and commanding voice. He walked over and picked up the honeybun. The crowd was looking at the interaction. He then turned to the crowd.

Please continue about your business.

With the command the people began to quickly scurry away. Diadora waited for the servant girl to turn around.

HWDGS21.png

Aias offered this figure in royal armor the briefest of glances. He knew that he was uninteresting from just appearance alone. Closer study may render a different opinion that may say this, but only his status and his position truly wrought any interest in him. Rather, it he that approaches and asks. It is purely curiosity that may drive him to do so, though his intentions may not be so innocent to those that he inquires to.

Of course, the sudden noise of a voice, robust and obviously one of command, even if not in rank, then in personality. The fly of rumors do not help either, as well as the split crowd a distance away. His trained senses, if not his intuition, note of the event.

Aias leisurely walks, though his pace is noticed to be slightly fast, even hurried. This curiosity drives him, as it does many times.

He manages to break through the crowd, halting before he completely goes into the open path that was made. His pale eyes stare at this situation, the guard and the petite figure.

The sudden breaking of the crowd after the man speaks brings even more thought. He does not immediately leave, instead slowly wandering away. He ducks away into an empty stand, only his pale eyes and face visible through the many cloths that decorate the unmanned stand.

Something, though minor, might happen at all.​

Allora

Allora quietly halted her movements, then removed the cowl of the cloak, turning to face Diadora, and revealing her ears, and pale skin. A look of resignation was on her face. She had been stupid, not quiet enough, not sneaky enough. Diadora was one of the few royal guards whom she admired. She wanted to one day become a royal guard like him, a goal of hers, unfortunately her bones and skin had done quite the number on that dream, and Allora had been reduced to practicing fighting with swords in private, away from those whom would laugh at her dream. The removal of the cowl was a respectful movement, something she had been taught to do when faced with her superiors. To leave the cowl on was a sign of disrespect, and she should leave it removed until the superior in question told her it was alright to replace it, even if it meant a terrible sunburn was the consequence. So she stood, head down, looking at her toes.

The ex-knight's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Ah yes, I see," He replied. "Thank you, good sir." He nodded politely in the guard's direction, then proceeded through the gates. Leander breathed in the castle air, enjoying the familiar atmosphere of protective walls. This was the kind of environment he thrived in, and his heart ached for home. He had to remind himself that this place was home, now. With that in mind, Lee cleared his throat and set his shoulders back.

As he approached the front doors, a pair of guards nodded to him and opened them wide. Just like the guard at the gates had told him, there was a second door directly in front of the first pair. Hallways spanned in either direction to the left and right. They probably led to servants' quarters, kitchens, and the dining hall. He could only speculate, of course, since no two castles were the same.

As Lee approached the second door, he noticed that it was guarded by no one. It surprised him that he'd so quickly gotten an audience with the queen, even when that hadn't been his original request. Again, the people here astonished him. There was so much more trust in Sapphire City than in Glymn City. Leander wondered if that trust was courageous... or foolish.

He dismissed the thoughts from his mind, shifting his feet on the stone floor. With a firm knock on the door, he waited politely, hands folded behind his back just as he'd been taught when he was young. Leander stared at the etched patterns in the wooden door, bracing himself to meet the queen of Sapphire City.
((OOC note: @L'Hibou I've edited my post that was before this so I can have Clarice interact with Leander, since I don't want to leave you waiting too long and I'm noticing more and more people in Sapphire City who will likely soon be wanting audience with the Queen :) ))

Clarice looked up as she heard a knock at the large doors of the throne room. It was almost instant, and she couldn't help but to be amused. She'd only just arrived, and already there were those who wished to speak with her. It was still early in the day, so her guess was that it was an advisor come to ask her something else. She still had the stack of papers in her hands to review, but that could wait; she delicately placed them on the small wooden end table that sat beside her throne - there was one beside each throne for the personal use of the King and Queen while they held audiences - and quickly moved to sit in the comfortable seat. She straightened her back and put on her best smile, wanting to look as regal as she could - until she married Phillippe, after all, she had been nothing more than a commoner in the mountains, and she was very fortunate to be in a position such as this one.

"You may enter," she called out in a voice that was gentle and warm, yet still loud enough for the person outside to hear her through the heavy wooden door. She was curious as to who would enter. Perhaps an advisor with more papers to review or a petition for her to sign, perhaps a guard wishing to seek out her verdict on the actions of some miscreant, perhaps a visiting dignitary come to announce their arrival - the possibilities were endless. She lifted one pale hand and gently tucked a loose lock of black hair back behind her ear. As much as she wished to do her own hair in the mornings, she wasn't very good at it, and though it looked pretty, it was always quick to fall apart. The servants were far more skilled than she was, having spent years creating extravagant hairstyles for Aurélie and her mother - Clarice had seen the paintings and portraits of her husband's late first wife, and her hair was always exquisite and extravagant. Such styles weren't to Clarice's tastes, however, much to the relief of the servants who helped her when she requested it.

Diadora stepped till he was right in front of Allora and held out the honeybun. He looked at her and then smiled. When she held out her hand, he would give her the honeybun. He spoke to her normally after putting a friendly hand in her soldier.

Allora, you shouldn't litter like that. Nor should you be stealing.

He leaned in closer and then spoke in a lower voice.

If you wanted a honeybun, just let me know. I understand that you don't like merchants, but you shouldn't steal. They will give me something if I ask for it, free of charge. So we get to the same end. Sticking it to the man. Are you supposed to be on duty today?

He spoke kindly, yet firmly to the girl.

Allora

Allora quietly took the honeybun, then looked up when he told her that she didn't have to steal, and while that was true.... she just enjoyed stealing she guessed, a sort of thrill to it. Not that she wouldn't take the guard up on his offer now. Though instead of replying to his inquiry about her duties, she decided to try and shift the conversation way from the subject, after all, the last guard who had caught her out and about when she was supposed to be working had drug her to the queen, and the queen had sent her to the head servant, whom had given her a terrible scolding.

"Yeah, sure fine, I won't steal from merchants anymore. Can I put my hood back up now, you as one of the guards should know what will happen if it's not up."

He smiled at her and withdrew his hand from her shoulder. He had no intention of turning her into the Queen. He knew her well enough and even considered her a friend. Though he did need to escort her back to the castle. She didn't answer the question of whether or not she was on duty, so to Diadora that meant, of course, that she was on duty and skirting her duties.

Yes, you can put your hood up. Allora, I won't turn you into the queen or head servant. I will, however, need to escort you back to the castle as you are supposed to be on duty right now. After we get you another honeybun, of course. You should be more careful. Some of the other guards may not be so kind and you may be in real trouble. You should know better, to at least not get caught. Now lets get that honeybun and get back. I need to address the queen with my report of the patrol.

He placed his hand out for her to hold as they went off to the merchant for the honeybun. Not for for any reason of affection, but because he didn't want her to try and run off as it would be difficult and require a lot of effort to catch her if she did so in this crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allora

Allora sighed. She didn't particularly want to return to the castle at all. In fact, she resolved to make certain that she didn't, after she got the honeybun of course. She enjoyed the hospitality the Diadora was displaying, but she didn't consider anyone her friend, even if he did consider her one, though she did not know this. She sighed and took his hand, ignoring the stares from the crowd. It certainly would have been worse if he had guided her through the crowd in shackles like some of the less trusting guards would have done. With her free hand though she pulled the hood into place, concealing her elvish face and ears, and the almost unnatural beauty and her pale skin with it.

AS they approached the merchant who was selling the honey buns, Diadora took on a more intimidating role. He lifted his head and looked down into the Merchant's eyes. With an air of intimidation, yet one of kindness he asked the Merchant for a honeybun.

May I please have a honeybun.

The Merchant nodded his head and handed it to Diadora. He smiled and nodded to the merchant. Before replying with a thank you.

Thank You.

Then he began to Usher Allora with him as they slowly began to walk back towards the castle. He handed her the honeybun that was just given to him. Then he decided to ask Allora a question that he had been thinking about.

Hey, Allora. You want to be apart of the Royal Guard, do you not?

Allora

Allora was about to dart away, newly given honeybun in hand, in order to skirt her duties, when Diadora spoke aloud, asking her a question.

"Hey Allora, you want to be apart of the royal guard, do you not?"

Allora nodded in response, hoping that the man would not just laugh at her. It had been one of her dreams since she had been a little girl, but wearing the armor had worn her out physically, and her bones had been found to be quite fragile, thus she had been dismissed as a canidate for this option.

"Yeah, what of it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.