The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I did THAT of a great job for my first post but I promise it will only get better from there. :D

Also, if of any interest, I've got a quest posted, that your character can join me on.

Might be more than interested, perhaps we can have them join. I sent him to the castle so now, he will see what will go with that.

Hello all ^.^ It seemed like eastway needed a small child that enjoys murdering peoples.

tumblr_nu1yviHSxs1rwxe9vo3_540.jpg

Name:
"Miniel Phoenix"
Though her name is pronounced Min-yell many have nicknamed her 'Mini' due to her stature.

Around seven-hundred, however she appears to be around fifteen.

DOB:
"October."
October 28.

Species:
"I'm the apostle of Ubris, known to most who worship him as the god of death."
Apostle/Human

Orientation:
"I don't have any preferences..."
Bisexual

Home city:
"Eastway bluff is where my home resides."

Physical description:
"Would it not be easier for you to describe how I look? I mean, you are the one looking at me, and I see no mirror."
Miniel is short, standing at five feet and a quarter of an inch with heels. Her build is considered to be dainty, not having much muscle or mass in general. Her hair is midnight black, straight, and goes down to her waist. Her skin is extremely pale, and her lips a luscious pink. Her outfit is that of a 'gothic lollita' style, of black and red colors, and it is not uncommon for her dress to have the occasional *coughs*frequent*coughs* blood stains.

Personality traits:
"I'd like to think that I'm your average everyday girl personality-wise...please ignore the blood."
Miniel may be seen as 'insane' as some, having the occasional murderous tendencies. However, this is mostly because of her nature as an apostle to the god of death. She does not believe that murder is a sin, unless you lie about the reasoning behind it, like for example, if one were to murder for money and claim it was self defense she would see it as a sin, but if they admitted it was for the money it would not be. Besides this she is a very cheery girl, and very little can bring her down, even in the midst of combat she will most likely be seen with a smile and/or laughing.

History/bio:
"By time I told you half my history you'd have died of old age."
Mini was born in a foreign kingdom, but moved to Evertrue when she was fourteen, she always felt out of place. One day she was visiting a shrine of one of many gods, and here she felt more at peace. She came back everyday, enjoying the company of the shrine-maidens and priestess's. After about a year of this routine, Mini saw some thieves leaving the temple with some valuable treasures, and took it upon herself to try and stop them. Grabbing an axe from the wall of the temple she chased the thieves down and slaughtered them with ease. With the rush of adrenaline running through her she lost control of herself and also slaughtered those at the shrine. Pleased with her work, the god of death made her his apostle. She then traveled around Evertrue learning what it meant to be an apostle, and slaughtering many who deserved it along the way, before settling down in Eastway Bluff.

Skills/abilities:

Speed~ Even while holding her large battle-axe Mini is able to move at a fast speed, while it's not supernatural, one would claim it to be with the weight of her weapon.

Strength~ Mini possesses a special strength that allows her to lift her axe. This strength does not extend to other objects, but it doesn't need to, as few can resist the relentless blows from her weapon.

Immortality~ She is not immortal in the sense that she can not die, but rather that she stopped aging when she was made an apostle.

Durability~ While not invincible, Mini can take far more punishment in combat than the average mortal, a gift from Ubris.

Preferred weapon:
Ragnorak~ A fabled battle axe said to be 'of the gods', few can lift this mighty weapon, however other than that and it's unbreakable materials there's nothing special about it.

Notable features:
~ Small child wielding large axe.....hard to miss this fact.
~ If paying close enough attention, there is likely blood on her somewhere from her last 'victim'.

Other:
~Before being made an apostle, mini was your average, everyday human girl.
~Character is based off of Ruby Mercury from an anime called Gate(It's actually a lot longer title, but I can't remember the entire thing.)
~I do not know who is modeling the cosplay, as my browser crashed and I lost the page where I had got the image x.x
~Ignore this but: I noticed kirito and asuna(though they're blurry) in the background after about an hour of staring at this picture. so. *fangirls*

Hello all ^.^ It seemed like eastway needed a small child that enjoys murdering peoples.

tumblr_nu1yviHSxs1rwxe9vo3_540.jpg

Name:
"Miniel Phoenix"
Though her name is pronounced Min-yell many have nicknamed her 'Mini' due to her stature.

Around seven-hundred, however she appears to be around fifteen.

DOB:
"October."
October 28.

Species:
"I'm the apostle of Ubris, known to most who worship him as the god of death."
Apostle/Human

Orientation:
"I don't have any preferences..."
Bisexual

Home city:
"Eastway bluff is where my home resides."

Physical description:
"Would it not be easier for you to describe how I look? I mean, you are the one looking at me, and I see no mirror."
Miniel is short, standing at five feet and a quarter of an inch with heels. Her build is considered to be dainty, not having much muscle or mass in general. Her hair is midnight black, straight, and goes down to her waist. Her skin is extremely pale, and her lips a luscious pink. Her outfit is that of a 'gothic lollita' style, of black and red colors, and it is not uncommon for her dress to have the occasional *coughs*frequent*coughs* blood stains.

Personality traits:
"I'd like to think that I'm your average everyday girl personality-wise...please ignore the blood."
Miniel may be seen as 'insane' as some, having the occasional murderous tendencies. However, this is mostly because of her nature as an apostle to the god of death. She does not believe that murder is a sin, unless you lie about the reasoning behind it, like for example, if one were to murder for money and claim it was self defense she would see it as a sin, but if they admitted it was for the money it would not be. Besides this she is a very cheery girl, and very little can bring her down, even in the midst of combat she will most likely be seen with a smile and/or laughing.

History/bio:
"By time I told you half my history you'd have died of old age."
Mini was born in a foreign kingdom, but moved to Evertrue when she was fourteen, she always felt out of place. One day she was visiting a shrine of one of many gods, and here she felt more at peace. She came back everyday, enjoying the company of the shrine-maidens and priestess's. After about a year of this routine, Mini saw some thieves leaving the temple with some valuable treasures, and took it upon herself to try and stop them. Grabbing an axe from the wall of the temple she chased the thieves down and slaughtered them with ease. With the rush of adrenaline running through her she lost control of herself and also slaughtered those at the shrine. Pleased with her work, the god of death made her his apostle. She then traveled around Evertrue learning what it meant to be an apostle, and slaughtering many who deserved it along the way, before settling down in Eastway Bluff.

Skills/abilities:

Speed~ Even while holding her large battle-axe Mini is able to move at a fast speed, while it's not supernatural, one would claim it to be with the weight of her weapon.

Strength~ Mini possesses a special strength that allows her to lift her axe. This strength does not extend to other objects, but it doesn't need to, as few can resist the relentless blows from her weapon.

Immortality~ She is not immortal in the sense that she can not die, but rather that she stopped aging when she was made an apostle.

Durability~ While not invincible, Mini can take far more punishment in combat than the average mortal, a gift from Ubris.

Preferred weapon:
Ragnorak~ A fabled battle axe said to be 'of the gods', few can lift this mighty weapon, however other than that and it's unbreakable materials there's nothing special about it.

Notable features:
~ Small child wielding large axe.....hard to miss this fact.
~ If paying close enough attention, there is likely blood on her somewhere from her last 'victim'.

Other:
~Before being made an apostle, mini was your average, everyday human girl.
~Character is based off of Ruby Mercury from an anime called Gate(It's actually a lot longer title, but I can't remember the entire thing.)
~I do not know who is modeling the cosplay, as my browser crashed and I lost the page where I had got the image x.x
~Ignore this but: I noticed kirito and asuna(though they're blurry) in the background after about an hour of staring at this picture. so. *fangirls*
She's cute. Funny part is I have Kirito & Asuna in my Profile Picture.

Name: Valencyr Luke (Valen)
DoB: 2/22
Species: Human
Orientation: Straight
Home City: Avarell
Physical Description:
Valen Luke.jpg 5'11 180 lbs.

Personality Traits: Valen is very forgetful and also very undependable. Rarely will he go out of his way for someone else if he perceives that it has no benefit to him or is a waste of time. However, he is known to have spades of generosity and is more of a cynic than uncaring. He is very stubborn and will just as often refuse sound advice as heed it. He is very charming, intelligent and talented so he does have his redeeming moments. Although his charisma is more of the quiet type than life of the party. He is overly honest to the point where he does not care or notice if he offends someone. People often underestimate him due to his reserved and at times aloof nature and he has more than once captured the attention of a room with a display of skill.

History: Valen was raised on the outskirts of a Avarell where he was allowed free reign in his spare time to pursue his interest, which were the lute, writing, outdoor activities and causing mischief. His father and mother were farmers and business owners. Valen is the third, and youngest, of his siblings and has often butted heads with his brother, who is dependable and the head of their family. His brother, who is ten years older, currently resides in Cuban Village, with his family of wife and three daughters, where he has a security business. His sister is a healer in Cobalt Cay where her husband is a fisherman. Valen's parents recently moved to Cuban Village where his father continues to farm and his mother looks after her grandchildren.

In his youth, Valen had a few instances in which he was pursued by local authorities. He moved from his home on the outskirts of Avarell to study at the City of Telia as a young adult. During his tenure he was gifted in school but found academia restless, frequently dreaming of the freedom of his childhood and the open air. In Telia, Valen fell into an unsavory crowd who skimmed the surface of the crime world. While he was not directly involved, he knew more than his acquaintances told him. He returned to his hometown of Avarell after graduating from Telia's University in an effort to "find himself."

Skills: Cooking, stealth, bluff, perform (lute), lock pick, animal empathy (can calm wild beasts), wilderness survival, writing, heightened perception (can recognize when things aren't "just right"), sense motive
Items: Crossbow w 20 bolts (starter weapon), Hunting Dagger (30 gp ala Hatchet), Hatchet (30gp), Leather Boots (20 gp). 20 gp in pocket.

Notable Feautures: Valen has captivating eyes. The iris is surrounded by yellow which gives way to green while being encompassed by a dark blue outer shell. He also has a near perfect smile which he uses (or tries) to diffuse situations. A burn scar encompasses the inside of his bicep and a small tattoo is visible on his right cheekbone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Koene
Both characters are accepted! I'll have them on the list when I get on the computer.

Name: Lord Salas Bertram

DOB: November 10th

Orientation: Heterosexual

Home city: Sapphire City

Physical description:
latest

Generally, Lord Bertram wears a long, white overcoat that is buttoned down the left side of his chest. The fur lining on the inside is as black as night, and is only outwardly visible on the inside of his upturned collar. Otherwise, one may note that each of the brass buttons on his coat are stamped with the seal of house Bertram.

Personality traits:

In company:
Salas Bertram remains one of the most dependable and resourceful nobles in a position of power, and is willing to do the bidding of his superiors both efficiently and eagerly. As a relatively young lord, he also has a generally positive and idealistic approach to how he handles himself socially. Regardless of nationality, race, or creed, every person. Bertram meets will find a receptive and, at times, overly-eager friend. Bertram loves travel as a result of his position in the castle which often demands long and arduous journeys to the different parts of the kingdom. He often hires mercenaries and adventurers to accompany him for protection, despite having been trained in the art of swordplay, as he enjoys the idea of showing common subjects that the nobility are all much the same as them. Although he comes off strong, Bertram does his best in the public eye to appear humble and useful to the people and their queen.

In private:
Bertram's private behavior is remarkable different from his outward personality. Firstly, when amongst his own thoughts, Bertram finds himself scouring and analyzing every person he meets with the intention of determining their motives and weaknesses as quickly as possible. Cold, and calculating, he measures every life by its worth to his goals and ambitions, of which there are many. The term 'dreamer' would be loosely accurate in describing him, as he is maddeningly obsessed with sowing the seeds of malcontent and chaos wherever he can whenever he can. To him, the world is a puppet show that exists purely for his entertainment, and every worthless soul that populates it just a mere mannequin to be directed, and controlled at his will.
In truth, he is incapable of empathy. The notions of self-sacrifice and altruism are completely lost on him--to him, life isn't worth living if you aren't constantly pursuing pleasure, ad as it happens his favorite forms of self-pleasure happen to be wildly illegal. Al the same, he has a brilliant forward-thinking mind, and despite enjoying the fruits of chaos in private, he is not so foolish as to let his desires interfere with his position. For he most part, he works to keep intra-kingdom settlements cooperative and peaceful with one another, although he has been tempted in the past to exert his influence to throw a city or town into disarray so that he could watch and admire from afar. This has yet to happen, but his machinations expand with each passing day.

History/bio: The only son of the Bertram family line, Salas was doomed at birth to bear the weight of a position in court for his noble parents. Even as a young boy, Salas was pushed into learning the finer arts of nobility: he began his studies at age four, and by age six was training in the royal art of swordsmanship, inter-species languages, and alchemy. His parents, despite having a great love for their son, were often absent from his youth, traveling Evertrue to maintain peace between cities. While they told themselves that was the only reason, they also harbored a secret fear of their young and rambunctious son.

Salas's behavior problems began as a boy when he was hardly old enough to walk: at age five, he was found in the family garden bludgeoning stray cats to death with a toy sword. When questioned by his terrified parents, Salas simply explained he was playing hunter, and thought it alrigt since no one would miss the cats anyway. At first, Lord Bertram allowed his son his oddities as he was reluctant to believe there was anything wrong--or anything to be done about it. This began to change when he grew old enough to be present at social functions. Often an instigator of brutal fights, Salas took great pleasure in the thrill of battering other children until he could see them bleed.

This behavior accelerated during his time at the academy, when--despite being a brilliant academic--he found himself yearning for conflict with the other students, often motivated to do well only so that he could flaunt his expertise in the eyes of those he thought to be lesser-minded. It was during this time, that he truly became fascinated with magic, and despite being barred from studying it altogether (for safety purposes) he began to grow tired of wordly pleasures, and instead search for ways to fulfill his desire for power through magic.

When he graduated, his parents were stunned to find their son not only much calmer, but far kinder than he had ever been growing up. His wanton, selfish actions had all but disappeared, and the monster who had left them appeared to have returned reformed in its entirety. Even his father, who had used his position in the kingdom to avoid his cruel son for as long as possible, began to trust him again. In time, Bertram built a network of loyal friends out of the all the people that had once avoided him on sight, and portrayed himself as a newly-religious, more mature individual suited to his family's legacy.

In truth, what Bertram found in the halls of the University was precisely what he had set out to find. After practicing amateur dark arts for several years, he successfully summoned a demonic shade. Whether by willpower, training, or inherent magical talent, he managed to dominate the creature's soul with his own, and establish a blood pact of his own: Through murder, Bertram could nourish the creature, and in turn it would grant him greater longevity, as well as the ability to see and act through the shade when necessary.

After his parents died mysterious and untraceable deaths abroad, Bertram--at the mere age of twenty-- inherited the title of his father, and immediately set to work meeting and befriending all the leaders of the different cities in Evertrue in order to familiarize himself with the greater kingdom as well as to earn the loyalty of foreign lords for his future plots. Over the many years since, he has all but outlived all those in the kingdom who knew the boy he had been before. Currently, he resides in Bertram manor in Sapphire city, awaiting another foreign assignment during the day, and committing clandestine murder by night.

Skills/abilities:
1. (Passive Skills) Bertram is trained in all courtly manners, and is a great public speaker, decent mathematician, well-read scholar, and well-practiced swordsman. He is also a fantastic rider, although he never took to nautical travel half so well.

2 (Active Skills) Bertram can summon an incorporeal shade which he can link to using magic. Everything the shade witnesses, Bertram does as well. Additionally, for a small blood-price, Bertram can dominate the demon and force it to take a corporeal form, which he can use to perform actions in anonymity. This has a pretty apparent limit: for every moment he does this, blood has to be running from his body as payment.

Preferred weapon: Bertram carries a long, marble cane with a ram's head engraved in the pommel. This cane can open up to reveal itself to be a concealed steel rapier, should he choose to detach the shaft which doubles as a sheathe.

Notable features: Scarring on both arms, although he is never seen without gloves, and the sleeves of his overcoat cover the rest just as well.

Other: None.

I feel like I'm overusing NPCs here.

Name: Shin Najima
DOB: 16th of December
Orientation: Straight
Home city: Dekus Steppe
Physical description: A guy with an average body type and medium long black hair. He is around 1,90 meters high and weighs 70 kg. He has red eyes
Red.(Pok%C3%A9mon).240.1490163.jpg

Personality traits: A cool and kind guy who tends to try and deceive people through his very smooth talks
History/bio: His parents were nomads, or actually, his whole family really was. He himself was born when his family was in the Dekus Steppe and they bought a house for him there for later into his life. They traveled around the whole world exploring all the cities. He was very close with his brother but didn't hang around his sister too much as he didn't trust them. When he became older and older he became one of the people to protect his family. This was because he acquired his powers due to making a deal with Satan. His parents didn't like he did this but he couldn't help this because as he got deceived by the Hell's Lord himself. His power was never really used though as they were never attacked. But one day, when his family was traveling, some bandits attacked. At this time he was getting food. After he came back, his siblings has fled and his parents were laying dead on the ground. He searched for the killers, but never found them. He took some of his parents stuff and traveled off to Kruvaria to begin a new life here.
Skills/abilities: He got his power from Satan. He can spawn a shadow scythe that will penetrate through iron. His other skill are his smooth talks so he can easily talk people into paying more for his stuff
Preferred weapon: His scythe
Notable features:
Other:

Man, more for me to do! Both are accepted. Radio, are you sure you want him living in Bertram Manor? I was going to put him in the castle by default, but it's up to you. Also he's really sexy. Like, really good job on him.
Edit: Actually, @LoliNinja my records say that you still have one more day to go until you can post a new character, which means he can be used starting on the 15th (tomorrow).

Last edited:
Oh lord, you can tell I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when I cannot think of a plausible solution to @Radio Jelly's puzzle aside from "brute force". Forgive me, I'm a bit groggy and ill. xD I'll write something up.

EDIT: Eh, I'll leave it there for now. Again, a little warning to anyone who gets triggered by depression. I distinctly remember these sorts of mood drops happening to an old friend of mine; they aren't the nicest things to get through. Still, Aros and Charlie are a really enjoyable pair to RP with (kudos to you, Jelly!) since they seem to be perfect opposites. I have no doubt Aros will cheer her up in no time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Radio Jelly
I mean I feel like it will be easier for him to participate in clandestine activities somewhere where all those nosy guards, investigators, and witches aren't. If you want him in the castle, I don't really care either way. It's up to you Lala.

Yay, more (potential) history majors! I was planning on having my Dryad student Delyth go artifact-hunting at some point, but it won't be until much later.
Hopefully you'll run into Lucy and her dire wolf during their travels!
Well one of my upcoming characters is aiming to become a history professor, so basically that's one more

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
By the way, the herbs Lucy gathers in the forest won't be used for profit - going to give her a little side-quest to use them ^^

I wasn't entirely sure what to post for Mini to introduce her to the roleplay, so, it's kind'of completely random...but it was the only way I could think of how to express her 'thought process'.

@PrincessLala95 I have a question. I was wondering if I could post a second character form to 'archive' them for later, I know we have to wait for a month of activity before we can have multiple characters, and I'm not asking to bend the rule or anything. I just have an idea for a character I want to use when that month comes, however I also have a horrid memory, and would hate to forget, so I was hoping I could just post it, and have it be ignored till the months up and I can have more ^.^

@Mayu. That's a really good idea! I'll think about that one - until I decide, do you have Microsoft Word or something like that where you can save it?

I can save it as a notepad document ^.^

I was told I had to come online and post, lol. Apparently Princess really wants to see where the exchange between Elbauthin and Ayesha goes, enough that she texts me to say that I have to come and post...

Status
Not open for further replies.