The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
poor Gallina, she's so excited to leave with Allora o.o

and on that note, would Allora and Diodora's marriage not be more likely to incite this war than simply denying the other kingdom's request? In the eyes of another kingdom, it would seem like they were doing so just so they would lose any claim they might have had. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the couple and totally support it, but with Diodora being the strategist he is, the decision doesn't seem tactful.

poor Gallina, she's so excited to leave with Allora o.o

and on that note, would Allora and Diodora's marriage not be more likely to incite this war than simply denying the other kingdom's request? In the eyes of another kingdom, it would seem like they were doing so just so they would lose any claim they might have had. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the couple and totally support it, but with Diodora being the strategist he is, the decision doesn't seem tactful.
Not in my eyes, because the elves do not know when the engagement happened. Also, the way Diodora acted towards Loran when they were in the Throne room shows that he loved her. Loran could see that, which is why he told Diodora to sever all relations with her.

If the other kingdom wants to go to war because they think that Evertrue married her off to keep her from going away, then it would be safe to say that they just wanted war anyway. Since their is no way to prove if they don't actually love each other. So such a matter with no actual evidence against the Kingdom would prove that they were just looking for an excuse for war in the beginning.

Also, with that being said, it would have been worse for Evertrue if Allora disappeared altogether. such as going to Telia.

Loran's view in the eyes of the kingdom wouldn't count for much, he is only one person, and he could say they clearly loved each other, or they hated each other's guts. In the eyes of an entire kingdom, it would still seem like they did it simply to keep them from having any claim on her. Plus, they likely would have sent someone before Loran, to check on such things, as it would have looked extremely bad for a kingdom to try get her to come back to be married off if she was already married/engaged. It's more than likely they would know she wasn't engaged until after they sent Loran to retrieve her.

And would it really have been worse? If such a thing were to happen, then any protection she may have had from the kingdom would have been forfeited, and they could have just snatched her up without an of the repercussions that would come if they did so while she is a royal guard. It would have been worse for her, of course, but not for either kingdom.

It would have been worse. The elves would likely think that Evertrue hid her, or worse if they wanted. Where as she would now just be married and under the pretense of love, which is what it actually is. The person who would have been watching her, would have seen they spent a lot of time together.

Oooh. Allora did a really good job telling Gallina what happened in a way that wouldn't upset her. I was thinking she was just gonna have to let her down, and I knew what direction I wanted to go from there. Now I have to figure out what to do from here XD

Since Radio is inactive, can I just have an NPC Guard or something, obtain the location of the Inn Loran is staying at from Lord Bertram?

Ok thanks. I will begin writing my post tonight. It will probably be posted tomorrow, then I will be out of town till Sunday. So I may not post much, if at all.

3021378.jpg

Name:
Ilara 'The Demon Blade of Cipecia'
DOB:
July 19th
Species:
Living Blade
Orientation:
Heterosexual
Home city:
The city of steel
Physical description:
Ilara's human form is that of a young adult, appearing in her early/mid twenties. Her hair is a brilliant pink, and her eyes a bright blue. She is around average size and weight, with a slim build. Her skin is pale.
Her sword form, is a longsword, made entirely of a golden metal. Despite that, it is uncharacteristically light, allowing most any fighter to use it with ease.
Personality traits:
Ilara lives for battle, if she can fight, she will. However, she also follows a code of honor, if she feels her opponent beaten, she will not continue the fight. She believes that the innocent should be protected at all costs, and will not stand for others who treat others badly.
History/bio:
Ilara started as all blades do, forged by fire. However, she was not forged by a blacksmith, or in the conventional way. When she was created, there was a war going on. The general of one of the warring kingdom's nations, the kingdom of Cipecia, found a rock of an odd mineral, and brought it to the nations best blacksmith. The blacksmith however, said he could not forge the mineral as it would be too fragile. So instead, the general took it to an active volcano, and using the heat from a stream of magma forged the blade himself. The general won many battles after, with most reports saying his golden blade cut right through whatever weapon they chose, whether it was a greatsword or a shortsword. The general fell, two months after his blade was forged, as he became overconfident in the weapon at his side, and underestimated an assassin who was hired to procure the famed blade. Years later, the blade came into the possession of a mage, who decided that nobody should ever have such a weapon unless they were truly worthy of it, and so he gave it a soul. The blade revered as 'The demon blade of Cipecia' became a living being, brought to life by magic, so that only those it chose could wield it. Over the course of time many have wielded it in battle, until it eventually found it's way to evertrue.
Skills/abilities:
Form-shifting: Ilara has two forms, her true form which is a longsword, and her human form.
Sharpness: Ilara, when in her true form, can cut through anything, whether it be stone, steel or magic, though obviously she needs somebody to wield her, as in her true form she can't move.
Swordsmanship: Ilara, being one herself, is a master of combat with a sword.
Preferred weapon:
A longsword, which appears to be the same as her true form though it is made of steel, and simply coated with a thin layer of gold. This sword is a mock imitation, and as such does not hold the same ability she herself does.
Notable features:
Pink hair.
Other:
  • While in her human form Ilara is perceptible to magic, having been given life by magic those with it can easily control her mind, or force her to take her true form.
  • In order to switch to her true form, she must first recite: "Lamina composuerunt in aestu, forma per vitam magicis, nunc mea vera forma." which is latin for Blade forged in searing heat, given life by magic, I now show my true form. (roughly translated by google, as I do not speak latin)
  • Ilara is a sell-sword, traveling around Evertrue with the hopes of finding somebody worthy to wield her in battle.

Last edited:
That's creative, Mayu. I like it. She's accepted. The next batch of characters, including her, will probably go up some time tonight or tomorrow.

• In order to switch to her true form, she must first recite: "Lamina composuerunt in aestu, per vitam magicis, non est forma, nunc mihi." which is latin for Blade forged in searing heat, given life by magic, I now show my true form. (roughly translated by google, as I do not speak latin)
Nobody speaks Latin, lol. That's part of the whole "Dead language" thing. You read Latin, and you write Latin, and that's it. The only people who speak Latin are stupid teenagers in horror movies who decide to read the demonic incantations out loud and accidentally summon demons. Also priests, for exorcisms and stuff. Amplexus multiplicamini mille. The "non est" shouldn't be there, I'm not sure why it translated it that way. You want "Lamina composuerunt in aestu, forma per vitam magicis, nunc mea vera forma." That should be a more accurate translation.

I always say speak whether writing or reading, since I do both way more than actual speaking XD but I'll edit that, thank you, google translate hates me =^.^=

All of the new characters up until right now have been added to the character list. Because, you know. I'm a good person and all that. It's not veni, vidi, vici when we're talking about me, it's veni, dormivi, tradidit. Because we're speaking Latin now and stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Teiso
Latin is such a pretty language =^.^=

Reactions: PrincessLala95
[BCOLOR=transparent]Thalice lying face down in the grass, unconcious under a fallen and burning tree.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eu-Mag shouting with all his artificial voice can, desperately trying to pull himself out of a pool of lava, an increasingly bright light emitting from his inside.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hadoram lying on the judge's desk with her hammer in hand, her head pierced by a last-ditch effort throwing knife.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A vaguely humanoid lump of a clay-like meat lying still in a window-less, cold prison cell.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Too dark?[/BCOLOR]

New characters, you know what that means?

Dyna lying on the ground, sorrounded by a pool of red and covered in a small army of three-inch tall soldiers, next to a book with all but one page torn out.

A tree, that due to malnourishment because of a dense canopy being grown above it, was chopped down, the stump being removed as well.

Cole's hairless body burnt to a crisp, lying next to Snap's, encased in a huge chunk of ice.

• Love
Reactions: Teiso
O.O so dark...I love it(is that odd?)

Cole and Snap must have had a pretty heated argument. Perhaps Cole was simply being too cold? (horrible puns totally intended, please forgive me xD)

poor Dyna though :o murdered by tiny peoples I'm assuming she created.

My apologies to any whom are effected by the following.

I'll be out of town and away from my computer for around two days, I have an airsoft tournament to attend, it's outside in the cold part of America, camping and shooting and fun galore, so yeah, fun times.

In the mean time, i'll just have to ask anyone engaged with my character in rping to wait , my apologies, but it's unavoidable, well I suppose it is, but then I lose my shot at lots of money and piss the airsoft team i'm in off, so yeah no, not gonna go for all that. Thanks to anyone who waits.

There's airsoft tournaments? o.o I want to shoot people ;.; ....well.....I suppose that's probably the reason nobodies ever told me of these things, I'm far too violent xD

Good luck =^.^=

Last edited:
The cold part of America? I hope you mean Alaska ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.