The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that criminal is still on the loose in Sapphire City, I was thinking maybe he could hold Ashley for ransom.

If that criminal is still on the loose in Sapphire City, I was thinking maybe he could hold Ashley for ransom.
The one that Diodora and Allora dealt with? He is still at large, but the character itself and the Owner are inactive and no longer RPing here.

Well that royally stinks.

I'm sure there's someone who's willing to be your villain :P Ask fishy, she's always looking for new ideas. I know she said before that she'd love to play as Mr. Ashley Malota, but that she wanted you to have the freedom of baby skin colour that you wouldn't have with one of her characters, lol.

Oh, well then!

Sofry for being a bit inactive, i'm currently on a camp and i can't find enough time nor interest to try to write up a post via phone.

But one question, partly just to know and partly because it concerns Enlora ofc... but how does one join royal guard?

Yeah, it's basically just a matter of asking the royal family or the captain of the guard, who we still don't have anyone playing as.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Avram Stromm [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR]40
[BCOLOR=transparent]DOB: [/BCOLOR]August 8
[BCOLOR=transparent]Species: [/BCOLOR]Human
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR]Male
[BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation: Straight but he has taken a chastity oath[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Home city: Eastway Bluff[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Physical description: Avram, despite his age, as a very muscled body, but it usually hidden by his tunic, cloak and other clothes that he uses. Hes also very tall, almost 2 meters. His skin is tanned. His hair is darkbrown and he also has a beard but no moustache. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality traits: Avram its very strict, has a low tolerance to bullys and nobles who abuse of their status. In his young age he was very fond of drinking, gambling, fighting and women. Years later he quitted from all that. Hes still tempted from time to time to return to his old vices but he has managed to keep his oaths. He likes to preach to townpeople but he feel intimidated when nobles question him about his faith. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History/bio: Avram was born in a small village. His parents had a numerous family and as soon as Avram was older he left home and went to wander. As teen he picked a fight with some other teens, he was jailed and recruited as soldier. His heigth and great strenght was useful, he rised through the ranks. He now had a good job, good pay, so he married to a local woman. They had two sons, a girl and a boy. Then he was called back to the local lord army, the new heir had started a war with other lord. Avram left his family with a smile, he was sure that the war would end soon, it had happened before. But no this time. The war lasted years, devolving into a trench war.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] It was then when Avram become addicted to drink. Years later Avram returned, no one had won the war so the lords had settled to sign a peace treaty, all the deaths just to leave things as they were. Avram went right to his home, to his surprise the house had gone. Asking around he found that the lord had taken his land, his wife had moved to the badlands. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]For weeks Avram looked for her, at last he found her, inside a cave. She and his children had died. He couldnt know how or why, his corpses had been picked clean by beasts. Avram buried them in the cave. He returned to the village without telling anybody what had happened to his family. He spent the next days drinking until one night, drunk, he went to the lord house, he beat the guards and kicked the doors of the great hall. The lord was dinning there with the other nobles, they were celebrating the peace treaty. Before he could question the lord what had done, the guards beat him, bleeding he still watched how the nobles keep drinking and laughing as if nothing had happened. Avram was sent to the mines to work until his death.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]At the mines he meet a strange man, the other prisioners respected him even when he was old, they called him "the priest", not even the guards bothered him. The man preached to the prisioners at night. He talked about a "God of Justice" one that didnt had need of a name. As the years went by, Avram become his disciple, and when the old man died his sucessor. Years later Avram managed to escape the mines and since then has been preaching all over, hes become a wanted man since his preaching had pitted him against the nobles and the wealthy, they have branded him as an agitator, a traitor. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He has arrived to Eastway Bluff to begin another crusade and maybe change the whole city. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills/abilities: Avram mantains his great strength, hes skilled with most martial weapons and armors but today he dont use any. He believe in his new god but to this day he hadnt shown any godly power.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Preferred weapon: When he was a soldier his preferred weapon was the longsword but today he has settled to the mace, a blunt weapon that he uses to stun or knock out any attacker. His faith dont forbid him to kill but he hadnt killed since his days as soldier. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Notable features: He always carry a metal flask with alcohol to test himself.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Priest_zpsoxf45r1b.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Priest_zpsoxf45r1b.png
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
I love the concept. Picture's not loading for me, but he's accepted. He's the first in the next batch of characters who will be added to the character list.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Could it be possible to have a character promoted to the head of the Royal Guard? Selfishly speaking of course. lol ;)

The only problem would be the fact that there's currently an NPC captain, although we could easily just say he'd been killed off or retired. Maybe we'll say the captain's wife is pregnant and he's opting to retire? Then another senior guard could take his place.

Wouldn't there actually be multiple 'captains'? Usually the ranking for medieval/fantasy themes, is General(Usually the king, or a prince assumes this role, but they do sometimes hire someone of adequate skill), 2-4 captains, and then the actual soldiers. Seeings as it would actually be a lot of work for one person to keep track of an entire military force, even one that is solely for the castle, so the general commands the captains to command their specific troops, rather than having one person keep track of 300 or more soldiers ^.^"

Obviously there are people in every city who are responsible for the guards there, but there aren't 300+ royal guards! The royal guards are only responsible for Sapphire City and the castle, and the captain's basically just responsible for things like settling disputes and writing up the patrol schedule. It's basically the same as the general you just described, but he's called the captain because I like the word captain more than the word general. Captain makes me think of a charismatic, kind, powerful leader, O Captain, My Captain. General makes me think of that corrupt old military guy who gives the order to slaughter all the natives in literally every movie that has natives who get (or almost get) slaughtered.

This is what I picture when I hear the word general:
latest

I think of Patton, when I hear general. A Nazi killing badass that rained Freedom on those Germans. :)

*fangirling REALLY hard over Diodora & Allora right now*

There aren't? Seems like the king and queen needs to get to hiring, because tactically speaking 300 is a small number for such a task. XD Imagine if you only had a small number of say, 50-100. A single assassin is trained to be able to take on at least 25 highly trained soldiers, so if four to five were tasked with assassinating the king and/or queen, it would be really easy, especially seeings as that already small number is split up between patrolling the city and castle. 300 may seem like a lot as a number, but thinking of it in the viewpoint of 'tactical defense', it's actually rather small.

Please ignore my randomness. I've slept for like...an hour total in the past 24 hours so my minds kinda on overdrive for useless topics ^.^''

Also. I'm working on my final character(until next month when I can have more >:3), and will post for my characters after I've finished.

Edit: um...for anyone who managed to read the 'slept for one hour in the past two' thing my keyboard hates me XD

Last edited:
Let's say we have, like, 200 guards.

We've got an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 5 or 6 in each section of the city, so that's what, 30 guards to cover the city?

We've got four by the city gates, multiplied by four gates, that's another 16 guards busy.

Two guards stand by the gates that lead onto the royal estate, two guards stand by the doors of the castle, and two guards stand by the throne room doors. Two guards with the magical ability to turn invisible remain beside the throne at all times. That's another eight. So now we have 54 in specific positions.

The castle has three floors, not including the guards' quarters and servants' quarters. They're not huge, so if we even dispatch a minimum of ten guards for each floor, we'll have a total of 84 on patrol at any given time.

That leaves us with 116 guards unassigned. So, obviously, these guards will be added to the various sections of the city, added to the hallway patrol, and sent on specific tasks. Some of them will be off-duty, eating, visiting family, training, derping around in the castle, sleeping, waiting to take over the shift of another guard who's currently working...some will be doing specific tasks, like Diodora's group being sent to arrest Loran.

I think that 200 is a good number. Given that about half of them will be off-duty at any given time, and the captain wouldn't have daily interaction with every single one of them every single day.

Also, I want to question why a highly trained assassin can take on multiple guards, but a guard can't take on multiple opponents? Who's to say that a highly-trained royal guard can't take on 25 highly-trained assassins? Does the pure power of evil make assassins more deadly than guards? It's like the opposite of the situation in movies where villains can't aim but heroes have perfect aim all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.