The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what do you mean by Mulatto? 0.o
I make black-skinned characters, and since Ashley's light-skinned (although not white) a child between her and one of my characters would have dark skin, just not as dark as the dad.

Because I missed a day, Day 23 in Limbo. I slept for at least 23 minutes I reckon.

village-scene-herold-alveras.jpg

Hey there, people of Evertrue. I know I mentioned earlier that I was considering making an RPG of my own, and a few people said they'd be interested, so I figured I'd let you guys all know first! My new RPG, The Empire of Udreria, follows the same open-world concept as Evertrue, though it has an overall plot (a war) that Evertrue lacks. Princess has agreed to co-GM with me since I'm not on often, so she's going to accept new characters if I'm not around and keep track of new arrivals and updates that need to be made. If you're interested, all the information is on the thread! I hope to see you guys there! I'm going to go and post the IC thread now, and I'm also texting Princess that she needs to come online and make her characters for it, lol.

Sorry terribly about that. As I said sometimes I don't get notifications so I don't notice that replying is needed. Don't fear to poke me as I previously mentioned.

I just had the best idea.

Tell Loran that we'll give him Allora, and that we're sorry for the trouble that's been caused by our uncertainty. Have Allora and Xoar, who we'll fetch from the dungeons (because we don't yet know it's escaped) be waiting in the kitchen by the doors. When a servant is sent to fetch them, have Xoar take the form of Allora and go in. Xoar won't really talk as Allora, since she won't speak out language, so Loran will see that as Allora just not wanting to talk to him because she's being taken from the only home she's ever known. Loran takes Xoar with him. That gives them like, five hours of travel time to get away from the city, maybe even get off Sapphire Island. Then, when it's time to transform, Xoar just grabs some random animal or something, turns into that, and wanders off. Loran can't find Allora, but he can't get mad at us for it because he was the one responsible for her once we passed Xoar off to him and it's his fault for losing her! Mwahhh!

I just had the best idea.

Tell Loran that we'll give him Allora, and that we're sorry for the trouble that's been caused by our uncertainty. Have Allora and Xoar, who we'll fetch from the dungeons (because we don't yet know it's escaped) be waiting in the kitchen by the doors. When a servant is sent to fetch them, have Xoar take the form of Allora and go in. Xoar won't really talk as Allora, since she won't speak out language, so Loran will see that as Allora just not wanting to talk to him because she's being taken from the only home she's ever known. Loran takes Xoar with him. That gives them like, five hours of travel time to get away from the city, maybe even get off Sapphire Island. Then, when it's time to transform, Xoar just grabs some random animal or something, turns into that, and wanders off. Loran can't find Allora, but he can't get mad at us for it because he was the one responsible for her once we passed Xoar off to him and it's his fault for losing her! Mwahhh!
Nice. That leaves but one problem unresolved. How will Xoar get to the courtroom now? Is it just yet another cog in Allora's machinery of escape, and that leaving the rest of the Liefarians to be slain by Eu-Mag and assumably Ecgric is all ok?

Or something. I don't know. Good luck finding it, anyways.

5qx2MWr.jpg

"My book friends and I! We will figure it out!"

Photo credit: asuka111

Name: Dyna Bellatrix
DOB: 6. of June
Species: Human
Orientation: Doesn't know of sexuality as a general.
Home city: Satocan City

Physical description: She has her short, black hair tied in a ponytail, and typically wears a brown dress, but when given her will will wear one white woven shirt and a long skirt. Her facial features hint towards a somewhat asian origin, and given her age, she is rather short and, even so, somewhat physically mature.

Personality traits: Dyna is curious and brave to the potentially dangerous, relying heavily on her "book friends" to resolve issues concerning her. She is constantly trying to become more independant, and will therefore rarely seek or accept help from others. While she does like being around people, it never shows, and she will seek places without people.

History/bio: Dyna was born in Dragon city, to a priestess and a librarian. It was while she was merely three that she discovered the magical properties of the Book of Dreams. Having been left alone one afternoon in the library, she had picked out the first and most colorfully backed book she could find, recklessly drafting about in it. In doing so, she also drew what the book recognized as a cross, and her drawing, on the paper mere doodles, but in her head a house, materialized around her, to her father's great surprise once he noticed it.
She was kept away from the book as best as could be done, but both their parent's jobs required them to be much away from home, leading the book into her then five year old hands again, then accidentally spawning a clone of her mother. At that time she was sure the book liked her, reasoned in that it wasn't an ordinary book, even she could tell, but also how it kept finding her.
Soon after her parents realized that due to their business they couldn't possibly care for a child, especially conserning how she had managed to cause so much trouble so far with that book only. She was sent to the orphanage in the city of Satocan, and despite being devastated, she managed sneaking the book under her coat when leaving.
Having lived there since, the Book of Dreams and creatures of her fantasy she have created using it are the only friends she has. A bit worried about how she spends most of her time in her room, the orphanage workers have many times tried asking her about what she'd been doing, to no immediate reply. Now, however, some of the creatures have been telling her to flee the orphanage altogether, ensuring her they'd make a better life alone.

Skills/abilities: Dyna is creative, agile and enduring for a child, but other than that she's just a kid.

Preferred weapon: Assistance from creatures in her enchanted book.

Notable features: She rarely goes anywhere without carrying her book and a pencil.

Other: As mentioned she carries around an enchanted book. If a character is drawn in it, and an X is written on the same page, that character is made real for ten minutes. The same is done for every X on the page. However, once ten crosses have been written on a page, it will tear itself out of the book, rendering it useless.[/hr]

I need more characters to interact with... just a random idea, now that Gallina's bracelet is broken (?), she might possibly have reason to look for enchanter skilled enough to make new one, and maybe Dekrus could be skilled enough :P

Anyway, maybe i should write a new post today or tomorrow morning... i just seem to have a minor writer's block atm :P

So she has ten times the number of pages in the book available to her? So like, if the book started out with 200 pages, she'd have 2000 drawings available to her? I like her, though I'm finding myself very put off by these parents who were just like "Oh, our jobs keep us so busy that we can't raise this kid, let's send her to the orphanage!" It's like, no, that's literally not how parenting works. But she's accepted, evil parents or not, and good to go.

So she has ten times the number of pages in the book available to her? So like, if the book started out with 200 pages, she'd have 2000 drawings available to her? I like her, though I'm finding myself very put off by these parents who were just like "Oh, our jobs keep us so busy that we can't raise this kid, let's send her to the orphanage!" It's like, no, that's literally not how parenting works. But she's accepted, evil parents or not, and good to go.
Evil parents alright.

They take their jobs VERY seriously.

But yes, 2000 drawings. Or, 200 drawings which she can spawn ten times each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil parents alright.

They take their jobs VERY seriously.

But yes, 2000 drawings. Or, 200 drawings which she can spawn ten times each.
I guess that's true. Like, if she drew a unicorn on one page and then drew an X, it would spawn a unicorn, and then if she reused that page and added like, a gnome to it, then drawing an X would spawn a unicorn AND a gnome.

How does the book work in terms of pages being double-sided? Does it count both sides of the page as one page?

I guess that's true. Like, if she drew a unicorn on one page and then drew an X, it would spawn a unicorn, and then if she reused that page and added like, a gnome to it, then drawing an X would spawn a unicorn AND a gnome.

How does the book work in terms of pages being double-sided? Does it count both sides of the page as one page?
I... didn't really think that through. The most logically would be for the pages to be double sided, but then the whole "ripping itself out"-thing won't work. Say, once a drawing's ten uses have been used, the page turns, not only blank, but like that annoying reflective plastic-like paper that can't be drawn on.

The page could simply turn black, or possibly just keep erasing whatever is on it after ten uses. Since, I highly doubt, even with magic, that the annoying 'plastic' paper would exist in the time period of evertrue =^.^=

The page could simply turn black, or possibly just keep erasing whatever is on it after ten uses. Since, I highly doubt, even with magic, that the annoying 'plastic' paper would exist in the time period of evertrue =^.^=
Now that's a good idea, yet again. Cheers to you, Mayu. Cheers.

The mental image of Ashley heading out into the gardens and sitting up against a tree is making me really nostalgic right now, because in an old RPG, I had this character, Elisabeth, and when she was pregnant with her daughters, all she really did was spend her time in the Kingdom's gardens, sitting under her favourite tree.

This morning I was going to drive my boyfriend to work, and as I walked down the driveway and grumbled about the copious quantities of snow that had fallen on my car overnight, I saw a white rabbit going hop-hoppity across the lawn of the church across the street. And I got really excited, and then he stopped near the end of the lawn and stood up on his hind legs as if he was posing for me, but my phone was in my pocket and I had gloves on and it was really cold, hence the snow, so then he hopped away. My mum thinks he was probably an arctic hare, since I'm far enough North for that kind of floofball, but he didn't look very fluffy to me when I saw him, and I'm pretty sure part of the whole point of an arctic hare is that when it gets cold, its fur turns white and multiplies so it turns into a giant white fluffball.

I'm pretty sure your spirit animal is a rabbit, Princess. You always seem to see rabbits right before good stuff happens to you :P

Status
Not open for further replies.