The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so... @LoliNinja

Your character, Lilith, has a house in Dragon City at the bottom left of the map in the mountains, since you put that as your home city in your character sheet.
Somehow you ended up in Sapphire City, which is fine, you can begin anywhere, I suppose.
You start with 100 gold to spend, but a boat ride is 75 gold.

Now, what I'm thinking is that you could completely erase the part of your first post where you started in Sapphire City, since you haven't actually interacted with anyone there, and instead start in Sunset City with Kera so you can keep your gold. However, if you want to move to a new area after meeting her, you'll both have to spend your money. Of course, all this is up to the approval of @PrincessLala95 :)

@Rauzi I remember reading somewhere that you couldn't move where your home city is until a week in-real-life had passed, but I can't find that information, so -shrug- to Kera's situation with the townsfolk. I think a new home would be 2500 gold, but a night at the inn is only 8 gold, so maybe use that for now, or try convincing the people back home you aren't evil. Just emphasizing how fortunate we all are to have a starter home!

• Thank You
Reactions: PrincessLala95
@Koene I'm aware of that rule, it's not like she will move or go anywhere :P I have it thought up, she won't be able to leave her home just like that.

Reactions: Koene
@Koene I see what you did there, great job on that one :D
And this is how the story of Kera's father gets build up :P Can't wait to see what there is to come to this.

Looking at the interaction between @Rauzi and @LoliNinja made me think about something - just so you guys know, you can split the price of something with another player just fine. For example, if they decided to split the price of the boat ride between them, all they had to do was mention how they split it and I'd make sure to adjust their gold accordingly. That lets you buy stuff with friends if you want to. You know, things like that.

I'm super excited that I get to post new characters tomorrow ^_^ I'll be posting them when I finish work. Remember, the month goes by date rather than days/weeks, so if you created your first character on November 23rd, you can post additional characters on December 23rd. Just an example. Clarice's post says I created her on the 19th, and tomorrow is the 19th. Hurrah!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Did my character get denied? I mean, I posted her like two days ago and everyone else got their characters accepted in like a few hours? Was there a problem?

@LilyCake I think Lala just missed your character, just put her a pm and i'm sure she will tell you what's up

I'm wondering if the cast list should be split up into "Has posted in the last month," "Has not posted in the last month," and "Has never posted", because some people who made a character a few weeks ago might have dropped out and I'd like to see who's active and who isn't. A bit more work to keep things up to date, but would be very useful! As it stands, it's just a giant wall of text and hard to look up specific people.

Yes, Poppy is accepted! I'm so sorry, @LilyCake I thought I had already posted!

I'm working on some updates to the cast list as per @Koene's suggestion. The way it appears now is not final, some characters are missing or in the wrong categories, and the fonts need to be fixed.

I'll post my own new characters in a few minutes so I can include them in the revamped cast list.

• Thank You
Phillippe.jpg
(without the dorky hipster glasses)

Name: Phillippe Claude Charmaine
DOB: April 10th​
Species: Human
Orientation: Straight
Home City: Sapphire City
Physical Description: For an aging man, Phillippe is relatively attractive. Up until he fell ill, he made sure to eat well and keep in shape, so he has a lean and muscular build. He has a full head of grey hair and grey stubble all across his face. His eyes are hazel, and he has a warm smile when it shows.
Personality traits: Phillippe is relatively hard and stern. He tends to appear very stoic, and he can be strict when it comes to his household – family and servants alike. Very little makes him smile or laugh, with the exceptions of his young wife, Clarice, and his beloved daughter, Aurélie. He has a great appreciation for the finer things in life, and he does all he can to take full advantage of his position as King.
History/Bio: Phillippe was born the eldest of three boys and one girl, the sons and daughter of the previous King and his Queen. As the eldest, Phillippe was the obvious heir to the throne, and his parents raised him as such. He was given all the tools he would need to be King – he was taught to fight, taught to read and write, taught about the Kingdom's history and geography, and when it came time for his father to pass on his crown, he passed on all of Evertrue's deepest, darkest secrets to his eager son.
Within six months of being crowned King, at the age of twenty, Phillippe was married to a young noblewoman called Lorraine Lucille. Within six months of their wedding, the pair announced that they were expecting their first child. That plan fell through, however, when Lorraine miscarried and lost the baby.
The next thirteen years were filled with similar such heartbreak. Though Phillippe and Lorraine tried their hardest, calling in expert healers, herbologists and magic-users from throughout the Kingdom, nothing was enough to grant them a full and healthy pregnancy resulting in a baby.
Finally, however, one of their pregnancies lasted. As with all their previous pregnancies, they took every precaution they could and had healers and doctors available to the Queen at all times, and sure enough, she finally gave birth to a baby – a little girl, whom they called Aurélie Lorraine, after her mother.
The little girl became Phillippe's most beloved and precious treasure, and though he and Lorraine continued to try for a son, no other child would likely ever receive love like he gave to his daughter.
When Aurélie was six, Lorraine experienced another pregnancy that came to term. The family was ecstatic that perhaps they would finally have an heir to the throne. That baby, however – another little girl – was stillborn. They called her Odette Sophie and buried her in the royal gardens.
It wasn't until nine years later that Lorraine had another successful pregnancy. By then, she was in her late-forties and nearing the end of her fertile years. Even as it was, continuing to try was risky, but the couple was determined to have a little boy. But Lorraine became pregnant again, and the pair was eagerly anticipating their new child's birth.
Unfortunately, this birth was tragic. Though the doctors did all that they could, neither Lorraine nor the child survived. Phillippe was heartbroken. He named the new child – a boy – Lucien Harmon and buried the two beside little Odette.
Though he had loved his wife Lorraine and was devastated by the loss of her, he realized that, in a way, her death had also been a blessing – now, he would be able to find a new Queen, a younger Queen, who might have an easier time conceiving and carrying a baby without them having to worry about her growing too old. After a few months of mourning, he sent out a proclamation that all eligible women between the ages of nineteen and twenty-four who could read, write, and speak well were to be brought before him, and from the selection, he would choose himself a wife.
It took a few months, but Phillippe finally found the perfect bride. He knew the moment he saw Clarice that she was to be his Queen, and they were married a few weeks later. In their four years of marriage, however, she has proven unable to even become pregnant, let alone carry the child to term. Phillippe has been growing frustrated – perhaps the problem lay within him all along, and not Lorraine? Though he loves his new wife and has been trying his hardest to have a child with her, their attempts have yet to be successful. Worse yet, Phillippe has fallen ill in the past several weeks. The doctors fear that he is on his deathbed – with Clarice still unable to have a child and Phillippe heirless but for his daughter, what will become of the Kingdom if he dies?
Skills/abilities: Phillippe can fight with a sword and shoot a bow and arrow. He used to enjoy hunting, but found himself growing bored with it in his old age. He reads, writes, and speaks with a high degree of skill, and he has excellent problem-solving skills.
Preferred weapon: When Phillippe was eleven, his father gave him an enchanted sword that had been passed on for generations. The enchantment ensured that the sword would never rust or dull, and that if the wielder was of the royal family's blood, it would grant him with the courage and bravery to use it to the best of its ability.
Notable features: Phillippe is bedridden. He wears spectacles to read.
Other: He's the King and married to Clarice.

Aurelie.jpg

Name: Aurélie Lorraine Charmaine
DOB: April 30th​
Species: Human
Orientation: Aromantic, heterosexual
Home city: City of Telia (from Sapphire City)
Physical Description: Aurélie has light brown hair that is long and straight, though she usually keeps it up in some lavish or elegant updo. She has blue-green eyes (depending on the lighting and her mood), she's very tall, and she's slender, with narrow hips and a small bust. She typically wears lavish gowns of ruffles and lace, several pieces of jewellery, makeup, and perfume that smells like mint and lavender.
Personality Traits: Aurélie is an intelligent young woman. She is able to memorize passages from writings in a short amount of time, she is excellent at figuring things out based on the information she has, and her math skills are outstanding. Despite her high levels of intelligence, her mother instilled in her a love for everything lavish and expensive, so when she isn't involved in her studies, she has a deep appreciation for parties and shopping. She tends to feel bored all the time, and is always searching for things to do. She holds a grudge and gets jealous easily.
History/Bio: Aurélie was born to Phillippe and Lorraine Charmaine when they were 34 and 31, respectively. She was the first of three children, though her younger brother and sister didn't survive their births, and deeply beloved by her parents. They spoiled her rotten and made sure she had only the finest of everything. All through her life, she watched her parents try and fail, time and time again, to give her a little brother.
When she was six, her mother gave birth to a stillborn baby girl called Odette. Though Aurélie was young, she understood that her sister was dead, and she was sad that she had lost out on this chance to have a little playmate.
At the age of fifteen, when she found out that her mother was pregnant again, she doubted that it would be a success. Fifteen years of failures – more than fifteen, if she counted the years before she was born – and she didn't think her parents were even capable of having any more children. She was almost proven wrong, however, when her mother carried the pregnancy to term – at least until her mother and the baby both died in childbirth.
She was heartbroken at losing her mother. Her best friend, her teacher, her confidante – her mother had been everything to her, and she was gone. She mourned for months on end, and was both devastated and furious when her father announced that he was searching for a new bride. She was even more furious when he chose a young woman who was barely eight years older than her. She decided that, for the sake of her beloved mother's memory, she hated Clarice, and she made sure to let her new stepmother know it every chance she got.
At eighteen, after two years of putting up with Clarice's presence, Aurélie finally escaped her by asking to be enrolled in the university. She moved to the City of Telia, where she began her studies. She didn't know what exactly she wanted to do in life – being a princess wouldn't mean much once her father was no longer the King, so she had to find something to do with her life. She loved history, and began to work with the university's history experts, assisting them in their research and doing all she could to become a world-renowned historian without needing her father's support any longer.

Skills/abilities: Aurélie is extremely intelligent. She's good at performing research, memorizing facts and information, and presenting information and ideas to others. She has moderate cooking skills now that she's living on her own away from the castle.
Preferred Weapon: Her mind ;)
Notable features: None in particular
Other: She's the princess, daughter of Phillippe and stepdaughter of Clarice.

too_handsome5.jpg

Name: Crofton Dewl
DOB: August 15th​
Species: Elf
Orientation: Homosexual
Home City: Eastway Bluff, but he travels a lot
Physical Description: Crofton has a slim, toned build with dark tanned skin. He has brown eyes and his dark facial hair is kept neatly trimmed. He wears a head scarf as it is considered a part of his elven culture.
Personality Traits: Crofton is charismatic and talkative, though it's rare that he'll divulge much personal information about himself. He's always willing to lend a helping hand, regardless what the activity is – including the morally dubious ones. When he makes friends, he holds on tightly to them. He tends to become jealous easily. When he's not after someone for their soul, his true colours show – he's cold and cruel, filled with hatred and anger.
History/Bio: Crofton was born and raised in Vastwater Basin. Though his parents tried to instill a love of education in their son from a young age, hoping he would one day travel to Telia and become a world-renowned scholar, he was never interested in the pursuit of knowledge. He found himself more interested in the pursuit of power and secrets, and he grew up with a bad habit of blackmailing his peers however he could. His parents tried their hardest to stop the behaviour, but Crofton was shadowy and clever.
When he was seventeen, Crofton met a young man and they fell in love. He was a thief, and together, they made the perfect pair. Ge was just passing through Vastwater Basin on his way home to Eastway Bluff, so Crofton packed up his things and moved in with his new love. Their relationship would be short-lived, however; after less than a year together a malicious she-demon from another world arrived and took control of Crofton's lover, trapping him in her world and ensnaring his mind so that he had no means of escaping. When Crofton pleaded for his lover's return, the demoness decided to strike a deal with him.
She taught Crofton how to take souls from other beings – the other person had to willingly give their soul with a pledge of loyalty, and a simple incantation had to be recited. The soul would be trapped in an item – she tended to prefer jewellery, she told him, but he could use anything he liked – and the person whose soul had been taken would become almost a zombie – uncaring and empty – until the soul was taken into somebody's control. Once Crofton mastered the art of stealing souls, finding that he had a preference for trapping the souls in weaponry, the demoness told him that he had to deliver her a thousand souls in his lifetime and, in return, she would let him and his lover be reborn with all their memories to live their life together anew.
Once freed from the demoness's lessons, Crofton got to work. After a few souls, he began to wonder what the demoness had meant about taking souls into somebody's control. Between souls, he started to do some research, and he discovered how to take control of a soul. Armed with this new knowledge, he found a handful of individuals – mostly criminals, those who wouldn't be missed by family if they suddenly up and left – and took their souls, using them to gain more souls. Unable to do anything about their entrapment, his close inner circle would trap souls and deliver them to Crofton, who would then send them to the demoness.
Capturing and ensnaring souls like this took its toll on Crofton. Before long, he found himself cold, heartless, cruel, and vindictive. Along the way, he began to question why he was even doing this – so he could be reborn and live life with his lover? A lover whose love he had long since forgotten, and whose love he had discovered he could live without? He decided to stop giving up the souls to the demoness, telling her the next time he saw her that his lover was all hers – all he needed was souls.
He began to work hard on collecting souls. He kept his collection in his house in Eastway Bluff, though he often sold the souls to demons and other dark ones in search of them in exchange for all sorts of things – secrets, riches, objects, extra years on his life... With all this, however, he began to feel as if he was missing something.
Crofton disbanded the group who collected souls for him, selling away their souls for a hefty price and selling the rest of his collection of souls. He kept only one, in case he should ever need it, trapped in a sword. He began to give away his riches – some he handed to beggars on the street, some he stashed away or hid for people to find, some he scattered in the woods…before long, he was dirt poor again, with nothing but a small house, a single soul in a sword, and his own determination to find his humanity again. But you know what they say about the soul trade…once you get in, it's impossible to get back out again.

Skills and abilities: Crofton can capture souls with magic. He has moderate smithing skills and excellent social skills.
Preferred weapon: Crofton's one remaining sword, made of steel with a sapphire embedded in the hilt, which contains a sword.
Notable features: Head scarf.
Other: Nothing really.

• Love
Can a character only work in their home city? Because I was thinking of making one that travelled a lot and took many small, temporary jobs on the road, maybe only staying a week until payday before moving on.

Can a character only work in their home city? Because I was thinking of making one that travelled a lot and took many small, temporary jobs on the road, maybe only staying a week until payday before moving on.
Your character can work in another city, yes, but it's *highly* recommended to work in your home city or you'll be spending all your gold on inn stays. That, or you'll have to buy a second home.

Hmm... If an inn costs 8-10 gold a night, and food costs 8-10 gold a day, then a week's expense is 112-140 gold a week... Even at the cheapest job, you're guaranteed 60 gold a week, or more if you roleplay commission. At the most expensive jobs, you'll earn at least 160 gold, which is slightly less than the lowest salary. You won't get rich by doing this, but it's doable!

Something I've been meaning to ask... What's the scale of the map? If I decided to walk from Mondalia to Avarell, how long would that take? If I decided to sail from Riverside to Kruvaria?

It's all pretty far apart, but also not far apart, if that makes any sense. I mean, some of the expedition sites are the same distance as certain cities from one another, so if you travelled the same amount of time in a different direction you'd end up at a mysterious lost archaeological site...I believe @disappointedfish made the journey from Telia to Slanait to Sapphire City in about a day with only one stop for lunch in her first post, if that helps. That would be accurate and believable to me.

• Useful
Wait a minute... Payday is every *two* weeks? Pfffff... There goes my plan.

Actually, real-life time moves faster than game time. Could still be doable... Actually, more doable since it's been literally a month and it's still day 1 of the roleplay.
Why was payday calculated in real-life time, if I may ask? We could make over 400 gold a day, at the rate we're going.

Wait a minute... Payday is every *two* weeks? Pfffff... There goes my plan.

Actually, real-life time moves faster than game time. Could still be doable... Actually, more doable since it's been literally a month and it's still day 1 of the roleplay.
Why was payday calculated in real-life time, if I may ask? We could make over 400 gold a day, at the rate we're going.
Because time in the RPG is unreliable. With as many people as we have, it would be really difficult to get everyone coordinated to the same schedule. I'd end up having to sit out for days on end because Clarice would be sleeping but the night owls would be out and about doing things. It's lunchtime in Sapphire City, Clarice is just now eating lunch.

So each city has its own schedule, then? That works! Kinda like timezones, but not at all :D
Maybe the reason the residents of Evertrue haven't found out about the time dilation is because travel times are so long, it's hard to keep track of time speeding up or slowing down to get you to the target city's timezone. :O Science!

Status
Not open for further replies.