The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at what I've been doing, I'm the only player in my city and the only details I was given from the GM were "artistic" and "tropical", so I took what those words evoked in my head (based on the current time period / world setting) and mixed them together with how I wanted my character to grow as a person and with her career, and created the City of Kruvaria for Ermeline and future roleplayers to explore! Now, if someone else had already been in the city, I'd be more careful about describing the entire place like that - I'd have read what the others had said and added my own impressions and little details to what's already there - like that the alley next to the (already-established) blacksmith houses stray cats, or that my character loved the apples from a particular vendor in the marketplace. If your character wants a honey bun, and a pastry shop has already been mentioned, it'd be cool to go visit that store - but if a pastry shop hasn't been mentioned yet (and it makes sense where you are) then write one into the world! It can be a bit tricky to not overstep your boundaries, but really, I'd say go for it and get reprimanded later :P

Also, if you're confused where everyone is, try going back a few pages (doesn't have to be the whole thread) and see where people say they are. Might have to cross-reference with character sheets to know which city, since not everyone is starting their posts with that information, but it's usually pretty straight forward (unless people start getting confused and teleport around. Can't help you with that!). I think I'll start adding a little location blurb to the start of my posts to help with that :) Especially once we start having multiple characters per person.

Well from what I read most chars are in a house or something. I can't make my char arge into stranger's homes

It worked for Thalice. She did, and got work in one of the most diverse gardens in Blue River.

Reactions: Radio Jelly
Would anyone want to rp with my char Lilith? She's in Sapphire City atm but she can go somewhere else if needed
I'm thinking about submitting a character and I don't really know how to do this. But I can try to RP w/ you if you want.

Sounds good to me Lily

And I'm not gonna let my char run into someone's home like that. She is already weird looking <.<

A quick question, since it's getting to be time to start thinking about additional characters - why is woodworking not an option for an occupation in Kruvaria? I feel as though woodworking is a type of art the same way that pottery and sewing are.

Alright, done! Did my best with making the prices for random items seem right.

There is nothing I want more right now than to just zoom down there and adopt Vr'ak so people won't be so mean to him and abuse him :O I think my heart broke a little reading your post just now. While I'm in there editing his gold, I'm going to add on paycheques for everyone with a job since it's PAYDAY TODAY whoop.

And fishy, I hadn't thought about woodworking being in Kruvaria. I'll go and add that. Are you making a woodworker?

There is nothing I want more right now than to just zoom down there and adopt Vr'ak so people won't be so mean to him and abuse him :O I think my heart broke a little reading your post just now. While I'm in there editing his gold, I'm going to add on paycheques for everyone with a job since it's PAYDAY TODAY whoop.

And fishy, I hadn't thought about woodworking being in Kruvaria. I'll go and add that. Are you making a woodworker?
I know, right? :c YAY PAYDAY... for everyone else. xD

∋-- Poppy --∈
DOB: July 12
Species: Human

Orientation: Closeted Lesbian
Home city: Blue River
Physical Description:
2prdaa9.jpg

Personality traits: Poppy prefers reading and gardening to interaction with actual human beings, which is fortunate because she lacks the proper social skills and confidence to make friends easily. To the few friends she does have, Poppy is overly supportive and open minded to the point of encouraging her friends even when they are wrong. She despises traditions and hard rules thinking that they create a sense of oppression.
History/bio: Coming from faraway lands, at a young age Poppy was forced to study herbs and potions in order to help in her father's medicine shop. Her family was very dogmatic and strict, forcing her to work long hours with little time to have fun or socialize. Finally when she was 15 Poppy ran away in hopes of finding a place where she can simply live a peaceful life without anyone ordering her around. She wandered around for a while before getting a place in Blue River.
Skills/abilities: Poppy's main skill is her potion and medicine making. She has a vast knowledge of herbs and their properties and picked up a little bit of nature magic while on the run, but only enough to be able to tell people she's a caster. Poppy also knows how to cook.
Other: Poppy loves forests and being in nature and her favorite animal is a bird.

OOC: I've never actually done this before so... there might be some problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm not gonna be around much with Christmas coming up! Hopefully that'll be okay. Let me know if there's a minimum amount I need to post to stay in the rp. :)

Hey guys, I'm not gonna be around much with Christmas coming up! Hopefully that'll be okay. Let me know if there's a minimum amount I need to post to stay in the rp. :)
It's fine, I'll be gone for an entire week during Christmas. There is no minimum amount.

And btw guys, I know the cast list is broken right now. I decided to try something new since the spoilers required a LOT of scrolling and looked kind of messy, but apparently the tabs aren't working? I'm trying to fix it, so don't mind the alert spam any of you watching the resource will get. If anyone has any bbcode advice on how to make this work, I'm all ears...

@LoliNinja if you look at the map on the first page of the roleplay, Sapphire City is on the big island in the middle and Sunset City is across the ocean on the large landmass to the left. It'd be pretty difficult to get to Sunset city from where you are right now :D

Of course, you could always hire a ship to take you to Sunset City! Just roleplay a short journey (and pay the boat fee from your character's gold) and you're there ^^

I agree with the Vr'ak, i thought that if my character would've been in same shop at that time, it would've propably end up pretty messy :P

Status
Not open for further replies.