The Kingdom of Astaeron (Sign-ups always open!)

I'm not complaining, sorry if it sounded that way lol :) If you want to change it go ahead, it's YOUR character after all ^_^

Name: Esther Rommel
Species: Human
Physical Description:
5'7" and fit with no distinguishing features and lightly-tanned skin, Esther could hide easily in most crowds. She wears a simple dull-green dress, deer-hide shoes, and a brown hooded cloak that reaches to her knees. The hood remains down unless it is raining.
Personality:
Esther is driven, but not malicious. Destruction is her fate, her duty, her calling. Sometimes she feels trapped, angry, or inhuman, but she remains focused. Chaos will come, and the world will suffer.

Bio/History:
Esther was born into a line of enchantresses. Her mother was Priscilla Eucles, the daughter of an enchantress and a merchant in the East. Priscilla died trying to bring Esther's brother into the world. It was too soon, there were complications, magic couldn't help...they both died. Esther had only been six.

Esther's father was Marku Rommel, a genial forester. He had a cottage among the trees. There was a cottage neighboring their own, about a quarter-mile nearer the town. There lived the Therim family, with their daughter Eliza who was a year younger than Esther. Neither girl could read the common tongue, but they knew their names sounded alike, and had great fun with that. For six years, the girls were close companions, from playing at nobility to catching their first rabbits. Then there was a fire. How it started was unknown, but Eliza's cottage burned to the ground, with she and her mother inside. Eliza's father vanished soon afterward. Esther had been eleven.

Before Priscilla had died, she had taught her daughter a few of the simplest markings from her books, and Esther tried to piece together more from what she had been taught. She learned more from her father, though. Marku taught Esther the ways of the woods, which plants could heal and which to avoid. He showed her how to trap an animal and kill it with a simple slit. The lessons ended when six men arrived at their cottage, rough men and deserters. They went though the place, taking what they wanted. One made a move for Esther, and Marku told her to run. She ran. When she got back, the men were gone, the house was a mess, and her father lay on the floor, unconscious and bleeding from the head. Despite Esther's efforts, he did not recover, and she buried him within a week. Esther had been fifteen.

Esther tried to live as her father had, by trapping and selling meat and hides in the town. Her father had gotten along well with everyone and often received more than his goods were worth, but he had neglected to teach Esther how to haggle, and the merchants mocked the awkward girl, giving her little for her work. One evening, after a particularly rough day, Esther knelt by her father's grave and cried. "Everyone I love is taken from me," she said, "and everything I do fails." She looked up and shouted, "The world is against me!" She paused, then whispered with a strange strength, "Or maybe...I'm against the world.

That was the turning point for Esther. If the world had made her an enemy, an enemy she would be. She gathered ingredients, slipped them and a book into the hidden pockets of her traveling cloak, and left home to sow destruction. First, she poisoned the town well. But that was unsatisfying. Making a few people ill was not a blow to the world. Her mother could have cursed the well, throwing the town into an insanity that would frighten the whole region. But Esther's magic was weak. She considered how she might accomplish much with a single blow, and determined to focus on leaders. Remove leaders and anarchy would ensue. Enough chaos and the world would destroy itself, or at least change so drastically that it wasn't the same world. That's what Esther wanted.

Picture:
kx9ONej.png

Have you read the glass and do you agree to follow them?: Yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Oh, wow, that's an intense bio there, and a lovely picture. Also, I see what you did ;) You're in, welcome!

Reactions: AAB
Name:
Haruka Kurosawa

Species:
Half Yokai

Physical Description:

Haruka is average of height, neither being too tall nor too short for a girl her age. She has a slight tan, though still edges towards being pale of complexion. Haruka has always had a somewhat boyish body built, though has started developing more prominent curves around her hip area. Her chest, however, is and will probably forever remain rather flat- and she is very slender, though not so much that one would think she is underweight. Dark raven hair and a slightly messy fringe frame her face, reaching no further than to about her shoulders. On either side of her head some of her hair is slightly longer, and she usually keeps them tied up. Haruka's eyes are dark gray, edging towards black, and compliment her dark hair and fair complexion well. The clothes she wears vary from situation to situation, though she usually makes sure that they are light and easy to move in. She always wears a white scar tucked around her shoulders.

Personality:
Haruka is incredibly clumsy by nature. Despite all her efforts, she simply manages to mess up nearly every attempt on anything she does, just because of this. Not that she is easily disheartened, and despite her constant failures she is dead set on simply working harder, in hopes of that one day things will go her way. As you might have noticed, she is rather optimistic and hard working. However, even if she somehow get past the clumsiness, Haruka probably still wouldn't make a good assassin. She is far too compassionate, and the thought of killing, despite what she might say, terrifies her. She also has a very weak spot for cute things, and is easily distracted... not to forget the fact that she is a little naive and gullible. Yes, Haruka certainly has a long way to go if she ever wants to return to her family.

Bio/History:
The Kurosawa family has a centuries old lineage of assassins. Their dark history is covered in the blood of their enemies and targets, telling tales of the 'demons' in the dark. Where they come from their name is feared, rumors of inhuman creatures stalking their victims in the dead of the night, killing without mercy, taking life's like gods of death. Indeed, the name Kurosawa has always brought a look of terror to their eyes.

As such, a lot has always been expected from Haruka- the third and youngest daughter of the Kurosawa head assassin. Even if she didn't have nearly as much weight resting on her shoulders as her older siblings, the pressure put on her was nevertheless harsh, almost suffocating to the young girl. No matter how hard she tried, however, it was impossible for Haruka to meet everyone's expectations. Due to her clumsy nature, she failed nearly every mission she was sent on, bringing shame upon the Kurosawa family name. She trained for hours on end, did her very best and always worked hard to achieve her goals... everything to get her fathers affection- a smile, anything and if just once... and yet all she ever got to hear was how useless she was. Indeed, Haruka was considered the black sheep, a disgrace of the Kurosawa family.

When she still hadn't manage to go through her first assassination at the age of sixteen (which is pretty unusual for her clan), and after an incident that nearly endangered the entire clan... Haruka came to the harsh realization that she was nothing but a burden to the people she loves. So with a sword in hand and only the clothes she was wearing to go with her, Haruka left the village in the dead of the night. She swore that she would make herself useful, that she would train until she was strong and finally could face her family with pride again.

And so Haruka left on a journey, traveling from kingdom to kingdom in hopes to gain experience and improving. However... it hasn't been going very well. When she can't even hunt rabbits for dinner without feeling guilty, how in the world is she expecting to become an assassin?

Other details:
She loves sweets and pastries.
She loves cute animals and people.
She likes climbing on roof tops.
She hates messing up.
Her yokai side does grant her a few abilities, although she is terrible at controlling them.

Picture:
44208490_m.jpg 44220703_m.jpg

Have you read the rules and do you agree to follow them?:
Glassy! Of course I do. X)

Last edited:
Name: Tom Tildrum
Age: Unknown, his human form looks as though he's somewhere in his twenties
Species: Cait Sìth
Physical Description: A young man with dark hair, golden eyes, and…the ears and tail of a cat. Around 5'9 in height, Tom is neither particularly muscular or scrawny and tends to dress in simple yet elegant clothing. In his cat form Tom looks exactly the same as a normal cat; he has the same golden eyes as in his human form and his fur is completely black except for a white patch on his breast. He wears a red bandana around his neck in both his cat and his human form.
Personality: Tom is extremely laid-back and does things at his own pace but is also exceedingly selfish, he rarely thinks of others unless it suits him. Despite this he is still quite charming on occasion and is fairly amiable, enjoying the company of others. He's the sort of person to see strangers as friends he just hasn't met yet, although he still has a foul temper when angered so it's recommended not to get on the wrong side of him.
Bio/History: Tom is a drifter who has been travelling for many years now with no aim or destination in mind and never spending too long in one place. Now his wanderings have brought him to Astaeron, although how long he's planning to stay and whether he'll cause any trouble before he leaves is up for debate.
Other details: He can change between his human and cat forms at will but it requires a certain amount of energy so if he is exhausted or gravely wounded it's likely that he won't be able to transform.
Picture (if you have one):
.Axis..full.339667.jpg

I do, but only if I can get a glass of milk for the kitty.

Of course you can have a glass of milk for the kitty! I love kitties...welcome!!

Name: Ghaurl Halidon

Physical Description: Ghaurl stands at 5'9" and weighs roughly 160 pounds. He bears a long scar on his left tendon from nasty fall on a sharp rock, while also having callused feet and fingers from wear trying to evade bandits and patrols alike. He isn't extremely muscular but stout and flexible from "living off of the land". Shows extreme speed and endurance. Has ability to use minimal magic due to lack of training in the subject.

Bio/History: Ghaurl Halidon was born to Janice and Harper Halidon whom were nomads. They survived through hunting of animals and a small farm that they had procured on their travels. They wrote notes of their hunting and farming tricks in a small notebook, which hosted a variety of stories that had been passed down from nomads before them. After Ghaurl was born, they decided to settle, for a child would put them all in danger if they continued to move as they did. However, their food supplies were not ample, due to frequent bandit raids and lack of prey in the mountains. His parents had passed away when he was 15 from undernourishment. He soon moved from the mountains and into the Dark Woods, hunting anything that moved, human and animal alike, for both would try to kill him. 2 years after he moved into the woods, he had nearly tore his left tendon from chasing an elk through the woods and falling down a ravine onto the large rocks below, producing a large gash there that later turned into a scar. Taking it as a sign to resign from hunting for a few years, he wandered, using his parent's pocketbook as a sort of guide, learning of gathering methods, and self-defense methods, staying in the woods for another 5 years until traveling into a vast area of death and destruction, where battles are rampant and bodies are common. It was here he found a roving patrol of men from Astaeron, roughly 50 men or so, defending the lines from potential invaders. He didn't necessarily join them, but stuck by them, slowly improving his close combat skills, picking up spoils of war from the would-be invaders. Longbows, Axes, crossbows, halberds, pole arms and the like. It was more than he could carry. 3 months after his initial "joining", something went wrong. A large force of bandits had conglomerated before them, hundreds to thousands of robbers and highwaymen, headed toward somewhere, someone. The small patrol deployed themselves to confront the force; Sending a small detachment to the city, while the rest, Ghaurl included, to fend off the horde. A slaughter to say the least, as Ghaurl fell, he could only watch as each soldier fell victim to a highwayman's blade, finally slumping into a hole in the ground and falling unconscious.

As for his personality, Ghaurl is more of a run down type of person, having his little jokes to himself to keep going on. He doesn't stop trying even when he knows he's going to fail, tending to overlook key details in things that would otherwise benefit him.

Other details:
-Enhanced Hunting and Farming skills
-Knowledge of Herbs and Spices
-Sword and Axe fighting style,
-Dislikes Banana's

Inventory contains
1x Family guidebook
1x Steel Hatchet
1x Torn Leather Armor

male_peasant_by_dashinvaine-d6wxli8.jpg
Have you read the rules and do you agree to follow them?: Yesh. I got me a lime in the coconut tree. Which happens to be made of glass. wat.\

*edit* TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES. TURTLES COUNTIN' OFF 1 2 3 4

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in, welcome ^_^
Edit: Unless I'm missing something, having read through the bio, he moved to the woods when he was 15, stayed for two years and then an additional five years before finding the knights, which would put him at 22, so did the events of his bio happen nine years ago or did I simply miss something in my reading?

Last edited:
You're in, welcome ^_^
Edit: Unless I'm missing something, having read through the bio, he moved to the woods when he was 15, stayed for two years and then an additional five years before finding the knights, which would put him at 22, so did the events of his bio happen nine years ago or did I simply miss something in my reading?

Whoops. I was actually planning to make that where I started to rp. Curse my really bad math.

That's my mistake on my part. I'll correct it now.

Alright, I'm glad I asked about it then!

Name: Arius LaVari

Species: Demon of Death

Physical Description: She's short at 5'2, and her hair is very long when straight, it's more often than not in curls that rest on her shoulders. She wears black more often than not and her eyes are a luminescent green that glows in the dark, so more often than not she'll have her eyes narrowed or closed to hide the glow. She's pale even though she doesn't mind the sunlight. Black ribbons, dresses, and bows are often what she wears, though she has many different styles of dresses they are all pitch black.

Personality:

• Strict
  • Quiet
  • Stubborn
  • Anger Issues
  • Short Tempered
  • A little Violent
  • Shy (When first meeting others)
  • Fiercely Loyal
  • Kind once you get to know her

Bio/History: Arius had been a human at one time; or thought she had been a human anyway, even though her eyes were eerily bright. When she came of age 5 years ago at 18 she was confused and went insane disappearing into The Dark Woods for the past five years, she discovered many strange things there including the weapon that she bears with her at all times. It was a mystery as to what she had found inside the woods but when she had returned to the main kingdom she needed work and a home.

Her history before her coming of age is a blur to her, though she knows it was a happy life that she led with her mother and father who shared Arius' glowing green eyes. Growing up in the Kingdom of Astaeron she'd had many friends but when she had turned 18 her personality had flipped completely around. It may have also had to do with whatever she had found in The Dark Woods. Her history before the woods isn't all that important though if anyone asks her about The Dark Woods she usually gets very angry and violent with them even.

Other details: She bares a Scythe of black that always seems to scream of death and destruction, it interferes with her personality, though it's not a split personality. She's just a little bipolar and the Scythe doesn't help.

Picture: AriusLaVari (2).jpg

Have you read the rules and do you agree to follow them?: Yes, and Glass.

Did you draw your own character? I can't help but notice that though they are different, your character is very similar to your profile picture - or are they both pictures of the same character from an anime or something like that? Just curious :) You're in though, welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here ^_^

Did you draw your own character? I can't help but notice that though they are different, your character is very similar to your profile picture - or are they both pictures of the same character from an anime or something like that? Just curious :) You're in though, welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here ^_^
If I could draw that well...I think I would be much happier. XD I cannot draw that well she's from an anime, but yeah I've been wanting to use her for awhile...this offers the perfect chance~ so I'm free to post now?

Yes, you're free to post to your heart's content ^_^ and I know that feeling, I'm always utterly amazed and somewhat baffled by people who can draw well... lol

Name: Christopher Poulsen
Species: Human (Cursed)
Physical Description: A young boy who stands at five feet six inches, appears to weigh around at the least one hundred and thirty pounds. He has black eyes and his once blonde hair has turned white due to the curse taking hold over him. His attire appears to be that of blue robes that fit him nicely, underneath the robes is a white shirt and brown pants.
Personality: Christopher acts like a young boy would. He is polite and respectful towards others, kind and generous to strangers. The one thing he can't tolerate though are the criminal types, mainly due to what happened to him in the past.
Bio/History: This is the story of Christopher Poulsen, a boy who isn't a legend, not even a legendary warrior, but a hero to his family. Our story actually takes place one hundred and twenty years ago, it may seem strange, but this is how our story begins. Christopher was born into a normal life, a normal family, always watching the heroes and legends as role models as they passed by, going off on some great journey. Christopher always told his family of how he wished to go off and make his own legend one day, become a hero like so many others.

One night however, on Christopher's thirteenth birthday, their home was broken into by a group of thugs. They broke everything they found in sight, smashing and keeping Christopher's family hostage as they forced his father to tell them where his treasure was. Forced to hand it over to save his family, it was a beautiful blue gem on a necklace. Taking it for themselves, they rode off into the night, leaving the family with nothing but sorrow. The morning didn't help either, and not being able to take it anymore, Christopher races off after the men to get the treasure back.

It took Christopher three days to track them down, but when he did, the leader of the thugs just laughed at him. Christopher demanded the stone back from him, but the thugs continued to laugh Christopher rushed in and tackled the thug, struggling to take the necklace from his grasp. The two fought for control as the others tried to pull Christopher off, until the necklace broke and the gem stuck itself in Christopher's chest. The thugs ran away and Christopher's family found him, but upon seeing the gem stuck in his chest, the family weeped as they took him home. Christopher was now cursed by the gem.

After a week, Christopher's condition got worse as Christopher's hair began to whiten and he grew more pale by the day. Christopher's father took Christopher on a last horse ride together, riding as far away from home before Christopher was shown a secret spot, a large rock with a chunk missing out of it could be seen, looking blue like the gem. Christopher was placed in the rock as Christopher's father said his goodbye in tears, before Christopher could shout his father's name, the stone covered over Christopher and sealed him inside, placing him in a sleep that would keep him in the state he was until the day someone would break the seal. It has been one hundred and twenty years since, Christopher has continued to sleep. When the day he will awaken cannot be said.
Other details: Christopher Poulsen is said to have a strange blue gem embedded in the middle of his chest, normally it cannot be seen unless it glows.
Picture:
all-for-killua-killua-zoldyck-30396637-225-340.jpg

Putting down a glass window right here and now. Also yes. - Thundor

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Karine Silkborne
Species: Human (Mage)

Physical Description:
Slightly above average for a woman, Karine stands 5' 6" and inhabits a willowy figure offset by feet that are too large and shoulders that are too broad. Her arms are well muscled but the rest of her body is soft. She wears her long dark hair either down or in braids and her bangs are cut to frame her blue-grey eyes. Her skin is an unhealthy looking pale dotted with freckles, and dark circles usually dominate her oval face. Her nose and cheeks will often appear pink, but in a less than healthy way. She rarely smiles with her thin lips. Karine burns before she tans, if she tans at all. Her hands are criss-crossed with raised white scars which, while unsightly, do not impede her work. She dresses in simple but fine apparel of her own creation, often spelled to keep others from noticing her. She prefers blues, browns, and greens with embroidery of the same color on the cloth. Every once in a while she cannot resist making a frivolous garment for herself, but she admires them much more often than she wears them.

Personality:
When one first meets Karine, they are likely to be put off by her. Though she shows a kind facade to customers, she is often unfriendly to strangers and less than willing to converse with them unless she is sure of their motives. She finds it hard to trust others, often questioning people and over-thinking their actions and words, even when there is no deeper meaning to realize. Being reserved, she is unlikely to start a conversation. Her overall lack of friends and companions as a result of this fails to bother her, as she is a very independent person who finds it easy to fend for herself. She is unlikely to ask for help until she is in a mess so twisted there is little hope of escaping undamaged. On the positive side, once Karine trusts someone she is incredibly protective of them. Two people come to mind while discussing this aspect of Karine--one being her brother Gunnar, and the other her teacher Lenara Wovenearth. Both have earned Karine's protection, as far as she is concerned, and she will do anything to help them if the need arises. She is also incredibly hard working, putting paying customers before her sleep and health. She can also become immersed in a personal project and will not stray from her task until it is complete. Karine is also as honest as business people come, and will not cheat anyone in a sale or misrepresent her products.

Bio/History:
Karine was born and spent her childhood in the far distant city of Lorwick, a shopkeeper's daughter and the oldest of four children. All of her siblings were boys. She was barely six when she began to work in her father's shop, which sold herbs and other inexpensive items used in traditional magical workings. Though dedicated to her parents and having grown up in a positive home environment, Karine had a small rebellious streak. She could often be found distracted from her work by the dresses of noble ladies on the street, or found in a clothier's shop after one of her common disappearances. Her parents began to grow angry with her lack of discipline, simply wanting her to make a good marriage to another shopkeeper's son. As there was little magic in her family, the possibility that magic was the reason for her strange obsessions was not explored.

After years of frustrating childhood, Karine had a chance encounter with a mage while visiting the grand market with her family. At age twelve her magic was discovered by a woman who sold clothing bespelled for protection at the market when Karine snuck into her booth to examine her wares. Lenara Wovenearth became her instructor after explaining Karine's magic to her family. They were reluctant to let her study with the stranger, but given time to think they realized that Karine's magic had been present all along and needed to be trained. It had never occurred to them that she might be better than a shopkeeper's wife, and they were happy for her change in station. For eight years Karine traveled with Lenara and expanded her power. Though she found roadblocks within her abilities, she is a mage with a good amount of strength, though she will never be great.

At the age of twenty Karine returned to Lorwick to find that her childhood home had been sold after her parents died of natural causes. Her brothers were scattered throughout the city, and only one had remained respectable, the youngest. She took fourteen-year-old Gunnar in and purchased a house with the money she had earned selling her spelled garments as well as regular clothing she created that were of the finest quality. For over two years they lived happily, and Karine was able to find Gunnar a good apprenticeship as a tanner, his knowledge of leather helping her expand her learning and creations even further. When rumors began to spread vilifying mages (by those who were jealous of their power) she sent Gunnar to live with the tanner he apprenticed for and sold her house, as many knew of her status as a mage. She considered leaving Lorwick, but could not bring herself to abandon the only family she had left. Instead, she went to work for a regular tailor, creating garments without spell work and living in a boarding house to appear inconspicuous.

Unfortunately she could not keep up the charade forever, as power demands to be used. Her magic was discovered by a man named Icarus Bluff, an assassin disguised as a inn-keeper's assistant, while she was working on spelled tablecloths for his master. After he outed her to Lorwick's government Karine was forced to leave the city and her brother behind or face imprisonment and possible execution. She recalled the Kingdom of Astaeron from her travels with Lenara Wovenearth, and knowing that it was a place friendly to mages she decided to travel there.

Other details:
Karine is a tailor mage. She can easily spin any kind of fiber and weave any kind of thread to produce the finest quality cloth. Garments and other items she creates can be spelled for almost anything, from protection to invisibility to the inability to wrinkle. The limitations of this aspect of her power are that she cannot make cloth act as another material [such as being hard like metal], she cannot make it feel heavier or lighter than it is to the bearer, and she cannot make things bigger on the inside than they appear. In addition, any embroidery or fine needlework Karine does is beautiful, but just for show. She must lay spells on cloth during its weaving or the mundane sewing that creates the garment or item. She can manipulate cloth from a short [about 10 foot] distance, fraying hems or magically sewing things. If something is sewn magically it will come undone when it leaves Karine's influence. Finally, when touching a garment that has been worn or an item that has been carried by a person, she can sense some of the emotions they felt while in possession of the cloth, or, if touching someone's sleeve, she can sense their current emotions. She cannot stop this from happening, and prefers not to handle other's cloth possessions. Due to learning from her brother, she has some knowledge of and can work with leather even though it is not cloth.

jzcllx.jpg

*Puts on glasses* I can see them clearly now. (:

Both accepted! ^^

Haha thanks Gladis :). I'll add them to the list now

Time for Kyo to join the fray.

Name: Kyo
Physical Description: Kyo is a little behind in her growth, weighing 63 pounds and standing at almost 4 foot. She is very slim, and refuses to wear proper attire. Oftentimes she wears boy clothes because of their greater mobility, though she can be persuaded to wear a dress on occasion. She has beautiful red eyes and long pink hair, both marks of her bloodline.
Personality: Kyo is very self-reliant for her age, and makes it a point to make sure nobody looks down on her. This often means taking on tasks beyond her capacity, and inevitably crashing. Also, although she acts tough, she mainly does so to avoid dealing with past hardship. Kyo is loyal, hard-working, and friendly, though sometimes struggles with tact. She is still very young, so she hasn't matured in a lot of ways.
Bio/History: Kyo grew up in a highly privileged background, as she would grow up to become the next head magician to serve her kingdom. Even from an early age, she was groomed for this role. She received lessons in magic, divinity, politics, tactics, survival, and courtroom etiquette. She lived a happy and healthy first nine years of her life, surrounded by a loving family, adored by the townsfolk; however, it didn't last. Just five days after Kyo's birthday, her family was targeted by a group of assassins. Kyo was protected, but at the cost of her mother and father's life. This marked the beginning of a war with a neighboring country, and Kyo fled the country. She had no money, but with her training, she managed to live off the land. It was rough for her, as some days she would fall ill, get attacked, or not find anything to eat. Even still, with perseverance, she made the journey to Astaeron. She hopes to be able to rest at least momentarily after the harsh journey.
Magical Abilities: Kyo has power over the ghost element, a powerful hybrid magic between life and wind magic. This magic includes use of both the lesser forms(life and wind). The ghost element can invoke a sense of terror, and can cause opponents to see things that don't exist. Beyond just harassing the minds of opponents, the ghost element can be used to cause actual harm through the illusions it produces. Using ghost magic vastly changes Kyo's personality, and it is very stressful on her young body, so she uses it sparingly.
3b36507c-22a8-4712-ba6e-d38208a4a24a_zpsd680615a.jpg

Have you read the rules and do you agree to follow them?:Glass