The Kingdom of Astaeron [OOC]

Would they command an army of corpses or do they already have a standing army.

That would work. If you write up a nice description for a Dark Wizard Tower or whatever their lair is, Gladis could add it to the locations.

Okay, I finally finished another IC post that alluded to what I was talking about before.

Theoretically, this is what it means.

Ghaurl finds one of the Highwayman whom is near dead whom is tracking down Kyo from her kingdom, which was the same invaders that attacked their kingdom. The patrol (which Ghaurl was with) was eradicated trying to protect the Kingdom from the congregation, leaving Ghaurl as the only survivor on that side. Ghaurl takes some armor from the invader army and takes the highwayman with him, unbeknowingst that he is tracking down Kyo for the Highwayman.

Theoretically of course.

That would work. If you write up a nice description for a Dark Wizard Tower or whatever their lair is, Gladis could add it to the locations.
Alright, do you want information in here? I can put up the info at anytime.

Okay, I finally finished another IC post that alluded to what I was talking about before.

Theoretically, this is what it means.

Ghaurl finds one of the Highwayman whom is near dead whom is tracking down Kyo from her kingdom, which was the same invaders that attacked their kingdom. The patrol (which Ghaurl was with) was eradicated trying to protect the Kingdom from the congregation, leaving Ghaurl as the only survivor on that side. Ghaurl takes some armor from the invader army and takes the highwayman with him, unbeknowingst that he is tracking down Kyo for the Highwayman.

Theoretically of course.
Vat a twist!

• Thank You
Reactions: Novus
Alright, do you want information in here? I can put up the info at anytime.
Yeah, sure, either post it here or PM it to Gladis. Make sure if you PM it to specify that I said it was alright :P

This thread is getting popular quickly. I'm curious, how many players do you plan on managing?

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Tee hee. If the number of people start getting to the point where it's hard for Arianna to handle them alone, I will work out a network of nobles who will have the power to sell homes and appoint jobs - kind of like a set of moderators for the RPG with myself and Gladis being the administrators. That way I'll have people to handle stuff when I'm busy, offline, or away. Also, it will make it easier for newcomers because they will have multiple people they could go and visit for help.

Alright, I shall post it in here for all to see. Since this is intended for anyone to use, so here you go. Tell me what you think when you see it.

~ The Dark Wizard's Guild. ~
History: The Dark Wizard's Guild has been around for centuries, lurking in the shadows, always cunning, always performing some dark ritual, always worshiping their dark lord. But it was not always this way, for hundreds of years ago, this dark lord was once a noble prince to an unknown kingdom, though many have forgotten this. This prince had the looks of a god, the respect of his citizens and even used things like honor and respect. When the time came for him to take the throne, an old man claimed he was not ready for the throne and challenged him to a duel. The duel was great, but short-lived, for the prince lost and the elderly man cast a nasty spell upon him. The prince was transformed, and as their kingdom fell, so did his humanity. Although time has turned this into a tale of caution now, for those who know the truth, they know the tragedy behind the truth.

Having lost everything in his life, the fallen prince grew angry and his power rose with it. But he did not have the courage back then to burn whatever was in his path, and so he secluded himself away. Moving underground, the fallen prince called out to those who thought of defiance, arrogance and many more feelings. "I call for aid in this dark time. My heart is now black and pulsates with the heat of a dragon's flame to it. Though my humanity was taken from me, I shall not deny access to those who wish to join, but you must be ready to throw away your former life to join. For I will lead a new Guild, one which shall be known from this day forth as The Dark Wizard's Guild. Be you of flesh, scales, fur or otherwise, you are welcome to join, so long as you obey my Three Rules."

Ever since, the Dark Wizard's Guild has existed, there are members who are infamous and notorious for their deeds, then there are others who lurk in the shadows, or perhaps they are simply weak or new and hide behind the backs of others.

Location: Underground Cavern. This underground cavern lies beneath our very feet, though not directly under it. It is said that a cave exists somewhere hidden, be it in a forest, a mountain or even a volcano is unknown. But it is said for those who wish to find it, they need only to wait until the moon is bright in the sky, and follow the men with flame lit in their palms with no candles. They shall lead you the way, although you may not return. This underground system is a home to it's inhabitants and it's dark master, but a dangerous death trap for intruders. The underground cavern has many traps to it, many tricks and many paths. Finding the way you wish to go will not be easy unless you are a member.

Deep within the cavern is a large, spacious place where on a moon-lit night, members old and new gather to perform a Dark Ritual, and looming within the dark background shall be the dark one himself. It is unknown why they do this, though many have their theories. Some say it is to offer sacrifice to the dark master himself, so that he may continue to remain in power and watch over the Guild. Others say it is to give the members strength so that they may continue to be in power. Others say it is simply for fun, a reminder of the dark life they now lead.

Three Rules: A quick thing to know about the Guild is that no matter what they may do, they follow the Three Rules like unspoken laws. It is said some members have come to teach others about the Three Rules above all else when entering. The Three Rules are as follows: Never turn on your own members, no matter how sinister you are, your fellow guild members are like your new family, and spilling their blood is like spilling your own kin's. Immediate punishment is said to follow for whoever break this rule, although there have been at times exceptions to the rule, though they are better off unspoken.

Outsiders are forbidden, no matter who you wish to bring inside, the underground system is considered to be s a sacred place and to bring someone who is not a member is considered heresy to the eyes of the dark one. The punishment for this is immediate imprisonment, it is unknown if there are exceptions to this rule. Even new members initiations are not held inside the underground system. And finally, embrace the dark. To not embrace the dark is to hold doubt for your place in the guild and is said to bring shame to those around you. Although there is no great punishment for this, the dark one frowns greatly and has made it a rule if only to test his own members, and to not obey this rule is said to make you an outcast among your own family.

The Fallen One: Known mainly by this title, he is referred to by many names and titles, though none but himself know his true name. The leader of the guild and worshiped like a god to many, it is said he never comes up to the surface anymore, for he is ashamed of what he has become and embraces that. A powerful magical being, it is said that he never ages, and some believe he is doomed to suffer by being unable to die, cursed to burn for what happened to him long ago. There is a rumor that some may challenge the Fallen One if they wish for something his Guild has taken away. However, losing will come at an equal price for what you requested. A note, it is known not to ask him for his life or for his Guild to be taken down, for reasons unknown of course. (I don't know if you want him to be an NPC or if you want me to make a profile for him later on, or if you want me to make a sheet for him later on just for information's sake. But I do hope I'll be able to play the character himself, for whenever he appears. He's intended to not really appear that often, or even speak or do much in terms of fighting.)

On an OOC note, if there are any questions anyone has about this Guild, or something you feel I did not cover, feel free to ask and I shall answer them when I have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, that's interesting.

One question though. Why did the kingdom fall? Surely he another to take his place did he not?

Also, wouldn't the people be able to manage their own land?

Ooh, that's interesting.

One question though. Why did the kingdom fall? Surely he another to take his place did he not?

Also, wouldn't the people be able to manage their own land?
Hm, don't know if I should of put that in the history or not, since it was about the Guild mainly and such. But basically, the kingdom fell due to invasions and such. Other's saw a chance when the prince had the spell put on him, some say that by losing the duel, he brought shame and a curse upon his family. Weird things began to befall on the royal family, the sons were mainly killed trying to defend their family and kingdom, the daughters died due to sickness, it's debatable how the Queen died. But to sum it up, things got bad fast and the Kingdom couldn't handle all of it, especially losing the royal family like that.

Ah, so it seems that they were heavily reliant on the royal family then.

Spent some time playing around with WorldPainter...this was the end result

landscapeterrain.png

To the North we see the Rumbly mountains...stone and snow, and pretty awesome if you ask me. In the middle is some regular plains, which would include the city amidst the empty space. It's flat so that if I go into the world I can build a majestic city. The East has the Sunny Forest, which is just your regular forest biome. The West is a roofed forest for the Dark Woods. South has a beach and an ocean.

Dang. The things people can do with just a computer now. Lol. It looks cool.