The King of Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bio and personality are still pretty rough, especially since I was half-awake at the time, so I'll be polishing them though out the evening after any PMs.

UPDATE: Bio and Personality have been updated. Good to go here.

Last edited:
Ok I've added the accepted chars to the OP, including Casket who is pretty much accepted after that PM. Due to RL stuff Tsu probably won't be joining us so we'll be starting with 5 once Terra and Kal (those lazybums) get their CSes up (they're promising by tonight, don't trust them, I never do). Once they do I'll start on the IC. You guys will all be starting in a small village near the coast of Crest Lilidan together. You won't have been together long, but a local university has grouped you up and told you to explore the coast looking for signs of plague, they're expecting it soon. So think about a) how you got to a Crest Lilidan Uni and b) how your char feels about the others in the group after a few days with them. Since Serah will be a little late his char will probably be off following a Flame Knight who happened to be in the area or something similar. Just generically reference their disappearance if you need to. That's about all for now, hopefully we can start tomorrow morn :D

• Love
Reactions: a touch of dread
d6j3cVJ.png

mtg_thrabenvaliant.jpg

Name: Jaynia Thince
Personality: Jaded, cynical, gets tired or irked around the hopeful or blind of faith. Not good with seeing those in pain, usually has to leave the area. What's a doctor not doing healing the injured? She's become less inclined to reveal her healing ability. At the very most, she'll give physical aid. Why? She says she'll get into more trouble healing a fool than turning a blind eye. Is it true? Perhaps in her perception.

Class: Doctor
Chaos Weapon: Whip ←→ Hook
Within the whip handle there is a hook-like sharp stored. Press a button to cause the hook to fall out, then grab the opposite end of the whip. Like a sort of grappling hook to latch onto things. The end of the whip has a tiny sharp, and that sharp is used to secure the thin part of the whip that's wrapped around her arm when using the hook form.
Magic: Wire, Healing
Other Equipment: Dissection Kit, Aid Kit, Simple Knife

Bio: "What's it to you?"

Trivia: Ed's Fraternal Twin

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Doughguy
IC is up!
@Voltin @Kal @Zeraj @CasketCase @TerraBooma

Feel free to make up and visit whatever generic stall you wish. Most of the stalls are selling food or knick knacky things like charms from the gods. Nothing that would be of much use to you guys. Points of interest are the market, the lord's manor and the inns. Feel free to explore and establish your char in town. Zeraj's char will join when he's back.

A post will likely be up soon so we aren't waiting too long. That way Zeraj can come back to a new round of posting (unless they have time and wants to post beforehand). And Kal has gone MIA for now but I know she's busy so it's not too bad at the start (and I know she wouldn't want to hold everyone up). So it'll probably be up in less than a day.

As I've been asked it twice so far I should probably mention it here, the money system is 100 coppers -> 1 silver, 10 silvers -> 1 gold. Peasants will be dealing exclusively in coppers.

• Love
Reactions: a touch of dread
My fellow roleplayer(s),

After an unexpected turn of events, I am unable to continue roleplaying at this time. I do not wish to go into detail about it, and I regret to say that it is not something I can avoid. I really did have wonderful plans for this roleplay, and I had every intention of staying active and putting my full participation into it. In fact, I was absolutely excited for every roleplay that I created/participated in. However, reality is that not everything can always go as planned, and that is my current situation. I do not know when I will return, but it will be a long time. More than just a few weeks. I am truly sorry for causing any of you inconvenience, as that is not my intention. I hope you can understand, and I wish all of you the best of luck in your creative endeavors. If this little letter of mine seems a bit impersonal, it is because I am having to make the announcement in many different places--both to individuals and to groups. For those participating in a roleplay of my own creation, I apologize for letting you down as GM. If anyone wishes to take the idea and create their own little world out of it, I give you full permission. For those I am simply participating with, I apologize for letting you down as a roleplayer, especially if the roleplay was gaining ground that it might now lose. Please accept my apologies, and I hope to see you all again at some point.

Sincerely,
Kim

Doing it now.

Would you guys prefer me to use coloured text for speech or are you fine with everything one colour?

EDIT: IC post is up. Some notes about the world. Its rare for there to be a gap of 2 years between each plague and the peasants will always cease on this as a sign the plague is gone for god. Gotta keep their hopes up. And a reminder that all magic is considered the product of chaos and anyone but a hunter practicing it will be looked upon with suspicion.

Last edited:
So I'm so used to doing innate magic RPs I didn't actually say how magic works. Magic is cast mentally with small hand gestures to direct the energy. Each spell consists of a mental 'construct' that is the idea of the spell. It may be as simple as a shape for the more straightforward spells, but more intricate ones might be an entire scene. For people experienced in using magic forming the constructs they know is simple and can be done without much thought. Learning how to form the constructs is a skill in itself (that you magic users will all have) that makes learning new spells easier. Teaching spells can be tricky as the construct must be explained in enough detail for the other person to picture it clearly. A gesture, such as a pointed finger or sweeping arm, then directs the spell after release.

Ok that's done. Now, how is everyone's posts coming?

I was waiting on Terra, seeing as how Ed's approach was much more favorable to Rio's... :P

Haha. Same here. Kinda waiting on how Casketcase is going to respond to my character following him. My characters pretty loud when he walks. Lots of metal clinking.

Also is a fist a good enough to activate magic? Like driving a fist towards something and just exploding heat and flames.

She's getting what she wants, whether it be his way or hers, so there's little reason for her to snap... xD
Rio's getting cranky from the lack of monster dissections thus far. >:3

She's getting what she wants, whether it be his way or hers, so there's little reason for her to snap... xD
Rio's getting cranky from the lack of monster dissections thus far. >:3
What about if I give her a human dissection? XD

Also Casket is gonna be busy for a few days so we'll be a bit slow till they're back.

Last edited:
Hullo there! I hope my sudden intrusion is not about to be met with grim riposte.

I decided to poke my head around these listings and found a most wondrously dark and bloody theme among these pages here. And to great relief, I find that it is in fact quite bloody and dark, having been inspired by a franchise who shares this as its namesake. Thusly, I shall introduce myself, the Master of Ceremonies in training, for I wish to join in your frolicking through the dense and gory thickets that is the Miasma Plague. Let it be a jolly co-operation!

Also, nobody talks like this. I'm just feeling cheeky ^~^

Status
Not open for further replies.