The King of Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow why haven't I seen this earlier. I totally want to join up.

Also I have a question concerning elemental magic. You said magic has a support role. Does this mean something like setting things on fire, shocking them to stun momentarily, or creating flashes of light to blind them? Is the magic creating these elements or merely working them in reality such as shooting fireballs from my hand vs utilizing a source of fire from a torch?

Another thing about chaos weapons. Does each country forge them? Or do they just exist or appear throughout the mainland? Is their a group of hunters or craftsmen that specialize in creating them? Or is that something we have to find out?

• Useful
Reactions: a touch of dread
In terms of magic, its a support as in, you can't use it as your primary offensive power. You can still use weak fireballs or lightning bolts. Or you can enchant your blade with fire or shock an enemy to stun them momentarily. The magic will create the elements when you cast the spells. I hsa a wide variety of uses but a low level of power.

In terms of the chaos weapons, they're just built by blacksmiths who have the skill to do so. Not every one can create them but Hunters are seen as an important part of a nation's survival so a good portion of blacksmiths learn how to craft them. They're purely mechanical and mundane. You could go to a learned blacksmith and buy twenty of them if you wished.

Does Merkath's Order of flame have hunters or is their Knights considered hunters? Because I'm interested in making my character one.

Does Merkath's Order of flame have hunters or is their Knights considered hunters? Because I'm interested in making my character one.
The knight are a separate order to the Hunters. They're like the Tyranny's elite soldiers. Your char could definitely be someone who is working as a Hunter to improve their skills to join the Order one day though.

[FIELDBOX="The Man who Burns, orange, solid"]

Name: Jacob Cuvier

Jacob has intense green eyes. The lower half of his face is charred slightly. He often wears something over his mouth to help filter through the smoke, but also to hide his shame.

Personality: Jacob is an intense person. He takes everything he cares for with severity and passion. Anything else he couldn't care less about. He is a man who is constantly putting himself in danger in order to redeem himself. His zealous focus on his duty is unrivaled. There is little mercy within him when it comes to doing what needs to be done. He is a man who loves his nation and hates his enemies. Like fire he will burn brightly or be completely burnt out.

Bio: It began with fire. His home. His family. They were just ash now. Jacob was the sole survivor. It was obvious who had done it. It was no beast. Nothing of the plague that ravaged the land lately. It was done by the hands of men. Men who exploited the chaos caused by the plague. They were criminals and murderers to Jacob, and to others they were called hunters. They had no right to burn and slay his entire family. Infection had not even reached that part of the Feldi. The hunters were worse than any beast that the plague could conjure, wielding power meant to save for destruction.

And so Jacob saw his family burn. There was no saving them, but he tried anyway. All that was left was only scars and a burning desire. He was young then, helpless and unable to do much. He would later learn.

The mockeries of hunters did more harm than good. He had seen so much wrong done. It seemed the the hunters were driven by Herenis for their cruelty knew no bounds. However, there seemed to be hope in the form of the Order of the Flame. They were proud men of Feldi, wielders of fire and strongest of them all. They had the strength to protect, the power to uphold the law, but best of all the honor to do what was right. These ideals of the knights was what drove Jacob. They shone above the depravities of the hunters. It became his purpose, but to enter the order too difficult for one of his age. They were veterans of many battles. Their initiations were secretive and rumored to be unobtainable to those who have not achieved greatness.

So Jacob became a hunter of beast to learn their trade so that one day he may find and redeem his weakness. He almost died the very first hunt. If it wasn't for an experienced cutter. His fire would have been extinguished that very moment. The man was called Yervin. He was Merkath but he wasn't as bad as Jacob was brought up to believe. Yervin fought for nobler purposes it seems. He was kind and took Jacob as a sort of cutter apprentice. He was the calm storm to Jacob's raging flames.

Training was brutal, but Jacob bore through it all. His fire could not be quenched by physical harm or mental strain. Yervin didn't know that much about fire, but he taught Jacob the basics. Fire became Jacob's weapon and his ally. What once haunted his every nightmare would now aid him in the killing of beasts. Jacob, however, became too obsessed with the flames. Yervin had to stop him multiple times before he could set alight the forest or even the towns. It was a difficult relationship, but they grew to respect and become friends.

But good things never lasted for Jacob. Yervin died and once again Jacob was powerless to save even his mentor. Jacob had now some means to realize a part of his ambitions, but he needed to hone it further. Sharper and sharper. Until it was a single point like a lance. One that will pierce through his failures and rend them apart, revealing someone that actually could protect what he loves. There was still much more to be done: infected to cleanse, plagues to stop, and men to kill. Then he may be worthy to take up the mantle of Knight of The Flame.

Class: Cutter
Chaos Weapon: A lance that blossoms open into a razor edged shield. His main attack his charging his lance into something and transforming it, causing the weapon to rend open his enemy. He may follow up with igniting everything with fire.
Armour: Jacob wears half plate which mainly covers his chest, neck, mouth, and left arm.
Magic: Elemental - FIRE
Other Equipment: An offhand sword to pair with his shield or used if the lance is too unwieldy for the situation. He also carries jars of flammable liquids.
Trivia: He is a bit of a pyromaniac.

[/FIELDBOX]

Last edited:
I'll get around to reading it tomorrow Zeraj, headaches OP :(

@Zeraj Most of your CS is fine, the main problems is the bio. The Feldi takeover occurred a little less than two centuries ago, they are thoroughly in control of the country at this point. The current Tyrant is a Feldin descendent and the Order of the Flame are under his control, they aren't men of Merkath. They do protect the Feldi, but the Merkath have learned to hate them. I feel like his current personality could still fit if you made him a Feldin who wanted to join the Order to protect the Feldi and his people's new homeland.

After rereading what I wrote I can see how the Order sounded like a Merkath group and not a Feldi group, editing that now.

He also wouldn't have entered an actual Hunter School, no one in the RP will have the skills to have been invited to one (at least at the start of the RP). An easy change for that is to have him learn under an experienced Cutter who has a sort of training group, similar to how a school would operate, only less advanced teaching.

If you change those things (and what I wrote are only suggestions, you don't have to change the bio to include those things exactly) I can accept him.

I was suspecting something like that. I'll get those changes done at some point tonight.

Name: Rio Marsues

Personality: Rio is a rather stoic and lethargic, if a tad boorish, when it comes to people. Her interest in social workings is roughly much lower than tertiary to that of the inner-workings of the world and that of the workings of Chaos. When it comes to either of the former, and to people with much the same the interest, she becomes rather excitable and energetic; the complete opposite of what most come to expect from her. Because of this, she has a hard time staying in one place and is often swept up in both wanderlust and the lust for knowledge.

Bio: Rio, perhaps fittingly and paradoxically not given her current ways, was born in the Kingdom of Rstan. She wasn't much for the fragile peace of her native people, and so began to travel not much after her fifteenth birthday. After nine years of zigzagging through the continent, the girl had found herself in the heart of the Kel'Zan Theocracy. Finding herself brushing elbows with the priests and doctors that lived there, and her curiosity further and further piqued each day, she found herself staying; working while studying to become a Doctor in the surprisingly affordable education system. She was there for fur years; exploiting the extended three years in the school's system and another just to learn what she could outside of it.

After that, she spent the entirety of the past year, wandering yet again. Occasionally lending her services to the wayward band of Cutters, and other times just taking in the sights; even in the most inhospitable of areas. Perhaps it is due to this wandering nature of hers that she is well versed in the culture of the various nations of the world -- the long away Memory Empire being the only habituated place she had yet to travel to -- despite not being much of a butterfly that socializes, and is more than just your average survivalist.

Class: Doctor
Chaos Weapon: Uses a single handed axe-like club; an instrument used to break bone and knock her opponents unconscious. It's alternate form is that of a crossbow; the former "tip" of the bludgeon rotating and becoming the sights and drawstring.
Armour: Rio wears a cured suit of fur armor under a set of conservative black robes.
Magic: Healing
Other Equipment:
  • A kit for mixing poison
  • Another kit for dissecting corpses
  • Rope of indeterminable length, tied around like a sash

Trivia: After a long time of living in the Theocracy, she has become rather physically built. Has plenty of male and female admirers despite her wandering ways because of this, and is often mistaken as a native to Kel'Zan. Also due to her time in Kel'Zan, she has a bit of a pious streak; commonly worshiping both Delquious and Tennerben almost to an exclusion of the other two.

Last edited:
Because I suck at tagging and Im not sure you can edit in a tag, @Tsu how's your CS coming?

If you're still looking for players, I'd definitely be interested in joining. Still contemplating what type of trick weapon to use, but I should be able to remedy that problem soon enough.

If you're still looking for players, I'd definitely be interested in joining. Still contemplating what type of trick weapon to use, but I should be able to remedy that problem soon enough.
Still looking yup, put up a sheet once you figure out your weapon :D

@TerraBooma *taps foot and looks at clock impatiently* XD

Okay I've done the edit to my character.I couldn't get to it because I was busy preparing. Also I won't be able to post at all starting tomorrow, because I'll be going to the Anime Expo in California. I won't be bringing my laptop. So if the rp starts my character will have to join later. I should be back next Monday.

Ok looks good Zeraj, accepted now. And that should be ok, I'll figure out a way to work your char in once you're back.

Name: Haima Durante​
Personality
To look upon him was to know, either through hardship during his life or some act of cruelty by the gods, that something was wrong. Was it because he spoke to himself? Or maybe it was his childish behavior and curiosity that possessed him to constantly wander to and fro? Perhaps it is how he becomes a different person in combat?

No matter how broken a man can be, a lifetime of experience killing men does not simply wash away. Especially when he derives a certain joy when faced with the challenges that come with the beasts produced by the plague.

Bio
Once upon a time, he was a proud soldier of the Hurudian Republic. Ignorant of the world outside of his country's borders, he was content to be a cog in the wheel that was the republic and kill those who sought to threaten its ideals. It was all he had, after all; his family had been all but died out and the only skills he had were those of the battlefield. Most of Haima's life was spent on the borderlands of his homeland, raiding enemy camps and fighting off any intruders who sought the same, unaware of the life others led thanks to his sacrifices . To his superiors, he was efficient in his duties, yet he would forever lack the one defining victory that would elevate him above a mere foot soldier. Still, he had no complaints of his lot in life.

Then, he mysteriously disappeared one night.

It appeared that his squadron had ran afoul some bad luck to the enemies, and while several bits of evidence suggested something more than a mere skirmish had occurred, report would state that nothing was out of the ordinary. Listed as M.I.A. when his corpse was not found among the others, the same indifference that had labeled this as a skirmish simply chose to declare Haima Durante dead in the end.

Imagine their surprise when he proved them wrong.

Years after that night, he, or rather, someone claiming to be him suddenly appeared along a group of hunters passing through. His features were hidden underneath a dark cloak and bizarre mask, his posture hunched over, and his behavior were a far cry from the man he once was. Those who recognized the name this man called himself would find their questions unanswered as the group he traveled with departed for parts unknown. Whoever he was, impostor or not, he had heard the call of the hunt.

Class: Cutter
Chaos Weapon: Durante's Axe - A curious axe whose head has a slanted bill and curved handle with a chain kept on by its pommel. While a brutal weapon on its own, like any Chaos Weapon, it can transform. Due in part to a hinge located between the handle and head, the former can be folded behind the latter and locked into place by a notch at the top of the head. In this form, the weapon becomes a guillotine blade that be thrown as a projectile and called back by the chain on its handle.
Armour: While not visible due in part to his cloak, Haima wears the traditional leather garb of a hunter, preferring mobility and his skill to keep him from harm the stead of armor plating.
Magic:
Other Equipment: Several throwing knives of various origin, a basic medical kit, and a bottle of sedative.
Trivia: Possesses an unhealthy amount of hatred for someone, or something, named "Patches".

Last edited:
Your char is looking good so far Casket, though I may need to PM you to talk about that bio haha. Also I forgot to mention earlier, and its turned out well now cause I can include Casket in this, everyone's chaos weapons so far are very inventive and I love them all, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.