The Keepers (Marvel Cinematic Universe + Time Travel)

O

OppositeInverse

Original poster

Time. It is the most precious thing we have. You can amass the most money in the world and walk as a Tony Stark among the people. You could ascertain a plethora of power and resources as the now known nation of Wakanda and the feared Black Panther. You could have as many friends, or as many flings as you desired. But money can be lost and regained, as well as power, and friends and love... but time. Once time passes, it is lost. You cannot regain the precious seconds of your life that have now been shoved into a constant stream into the universe. Time is the most valuable currency in the universe when it is all said and done. And for some, that know beyond the bounds of conventional reality, they know that that very currency, can indeed be utilized all the same. Maybe not regained back, but it can be bent to manipulate the stream. And for a very select few, that essence will not only be in their hands, but along with it, the tides of fate and ripples of destiny. There exists beings and entities beyond the scope of Earth, and even beyond the scope of the unknown, and soon all will be revealed in a call to the light, to protect the state of reality and fate itself by one means. Time. But, with the unveiling of things unknown, and the wake of a threat that could literally rip apart reality itself, will this chosen few rise? Or will they be lost to a time in which may never even be realized?

This is an interest check for a custom team of Marvel heroes and anti-heroes called The Keepers, who will engage in adventures of time traveling throughout the MCU in covert and sometimes strategic operations to set forth events along the timeline that will preserve and protect Earth (and indirectly the universe) from the brink of being wiped and destroyed from reality. That's right, the team will be using the properties of time to shift through the unknown variants of the MCU to right a course in preparation for a great catastrophe (marvel fans will likely know what event I'm referring to), and not only that, the team will be using none other than... you guessed it! AN INFINITY STONE! The Eye of Agamotto, the Time Stone. Our team will be the reason that Agamotto creates the Eye to contain the power of the Time Stone, but until then... where was the Time Stone before that? That's where our team comes in, using the infinity stone to travel time and engage in missions and duties of the universe. Think a Marvel version of Legends of Tomorrow or even a gritty version of Doctor Who. They will combine their unique skills and/or powers to save the day all throughout the history of the timeline. Sounds to good to be true right? The power to use an Infinity Stone!? Well, here's the catch...

This is a custom team, which means any and every marvel character in the comics are available for adaptation !except! the characters who have in one way or another been introduced, adapted, teased, or alluded to in any Marvel movie and TV Show. For the sake of manipulating time and being open to new timelines and ventures I'm also including all Fox and Sony movies and shows as well (seeing how Marvel has made deals with them both to create one large shared universe.) So that means some character favorites and popular characters you'd like to play won't be up for grabs. But that does give you a chance to explore the slate of characters you could use. I myself am also very knowledgeable of B-list and below Marvel characters, so if anyone wants to do this but has a hard time thinking of a character come to me! Also, and I have to make this clear. NO OC's allowed. I've had too many times where people have promised not to mary/gary sue and lied IC. Also, note and remember before hand that I have the final say on characters and their power slate, if I feel someone will abuse power IC I won't approve it, that being said I'm pretty open minded and willing to adapt characters into the RP. I will be playing an enhanced named Sylvia the Sorceress from the comics, with a nice little MCU twist on it for plot purposes. I don't need a ton of people, maybe at least 4 to start off. If more come then I'll find a slot for them.

Any questions/concerns PM or respond! Depending on the amount of interest will determine when/if I'll get the OOC and CS up soon. Happy hunting! ^_^

List of some preferred roles/characters [These are just suggestions, not obligatory!]

• Nova (Richard Rider or Sam Alexander, also provides a nice Guardians of the Galaxy tie in)
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
  • Namor/Namora
  • Stingray
  • Forge
  • She-Hulk (has to be done right)
  • Morbius

Reactions: Cush Almighty
What, no flyer for me ?

I am interested and have a character in mind.

• Love
Reactions: OppositeInverse
I'm down.

I know you said no character that is currently in the spot light but what about different dimensions? Like I'd love to do Ben Riley Scarlet spider

What, no flyer for me ?

I am interested and have a character in mind.
Like who? :)

I'm down.

I know you said no character that is currently in the spot light but what about different dimensions? Like I'd love to do Ben Riley Scarlet spider
Sorry no can do it's still an iteration of Spidey. We're doing different timelines for now.

Reactions: Kurogane86
My long time favorite is Hercules.

I've been wanting to play America Chavez for awhile.

Like who? :)

Sorry no can do it's still an iteration of Spidey. We're doing different timelines for now.

Ok, little disappointed but I'll take a deep dive into my Marvel b list hero memory and find some on.

Ok, little disappointed but I'll take a deep dive into my Marvel b list hero memory and find some on.
How about Anole or Junta? They can wallcrawl as well as have very cool abilities.

How about Justin Seyfert and his Sentinel?
Yeah that would be fine! Since the MCU hasn't introduced the X-Men yer perhaps the Sentinel chip Juston finds it literally a one of kind Sentinel program protoype thrown out after a government incident? You can make up the rest. The group will need a techie / smartie in the group as well.

Reactions: Kurogane86
I've been wanting to play America Chavez for awhile.
When I thought she was just a Lesbian Latina version of Cap... boy was I wrong. She is crazy powerful! She can create portals like Blink, strength like Superman, annnnd fast on Quicksilver's level! If that wasn't enough she can fly. Sheesh. In the comics she's from an alternate dimension so for the MCU we can just put her from a future timeline in a secret community called Utopia. Feel free to make her a mutant, Inhuman, or just got her powers from a variant of Cap's serum. It's up to you how you want to adapt her story.

Yeah that would be fine! Since the MCU hasn't introduced the X-Men yer perhaps the Sentinel chip Juston finds it literally a one of kind Sentinel program protoype thrown out after a government incident? You can make up the rest. The group will need a techie / smartie in the group as well.
Consider it done

When I thought she was just a Lesbian Latina version of Cap... boy was I wrong. She is crazy powerful! She can create portals like Blink, strength like Superman, annnnd fast on Quicksilver's level! If that wasn't enough she can fly. Sheesh. In the comics she's from an alternate dimension so for the MCU we can just put her from a future timeline in a secret community called Utopia. Feel free to make her a mutant, Inhuman, or just got her powers from a variant of Cap's serum. It's up to you how you want to adapt her story.
Cool, i plan to nerf her powel level somewhat. I never really put her in supes or QS level but i could be wrong.

This is what America Chavez looks on the flawed marvel power grid.

Power Grid [63]
Intelligence 3
Strength 5
Speed 3
Durability 6
Energy Projection 5
Fighting Skills 4

The trick with her is the extraordinary range of powers she has.

here is Hercules on the same chart

Intelligence 4
Strength 7
Speed 5
Durability 7
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Skills 7

The stats, flawed as they are run from 1-7

This is what America Chavez looks on the flawed marvel power grid.

Power Grid [63]
Intelligence 3
Strength 5
Speed 3
Durability 6
Energy Projection 5
Fighting Skills 4

The trick with her is the extraordinary range of powers she has.

here is Hercules on the same chart

Intelligence 4
Strength 7
Speed 5
Durability 7
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Skills 7

The stats, flawed as they are run from 1-7
I don't ever go by the charts, Comic Vine has the most authentic description of powers because they use actual comic instances to showcase how strong they are. Hercules is literally the strongest being in the marvel universe physically, he can lift upwards of 60,000 tons and not even strain himself. I used Comic Vine for Miss America as well.

Can I play Franklin Richards or the Beyonder

Do you include Villains in your list of playable characters?

Anyway, I'm thinking along the line of Daimon Hellstrom, Doctor Voodoo, Agent Venom or Shatterstar. I'm also quite partial to Moon Knight but he'd be a bitch to play with this mental state.

Can I play Franklin Richards or the Beyonder

Do you include Villains in your list of playable characters?

Anyway, I'm thinking along the line of Daimon Hellstrom, Doctor Voodoo, Agent Venom or Shatterstar. I'm also quite partial to Moon Knight but he'd be a bitch to play with this mental state.
The first two people you named are wayyyyy too OP lol. And Venom is getting a movie this year allegedly following the Agent storyline, Shatterstar will be in Deadpool 2.

Dr. Voodoo seems like a really cool pick