The Jessop Society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King

I read it in the paper so it must be true.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm an afternoon and 1am poster lmao
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
- Horror
- Paranormal
- Supernatural
- Biblical
- Sci Fi
- World War I II
- Roman / Greek
- 80s / 90s
- Romance
- Occult

tumblr_nl83v1k7jw1qlz1v3o1_500.jpg
"It'll take us 15 minutes extra, max. I just need some tree pictures for this art project."
"Okay, Fine man."

CLICK.

CLICK.

"I really need to fill up my film. Shake?"
"Isn't it dead expensive-- woah, what the fuck?"
"What?"
"Look at the pictures, Tyler."
"No way..."

tumblr_n4100gZmsQ1sm9pw2o1_500.jpg

-
That was the moment when Tyler and his friend decided to show the police. After lack of interest, they took it upon themselves to get answers. They collected the scientists, journalists and enthusiasts of their friends to start their own society. the society was named shortly after it was formed as the 'Jessop Society', named after the 1950's investigator Jessica Jessop.

The group have been together since May 1995. Now, during their summer, the Jessop Society are on their way to discovering the deep secrets of the world. But, when they dig deeper, do they get more than they bargained for?

Setting:
1995, Nevada, America.
July - Summer Break.
[spoili]
tumblr_nj9r320UcV1sson2so1_500.jpg

tumblr_nr1f69tjjZ1usytqwo1_540.jpg

[/spoili]

Rules:
All Iwaku rules apply.
This is a RP about friends, but fights are possible, but keep it PG-13.
Romance is possible so keep sex outta the IC.
Don't be a dick OOC.
Two/one characters each, please!
This is about the paranormal. Keep it mysterious and a little spooky!
Expect things about aliens and conspiracy, but also demons, ghosts and crime.

Characters:
Name // Role // Player
Courtney Allen // Investigator // King
Tyler-Lee Masons // Photographer // King
Jacqueline "Jackie" Mason // Journalist // Dreamever
Christopher King // Archivist // Dreamever
Lyle James Dubois // Audio and Video Tech // Jess Buck
Jessica Christine Torres // Investigator // Jess Buck
Cassia Jay Morelli // Know-it-all // Cwolf

Charater Sheet:

Character Image: [Please use RL face claim, or a detailed description!]
Name:
Sexuality:
Grade:

Personality:

Interests:
Role in Society:
Other:

tumblr_nsx95py2RY1sh05g3o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
W I P

~〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉~

489633_1288032715366_313_470.jpg

Name: Courtney Allen
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Grade: 12

tumblr_mbynqsOl431qdm9llo1_500.gif

Personality:
|| Bitchy || Patronizing || Brave || Curious || Intelligent ||

tumblr_m8gr3gSkpd1qdm9llo3_500.gif

Interests:
Physics - Courtney wants to be a physicist when she's older. Her interest lies in astrophysics, and can tell you anything about the solar system if you asked.
Computers - Ever since she was little, Courtney has been taking electronics apart and putting together again. She knows her way around a desktop.
UFOs - She believes strongly in aliens on earth. She's constantly watching the sky for stars, but UFOs. She's one of Jessica Jessop's biggest fans.

Role in Society:
Investigator - Courtney is one of the people who goes out to the places to find evidence, or surfing the internet for information. She also spends a lot of time with the librarians to give her books on their topics.

Other:

tumblr_mea91duRFs1qdm9llo1_500.gif

~〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉~

~〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉~

tumblr_mnduehwS2u1r7542lo2_400.jpg

Name: Tyler-Lee Masons
Sexuality: Questioning
Grade: 12

tumblr_npnjwg10fo1u5en8po1_500.gif

Personality:
|| Sarcastic || Kind || Quiet || Creative || Skeptic ||

tumblr_m0e32iiunC1qhjmm4o1_500.gif

Interests:
Δ Photography - Tyler wants to be a photographer. He was with his good friend when they first took the UFO picture, and now spends a lot of his time pointing cameras at things.
Δ Morbidity - Most people find this a little odd, but Tyler has always been morbid. His interest lies in ghost stories, murder mysteries and anything that gives you goosebumps.
Δ Video Games - If he's not out, he's inside blasting the heads of monsters or finding his way out of a virtual maze.

Role in Society:
Δ Photographer - Being one of the first people in the society, Tyler is the one to tag about to take the photos.

Other:
~ Tyler is one of the more skeptic members of the group, but it doesn't stop him from being so curious.
~ Tyler is struggling with bullying in his high school, a lot of the boys won't leave him alone after they began bullying him, thinking he was gay.

tumblr_mla6f2Fhas1rz4sfeo1_500.gif

~〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉〈◊〉~

tumblr_loy6rk1yg21qhqme4o1_500.gif

Name:
Jacqueline "Jackie" Mason
Sexuality:
Straight
Grade:
bow_page_divider_by_geora-d610exa.png

Personality:
Snarky / Stubborn / Tenacious / Open Minded / Hot Headed

Interests:
Ghosts - Her interest in ghosts started when she was ten and she briefly stayed with her grandmother. While she was there, objects seemed to just disappear or switch places without anyone even touching them. Her grandmother said it was because of earthquake tremors, but Jackie wasn't convinced.
Conspiracy Theories - Jackie has never been a fan of the government and their actions, but not being one of them, she knows nothing of the reasons behind their actions and takes it upon herself to analyze them.
Creative Writing- Jackie loves writing stories and can most often be seen carrying around blank notebooks for any story ideas, she thinks of. She also likes writing strongly worded letters to state representatives and government officials about things she doesn't approve of.
Pet Fashion - Jackie has three cats and one dog that are always donned in her clothing creations. She's always been interested in making pets look cuter, so she's usually creating an outfit in her spare time.
Animal Rights - Jackie is also a supporter of animal rights and will often go to rallies, create petitions or try to stage protests. (She does not appreciate when her brothers or peers tell her that her pet fashions violate animal rights)

Role in Society:
Journalist
Other:
Jackie always wears bows. It's her trademark and she gets offended when other people who weren't wearing bows previously, start to wear them.

tumblr_inline_my4lkn9KKW1sqodm2.gif

Name:
Christopher King
Sexuality:
Gay (Openly)
Grade:
Senior
star_divider_gold_by_toxicestea-d4fsnk2.png

Personality:
Cocky // Optimistic // Knowledgeable // Humorous // Blunt

Interests:
Aliens - Ever since the day of his 'accident', Christopher has searched for the alien ship that he saw. He believes that if not for his unwanted visitors, he would have been abducted.
Cultists - Christopher has always been interested in cults that worship demons or the devil (or both!) he is fascinated by their rituals and desires to understand their reasons for believing what they do.
Magic - Maybe it's his childhood innocence that never quite left, but Christopher has always believed that there was magic in the world. He just thinks that humans aren't worthy enough to obtain it.
Role in Society: Co-Founder and Archivist
star_divider_gold_by_toxicestea-d4fsnk2.png

Other:
When Christopher was thirteen, he was in his uncle's cornfield sketching for a big project, when a group of neighborhood boys who had always bullied him for hanging with girls, assaulted him. They beat him mercilessly and when Christopher's uncle found him, he was unconscious. The next day when he woke up at the hospital, he had lost the use of his legs and a nasty 'message' concerning Christopher's sexual orientation, had been spray painted on the side of his uncle's barn.

After all of this had been relayed to Christopher, the teenager smiled and said, "Well at least I don't have to go through all that awkward 'I'm gay' stuff, huh?"
- -
When Christopher was being beat up, he saw flashing lights and what he believed to be an alien ship in the sky nearby and believes that if those guys never came he would have been abducted and given the chance to study alien life.
- -
Christopher uses a wheelchair and usually stays at the club base, but will occasionally go out into the 'field.'

Last edited:
Reserving my spot, will have CS up tonight or sometime tomorrow~

Reactions: King
tumblr_loy6rk1yg21qhqme4o1_500.gif

Jackie:
Jacqueline "Jackie" Mason
Sexuality:
Straight
Grade:

Personality:
Snarky / Stubborn / Tenacious / Open Minded /Hot Headed

Interests:
Ghosts - Her interest in ghosts started when she was ten and she briefly stayed with her grandmother. While she was there, objects seemed to just disappear or switch places without anyone even touching them. Her grandmother said it was because of earthquake tremors, but Jackie wasn't convinced.
Conspiracy Theories - Jackie has never been a fan of the government and their actions, but not being one of them, she knows nothing of the reasons behind their actions and takes it upon herself to analyze them.
Creative Writing- Jackie loves writing stories and can most often be seen carrying around blank notebooks for any story ideas, she thinks of. She also likes writing strongly worded letters to state representatives and government officials about things she doesn't approve of.
Pet Fashion - Jackie has three cats and one dog that are always donned in her clothing creations. She's always been interested in making pets look cuter, so she's usually creating an outfit in her spare time.
Animal Rights - Jackie is also a supporter of animal rights and will often go to rallies, create petitions or try to stage protests. (She does not appreciate when her brothers or peers tell her that her pet fashions violate animal rights)

Role in Society:
Journalist
Other:
Jackie always wears bows. It's her trademark and she gets offended when other people who weren't wearing bows previously, start to wear them.
Wow, I love her, shes super cute! Accepted~

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
tumblr_nsly7qSPkn1qjzpelo1_400.jpg

Name:
Jessica Christine Torres
Sexuality:
Lesbian
Grade:
Personality:
Jessica is extremely friendly and kind. She is nice to literally everyone, unless you give her a reason not to be. She loves to make friends and talk to those friends. However, she struggles with Monachopsis, which is the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place. She describes it as half of her brain saying that she doesn't belong and no one wants her around but the other half saying that she's having fun and she's with people who are her friends and whom she loves. This happens most often at party like events so she normally stays away from those type of situations. But other than that she's absolutely the best person to be around. She's fun, funny, outgoing, and loving.
Interests:
Preforming: Jessica loves to preform. Weather it be singing, dancing, acting, anything.
2. Ghosts: Jessica has always been a spiritual person and has always believed in ghosts
Role in Society:
On site Investigator

346e02517dfa80473381ae56fd480f0e.jpg

Name:
Lyle James Dubois
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Grade:
Personality:
Lyle is very cocky. He's arrogant and full of himself, however he's love-able. He has been described as a "Love-able asshole". He's outgoing but he'll only talk to you if he thinks you're worth his time. However, if he does find you worth his time, he becomes fond of you very quickly and he is very over protective. He will fight anyone who crosses him or his friends. He's prone to violence and anger but only if he's provoked by others.
Interests:
Computers: Despite Lyle's bad boy reputation, he's extremely smart and loves all things computers
2. Romantic Comedies: Lyle is the biggest hopeless romantic ever. He likes to keep up appearances though so no one knows about his guilty pleasure
Role in Society:
Audio and Visual Tech​

Okay I'm being lame and stupid because I don't usually do/watch/read these types of plots. But what kind of other roles are in the society (not taken by other RPers)? >.>'

tumblr_nsly7qSPkn1qjzpelo1_400.jpg

Name:
Jessica Christine Torres
Sexuality:
Lesbian
Grade:
Personality:
Jessica is extremely friendly and kind. She is nice to literally everyone, unless you give her a reason not to be. She loves to make friends and talk to those friends. However, she struggles with Monachopsis, which is the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place. She describes it as half of her brain saying that she doesn't belong and no one wants her around but the other half saying that she's having fun and she's with people who are her friends and whom she loves. This happens most often at party like events so she normally stays away from those type of situations. But other than that she's absolutely the best person to be around. She's fun, funny, outgoing, and loving.
Interests:
Preforming: Jessica loves to preform. Weather it be singing, dancing, acting, anything.
2. Ghosts: Jessica has always been a spiritual person and has always believed in ghosts
Role in Society:
On site Investigator

346e02517dfa80473381ae56fd480f0e.jpg

Name:
Lyle James Dubois
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Grade:
Personality:
Lyle is very cocky. He's arrogant and full of himself, however he's love-able. He has been described as a "Love-able asshole". He's outgoing but he'll only talk to you if he thinks you're worth his time. However, if he does find you worth his time, he becomes fond of you very quickly and he is very over protective. He will fight anyone who crosses him or his friends. He's prone to violence and anger but only if he's provoked by others.
Interests:
Computers: Despite Lyle's bad boy reputation, he's extremely smart and loves all things computers
2. Romantic Comedies: Lyle is the biggest hopeless romantic ever. He likes to keep up appearances though so no one knows about his guilty pleasure
Role in Society:
Audio and Visual Tech​

Awesome! I really love them both! 8D Accepted~

Okay I'm being lame and stupid because I don't usually do/watch/read these types of plots. But what kind of other roles are in the society (not taken by other RPers)? >.>'

Forensic/Chemistry - I think we could use a person to collect samples of things and use the school labs after school to find out what chemicals are there?

Maybe Biology interests, or an enthusiast about UFOs/conspiracy would also be really cool!

Idk man, get creative with it~

Also another note for anyone who wants to - I need somebody to be Tyler's close friend to be the 'founder' of the group along with him, any takers?:B

Awesome! I really love them both! 8D Accepted~

Forensic/Chemistry - I think we could use a person to collect samples of things and use the school labs after school to find out what chemicals are there?

Maybe Biology interests, or an enthusiast about UFOs/conspiracy would also be really cool!

Idk man, get creative with it~

Also another note for anyone who wants to - I need somebody to be Tyler's close friend to be the 'founder' of the group along with him, any takers?:B
I'm about to make a male character that could be the co founder and friend. ^_^

I'm about to make a male character that could be the co founder and friend. ^_^

Sure! Sounds rad! 8D they're gonna have to be the one Tyler took everywhere on his photography trips lmao xD

Sure! Sounds rad! 8D they're gonna have to be the one Tyler took everywhere on his photography trips lmao xD
Okay I finished him! He's in my first post. Would he have known Tyler since they were younger?

-WIP-
(things subject to be added, tweaked, and/or changed completely)

20130324115150170.jpg

Name:
Cassia Jay Morelli

Sexuality:
Undecided, but generally uninterested

Grade:
12th

Personality:
- Enthusiastic - Headstrong - Competitive - Reckless -

Interests:

♢ All things "weird and wonderful" -
Many would describe Cassia as a weirdo, or a geek, due to her profound obsession for the anomalous and paranormal. Whether myths, scifi books, or crazy conspiracy theories - if it explores the unusual, Cassia is not only extremely interested, there is a strong possibility she's an expert on it.

♢ History -
Cassia believes one can't find the truth if they haven't studied the past, and her lifelong love of history is what eventually led to her obsession with "the weird and wonderful".

♢ Piano -
Everyone needs a way to unwind after a long day of homework and conspiracy theories. For Cassia, that's where her piano comes in.

Role in Society:

♢ Self-Proclaimed Know-it-All ♢
Cassia is always eager for hands on work. She loves to get involved in the cases, whether that be by visiting the scene, or gathering information from home. More so, however, she considers herself a great source of knowledge for the rest of the team. She's always been an enthusiast when it came to the paranormal, and feels she's an invaluable resource for the rest of the society.

Other:

Cassia would describe herself as a tomboy, and generally isn't all that interested in fashion, makeup, or other things girls are more expected to be.

Cassia was never able to understand that others didn't find the paranormal as interesting as her, which led to teasing. Most notable of the teasing was her childhood nickname Casper (after Casper the Friendly Ghost), which she was given due to both this love of the paranormal, and its close similarity to her own name. Though the nickname was beginning to die down in the past year or so, the recent release of the movie of the same name has brought it back with a vengeance.

♢-♢-♢-♢-♢

Character Image: [Please use RL face claim, or a detailed description!]
Name:
Sexuality:
Grade:

Personality:

Interests:
Role in Society:
Other:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: King
Okay I finished him! He's in my first post. Would he have known Tyler since they were younger?
Ahh I love him! He's accepted!

I think they could bond over the gay bullying they both went/are going through. That would be rad c:

Finished Cassia's bio. Planning on putting up one for a boy character once I finish my homework for the night.

If there's still room, I'd love to join!

Sure! To keep the group small, I'd really prefer it if you did one character!

Finished Cassia's bio. Planning on putting up one for a boy character once I finish my homework for the night.

Omg, I love her! She's accepted! And sure thing!

I'll have my character up tonight before the site closes for tomorrow!

HEY GUYS!

Im gonna on the IC for this and my other RP, so please poke me when your character is done, I'll be posting it soon!:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.