The Iwakuvians Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The use of black and red and how it contrasts in the first piece in fantastic. Great use of depth with how the blood runs along the clavicle. You also draw hair exceptionally well. It looks vivid. It's not just lines running in a somewhat organized manner. There's depth there, you can see how it reacts to the hand placement and maintains a sort of unrefined beauty to the whole feel. Differences in line work between the hair and the bird makes it easy to tell the two apart as well, even though you're using the same color set.

Great stuff.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Thank you so, Cosmic. I do my best, truly do <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your line work and your inking skills. You have quite the flair for hair. The airbrushing, though, I'm not so sure about. I feel like you're covering up all those lovely lines. It might be the coloring style; maybe a more watercolor type look would fit better. I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Overall, though, your stuff is niiiiiice.

I love your line work and your inking skills. You have quite the flair for hair. The airbrushing, though, I'm not so sure about. I feel like you're covering up all those lovely lines. It might be the coloring style; maybe a more watercolor type look would fit better. I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Overall, though, your stuff is niiiiiice.

I know exactly what you are saying, I feel the same way. I don't have the means to paint as I would much prefer too. Watercolors are cheaper to oils and that is a great suggestion and I will try them as soon as I can. The airbrush is all digitally done with my one finger lol. 'ghetto' is the word I would use as I am not using the natural mediums I am so used to. Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my work and I can't wait to try the watercolors. It is an excellent idea ozzie <33

That is badass, just like October Knight.

I totally agree with Ozzie - your line work is so crisp and detailed that it looks more refined on its own! That being said, the subtle and precise application of red in the above drawing is KILLER! No. Pun. Intended. By the way, if someone would guarantee my hair would look as texturized and sexified as the hair in your first drawing - I would actually grow mine out ;) Rock it girl!

SecurusNSpero.jpg

Character Name: Securus and Spero
Thread Link: Eye of the Tiger (OneXOne)
Work Time: 12:33:19
Art: Pencil shading with Ink line Hatching and stippling

(I filled the entire page, and I am so proud of myself for it >.<)

The shadows and negative space on that one sold me. Thumbs freaking up. :)

• Thank You
Dayum, Fiiij! This new drawing is snuggling right up to my little Horror heart! >_<

I love the minimal splash of red. So awesome.

Those trees. <3

• Thank You
October and I went to the hotel tomo in San Francisco, in the hotel tomo there are frames in the lobby of work that artists do on display thanking or expressing their time at the tomo. Here is what I drew for them to hopefully display.

iwakuathoteltomo.jpg

October even got me a special little sketch pad from Japan town that I used.

Took me roughly 2-4 hours I was too busy having fun to keep track of the time XD

Status
Not open for further replies.