The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Nick was dragged out in to the rain, he noticed that Sayomi's grip was very firm. As she basked in the rain he realized that she was finally loosing up a bit and smiled. "See I told you, a good mood solves everything." The rain quickly drenched Nick though he didnt mind, at this moment the only thing on his mind was letting off of his problems and relaxing. "Ha you look so relaxed I bet I can beat you." Without warning Nick suddenly feel backwards his arms like a T landing in the mucky dirt. He wasnt concerned about the mud, it wasnt deep enough so he knew it could easily wash off in this rain. He lay there for a while, basking in the rain with Sayomi. After a long while he got up and brushed off most of the mud and he waved Sayomi to come with him back into the cave. "I know its relaxing but anymore relaxing and we might catch hypothermia." Nick snickered a bit and then headed in to the cave. He pealed off his soaked clothes with the exception of his underwear for clear reasons, and scrubbed the mud out of them, then lay them near the fire. The fire's warmth was inviting same as it was the first day, but it also held a sense of progress. It was like every day their chances of surviving grew more and more.

When Sayomi entered he instantly said "Thanks Sayomi that really helped, plus it was nice to see you more layed back." Nick shot her a smile filled happyness and hope. "Now, because of your stunt we need to warm up and we got time to kill...bring any board games?"

Sayomi could only think aka out everything that she had been through in her life, and whenever she seemed to be at her worse, it seemed to rain. She wasn't sure if it was true, but something about the rain made everything see to go away for a bit, like it washed away all of the troubles that was going on in the world. Maybe it was how it cleared the air of all the stale air, and smog of the city, that it just made it seem easier to breath.

She didn't want to go inside, but she knew that he was right. So he followed after him. "It's not my fault it's raining." She said with a laugh as she fought with her skinny jeans once more. "God damn skinny jeans. I have never hated you so much!" She yelled at them. Each time they got wet, they seemed to shrink. It was almost like pulling off her skin. She was also having to make sure that her underwear didn't come off too. Fnally she got the, off and laughed triumphantly. She laid them down by the fire, and followed. She laid as close to the fire as she could without burning herself. She was toned, and not a lot of fat to her, so it made the cold worse.it didn't help that she couldn't take the wraps off, and they were wet too.

"I'm fresh out of board games unfortunately. There is always tictaktoe." She said with a laugh as she pulled a burnt stick out of the fire and started to doodle on the ground with the smut. She wasn't the best drawer, but not the worse. She started to draw a rose, unsure of what else to draw, or what Nick wanted to do exactly.

Nick laughs a bit as Samoyi aggressively removes her skinny jeans, at this point Nick has grown a bit accustom to her oddness and lack of clothes. Nick tilted his head a bit and then smiled. "This is nice, seeing you have fun once in a while." Nick looked over at her drawing "A rose right? Trying to become an engineer they make you take lots of 3d structure and a few art classes." Nick reached for a stick from the fire similar to Samoyi's, nearly burning his hands. He then started to draw a horrible looking dog. Looking over his dog he had a smug grin on his face. "Oh, I should mention just because I took the classes doesnt mean I'm good at it." Nick looked over at Samoyi she really looked like she was enjoying herself. He was glad she had been so strict and serious this whole time and seeing her kick back was nice, refreshing almost. Nick's mind drifted back to the jungle, he was planning on exploring that side jungle and the path tomorrow. He looked at the flint spears he made, they could probably be used for land animal hunting and if it comes to it self defense. "Samoyi, I think we should check out that path and the jungle beyond the berry bush. That stream would get our feet wet if I had a tree trunk or something I could make a bridge, but we can worry about that later."

Nick leaned back looking at his watch it was only 7:46pm they still had a bit of time to kill before he felt tired. After a little while of waiting he turned to Samoyi and her new pet. "I'm a little bored, got any ideas on how to kill the time?...Ah! how about we talk about things we could build in this cave." Nick pointed to the back of the cave where it had a bit of a dip in the wall that formed a low ceiling but had a decent amount of space. "We could probably build some shelves over there." Nick pointed over to a part of the cave where the rock jutted up a bit almost like a counter. "With the right things we could set up a kitchen. Also my back is getting a little sore from laying on this flat stone, we could probably make some shitty beds with lots of light fluffy leaves." Nick was enthralled after that he spewed a bunch of less useful or silly ideas to pass the time. It was clear he loved building things and planning things out.

"Have you ever tried to take off wet skinny jeans?" Sayomi asked him with a laugh. "It's hard enough to get them on when they are dry!" She never understood why she wore skinny jeans nearly all day every day, other than because there was nothing else really available in her size. She wasn't overly petit, or overly large. She was toned from working out, but not skinny from starving herself. She always seemed to be in between for most guys, either too large, or too small. But she liked where she was. "Me and my brother used to draw a lot when neither of us was studying... He was a lawyer.." She hadn't told Nick that her brother had been in the crash. She didn't want to answer any questions that he may ask her. She looked over at his dog and laughed "it can be a bulldog. It looks the same."

Taking a deep breath as she spoke "I know we do. We can't rely solely on this little area. We will have to venture off, before we exhaust the resources here. If we completely empty a berry bush, it takes longer for them to grow back.. We might not even be able to stay here in this cave the entire time, because we don't know how the water will react. We could wake up one morning with the cave nearly flooded." She wiped her rose away looking at where it used to be. "So whatever we build for here, lets make sure it's light so if we must move, then we can. We don't want to have to rebuild something unless we want to."

"Beds though.. Beds sound amazing. I sure we can find leaves and grass enough to keep us off the hard floor." Usually Sayomi slept on her stomach, but with the hard floor, she wasn't able to without her chest hurting a great deal when she relieved the pressure. As a doctor she knew that it wasn't the best on ones back, but she didn't care.

Nick rubs the back of his head. "Yea, I suppose your right about that, we cant rely on this area to hold out forever. I guess if we find lightweight wood and a close enough replacement base we could be ok. Ugg I just hope we arent trapped on this island too long ya know?" Nick leans back eating some of the fish bits and petting the lizard. "So since we are exploring the jungle I want you to take this." Nick chucks one of the flint spears over to Samoyi. "You might need this if there is big predators on the island. Also I want you to be very careful and god forfid if something happens to me, dont try to save me just get out your self." Nick looked down a bit, he understood that if one of them was badly injured they would just be a drain on resources and time on the other. Sayomi was ok because she just needed to take it easy is all, she could still do things and gather. Nick looked over to Samoyi she was a hard worker and smart to boot. He was lucky to be trapped with her, so many others might be lazy or too high strung to do anything but she wasnt and for that he was glad. "I'm feeling kind of tired now, so I'm going to go to sleep. Good Night." Nick says this with a smile on his face and then lays back, the pitterpatter of the rain drawing him to sleep.

Sayomi sighed as she looked about. "I hope we aren't either.." She didn't bring up the fact that she was worried if the plane was defective, that maybe so was the black box, meaning that they couldn't be found. Or that it disconnected and sent out the beacon of where they were somewhere else, meaning that they spent time searching the wrong place. She knew that with a plane crash like this, that they were expecting dead bodies, not survivors, so they would have to have a plan for when they came to get the pieces or search to get the boat or planes attention.

She caught the spear and looked it over, she was in the archery club in high school, but that was three years ago, and this was completely different. "I think we should follow the river. It is fresh water, while the sea around us is obviously salt. It will be a good bet for more edible plants, and higher ground." She didn't know what he would think of that plan, but it made sense to her. They could find at least something to eat for tomorrow. She knew that there had to be edible roots or grains on the island, since there was chickens.

Sayomi let him sleep as she moved closer to the cave enternce. She moved the make shift door a little as she looked out, watching the ocean. She wondered where all the dead bodies were.. They should have been floating about, or on the shore. She knew it took 24-72 hours for the average human to bloat with their own gas, she figured that with the salt water faster, but she could be wrong. She just dreaded the day that they woke up to bodies littering the beach.

The rain helped Nick sleep and the fire helped him quickly dry, warming him enough that he could sleep pleasantly. As he slept he wondered what they would find in the jungle he imagined strange fruits and violent tigers, even though he knew that probably wouldnt be the case. His spear lay by his side as he slept. The morning crept up quickly and quietly, Nick woke up at about 9pm the ground outside was damp and a little soggy. The sun was high in the sky its warmth radiant. Grabbing his spear as he sat up, his legs wobbled a little being still sore but he managed to get up. He walked over to Samoyi and grabbed her shoulder to shake her away. Her skin was remarkably smooth despite being trapped on the island for 3 days now. Removing the indecent thoughts from his head he asked. "Hey come on wake up. We overslept and we have to get moving." As soon as she awoke he headed out the door.

He followed the river, just as she suggested. Nick started talking while they walked, "So what do you think we should focus on after we check out the jungle? We could find stuff to build things in our cave, look for more food sources, or explore the island some more. I personally think we need to focus on building some things, its getting kind of hard to sleep on the hard stone floor plus with your ribs..." Nick's eyes drifted down to her bandages for a noticeable time and his head shook and looked back up. "Lets hope those heal soon, seems like you got it under control though." After that Nick continued to walk in silence which was a little strange. Finally they stumbled on to a less thick section of the jungle with some fairly useful things around.

(I have described most of the areas so far so I figured I would let you describe the jungle.)

Sayomi was asleep close to the opening of the cave still As she was shaken awake. She sat up and groaned in the pain. She rubbed her eyes and stood up. She decided to make go without her pants, she could feel the heat radiating from outside. nick had already seen her without them on, and it's not like anyone else was around. She wasn't scared of a chicken seeing her. She picked up her spear and then started to walk out, when she saw his back pack on the ground. She picked it up and put it online went after him. They didn't know what they would find.

"We should concentrate on bed and some more food. But things for bedding. If we don't sleep we'll we will start to get others issues. "Ribs are the slowest things to heal. Even if we weren't here, they would literally do the same thing." As they pushed through some bushes Sayomis mouth dropped. There was so much in this clearing alone. She walked farther into the area and spun. Amongst the vines and trees, were multiple plants of multiple uses. She saw the white flowers of the Chinchona tree, and the purple stems of the clavilia. There was several other useful plants right there.

She went over and pulled some of the white flowers and showed them to Nick "the bark of this tree is used to treat muscle cramps, fevers and headaches." She went and pulled purple flowers and held them out to him "these can treat many medical conditions caused by bacteria, viruses, and parasites." She started going from plant to plant examining each too fascinated by them all and their qualities. There was so much that could keep them healthy if anything came up.

Nick watched as Samoyi ran around staring with glee at all the plants. "I guess a med student is pretty useful." Nick stuck his tongue out at Samoyi and then takes off on his own collecting supplies from around. Nick managed to find a couple of logs, they where clearly just massive branches from a few of the giant trees around but he hacked off of the smaller side branches to make it easier to carry and more of a nice round trunk. Nick heaved the trunks over to the exit, sweating quite a bit after the fact and then began to gather some of the sturdy flexible vines. He ripped one away from a tree, pulling on it a few times the vine had good resistance to pull and seemed easy to manipulate. Nick coiled up a good 25 feet of vine and placed it on the pile of logs, walking over to Samoyi he talked a bit. "So I gathered up some of the nicer logs and vines we could probably make some nice beds out of them, but we need some things to act as the fluff of the bed it self. I would do it but I'm afraid I might grab some poisonous plant or something." Nick was sweating and it was clear he was working hard to gather these things. In his own mind he was gathering these things so Sayomi could sleep better, she was in a lot of pain with those ribs.

Nick was checking out the outer edge of the clearing for a path deeper in the jungle. It seemed like they could continue following the path on the river. As Nick was just about to turn around he heard an odd grunt. Slowly turning around he was face to face with a large boar. "S-Shit..." he muttered to himself. The boar was pure muscle, he was large and huffing likely mad that Nick was in his way. It had jagged rough great big tusks. Nick tried his best to slowly step out of the path of the boar but the boar was having none of it. In an instant it charged at Nick swinging its head madly. "Oh SHIT!" Nick jumped out of the way of the large beast's path but he was a bit slow. One of the tusk's ripped in to Nick's thigh sending searing pain through Nick's entirety. While he was on the ground the boar readied for another charge. Just as the boar was on to Nick it suddenly stopped short jerking forward for a second and then back. Nick's spear was lodged in the beast's chest, he had propped it up in to the boar while it was charging. Warm red liquid flowed on to Nick and his hands as the boar slumped weighing down on Nick's bad thigh. "S-Shit, Samoyi little help here!" Nick groaned in pain and pulled out the spear flooding more blood on to him. Nick took a quick look at the gash his vision dulling with pain as the adrenalin left his system. It didnt seem like it broke his leg more like it scraped the flesh away but it hurt and bled as if he was hit by a truck.

Sayomi scrunched up her nose as she continued to keep looking at all the different plants, loading up the backpack. She started to pick up a bunch of the seeds of the kapok trees. There was thousands of them around. The large seeds were used for many things. The fruit that she was going to come back for later was said to have great medicinal purposes. She didn't know the plants because of going to med school, she knew because of her mother. Before her mother had died, she was a scientist, and had thousands of plants around the house to continue working when she wasn't at the office. As Nick came up and told her about needing cushion for the beds she smiled and broke a seed. "The fibers in these large seeds are used for hypoallergenic pillows. It should be plenty of cushion for the beds.. Though it will take a good amount to fill them, but it won't take long to break the seeds down to do it, but I should be able to crank them out before tonight."

As he went to continue looking, Sayomi started to climb the biggest tree she saw. She figured that she would be able to see exactly how big the island was, and maybe some other points of interest. Along the way she found some plants that helped with pain, anxiety, and odd enough, a wild yam that's primary use was in modern birth control. She found that odd, especially that they grew on vines. There was a lot of vined plants up in the tree. She figured that they crawled up the tree for sunlight. She was trying to reach a high branch, wincing, as she heard Nick call for her. She started her way down, once she saw him, she jumped from where she was. She landed on her feet, and her knees buckled. She took a sharp breath and jumped up, running over to him. "Nick! Oh my god.." She threw her weight against the boar, and pushed it off of him. "We have to get you out of here. You need to be treated, and there might be more about."

She wrapped her arms around him, and pulled him up. There wasn't much that she could do until they were back at the cave and she could get stuff to clean and wrap his leg. She held onto him tightly as she lead him back to the cave. She leaned him up against the wall, and instantly went back out. She grabbed a coconut, and speared it enough to form a small hole. She emptied the milk, and filled it with water from the river. She ran to the beach, and found a suitcase, she opened it up and pulled out a shirt. She ran back in, and put the coconut next to the fire, letting the water warm up. She knelt next to his leg. "We uh.. We need to get your pants off.." She looked up at him again, and emptied out the back pack, pulling out a handful of different plants.

"Y-Yea I k-know. So this was all a ploy to get me to take my pants off." Nick had a weak smile on his face while staggered around for a bit fiddling with his pants until they finally were removed. Nick took a moment to look at his leg, the flesh was curved out and it was a pretty big gash. The flesh was still connected albeit by a bit, blood leaked down his leg. The blood flowed slower then when he was attacked by the boar but Nick was starting to feel light headed. He dropped to the ground his back against the cave wall and his legs extended out in front of him. His pants leg was torn up and had a new red splotch all around the tear. Nick looked over to Samoyi "Y-You should get that boar when your d-done here. I'm not going to die this easily." Nick again smiled weakly but it was clear he was in a great amount of pain.

"Dont worry I think that was the alpha, its probably safe now. Plus we shouldnt waste all that meat. My leg might be f-fucked but my arms still work." Nick waved his arms a little but then quickly rested them back down. His breathing was staggered and despite the pain he still managed to stay awake and focus on surviving. He was damp with sweat and shaking violently. "Well at least we know that there is boars on the island. T-Though next time I'll try my best not to be gored by the thing. Ok, going to stop talking and let you work." Nick stops talking letting Samoyi work on his leg, the splitting headache from the first day was back and pounding around in his brain. Minutes seemed like hours and his vision blurred even more. The pain in his leg was soon replaced by an odd numb burning feeling, was probably just the nerves realizing pain wasnt helping anymore.

Sayomi looked up at him and shoved a fruit from the kapok tree. "Keep quiet and eat that. It has medicinal properties that will help heal from the inside. Everything else will be topical. So it should heal twice as fast if you eat a few a day." She grabbed the coconut of warm water and started to put things in it. "Bark of the kapok tree, too keep a fever away, the clavilia to kill bacteria, Chinchona bark for muscle cramps, headaches, and to keep your heart beating regularly. Trumpet tree blossom to help heal, and suma root to increase the blood circulation decreasing the odd of clots, and to boost your immune system." The clavilia, trumpet tree blossom, and suma root she also placed some to the side. She put the coconut by the fire to boil with everything in it.

She grabbed a rock and started to mashing everything together until it became a paste. She threw in a couple other plants to help numb the area and reduce the pain such as Valerian. Making sure she was getting it well crushed. She picked up an empty coconut husk, and placed it in front of her. She reached for the coconut in the fire, ignoring the pain. She poured about half in the empty husk and handed it to him. "Drink it." She poured the rest of the brew into another husk, and then got up and filled her coconut with more cold water. Sat next to him, and tore half the shirt into strips like what was on her chest.

"Alright.. It's ready.. I'm sorry if it hurts while I do this.." She said to him. She started to gently clean the wound with one strip and the hot brew. Once she was content with how clean it was, she gently applied the paste until a thin layer covered the wound. She looked up, her green eyes watching him for a moment, then she dipped a strip in the brew again, and wrapped it around his leg. She repeated the step until it was covered, then slowly poured the rest of the brew on the wrappings to make sure they were well wet so that the wound would keep absorbing the nutrients. Once she was content with the wrappings she grabbed the other half of the shirt and poured some of the cold water on it. She scooted up so she was kneeling by him.

Slowly ran the shirt on his forehead to wipe off the sweat and help keep him cool. She made her way down his neck, arms and chest, applying more water whenever the cloth got cold. She kept it up until she was out of water. She stayed next to him, unsure if she should go get more water or not.

Nick takes and eats the fruit that Sayomi handed him. "Its a little bitter." Nick's head felt like splitting and his vision blurred but even he could tell Sayomi was running around like mad to help him. He watched as she put many different odd looking plants in a shell, he really hoped she knew what she was doing. Nick nearly didnt notice when a husk was shoved over to him. He picked it up and chugged it as best he could. Although he knew it was just mental he felt some strength return to him, his vision cleared a little. "Ugg! Shit!" Nick winced in pain as the bandages where wrapped around his leg his fists clenched to the point of his knuckles turning white. Finally he calmed down a bit. He picked it up and chugged it as best he could. Although he knew it was just mental he felt some strength return to him, his vision cleared a little and he felt less pain. Samoyi took care of him rather well making sure he stayed cool as she stayed with him and he knew while she wouldnt like it, he had to make her do it.

"Samoyi go get the boar, I can live without you for a little while. Plus it would be horrible to waste that much meat, you could probably drag it. Look please I know your worried about me but you have done the most you can, if I was going to die while your away then I would have died while you where here." Nick tries his best to look puffed up and healthy and then points to the cave exit expectantly. His leg burned but certainly felt better, his color was starting to return a bit and he could probably be up and moving albeit slowly in a day or 2.

Sayomi looked at him and stood up. "Alright.. But if something goes wrong I will never listen to you again." She picked up the backpack, her spear, and his knife. She looked at him again and then went out the cave. The quicker she was done, the quicker she would be back. She quickly made her way back to the boar, watching carefully, making sure that there wasn't anymore boars anywhere. She was alone, and she didn't know if she could handle herself against a boar.

Finally reaching the boar, she looked around. She quickly started to dig a small hole by the boar. Then she pulled out the knife and cut the boars stomach open, letting the blood drain. Either way this was going to have to b done, so away from the cave would be better, and make it easier for her to carry. She started to gut the pig, throwing all the insides to the side. She felt gross, but it needed to be done. She put the boar on a branch, so that the branch ran through its cut stomach. Carefully she lifted it up, ignoring the pain in her ribs. She rested the branch on her shoulders and started walking. It took her about an hour to get back to the cave, when she finally entered the cave, she threw the boar down and leaned on her knees panting from the weight, and her ribs. She straightened up, and went over to Nick, placing a hand on his forehead. Her hand slowly traced down his cheek as she walked back to the entrance of the cave. "No fever. I'm going to go and get the stuff for the beds.

She went back to the clearings grabbing the logs, making 3 trips back and forth bringing them back to the cave. She started bringing back large leaves and grass. She went out once more, grabbing vines to tie the logs together. She was exhausted by the time she returned, dropping to her knees next to him, breathing heavy, every breath worsened the pain. She started cutting the logs downwards to make them flat. Luckily they we not hard wood like oak or cherry. It was simple to cut, similar to bamboo. "How does your leg feel?" She asked him, trying to hide the fact that she could barely inhale.

Nick sat against the cave wall alone while Samoyi was getting the boar. He was happy she listened to him and went to get the boar, he hoped she wouldnt have too much trouble getting the beast. As she returned he noticed how expertly the boar was handled, it already had the inedible bits taken out and most of the blood drained. Nick flashed her a smile and waited until Samoyi left the cave, then he scuttled over to the boar using his arms and good leg to move around in an odd crab like fashion. His leg hurt a bit but at this point it was very numb so he ignored it. Scooting over to the boar he grabbed a flint knife and set to chopping up the boar in to manageable pieces. By the time Samoyi returned with all the logs he had finished and had a decently intact boar hide as well he was putting some pieces on sticks or roasters to cook and the others near the fire just to be prepped for cooking.

He watched as Samoyi excusted herself working on the logs. "Hey you dont need to work so hard, you did the worst part. You should rest, if both of us cant move then we are doomed." Nick was busy working on cooking the boar pieces when he turned to Samoyi. "So have you noticed that the longer we have been on the island the less clothes we wear." Nick chuckled a bit to himself and continued to roast the boar. By the time most of the boar was done and it was now raining lightly outside. "Shit, I wont lie that was close. I'm lucky you where there to save me. I would have probably died if you didnt bandage me up. Tomorrow...I think we should just rest, we are both in a bad shape and we have all this wonderful boar so I think we could afford a day off, what do you say?"

Sayomi continued to cut the wood, until she was content with how they would fit together. "I have been through worse than this..." She didn't go into much more details about the pain, and set to work on putting the wood loosely together for his bed. "So don't worry about me not being able to do things. I will be able to. Promise." As she started tying them together with vines, she couldn't help but laugh. "I have an excuse though." She smiled as she looked at him. "I'm the girl. I'm supposed to be nearly naked for viewing enjoyment. What's yours?" She raised her eye brow at him and finished tying the vines around the logs.

"If I hadn't been climbing a tree, then you might not have been hurt..." She didn't look at him as she started laying the grass in the hollow section in the wood that she had made. She felt like if she had been there with him, that he might not have gotten hurt. "At least for a bit tomorrow I will have to go and find more valerian for the pain. Tomorrow will be worse... And I will have to bandage it.. So will apologize now. For the ordeal you will have to go through tomorrow. If you wish, I can add more to it. It's in the purest form as a flower, so it would take very much to OD on. You might just get light headed." She decided to leave the decision up to him tomorrow. There is no way she could judge how much pain he was in, and she didn't want him to be uncomfortable.

She started to layer leaves on top of each other and over the grass, wrapping them down the sides of the wood, to make sure that the grass stayed hidden, so that it wouldn't poke him when he laid in it. She emptied out all the seed fibers into one leaf and folded it up to serve as a pillow. "This is the best I can do for the night. Hopefully it works.""

Nick sits there tending the boar meat over the fire. Hearing Sayomi's comment about less clothes he chimes in "What you never heard of male strippers." Nick chuckles a bit to himself and then checks the meat. Looking at the meat most it was nearly finished, he set the few remaining pieces on sticks before scuttling over to Samoyi. He winced as he put just a bit too much weight on his leg, he dropped on his backside near Samoyi he swiftly put his bad leg in to a much more comfortable spot. Samoyi was clearly pushing herself hard, but he could tell she has gone through worse probably a painful condition or surgery he thought to himself. Putting his hands near the fire to warm up a little and listened to Samoyi as she talked.

Nick put his hand on Samoyi's shoulder. "Hey don't worry about it, you probably couldnt have done much anyways. At least we know that the boars like that area." Nick smiles a bit and mulls over something for a minute. "You should probably stay near the cave tomorrow, as much as I would like to say I would be fine I can't." He looked very serious and then his face turned soft again. "I could use that flower yes, but not too much. I mean my leg hurts but its not like its unbareable." Nick's hand tightened on her shoulder. "And hey you dont need to apologize" Nick let go of her shoulder and then looked over to the bed. "Thanks, looks good I'll use it for tonight and then you could use it tomorrow." Nick attempted to slide in to the new bed and closed his eyes. "If you got anything you want to talk about feel free, it helps me forget about the pain."

Sayomi gave a small smile. "You never hear of male strippers in a survival movie. At least none that I have seen. But ever girl gets naked by the end." She jumped slightly when he touched her shoulder. She looked at him and gave a meek smile. "They probably like the entire inner island. Where it's more shady. They can get sunburns you know..." She knew now that whenever they would venture into the island they would have to be on watch. Who knows what else would be hiding on the island.

"It doesn't hurt now because of everything I gave you. I have enough to make a little more of that brew I gave you to last you completely through the night. Everything is always worse after the fact. After your body processes and is trying to fix it. As long as you don't get a fever tonight, then you will be out of the woods. People don't just up and die trombone a wound." She laughed softly and laid on the cool ground. She was still sweating a little because she had been running wild for a while. Laying down was easier to breath as her muscles stretched out.

She laid there breathing slowly, listening to her own breath. She wanted to make sure nothing was getting worse. She knew more than most that you can hear before feel or see what is wrong. "I honestly don't know what to talk about. We are here... It's a whole new perspective. It's not the same as if we were just in the city or something.. Something's just seem wrong to talk about here..."

Nick lay against the wooden bed. "Yes, I suppose...I'm feeling tired now night." Nick shuts his eyes and sleep lulls him. His dreams were cloudy and unclear probably due to either the drugs or the wound or both. He hoped Samoyi wouldnt work too hard for his sake and hurt herself. He awakened to the light the first thing he felt was the pure pain from his leg the drugs had worn off and it was no longer bleeding. He winced a bit sitting up he looked over to Samoyi who woke up long before him. Looking down to his weathered watch he noted the time was 11pm. "Ugg shit I'm sorry I overslept and my leg feels like shit. I could use with more of that plant. Nick adjusted himself to a spot that hurt less and looked at Samoyi helpless.

(Sorry bout the short post)

Sayomi had only fallen asleep for a few hours before she awoke with a fright. A nightmare, about her brother. She pushed herself off the ground, and leaned against the cold wall. She sat there for a while, breathing heavily and watching out the cave. The such was just barely rising. She guessed it was maybe 5 or 6. She stood up as she had decided that she needed to go get the valerian for his pain. She knew he had said that he didn't want her to go, she knew he would need it. His wound was deep. she made a mental note of everything was needed. she also needed clavilia and suma root. she had the rest, besides a new shirt to tear for the rags.

She went a grabbed the back up, and a spear, along with his knife. She was going out alone, so one only knew what was going to happen. She went over and very lightly placed the back of her hand on Nick's forehead. He wasn't running a fever which was really good. So she started her journey. She was hoping that this early, that she would miss the nocturnal animals, and the day animals would still be asleep. As she walked it was oddly and serenely quiet. It was a nice way to calm down after everything.

She reached the tree, and grabbed everything that she needed from the area and left quickly, so that she didn't run into any boars. Once she reached the shore again, she started looking for another suitcase. Finally finding one she grabbed two shirts, and headed back. When she got there, she tore the shirts up, and started to boil and mash everything she needed for when he woke. Half asleep she laughed when he heard him wake and ask straight for the medicine. "Did I not tell you it would hurt?" She handed him the half of the water in a husk that he was meant to drink, and if he wished, she would apply the paste and rewrap it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.