The internet wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MurderDeathKill

Original poster
So net neutrality gets to remain a thing (for now).

The Federal Communications Commission just approved its long-awaited network neutrality plan, which reclassifies broadband internet as a Title II public utility and gives the agency more regulatory power in the process. And unlike the FCC's last stab at net neutrality in 2010, today's new rules also apply to mobile broadband.

I don't know if the regulations will still be around in a few years when the storm of lawsuits this has just set off clears, but watching corporate whores opponents of net neutrality freak out is always worth it.

Yeah, it's very much a "for now" situation. Lawsuits might prevail in getting it overturned, a future vote by the FCC could reverse it, and Congress could pass legislation about the regulation of the internet that goes over the head of the FCC entirely. It's a fantastic step in the direction of permanent net neutrality, but there's still a long way to go before it'll be set in stone.

Reactions: LunaValentine
"for now" or not, it makes me happy!

Team Internet!

Every great success starts with moving a pebble from the mountain... :ferret:

Reactions: LunaValentine
Of course the internet won. Why? Because it contains countless photoshopped pictures of Nick Cage, Aarnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Reynolds; this in turn has fed their very essence into the internet and gave it sentience so that it shall be able to be resilient to the chains of corporate warfare and government hangups! All hail the great internet! All hail Cthulhu!

Wait. I'm sorry. Wrong topic.

It's good Internet Neutrality is remaining in place so the many sprawling smaller business' don't get bullied out of the way by the already titan sized whores who just seem to want to keep getting bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.