The Intergalactic School for Integrated Sentients

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dying right now 'cause I'm overwhelmed with schoolwork, so just drop me from the roleplay -- I've already deleted my characters. I thought you'd like to know so you don't have to wait around for the next six days.

Aww. That's too bad. You're characters were really good

Um well I posted, responding to you, Racing the Sunrise, Ophelia and The_One. So its up to you four I guess.

If this is still alive I might be interested in joining.

If this is still alive I might be interested in joining.

Well most of the people who joined stopped posting suddenly. You can join though, and I'll start posting again if you wanna try and start it back up.

Alright sounds good to me, give me a bit to fill out the CS though, haven't quite started it yet.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Name: Rachael Mason (will also answer to Ray, Grease Monkey, Monkey, or Grease)
Race/Species: human
Appearance: Rachael stands an average of 5'6. Years of working in a shop, messing around with heavy equipment has left her with a pretty fair amount of muscling. And while she has a pretty hour glassed shape most of the top half comes from shoulders that are a bit broader than an average girls. She has naturally olive toned skin although it never seems to get any darker as she spends so much time inside. Her hair is a medium brown, and while it only takes a few brushes to get it to lay even she more often than not forgets so it is often a complete mess. To try and combat this and to keep her shoulder blade length hair from getting in the way she keeps her hair in a ponytail whenever possible. Her eyes are a few shades darker brown than her hair, and they are most often wide with excitement, curiosity, or mischief.
Ability: Rachael is a highly skilled mechanic and inventor. She has the most experience with spaceships but she has built everything from an AI to a high compression air gun.
Impairment: Attention span, or lack there of. Rachael has a very hard time concentrating on anything outside of her interests, mainly mechanical things, this combined with her hyperactivity makes it very hard for her to just sit still and do what she is supposed to be doing. Her memory also leaves much to be desired.
Bio: Rachael grew up on a small outerrim planet. Her Dad owned a mechanics and general repair shop where he worked with about five other guys. Her mom owned a small grocery store near the heart of the capitol city. The planet was kind of a last stop for those traveling farther out, or the first stop for those that were coming back. The capitol city thrived on all of the movement however being in the outrim gave it a definent air of "Don't ask, Don't tell". To accomodate some of the larger ships Rachael's Dad's shop was located a bit outside of the city, and that is where she spent most of her childhood. One would have though that it would have been better for the kid to hang around in a grocery rather than a mechanics shop but her parents knew that the city was not the safest place for a young kid, and besides her school was only a mile or two from the shop. To keep her from getting into trouble Rachael's Dad would leave her in his office with a box of spare parts for her to mess with. That was how her parents first found out that she had a bit of talent for building and fixing.

One day just before closeing time her Dad came in to find that most of the spare parts had been pushed off to the side with an odd round shaped object stood on four legs towards the middle of the desk. Good naturedly her Dad asked her "What are you making honey." To which she said with a laugh "A walker Dad." And with that she flicked a little switch on the back of the creation and the thing trotted across the desk before she switched it off again. Her Dad was impressed, all by herself his little girl had built this little thing. From then on when things were a bit slow at the shop her Dad would have her come sit by him to watch him work and he would teach her. Soon she was spending more time in the shop than in the office. The other guys that worked in the shop didn't mind having her around and since she had known most of them since she first visited the shop they were almost like her uncles. And when her dad was to busy she could always go to one of the other guys and they would be more than willing to teach some new trick or tip. By the time she was ten she was helping out in the shop, mostly repair jobs but in her free time she would create and invent.

Once a month or so her father would head out to the local scrap yard, see if he could bit up any useful pieces. He knew the owner so it was not uncommon for him to be able to get pieces at a fraction at what it would normally cost him. And once in a while Rachael would tag along, mostly just to help out and once in a while snagging some small part or another. On one of these trips a large load had just come in from the center of the capitol. This usually ment that you could snag some pretty nice electronics so Rachael's Dad was certainly keeping busy, once in a while letting out a whistle of excitement. Rachael for her part was just kind of rooting around, occationally picking up items to get a better look. At one point she grabbed at and found it stuck tight, not to be defeated she dug in her feet and yanked at the bit of metal with both hands. Once free a large chunk of the pile started rolling down towards her and she had to do a quick leap backwards to avoid being buried. However when she looked back up she noticed a large robot that had been previously buried. Often if they had not already been stripped these robots internal parts were in pretty good condition. So she grabbed her screwdriver and started working on getting the robots chest cavity open. Turned out that his outer shell was pretty rusted so she had so switch to using a small laser cutter to open up his chest. To her dissapointment most of the robot's innards were in varying stages of decay, but it seemed that he still had all his parts. Just for kicks and giggles Rachael pulled out her hand held fusion battery to see if this thing had any life left in him. After a few moments of tinkering it turned out that he did.

The robot came to life, well he was on at the very least. Mostly rusted he could only really move his right arm a little bit and even his voice sythesizer was breaking down, his voice a garbbled mess. The robot kept trying to tell her something, kept trying to move, and Rachael felt bad for him. So after a bit of arguing with her Dad she brought the robot back to the shop and got to work. It has been six years since then and Rachael and the robot, whom she found out was named Zen, have been as close as anything. A lot of the time they behave like siblings and it has been rare that they are seperated for more than a day or two. Last year Rachael was recruited to the school and she accepted under the condition that Zen be allowed to enroll as well. It only took about two months for her to be bumped down to the impaired level, no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't keep herself focused on the classroom. All her life she had learned from diving in hands first so suddenly switching over to lectures and written assingments did not go over well.
Extra: She managed to bring a small, but broad tool kit with her.

Name: Zen
Race/Species: AI
Appearance:
d371edf4-ff29-45a1-b962-47c17de02e7a_zps1f867f22.jpg
He doesn't have any of the weapons shown in the picture. He stands at about eight feet tall and has the word ZEN carved onto the upper left of his chest plate.
Ability: Originally programed as a body guard and thanks to Rachael's pain staking effort of transfering most of his old coding over to his new hard drive, he is excellent in combat situations. He has an excellent memory, as to be expected from a AI.
Impairment: He has purposely failed most of the tests so as to stay with Rachael.
Bio: Zen was was a prototype defense AI, and he spent ten years protecting some important politicion. But he was replaced, they believed that his model was to heavy and obvious for urban defence so they switched him out for a model that was lighter, and that looked more human. He spent a year or two in hypernation in a storage facility. However the facility needed money and space so they eventually sold him. He went to a private owner, and for about half a year he was once again incharge of protecting someone's life. His new owner however had a different goal in mind and eventually Zen found himself in a fighting ring. Most of these fights were private, between wealthy individuals who wanted to watch their robots and AI's fight it out. Zen didn't like the fighting, sure he had the prgramming and know how but this felt strange and unecessary to him. He probably would have been there until he completely broke down if it wasn't for the fact that his owner had a bit of a gambling problem, and after one particularly bad night the man bet Zen and lost.

So Zen was moved to an even lower ring of the fighting world. Zen wasn't a bad fighting, he won a fair share of his bouts, but he never quite earned enough for his new owners to justify spending the money to keep him in top condition. So he started to fall into worse and worse repair. And the worse he got the fewer fights he won, and the less money his owner was willing to spend on him. Eventually he put into hypernation in an old storage unit at the edge of the city. For five years he just sat there, everyone forgetting that he was even there. Till eventually all of the storage units were emptied out. Someone along the way had stopped paying for the storage and he was tossed into the back of a truck and carted off to the dump. That is where he met Rachael, as he awoke, one eye clogged with dirt, the other cracked from an old blow. At first he did not know what to think about this odd little girl that spent so much time fixing and helping him. But he has grown to love her like a sister. When they were both accepted by the academy the AI could not help but feel excited, he saw this as a chance to learn more and perhaps gain a better understanding about his new emotions. He has stuck with Rachael through thick and thin and has failed his tests on purpose so that they won't be seperated.
Extra:

Last edited:
Great :3 This is getting some interest again. I hope you get accepted!

Thanks! Also I just realized that I had forgotten Rachael's description, added that in.

@ET4252
I never said anything about humans being apart of this role play. But I will accept Rachel on account of her being an interesting character. However next time please respect that there was a clearly defined list of playable species on the first post.

Zen is accepted too.

You can start posting as soon as you're ready. The IC link is in the first post. As soon as your character gets down there though, I will have the teacher come in, kay? ^^

@RacingTheSunrise
@Aleth
@The_One
@Ophelia

We are planning to start this up again. If you are still willing to be involved please let me know. If not, also let me know. If you never respond, I'll simply remove you from the list.

Also anyone who never responds or rejoins' character will be eaten by a dogwraith or expelled or something equally horrible.

Ah, that is totally my bad, filling out CS late at night is not my strong suit. Thanks for making the exception.
And I will get on making a post as soon as possible.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
So can Someone still join or is this a done deal kind of thing? If I can still join are new alien races allowed?

@Kriodine Yes, I believe we're still accepting. And sure you can create custom alien races. A brief explanation is required though.

Name:Theora
Race/Species: cyborg (Machine/Kythorean)
Appearance: The Kythorean are a species of fish like humanoids who live an amphibious life style.
123px-HylotlMale.png
(reference picture). Theora is a male Kythorean with a much smaller body build and black scales instead of blue. He has one robotic arm and two metal earpieces on the side of his head, all of his eyes are milky white instead of red.

Ability:He can hear things much better than anyone else. He can clearly hear a conversation being had over 50 meters away as if they were screaming in his ear. He is also capable of holding his breath for prolonged periods of time.

Impairment:He has no control over his hearing and is blind.

Bio: Theora was born blind and with a useless left arm. His father, a cybernetic's genius, tried his best to fix his son as best he could. The arm was easy, just a simple cybernetic replacement, it took to the body perfectly. The vision was the tricky bit, and instead of trying to develop cybernetic eyes that actually worked for Hylotl, he decided to improve his hearing to give his son sonar like hearing. He worked tirelessly for weeks on end researching and planning. Eventually he managed to build his first prototypes, but in his sleep deprived mind he didn't even think of testing his new inventions before implanting them into his son. The surgery was near perfect, no brain damage occurred and the cybernetics took to the body well. But the programming was faulty, and Theora had improved hearing but none of the sonar like qualities that were intended for him to have and the ability to control how well he could here seemed to be malfunctioning as well. After his father learned of his mistake he made it his goal to help his son get used to his new weakness. As he grew up he was home schooled. At the age of 16 his father sent him to ISIS so that he may get the best education possible for his son.

Extra:He has problems focusing during lectures in the classroom due to how loud it is for him, and without knowledge from lectures he often fails the tests. He is also extremely shy due to him being unable to talk in a normal way to most of the students and he could also hear almost everyone's "secret" conversations if there were anywhere even close to him.

and submit.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RacingTheSunrise
@Aleth
Great, well you guys can start posting again whenever.

@Kriodine
Accepted, you can start posting whenever.

On another note; I might make a wiki for this so do you have a less copyrighted name for your alien species?

Status
Not open for further replies.