The Institution

Tyler raised an eyebrow, but grinned. "All right. I'll let you handle that one, then," he said, giving her hand a soft squeeze. He wasn't about to let go until he had to. They walked into the mess hall together, grabbed some food, and grabbed a table alone. No one else really wanted to be near him, and he was all right with that tonight. Even sitting, he didn't want to let go of Megan's hand.

As they sat, he pointed out a few of the other "inmates" and why they were in the place. Tyler didn't think they would interact, but sometimes it was a curious thing. Especially when someone does something that puts the staff on edge and, as a result, the other patients as well.

"Have you ever wanted to know something so bad that it hurts?" Meghan asked randomly watching the other patient's body language carefully as Tyler pointed out a few of the other patients. She had a rough idea of what was wrong, or what had happened from being a 'wall flower', watching their body language, but Tyler knew what had actually happened to them. Of course no one wanted to talk to the girl with the bad face other than the sweet boy sitting next to her. He may have his rough edges but she had just as many. Like two puzzle pieces that never went with a puzzle, but fit together.

She took a sip of her soup the staff had put in a coffee cup for her before looking up at Tyler with a smile. "Like maybe how to read a person's body language, or the three bodies equation, or how to do something?" she asked trailing off as she got lost in his eyes.

Tyler thought about the question. He hadn't ever been in that situation before, he decided. In the past, the only thing he ever cared about was what was fun, and what he needed to do to obtain that level of fun that would serve to sate his desire for something outrageous. His life was never about learning new things like body language or anything.

He glanced at Megan and grinned. "Nah, I haven't ever felt that, I guess. But, I have felt the pain you must be talking about. There were so many times I've been denied that thrill I need to feel good and it hurt so much because I needed that feeling." His voice became solemn as he finished that sentence, looking down at their hands. "Do you feel that way a lot?"

"I sorta feel like that sometimes. Like I need to get out and see something than these walls. Like I need to stop learning and start doing." she replied softly brushing her hair from her face sipping more of her soup. It felt warm against her mouth and went down smoothly as she looked up at Tyler, than his lips wondering if she'd get in trouble for kissing him, but she didn't. She looked back down at her soup.

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze under the table, glancing over at the staff. None of them were really paying attention, so he leaned over and brushed his lips over her temple so lightly it might have been mistaken for her imagination were it not for her plainly seeing him lean in.

"I think it's cool you know all that stuff. Sure, it'd be cool to go out and experience some of it... But you're pretty awesome as you are."

"We should go somewhere together." she said with a smile blushing at the gentle kiss. She look around herself and kiss the tip of one of her fingers pressing it to Tyler's lips.

"You, me, Paris? Or even somewhere down the street." she said grinning broader at the mention each place they could visit.