The Institute for the mentally unstable

June remained silent, rubbing the side of her head, she looked uncomfortable. It didn't help that he urge to drive thoughts out of her head was making her headache a lot worse.

Lockie looked over his shoulder to see her small frame jutting out of the enormous chillers that sufficed as fridges. 'Find anything yet?' He asked, imagining walking over there and seeing a massive snow wonderland in there. The chillers were big enough that was sure. 'Be careful that the abominable snowman doesn't get you.' he warned, that twinkle in his eyes as he bashed a couple of pans together loudly. One crunched under the impact and he threw it away, sending it skidding across the tiled floor. 'GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A PAN!' He shouted, laughing.

"Just lots of leftovers..." Tamarine called over her shoulder, continuing to dig around for anything usable. There was loads of room inside just one of these things and most of the ingrediants that might actually prove to be useful could very well be in the back, she thought to herself. She let out a huff of breath and began to make more space between each of the shelves as she half climbed inside. "Eep! Lockie, don't do that!" she half yelled over the noise with a laugh. Her head bumbed the shelf above at the crash as the crippled pan hit the ground. She pouted and slid back out of the chiller again, several sticks of what looked to be long forgotten butter in her hand, along with a container of gray mush in the other. "Don't make me do this," she said veeeery seriously, hands on her hips.

Lindsay looked the two of them up and down as she waited for a response. The boy responded first and Lindsay felt her head nod up and down slowly, "Nice to meet you Xian." Lindsay's eyes drifted down to his not pad and she watched curiously as he began to draw. When he had finished and finished quite quickly in her opinion, she heard him apologize. "Oh, no. It's fine. My sister is an artist so it's not a big deal. When inspiration hits, right?" She smiled at him as if she understood. Though in honesty this was a flat out lie. She had no sister, and she knew nothing about art.

Her eyes drifted over to the girl, she felt a little more than offended at her complete silence, considering she was just having a conversation with this boy about five seconds ago though until she knew about this girl and why she here she wasn't going to make a big deal about it. Lindsay was crazy, not stupid. No sense in getting stabbed by some psychopath because they were ignoring her. Yes, the asylum didn't allow patients to carry a weapon, but where there's a will there's a way and crazy people ALWAYS found a way.

"So what are you in here for?" The question seemed more directed at Xian since he was the only one speaking to her at the time though it was an open question and the girl, June, was open to answer it if she wanted to. Then again, Xian didn't really have to answer if he didn't want to either. Lindsay just figured it was a good way to figure these two out if they were honest about their problems. Really though, who in this place was?

Xian hesitated at wheather or not he should tell this girl what had happened, then sighed and nodded almost reluctantly. "One of my parents is a musician and the other is a painter and, wonderfully," he sarcastically rolled his eyes here and smiled, "both have severe cases of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, or so I've been told. Anyway, I supposedly inherited all of those things, plus a bit extra from my other relatives. It didn't really kick in though until my mid-teens when puberty hit and everyone realised they couldn't keep me away from at least one of those two things for more than five minutes at a time. I was staying in one of those college dorms when a bomb went off in a village right next to the housing area. It deafened most of the students, myself included, for over half an hour and by then... well, long story short, I cut open my hands and fingers and used the blood as paint on my walls until I had nearly killed myself. Everyone though I was a 'lunatic'." Xian shrugged and looked away from the two girls. He couldn't change the past, only work on how he might be able to fix the future. Looking back at the Jenna girl, he smiled and lightly kicked her in the shin with his foot. "Tag, you're it."

June wasn't sure what she wanted to say. She was in there for her episodes of answering peoples thoughts rather than their verbal words. How was she supposed to explain that? She took a deep breath and said quietly. "I can read minds."

Xian blinked once. Twice. He hadn't been expecting that. He looked over at June with a quizzical look on his face, doubting both that he had misheard her or had imagined it. "That's.... interesting." The next statement was the most obvious in the world, and he knew it. "So, what am I thinking about now?" he asked with a grin, fingers tapping out a rhythm on his knee. A vivid scene where he was in a large white room where every kind of drawing and coloring instrument imaginable was lying around the ground, while almost deafening varients of music blasted from seemingly nowhere took up all of his thoughts. His real eyes seemed to fog over as his mind wandered amongst his dream worlds that consisted purely of colors and music.

(( Mind if I join? I did my best at playing catch up. :3))

Vivica Adler - ( post traumatic stress disorder, antisocial personality disorder)

Why am I here? Vivica wondered for the umpteenth time since entering the institution. “I am not crazy,” She told herself, her voice was weak and laced with uncertainty. She sighed and picked at her fingernails. She wondered how long she could stay cooped up in her room before the doctors would drag her out and force her to socialize. She had been admitted to the institution three and a half weeks ago. She has since then become very acquainted with her room which was looking more and more like a jail cell every passing minute. She had memorized the number of ceiling tiles, and which ones had water stains and which ones didn’t.

The door creaked open and Vivica looked up. A large blonde nurse stepped over the threshold cautiously. She looked at Vivica in disgust. “Come, on. you've been in here long enough, I think a visit to the rec room would do you some good.” She opened her mouth to protest, but she knew it was useless. She knew she couldn't hide in her room forever. She stood and let the nurse lead to the Rec room. She hesitated when they reached the doorway. The nurse grabbed Vivica’s arm and dragged her into the room. She gasped as the nurses fingertips dug into her skin. “No,” she groaned, as visions of twisting metal and blood race through her mind. The nurses face distorted in agony, her body crushed under the wheel of a semi truck. She represses the urge to vomit. “Your number’s almost up.” she whispers to the nurse who dismisses her and walks away.

VIvica bites her bottom lip and sits down at an empty table. She closes her eyes and tries to force the macabre visions of the soon-to-be dead nurse from her mind. This is why I'm here. She reminds herself.

June winced at the loud music playing inside his mind. "Music and a room...that is loud." It was making her head pound so she tried to tune it out.

"Oh, sorry," Xian said quickly, trying to tune it down the best he could until it was only soft background noise. It was difficult though, similar to trying to stop yourself from taking a freshly baked cookie when you were starving, yet hungry for nothing else besides that exact cookie. He had to keep his thoughts consistantly occupied with focusing on thinking of something else, so instead was able to settle with drawings; those from the past as well as ones that he hoped to see or draw in the future. His teeth were starting to bite his bottom lip with the need to get it out. Once again he took out his notebook and started to draw profusely.

June relaxed; the noise was no longer there so she didn't try to fight his thoughts out anymore. She was fascinated by the drawings, but she didn't say anything about them.