The Institute for the mentally unstable

Lockie was still yelling at Aden when he felt Tamarine move and then thud into a seated position. He knealt to the ground. 'Thank god, you're okay. i was worried.' His hands were still cuffed in front of him but he pulled her to her feet anyway. 'Can you walk?' He asked. The smoke was getting thicker even in the hallway. 'Come on, the rec room will be clearer, we can breathe in there.' He said, helping her walking further into the building.

"W-what... about the.... boy?" Tamarine barely managed to ask inbetween fitful coughs. Her eyes were bloodshot from the smoke but it wasn't very noticable considering her whole face was flushed from the heat and crying. She managed to get back onto her feet so Lockie wouldn't be supporting all of her weight. The unnecessary guilt was only just starting to come into her mind. 'I shouldn't of kicked out at the guards.... or maybe I should of kicked harder, then I wouldn't of been drugged and...' etc.

Xian watched the girl closely, not quiet sure he could take her word regarding her own wellbeing. "Come on. Why don't you take a seat before someone else runs into you," he offered, gently taking the girl by the forearm to lead towards the tables. He took another longing glance at the flames and sighed. Maybe he could try to draw a replica later.

Lockie shook his head, helping her into the rec room and guiding her to a chair. 'No, it wasn't your fault. They're just a bunch of useless pricks. They shouldn't be drugging people left right and centre like that. There ought to be some kind of law against that.' He checked her over for injuries and spotted an orderly rushing by. 'HEY! YOU!' Lockie grabbed hold of the guy. 'I need your keys.' He said. His voice turned hypnotic and the orderly handed over the keys and just walked off. 'Thanks man!' Lockie called ofter him, grinning. He uncuffed Tammy and then gave her the keys. 'Do the honours would ya?' He asked, holding his own hands out to her.

"O-of course. The pleasure's all mine," Tamarine said to finish the popular dialogue, a bit uncertain. Using one hand to keep both of his steady, she used the same key Lockie had used and unlocked his hand cuffs with a satisfying clink from within the metal. "There." She handed the keys back to him with a small smile. The outside yard had grown quieter except for the occasional order from one person to another, followed by the sound of the water changing positions.

Massaging his left wrist, locky flashed her a grin and took the keys. 'Thanks for that. I suppose I ought to give them back..' He said with a smirk, spinning the keys on his fingers. 'They could be useful though.. if I ever get cuffed again.' He grinned and pocketed them, wondering where he could get some new matches. 'So, that was fun. Feel like causing some issues in the cafeteria? We might be able to make some decent food.' He grinned

Tamarine was suspiciously keeping at least one hand behind her back at all times as she listened. "You can't be serious." Her eyes were as big as saucer plates and her voice had a tone of disbelief. Yet, right at the very corner of her mouth, there was the smallest of expectant smiles. She realised that Lockie wasn't just trying to brake out, he was eager to cause as much trouble and damage as he could while doing it, so long as it was fun or continued to get interesting.

Lyleianna shrugged and said "It's scary, black all the time. When I was a little girl I used to be afraid of the dark, sometimes I feel like her, you know. A scared a little girl stuck in darkness, and nothing can brighten it." she said and then she re-arranged her features into a forced smile "But that is really the worst of it, I get to have cookie, and getting around if pretty easy. Stairs are hard though" she admitted

June just walked along with the person who had grabbed her arm. She didn't really want to say no, she was terrified at the moment, and her head was pounding. Making decisions herself would be difficult.

Lockie grabbed hold of Tamarine's hand, dragging her to her feet. 'One very vital thing to know about me, miss Tammy. I am NEVER serious. if you be serious, it drains the fun out of life.' He told her with his trademark grin. 'Now who would want to spend their days being completely boring and dull? Not I!' he almost shouted it, charging forward towards the cafeteria. The truth was, his abilities would allow him to escape easily and without anyone even knowing. But There was no fun in it. He liked the challenge, the testing of the boundaries. And it was ALWAYS fun to see people band together to try and escape. 'Let us cause some havoc! i feel like baking a cake. Do you want a cake my lovely lady Tammy?' He asked, his eyes twinkling.

~
Iris smiled a little at her last comment. 'I imagine they would be.' She sighed, staring at the door. 'I wonder if they're going to let us out any time soon. I dont mind the cell, but it gets a little boring sometimes. They wont let me keep anything to brighten it up either.I don't know what they think i'd do. Papercut someone to death?'

Lyleianna smiled and nodded, she tripped over all the time outside. Lyla shrugged and said "There is nothing we can really do about that. Probably now, it seems there has been some trouble" she said, listening to all the yells and such and then she laughed again "Probably, cant have paper cuts can we" she mocked one of the wardens

Tamarine's smile became more noticable at the outburst, warming up to Lockie's crazy ideas. Sure, whenever they got caught they would be locked up in their cells for who knew how long but at least it would of been worth it. Besides, when was the last time anyone here had seen anything that contained sugar? She dusted herself off and started walking by his side. "Like one of those large wedding cakes that has all those layers with hundreds of candles all over it?" she asked, slipping whatever had been inside her hand into her back pocket.

Xian sat down with the girl at the furthest end of the rec room, away from all the noise and people. The poor thing seemed lost or in a daze, which would be no surprise considering where they were. "My name's Xian," he said with a small smile. He couldn't help it as he started to sing a quiet tune under his breath right after speaking, remembering the concert he had gone to when he had memorised it.

"I'm June." She answered, almost absentmindedly. She was still fighting off a headache.

Lockie's smile widened and he danced around the kitchen. 'YES! Absolutely! now lets see what this place has to offer.' He began rummaging through the pantries, pulling out eggs and flour and numerous other things. 'Well what do ya know, They DO put potato in that grey slop!' He'd found the recipe book and was skimming through the pages absently. In a moment he threw it away again, prancing around the kitchen excitedly. 'Tammy, Tammy Tammy Tammy, see what you can find in the cupboards!'

~
Iris shrugged. 'I don't mind it in here, but you start to go even more insane after a while. I think they trap people here by making them even crazier than they were to begin with.' She shrugged again, resting her head against the soft wall, closing her eyes. 'Sometimes I think about the outside, what it must be like. I've been here so long I barely remember it anymore.' She said with a sigh.

Lyla nods "I wouldn't be surprised" a smile appeared on her face and she saido wish we could drive them mad but they would just put us in solitary" she groaned. She had been there a couple of times and it sucked. Like a lot. It was a small cell, no tv no bed just a matters on the door, with a flap to push the food trays though, it was padded and she assumed white.

Tamarine easily climbed up onto the high counters without even bothering to use a chair. Opening the first cupboard, she began taking each item out as she listed it aloud so Lockie would know her finds. "Blender!" she called, taking the very much modern machinary and setting it down by her feet. "Pizza pan... mixing bowls... extract flavourings... dyes... pain brushes?" She moved over to the next one almost giddy that they might actually get away with doing something like this. "Alright! Funky cheese... dried and canned stuff... a bottle of wine... random box... what is tha- EEK!" Tamarine lost her footing and fell back onto the floor against a sack of powder, which subsequently burst, powdering the whole kitchen. Ring finger in her mouth like a kindergartener, she smiled up at Lockie apologetically. "A rat bit me," she explained.

Xian's brows furrowed in slight concern, June was obviously not feeling well. Maybe she had managed to get away without taking her medicine today or something. Good for her, if she did. Those things turned most people in to mindless zombies as far as he was concerned. "You don't look so good. Anything I could ask an orderly to get you?"

"No no it's quiet alright..." She rubbed her head. "Just my normal...headaches." She didn't want to tell anyone about her mind reading. The last thing she needed was for someone to think she was even more crazy for something she couldn't help.

((hope it's ok if I just pop in... Lol))

-- Lindsay Bryar ( Pseudologia fantastic (pathological liar), depersonalization disorder) --

Lindsay decided today was a good day to stop hiding in her room and come out to greet people. Ok, well maybe that was a bit more of a lie than she hoped. In truth, she was being told she could no longer hide out in her room and that she had to socialize, some how this would be good for her. She could hear the sigh as it escaped past her lips though she didn't really feel it. It was as if someone else had sighed around her and she was only just hearing it.

"Let's go Lindsay... out!" The nurse bickered at her and Lindsay pushed herself up from the bed.

It was almost too surreal for her as she made her way down the hallway. She could hear patients talking, though she couldn't quite make out what they were all talking about she didn't really want to hear though. Why should she care about the babbling of the insane? Again. Another lie. Lindsay was MORE than interested in what was being talked about, but she wasn't about to just throw herself in the middle of the conversation Oh no, she didn't need attention like that. As she made her way into what she figured was the recreation room she could hear people who sounded close to her age speaking.

She pulled out a chair at a large white round table and although she wasn't about to just jump into their conversation she had no problems listening into it. As she grabbed a pack of cards and began laying the deck out for a game of
solitaire she listened closely to the conversation. The girl mentioned something about having a head ache, the boy seemed concerned. Where these two a couple? She began to think of what it would be like to date inside an asylum when she faded away from reality for a moment, that feeling crept up in her mind again. That awful feeling, like she was no longer one with herself. Instead everything just seemed like it was a movie she was just watching. This would have been ok if the feelings weren't also accompanied by actions that Lindsay felt she couldn't control either. Suddenly she found herself in front of the two.

"Hey there... couldn't help hearing about your little problem. Headaches? Y'know ... if you need some help... I know where to get medication." She felt a smile creep up on her face as the words slipped past her lips effortlessly.This would have been great and helpful for the girl only Lindsay had no idea how to get these medications. Well, she'd cross that bridge if this girl asked for it. "Oh, I'm Jenna by the way."

Xian smiled at June understandingly. "I get them sometimes if I can't get my thoughts out fast enough; the only reason they let me carry around pens outside of the cell." He looked up suddenly with interest as a new girl jumped into the conversation. "Hi, I'm Xian, oh, and this is June." He gestured towards her with a small nudge of his head. June had already said that she didn't want the medication but decided to let her answer Jenna by herself. Abruptly, he got out a reasonable sized notepad that he had been intent on drawing in within the next few minutes, before he started babbling about random nonsense, and began to draw, momentarily forgetting where he was. It was a rough sketch of what seemed to be himself emerging from the flames that he had seen earlier, then to his back. He made a face at the drawing though, ripped it out and threw it over his shoulder. "Sorry," he said quickly with a light laugh.

Lockie burst into peels of laughter as white powder exploded from the bag and coated everything in the kitchen. He walked over, helping Tammy to her feet and inspecting the bite with interest. 'I think you should probably wash that. There's a sink over there.' He gestured behind him and grinned again. 'looks like you found the icing sugar.' He called over to her, licking some of the powdery substance off his finger. 'Yup, definitely icing sugar. Now if we find something to flavour it, we can make icing for our cake. Oh and butter. we'll need butter. Maybe we should check the fridge.' He said, resuming his search of the cupboards.

~
Iris sighed. 'I'm basically IN solitary confinement. They took out most of my entertainment after I tried to smash the orderly's head into the tv..' She shrugged. 'As i said. I don't like men.' She stood up and began to pace the room. 'I just wish I had something to do with my time. I got into that origami stuff, you know, paper folding and all that.. But they wont let me have paper in here. Again with the fear of papercuts or something.'

Tamarine giggled to herself and carefully walked over to the sink to wash off her hands of the small droplets of blood that had a light dusting of sugar on top. The soap stung a bit but it was fine, being nowhere near as painful as those injections the orderlies gave occasionally. They even left bruises most of the time. She made a face at the thought, drying off her hands on her pants and went to scavenge around the fridge for butter.