The Institute for the mentally unstable

Lyla nodded "I can't say I think that way, I know how the brain works and I understand. But you don't. And it's fine," she shrugged and cookie jumped up on iris and licked her face, where the tears were. She sighed and put her head in her hands, "I wish I could see insead of the back that is there. A constant cloud of black" she shuddered

Tamarine's eyes widened in disbelief at what he had done, immediately taking off after him as fast as she could, counting the seconds in her head before she would hear the yells and shouts from the guards. As she ran she realised two obvious flaws in the plan: One, there were cameras everywhere. Two, they were the only people that came from the direction of the tree who were running away from it. She kept going though, not wanting to suddenly stop and have to face the syringe filled with the sedative. Glancing back behind herself and only on the count of seven, she saw that the orderly had only just taken notice of the tree after talking to his walky-talky. She continued to run, heading towards the metal benches which she might be able to duck under, having already lock sight of Lockie. Daring another look back was another regret to add to her day; there were three more attendants that had split up to look for the asaaulter. Tamarine held her breath as she dropped to the ground next to the benches, rolling under them for cover.

Iris bit her lip. Here she was talking about her own problems while Lyla sat in complete blindness, unable to see anything at all. 'I'm so sorry.. It's selfish of me, so selfish.' She suddenly hugged Lyla, forgetting all about her aversion for contact. It wasn't all that important to her anyway, after all, she was probably just being stupid for not wanting contact anyway. Lyla made her feel at ease, and so she at least owed her a hug.

~
Lockie laughed triumphantly as he rolled under one of the benches with Tammy. 'Isn't this great?' He breathed in a loud whisper, rolling to face her with a grin on his face. Maybe he was a little crazy, maybe he did belong there, but that was the whole fun of it. It excited him to see the whole garden bed spread with fire. The smoke soon became thick though and everyone was being ushered back inside. 'Stay completely still.. maybe they won't notice us.' No sooner had he said the words than he was being dragged out from the cover of the bench by his collar. 'Got you! What do you think you're doing.' He grinned. 'I thought it was chilly so I lit a bonfire.' He said with a grin while the man shoved restraints on him. 'Come on now, is that really necessary? All i did was flush out some weeds.' He complained as they searched his pockets and found his matches. 'These are restricted here.' The orderly said gruffly. 'Aww come on man.. They're my last box!' he complained as the orderly dragged Tammy out from under the benches as well. 'Hey now! Leave her alone, she had nothing to do with it.' He called out as he was being dragged inside. 'You'd better leave her alone!'

Lyleianna smiled slightly and hugged her back, tightly "it's not. It isn't selfish" she said trying to reassure her, she still felt her voice break when she spoke again "it just hurts. I can't see. It's black and nothing can help. There are no lights and its like I can't open my eyes" she would have been crying if she could. She closed her eyes and said "but I still am not that damaged. I can sti remember what it's like to see" she said trying to reassure herself more than Iris

Aden, now back inside, had heard some screams and yelling from the yard. He walked back over to perhaps get a view and was instantly restrained by an orderly. "Aden I really don't think you need to see this." Aden was completely confused and heard one orderly shout out, "Get the extinguisher, put it out!" Those words replayed through his head over and over as his eyes widened. He pushed the orderly out of the way and ran to the rec room only to see flames enveloping some of the outside yard.

Aden was in complete shock. Had Lockie actually gone through with it? He ran to the entrance of the yard, quickly being detained. Aden was screaming, "Is everyone safe? Did you get everyone! Don't let anyone die! Let me go I can help! I have to help!" It was if he was replaying the events of his past all again. The fire burned for awhile and Aden was forced to stand in the rec room. He couldn't keep his eyes away.

Tamarine was dragged out from under the hiding place, the sudden elevation making the smoke enter her lungs. She was coughing madly while tears from the smoke were blinding her vision. She tried to resist but the panic of being confined between all of the large bodies was making her suffocate, kicking and trying to squirm away from her captors. There was screaming and shouting all around but she couldn't see anything except for the uniform fabric of the guards, smeared and blurry. An orderly roughly grabbed both of her hands, binding them behind her back with metal cuffs for 'her own protection' as they insisted. Refusing to stop going against them, a guard pushed his way through to her with a remarkably white cloth in his hand, pressing it tightly against her mouth. Tamarine inhaled too late. 'Ethanol...' was her last thought before hitting unconsciousness and her body went limp.

Iris bit her lip nervously. 'I..if you want to stay in here.. you can.. i mean.. if they let you.. It can be scary out here after all.. and i might need someone to wake me up... if the nightmares start again.' She said in a soft, quiet voice. She wasn't lying. She did want her company, but she also wanted Lyla to have someone too.

~
Lockie had been willing to deal with the consequences, but when they drugged Tammy he snapped. 'LET HER GO! I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE HER ALONE!' He roared, fighting off their grip with some difficulty. His hand, foolishly, had been cuffed at the front, so he was able to use the full force of his arms to deliver a blow to the face of the orderly that grabbed him. 'I told you not to hurt her.' He growled, anger flashing in his eyes. As one of the attendants went to approach him, a huge spark of lightning crashed down, striking the attendant. Smoke grew thick and heavy. Something wasn't right. The plants shouldn't have caught fire so easily.. it had been raining. He'd been set up he just knew it. As more attendants rushed out to put out the fire and control the unruley patients, Lockie grabbed Tammy as best he could, somehow getting his arms over her head and around her thin shoulders. He dragged her to the door, spotting Aden. 'Aden.. Aden please! Help her! They knocked her out!'

Lyleianna smiled st the news it would be fantastic to have someone to talk to and just sut here with. She stood and said and said "thanks, sounds like there is a commotion out there so we might get away with it" she smiled and found a chair to sit in. She curled up in it.

Aden stared with horrified eyes at the whole situation. Finally getting enough capacity to speak he yelled among the chaos. "Follow me!" He gestured with his and several times to follow and ran back into the yard. Was he crazy? Aden walked out as far as he could without the fire burning him. He lifted his hands and made several movements causing a spot clear enough for the three to enter to appear. "Is there any weak parts of the wall? Somewhere we can smash through?" As Lockie entered the area with Aden he pushed forward creating a sphere of safety. It was burning the hell out of his hands as they heated up. He held back any screams of agony. They needed to leave, it was now or never for them. He hoped dearly that the fire caused weak infrastructure.

June started screaming hysterically. She didn't understand what was happening but there was intense heat scorching her.

Lockie grimaced, dragging the unconscious Tamarine along the ground with difficulty. 'Of course there isn't you idiot! This place is a fucking fortress. NOW WOULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH HER?!' He shouted at him, struggling with the cuffs to get them off. 'Get inside. It will be safer there. Less smoke. COME ON WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR WONDERBOY? MOVE YOUR ARSE!' He shouted, losing his cool. It was one thing to start a small fire, but this.. this couldn't be his doing. It shouldn't have lit up like that with the rain, he kept telling himself over and over. He watched as the ladder of a firetruck came into site over the wall and a group of firemen appeared, holding the massive hose and starting to hose it down. More men were rushing around outside now, some the orderlies, the others the firefighters. Within minutes they had it under control and nearly put out. Lockie coughed painfully, collapsing on the ground. i think I inhaled too much smoke.. I'm telling you man.. it wasn't me.. That.. shouldn't have lit up like that.'

~
Iris smiled and lay down on her bed, wondering what it would be like to have a friend of sorts. 'So.. who shot you?' She asked, pulling the woollen hospital blanket over her shoulders as she spoke. 'Did you know them?'

Lyla corwned and said "sort of" she pulled her knees to her chest and said "They had been the defendant in a case I had been helping with, and I persuaded the victim to testify. He got thrown in jail but not before grabbing a cops gun and sending a bullet through my head. They tried him for that too. " she told her shaking her head a little

Iris couldn't stop the exhale of surprise as she heard Lyla's words. 'Why did he shoot you? That seems a little extreme doesn't it? Why the hell would they let a policemen have a gun in a courtroom in anycase. i thought tazers were only allowed there..' She exclaimed, sitting up again.

Lyla realised how unclear she was being and she shook her head "it was from the officers taking at the local police station. they had to have them. I was delivering another case file and they were bringin him to a car, he saw me and grabbed a gun. he shot me. As for why..... Because he was angry. I'd put him in prison when he was so sure he would get away with it"

June was still freaking out and somehow without realizing it ended up near some other people. She didn't know who theythey were but she shut their thoughts out. Her head throbbed.

'Oh..' iris lapsed into silence, unsure what she should say now. she picked at the the woolen blanket, sighing. There was an upside to being a solitary creature by habit. you didn't have to worry about saying the wrong thing. Now she sat in silence, thinking over what she should say. 'Was it hard... not being able to see?' She asked eventually, staring at her hands, studying the bitten down nailbeds on her fingers.

June started walking in aimless circles, until she bumped into somebody.

(( *sigh* I'll just make another person then *pities* ))

Character ~ Xian, Extreme OCD with music and painting.

Xian stood up from his table, chair scraping harshly against the stone ground as the smoke started to come in to the rec room. He watched the flames' changing colors with intensifying interest, being drawn towards them like a moth to light. The entire room was becoming packed though with orderlies and patients who were only causing a ruckus and danger to one another, he couldn't get through. Huffing his frustrastion, he went around the perimeter of the crowd until he ran smack dab against some girl who had been previously going in circles. "Sorry," he said quickly. "You alright?" His fingers discretely tapped the back of his other hand as a random tune entered his head.

(( Haha! Oh my gosh, sorry XD I shall wake the sleeping, racoon-eyed, beauty then ))

Tamarine took in another shallow breath of smoke and air, the only good of it the fact that its smell was stronger than the lingering remaints of the drug on her lips. Her fingers twitched, trying to brake out of the hold her mind had put her body in to as she slowly regained consciousness of her surroundings. The began to feel the heat against her skin and the feel of someone holding on to her. She at first mistook it as one of the guards but was proved wrong as she realised it was Lockie yelling at someone as they slowly went down. She was too heavy and he couldn't hold her anymore with all of this smoke around. Smoke. Tamarine took in a deep inhalation of the stuff, setting her lungs off in to a coughing frenzy, finally jolting her body out of the paralysis as her body forced her into a sitting position, only making it worse.

June jumped unexpectedly and very nearly shrieked. Her hands shook and she looked at the person who had bumped into her. "I'm fine...I think." She began to get overwhelmed with thoughts again and so she clenched her jaw, trying to shut them out again.